SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and Farrin (part12)

5,606 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
don't get me wrong sus i have not prejudge her relationship nor the direction it's going in. i am just saying that learning patois here is probably the only unmistaken truth she can get here. cause even hearing our story can only be a measuring stick not her truth

I agree with you, Jakeswife - But I think that talking to others who are in similar relationships can be a helpful thing - Because people that aren't in LDRs, or dealing with the ups and downs of immigration, esp. JA specific - aren't going to get it.

I also think there are a lot of unmistaken truths that can be learned here other than patois

oh yes !

I was quoting from above - I interpreted it to mean that the only truth here is going to be the patois - other things might be posted as truths but they aren't

ok, i'm confused. Whats an unmistaken truth?

no no no no no sus. that's not what i mean about patois being the unmistaken truth. what i mean is patios teaching is incontrovertible it's something that cannot be denied based on just knowledge of it. once you know patois you know patois. however we are all on this journey at least most of us are and as we go along we sometimes find our way in very similar circumstances that can be dealt with numerous ways as a result we all can learn alot from it or have very different views about it . patois is just that but life and it's familiar experiences can be learnt in many differen ways depending on our understanding of the situation. so yes we are here to be of some help to each other but we know that the help we receive here can do so much and no more for each individual. the rest is up to us separate and apart from this site.

Edited by jakeswife

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Lovesponge, I can only speak of myself. i was in no way judging her. She started a couple of threads and I mentioned a couple of serious things to her. We can all sit here and act like we're these "without issues" individuals but we all know we are not. Where I'm coming from is the simple fact that she had no clue Jamaican is not a language, come on lets be real. mi know mi chat nuff, but sometimes some ppl need fi get things put in their faces to bring light to what they did see.

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

Lovesponge...a so it go anytime you have a group of people with different opinions. just one of those things in life like in any social environment. There is a long history of failed relationships and other mishaps on the thread. Sometimes when the same "signs" are seen again a member will call it out. Some people like to sugar coat things, others tell it like it is. I don't think wat anyone says (types) or does (emoticons) is meant to hurt andyone or put anyone down. Just my 2cents

Once again...from MY posts I apologized to her and let her know we are here to help

((insert Kimmy's disclaimer here))

Edited by Marie87

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

04/22/09 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

08/27/09 - RFE Hardcopy Received

09/11/09 - Evidence sent to CSC

09/16/09 - Evidence Received by CSC

09/20/09 - Touch...on a Sunday???

09/25/09 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. Dated 9/18

NVC Timeline

10/01/09 - NVC Case Number Assigned

10/02/09 - DS3023 & I-864 Bill Generated

10/02/09 - Paid I-864 fee online

10/03/09 - DS3032 Emailed

10/13/09 - Sent I-864 Packet

10/14/09 - NVC Received I-864 Packet

10/20/09 - I-864 Received via AVR

10/22/09 - IV Bill Generated

Timeline

and to add to my comment..i can't help anyone with their own issues if i myself have not dealth with my own...not only on the tek beam outta ur eye 1st thing but also..how can i teach when i have no experience on the matter...

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
no no no no no sus. that's not what i mean about patois being the unmistaken truth. what i mean is patios teaching is incontrovertible it's something that cannot be denied based on just knowledge of it. once you know patois you know patois. however we are all on this journey at least most of us are and as we go along we sometimes find our way in very similar circumstances that can be dealt with numerous ways as a result we all can learn alot from it or have very different views about it . patois is just that but life and it's familiar experiences can be learnt in many differen ways depending on our understanding of the situation. so yes we are here to be of some help to each other but we know that the help we receive here can do so much and no more for each individual. the rest is up to us separate and apart from this site.

Gotcha, thanks for the clarification - I have PMS tonight and jumped wrong, lol

ANd now that my comfy fleece pjs are dry, mi go curl up on my couch and sulk

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

Lance does the same thing :bonk:

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

04/22/09 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

08/27/09 - RFE Hardcopy Received

09/11/09 - Evidence sent to CSC

09/16/09 - Evidence Received by CSC

09/20/09 - Touch...on a Sunday???

09/25/09 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. Dated 9/18

NVC Timeline

10/01/09 - NVC Case Number Assigned

10/02/09 - DS3023 & I-864 Bill Generated

10/02/09 - Paid I-864 fee online

10/03/09 - DS3032 Emailed

10/13/09 - Sent I-864 Packet

10/14/09 - NVC Received I-864 Packet

10/20/09 - I-864 Received via AVR

10/22/09 - IV Bill Generated

Timeline
likkle more Sus..call DJ..or him call aready :)

LOL - him call from a route taxi full of people - Told him to call me back when he wasn't crammed in a car with blaring music and open windows :wacko:

\

HEHEE ANXIETY..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Lovesponge, I can only speak of myself. i was in no way judging her. She started a couple of threads and I mentioned a couple of serious things to her. We can all sit here and act like we're these "without issues" individuals but we all know we are not. Where I'm coming from is the simple fact that she had no clue Jamaican is not a language, come on lets be real. mi know mi chat nuff, but sometimes some ppl need fi get things put in their faces to bring light to what they did see.

I just felt bad cause, I feel like she might not come back or get the wrong idea of us. Maybe we should have gotten to know her and her situation a little more before we start offering opinions.

"Patience with others is Love, Patience with self is Hope, Patience with God is Faith."--

Adel Bestavros

Timeline

mi used to call j inna taxi and eveytime him sey ""turn down the music"" mi say babe i am in the cab then the window just a whoosh sound inna him ear so him pretend fi hear mi until mi ask him u understand then him sey"" ahhhhh i didn't hear you"" so mi get mad and sey den wha di hell you a agree wid mi fa and u didn't hear mi

Timeline

I just felt bad cause, I feel like she might not come back or get the wrong idea of us. Maybe we should have gotten to know her and her situation a little more before we start offering opinions.

ok, now I feel really bad too. I didnt know all the history here. I just saw the post she made here, and then the thread on the mail and I just thought it was a troll or something.

I hope she does come back, cause it seems that the thread could help her learn alot about JA, or at least alot about the process of visas and JA relationships.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline

I understand, but have u seen her other topics? when u put thing out in the open u leave every and any to form opinions, and must not get offended when u don't hear the answer u were looking for.

Timeline

ok, now I feel really bad too. I didnt know all the history here. I just saw the post she made here, and then the thread on the mail and I just thought it was a troll or something.

I hope she does come back, cause it seems that the thread could help her learn alot about JA, or at least alot about the process of visas and JA relationships.

mi offer lessons aready :)..oonuh tap feel bad man..a reality ..seriously..oonuh claim wi a family..wouldn't ur family laugh at if uy no know wah u soon to be husband speak

Lovesponge, I am going to put my neck out on this one, this individual is talking about marrying someone, she is not talking about just dating. From all of her posts she seems to be a little naive, about her SO and his culture. zzzzzif you'll had read her post correctly, it wasn't I or anyone else laughing at her, she was also laughing at ger self.

Now you tell me if your daughter came to you and said mommy, I am marrying someone from 3000 miles away, but I don't even know anything about his culture. As a parent tell me the honest to GOD truth what would you be saying to your daughter. Those who are in denial of her situation, are the ones who are hurting her the most. We all want to sugar coat everything as if it's all good, but when she comes back on VJ and declared that he used her for a GC, after he has gotten here and left her, then we want to offer her advise about should have, would have could have.

Well, I'm going stick my neck out and be dam.... BeautifulBaby, please take your time in filing for your SO, there is so much you needs to know before hand, and it seems like you don't undefrstand much about him or his culture. His culture will play a big part in your relationship. Yeah, the sex may have been good, but marriage is a Hell lot more than sex.

Roxcie

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.