SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and Farrin (part12)

5,606 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
It's freezing here to and per that darn groundhog, we will have 6 more weeks of winter. Ugh!

Doesn't he always say that though....I'm gonna :bonk: him.

Yep, he does. I guess it's time for them to let him back in the wild. He's no better than the weather man. lol

Sonny, where in Cali are you?

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
It's freezing here to and per that darn groundhog, we will have 6 more weeks of winter. Ugh!

I forget whether it was in CT or NY - but I heard a story on the radio that the groundhog bit the governor - Good for him, serves them right for trying to pull him outta his hole!

I heard about that to. I was cracking up.

Edited by *SunRay*

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Filed: Timeline

Okay...AIR JAMAICA is having a great sale, I just book 6 tickets for family members each were $265.04 Baltimore to Mobay, I'm not sure about the other cities, but check it out. You can't beat that. Some were $89 one-way/$178 r/t, plus taxes.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Okay...AIR JAMAICA is having a great sale, I just book 6 tickets for family members each were $265.04 Baltimore to Mobay, I'm not sure about the other cities, but check it out. You can't beat that. Some were $89 one-way/$178 r/t, plus taxes.

Yes, their prices are great right now - I paid $186RT from NYC (including tax)

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
We'll ship some snow to you Sonny. I have plenty in my yard - one more good snow storm and I'm gonna be shoveling my windows out so I can see when it's daytime.

Scary stuff for you guys with the fires you have there.

:no: No thank you... Mi nuh like de snow..

Too cold for me :whistle:

As for the fires.. We do get more than our fair share of them.

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline

Yep, he does. I guess it's time for them to let him back in the wild. He's no better than the weather man. lol

Sonny, where in Cali are you?

I'm in Sacramento

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

01-06-2012-Case Number

02-21-2012-Medical

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

I want to go home :crying: I'm so home SICK :crying: it's COLD AND WINDY :crying:

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
I want to go home :crying: I'm so home SICK :crying: it's COLD AND WINDY :crying:

:((L)

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

:((L)

and I miss my grannie too :crying:

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

(((((((Lawny))))))

I hope you feel better soon (F)

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

01-06-2012-Case Number

02-21-2012-Medical

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline
wow wakey..

i am a bit liberal when it comes to the "going out" issue, but I do agree that he should try to limit his time away from u, .. u guys are still learning each other and u have went thru so long apart, u want to be w/ him alot

2 times a mnth may be too strict tho cuz he is also trying to carve out his own niche and enjoy things , not separate from u but alongside u.. u guys will come up w/ an acceptable schedule (MINE would be maybe 4 times a mnth, but that is for me and MY house)

i agree w/ him that going out is just filling a void right now.. maybe there are some other things he can get into in the daytime so that he wont be so eager to get out at night..

COMPROMISE ( and YOU have said this b4) is what it sounds like u need, he has to realize that u are not trying to run him, but there is a such thing as BALANCE and he can't let boredom get him caught up in behavior that will cause a wedge between u guys..

and u wanna also realize that there are things about him that u may not like or understand, but u can't change.. and u can't try to make him see the bad in it, only thing u can do is try to encourage him to see how those behaviors makes u feel and encourage him to try to create that BALANCE.. my two cents

You know once I typed it ..2 times per month it does sound like I'm putting a collar and leash on him :) I never want to do that. I just think I need to find my own stuff outside of work to do with friends again. When he was in Ja I would rush home to get on our nightly phone call and I guess I let alot of my friendships slip and haven't found a way to get back in them. Plus I've changed how I think on many things like how I want to hang out now..So I guess I should communicate that with my friends and start there.

I was catching up, and came across this topic, and I find what you ladies are saying very interesting.... I thought the same way you ladies did when I was awaiting for my husband to come here... Understand something, that I sure didn't, you can not for one predict the future of how things will or will not be... I thought I had it all figured out, and how beautiful everything was going to be..... Nothing like it at all... If you are not familar , meaning very familar with everyday life in Jamiaca and how things go, it vearys very much from our ways here in the states...

The staying out with friends to whenever , you have to nip it in the bud, if you feel it is unacceptable, then it is.... It takes time for the spouse to understand, and maybe he or she never will..... I think it is only fair, yes have your own friends, but the pupose of being married and not having all that dating time before you got married puts a strain on teh marriage... Once you get married, it is different, and you can say it is not but it is.... My husband is 5 yrs younger than me and been here 3 yrs, and he is still adjusting to OUR ways as we were brought up.....

lawny...what dates? I only found one in April for $391.

you have to play around with the dates, my parents are going 4/2-4/27 then I booked them again in June for the same price...you have to travel before June 24th. I wish they would extend it my son gets out of school 6/16, so I'm going to have to change my travel plans :angry: -- if he was not in school, I'd be on a flight next week. The lowest fare I've ever paid from Baltimore was $218 back in 2002.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

WOW!!! I have never seen it that cheap.....Way to go! I did get an email bout the sale but I didn't pay attention cuz I'm don't have plans to go back again this year.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
I was catching up, and came across this topic, and I find what you ladies are saying very interesting.... I thought the same way you ladies did when I was awaiting for my husband to come here... Understand something, that I sure didn't, you can not for one predict the future of how things will or will not be... I thought I had it all figured out, and how beautiful everything was going to be..... Nothing like it at all... If you are not familar , meaning very familar with everyday life in Jamiaca and how things go, it vearys very much from our ways here in the states...

The staying out with friends to whenever , you have to nip it in the bud, if you feel it is unacceptable, then it is.... It takes time for the spouse to understand, and maybe he or she never will..... I think it is only fair, yes have your own friends, but the pupose of being married and not having all that dating time before you got married puts a strain on teh marriage... Once you get married, it is different, and you can say it is not but it is.... My husband is 5 yrs younger than me and been here 3 yrs, and he is still adjusting to OUR ways as we were brought up.....

I disagree with this statement - While I think there is definitely some adjusting to OUR ways - because after all, he will be living in the US - different rules, different ballgame - I think that you have to combine both of the ways that you grew up to find a workable solution that fits your lifestyle as a couple - I would never expect him to totally adjust to our ways.

WOW!!! I have never seen it that cheap.....Way to go! I did get an email bout the sale but I didn't pay attention cuz I'm don't have plans to go back again this year.

I don't know if it was a fluke or what happened - I couldn't sleep and was up at like 4 am on a Sunday - I have a travelocity fare watch set up, and it sent me an email about flights on Delta - Which were good rates, but not as good as that - I almost booked, but decided to browse through Air JA and see what they had - When I saw that rate I clicked to book it so fast before it went away, lol!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.