SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and Farrin (part12)

5,606 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ladies,

I am a very straight foward, and honest person.....I have been thru a roller coaster ride and a half..... Was it worth it? YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have always been up for a challange, and never have been the type to give up...........Being married is far from easy, espicially when you only have 90 days to live and experience everyday life with a person and decide if you wan to commit your life for definite.... Jamiacans in a whole get married for life, no if ands or buts about it..... If you try to tell me different, then you got scammed.... Sorry to say it like that but.... I have been in and out of this thread, for 4 yrs and seen quite a bit.... Americans are programmmed to , well if it is not working get a divorce.... That is the world I was brought up in..... But if LOVE is true than it will work its self oyut.... It will happen just have patience..........if you have any left to spare..........

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I know this was directed to Mrs. Smith but I always stayed in hotel, ate out and clubbed every night in JA. I still made it clear to Damien what his financial obligations will be once he arrived....didn't have any problems in that area. I'm sure the women who stayed with their SOs have issues one way or another...

Now I see why people don't share their experiences...

Shem..i think it's when they just ASSUME ok..he's a man so him a go step up..yea ok..if u mek everything easy how must he fulfill his duties..the dif is that you spoke on it..u were honest and upfront with damien...some put on a front everytime..

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I know this was directed to Mrs. Smith but I always stayed in hotel, ate out and clubbed every night in JA. I still made it clear to Damien what his financial obligations will be once he arrived....didn't have any problems in that area. I'm sure the women who stayed with their SOs have issues one way or another...

You just made the point that I have been trying to make - You did all that, but you still made it clear what it would be

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You just made the point that I have been trying to make - You did all that, but you still made it clear what it would be

But that's ONE point....it could been either way. Damien is just ####### with money. Trust me, nothing else turned out the way I thought it would.

Timeline
JG..i think that's a total dif case..hubby works most evenings and if he works a Saturday and wants to hang out after..SO WHAT..it won't be a shock to me...when it's a shock to u..then u have a problem

Oh, I know, Kimmy. I'm just saying there are changes that have to be made. On both sides.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I think this is a good discussion...there is no right or wrong answer.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline
JG..i think that's a total dif case..hubby works most evenings and if he works a Saturday and wants to hang out after..SO WHAT..it won't be a shock to me...when it's a shock to u..then u have a problem

Oh, I know, Kimmy. I'm just saying there are changes that have to be made. On both sides.

Abosolutely...it's a 2 way street

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

Staying with him doesn't make that much of a difference in the perception, if you ask me.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Shem..i think it's when they just ASSUME ok..he's a man so him a go step up..yea ok..if u mek everything easy how must he fulfill his duties..the dif is that you spoke on it..u were honest and upfront with damien...some put on a front everytime..

Of couse, money was discussed but what about the other topics I wasn't aware of??? That's why it's important to openly discuss their issues.

Staying with him doesn't make that much of a difference in the perception, if you ask me.

Exactly.

Timeline

Of couse, money was discussed but what about the other topics I wasn't aware of??? That's why it's important to openly discuss their issues.

That's why this thread is invaluable - Because someone else might have something that you never in a million years would have thought about happen - We can all learn from one another -

Timeline

right..and that's why everyday is a learning experience..everything nees to be discussed.."how do u guys do it in JA" "does this happen when u do this" simple things u think r cho no worries...

Timeline

That's why this thread is invaluable - Because someone else might have something that you never in a million years would have thought about happen - We can all learn from one another -

:thumbs:

Timeline

we talked about everything over the moon..but let me tell u..when he got here everything had to go over again...si mi and know mi a 2 dif times..oonuh ever hear dat? hearing about an experience and actually experiencing it are dif worlds

Timeline
right..and that's why everyday is a learning experience..everything nees to be discussed.."how do u guys do it in JA" "does this happen when u do this" simple things u think r cho no worries...

Totally off topic, but your post just reminded me of something I wanted to ask you - Kimmy, have you been able to get cho cho here?

(sorry, I'm hungry, lol)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
i have dated my different share of man, thinking that it would be lessons learned for the future, but if you have never dealt with someone from another country before it is different, bottom line................You can discuss with your man all you want before he gets here.... that is just talk................ACTIONS that is what it comes down too.... I was on vacation when I met my spouse, and everytime I visited I was on vacation.... Him coming here I was not on vacation, I am here making a living , paying bills, sacrificing .... Until they arrive here and see America is not throwing free stuff at u and money does not grow on trees... well u know where I am going with this.....

Did I ever say I hadn't dealt with someone from another country? Trust, I am not just talk, I am speaking from experience as well - So, speaking on your actions - ever time you visited you were on vacation - Did you stay at his house, or always in hotels? Did you eat out in restaurants 3 meals a day, go to the club every night, have money that you freely spent? Too many women do that and add to the perception that money grows on trees and stuff is free -

And Sus..i TOTALLY get you..and I agree

Look at me and Kashi our initial plan was for him to chill home for a little ..we talked for months about it..he came and couldn't stay in the house...he was going MAD!

Thanks, Kimmy

I stayed 8 days in the mountains of Jamiaca, 2 hrs form the tourist area, and seen a lifestyle that I have only seen on the discovery channel. I went there with $$300 US in my pocket, and contributed what i could for food and transportation, and we did not enjoy and beaches or anyhing of the sorts.... I had no idea what I was getting into before I arrived.. So I seen his struggle and where he came from, so try that on someone that is lying to themselves about there experience.... Not trying to be harsh, but it is almost like u are stuck in a fanatsy world.........

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.