SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and Farrin (part12)

5,606 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

can someone write my paper for me, how can I make International business/economics sound exciting

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can someone write my paper for me, how can I make International business/economics sound exciting

I'll write yours if you write mine - Surveillance under the FMLA and it's implications :blink:

I've heard/seen that acrynm about 100 times this week. Mi learning something, if someone has "DROPSI" I can't spell the medical term, you can't fire them because it's a disability.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
dillon I got the PM...hope you hear something soon.

Ya'll don't want any of my CHICKEN FOOT SOUP????????

NO WAY!!!!!

Oh, come on dillon it is so good when I make it and I put little dumplins, not the spinners. I only use the spinner dumplins when I do oxtail or browstew, okay...how about fish head soup?

This is my very favorite Jamaican food.

All the natives are always weirded out by the fact that I like it???

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Timeline

hmmm. is it our interactions with international businesses (as in us being included) or international businesses with us being excluded?

perhaps you can play in on a spin with our independence (or rather interdependence I suppose... the pros and cons of being international)

hahahah. thats all I know with my third grade economic self!

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Here is part of the post:

This message was posted with permission from Justin's aunt - "Ty." I am not related to this family, nor have I ever met them other than chatting with "Ty" online. I have made a few corrections for clarity.

Forum members of negril dot com are mobilizing to lobby the government of Jamaica and Chamber of Commerce to take action to remedy the problem of reckless driving in Negril. Many (tourists & Jamaicans) have lost their lives and/or been injured in this same manner.

"Hi:

I am the aunt of Justin Holland. I was made aware of your Board by Jenny. Sometimes you are so involved with what happens in your immediate circle that you are totally unaware of the problems others deal with until you are hit by a tragedy.

I just want to thank everyone for their heartfelt thoughts. Justin was a lovely boy and his life was just beginning. He was only 26 years old and from New Jersey not Penn. Justin was not attempting to cross. He was waiting on the shoulder, a driver stopped and put on his hazard lights for Justin to cross. Some idiot couldn't wait because he was drag racing and swung around the stopped car, struck Justin and killed him instantly. He hit him 100 yards from the entrance of the White Sands villa where we were staying. It was my sister (his mother's) birthday and we all went down as a family. He had just left Margaritaville where we had a party on the beach. They were going to go out to The Jungle and Justin wanted to change his shirt. Justin lay dead while the road was still open and his broken body exposed. If it wasn't for someone at another resort, he would not have been covered. An ambulance arrived and did nothing. Once they saw he was dead, they moved on to treat the man that killed my nephew. He didn't say a word even when I approached him, he did not look at me as if he had any remorse. It took almost 2 hours for the police to come, the coroner another 30-45 mins. Justin lay in a ditch as people stood over and tried to take pictures. I understand that this is something people probably see everyday, but this was no normal situation for us. We will not stop until we get some type of justice. The guy that hit him walked away with a bump on the head. Most people think he will get away with it as his parents own a Texaco gas station downtown and a jewelry store. I know laws are different in the States, but we just can't see him getting away with murder. Although we are from the States, we have met and know people who have contacts. Again thanks for your condolences. His parents arrived back in the States last night and because of the laws or lack thereof, his body will not arrive until Friday (2/6/09).

I just want to say, it does not matter how much you watch the roads if there is no one there to control how people drive. We were supposed to be on vacation. The only comfort we have right now is that we feel the impact was so great that Justin did not suffer and the 20 mins. before this tragedy, he was extremely happy and spent his last moments with his family."

I do not know if it would be proper to post the name of the driver of the vehicle, but that information is posted on the negril dot com message board.

The driver was arrested and is out on bail.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Sus, my uncle and I was talking about this yesterday, it's just so sad and this happens a lot. The guy who worked on my dad's house last year was on his way to pick someone up at the airport and some EDIAT decided he didn't want to drive behind a tour bus, tried to overtake, didn't have enough room and slammed headon into him, breaking both his legs, arms, hips, ribs and back, they don't know how he survived, but he did. His other passengers had similar injuries, the police had to protect the men who caused the accident. There is a strech of road, from Trelawny to Mobay and it's a racers dream, they need to do something about it...most of them don't even make it around the bend and they end up in the gully almost to the seaside.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Hey ladies I just got caught up on the last few pages...

It seems to have gotten a little heated in here :(:crying::crying:

I am almost sorry I posted my story.

But these are things that can and sometimes do happen

I didn't want it to cause confusion or a fuss...

I am glad to see things clamed down.

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I am totally down for discussion, anything but eveything, I am like an open book...... Also I am not trying by any means at all to discourage anyone in this thread, but it is dog e dog wworld out there, and we all need a sounding board, and for all the talking that is done... I would like for more people to open there selves up , and ask the questions that they have hesitated to ask before..... I know I wished I had asked a few things, and had some experiences to reflect on before my journey began

Should we discuss in the thread Marlita started? If so, I'll bump it.

I love this idea..What thread?

OMG..is this a fellow yardie that was killed??

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Shyne, don't make me fly over there. You don't have to be sorry about anything. I'm glad you shared your story, you have helped many.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I did read heat in the post.. Lost of passion yes but that is a given when discussing those we love. Don't feel bad..I'm glad we discussed the issues.

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

So, wakey since a jus u an me one here...what's for dinner

You want some of my chicken foot soup?

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Well my experience so far (he has only been up here a little over a month) has been good majority of the time...we have had our little arguments where i won't speak to him for like umm 20mins but we get over it...my issues with him is only the puff puff thing...and honestly is not really the puff puff is just that i know must jobs up here do tests and I want him to get a job b4 he thinks of doing it...everyone i know does that and they all work and maintain their job and i don't have a problem with it...i meet my hubby doing that and i never complained when i was down there when he did it...heck i did it with him in JA just so I can "catch a vibe" with him...no biggie...but its like you up here now you need a job you need to stay clean until you get one...blah blah...thats one...

My hubby also hates to stay in one place all day and i can understand cause no one wants to be hostage in a house all day so he will go outside and hang out with mostly his cousins...never an issue about coming home late...the latest he will come home is like maybe 1:am..its just cause i know what his cousins do and i don't want him to get easily influenced...he says he doesn't and I believe him...(I smell his hair everytime he comes home from over there...LOL) but can't prevent him from hanging out with his fam...i just ask him everyday if he did it and he just laughs at me and says "Ah wha do you"...

Another one is I have a son (8yrs old) and he really enjoys hubby especially since his dad doesn't spend anytime with him (his dad is JA too)...anyway I am really tough when it comes to helping my son with his homework...I mean its like i have no patients with him cause i expect so much from him...i know i know...but anyway hubby always telling me that i am too hard on the boy and i need to lay off and when i'm trying to make my son understand a question hubby tells him the answer...so we go back and forth about that and i can admit that i am hard on my son so i need to work on that and hubby sees why he can't just know the answer he must understand it...so we working on trying to help my son together with his homework since hubby can provide the compassion and encouragement and I provide the reasonings of why the answer is so...

Sleeping together is funny cause i'm use to having my bed to myself so everynight he has to wake me up and tell me to move over cause he is like literally hanging from the side of the bed... :blush:

The best of it all is now i come home to cooked food almost everyday and my hubby can throw it down...today he called me and told me he cooked stew chicken with white rice...can't wait...

I know me and hubby is going to go through so much more and I understand a lot of things you should talk about it first before they come here and yada yada but i am the type of person that usually goes through the motion and when something comes up then we will deal with it...the most important thing that i told hubby before he got here and what I would expect from him is to first to make sure he betters himself educationally, get a job, how to manage money and to take care of his family before anything else...Me and hubby have a great connection when it comes to talking things through (or it could be him just yesing me to death...who knows :whistle: )..but so far so good and i'm going to try to make it work and I "hope" he does the same...only time will tell... :star:

NVC Journey Total days: 75

04.09.2008: Case# assigned

05.12.2008: DS230 Entered into System

06.18.2008: Case Complete (So upset that it took this long 37days)

US Embassy:

10.29.2008: Interview Date Assigned

11.17.2008: Medical Appointment

12.03.2008: Interview Date (FINALLY!!!)**APPROVED**

12.08.2008: Visa Delivered

12.21.2008: POE JFK

That's sweet jgay...you're such a sweetheart...I have to help my son with his homework too and he tells me I'm doing it wrong :angry: now, I have to come up with a design out of 100 cheerios...he's vacumming the floor now. He's 5 and I'm teaching him how to hold it down on his own when the time comes.

I'll say it again, they have to find their way.

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.