Yardies at home and Farrin (part12)

5,606 posts in this topic

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Love i can honestly say alot of it i just let slide, i like my job and my clients, its my coworkers i cant stand and trust me at least once a year every year for the past 5 years i start looking for another job and then i realize i dont feel like putting in all the effort , dont want to lose seniority, accrued vacation, blah blah blah, so i just deal but i can say the newest comments made about me being a drug mule and my drug dealer man, i was like SERIOUSLY, your gonna start with some more #######... so yeah its getting old and wearing thin.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Love i can honestly say alot of it i just let slide, i like my job and my clients, its my coworkers i cant stand and trust me at least once a year every year for the past 5 years i start looking for another job and then i realize i dont feel like putting in all the effort , dont want to lose seniority, accrued vacation, blah blah blah, so i just deal but i can say the newest comments made about me being a drug mule and my drug dealer man, i was like SERIOUSLY, your gonna start with some more #######... so yeah its getting old and wearing thin.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Wow Honey :blink:

I could not sit back and do nothing... :(

good night ladies

:(

Timeline
So here is another topic to consider.....

Hanging with the fellas...How often do you think a man should hang with his friends after he has left JA?

Wakey/Jgay..if it's a"problem" now maybe it will always be a problem..do not put things on the back burner and find excuses to justify a behavior. U have to teach ur husbands what is acceptable and what is not..u have to be realistic..some behaviors don't go away when they find jobs they sometimes can get worse..they can find other things to occupy their time...

I wish 1 person on here would share her story...

Kimmy and Lawny I hear you... :(:crying:

Ok Ladies... I read this yeaturday and to be truthful, my heart just sank.. I wanted to respond to this post so bad but really didn't have the heart to. I didn't want to bring any doubts or worries to ANYONE here. I decided that maybe I will share my story.. I'll keep it short as possible :blush:

Wakey the tooic you chose last night is one that I know all too well... Lived it everyday for about the last year or so. My husband was one to hang with his friends more than hie did with his wife... As he met friends that where here from JA also he began to hang out, with was ok because we all need some "me time". I was happy for him because I knew it helped him to adjust being that he had someone from home to relate to.

As time went on his hanging out became a problem to our marriage to where there would be arguements which usually ended up with me being vexed to the max, and most time... him still gone anyway... He thought it was ok to hang out with them until 3-330 in the morning on friday and sat pretty much every weekend. Ok to hang out with them pretty much everyday after work. Even on quite a few big Holidays..

He would always say yuh fuss suh much!! Mi nuh do nuting wrong mi come home tuh mi yaad to yuh everynight... So I figured I would try and easy up myself give him a little more room and try not to say much... You know "COMPARMISE". But he never tried to make things any better. He felt he wasn't wrong. My husband was a good provider for me, he gave me any and everything I wanted and then some, all except one thing.. His time. He gave about 80% of his free time to his friends.. The other 20% or less went to me. He felt that he gave me money all the time along with other things and that I shouldn't have a reason to complain.. He didn't understand that I MARRIED him for him and not his money.

Well the end result to this is... I came home from work last month to find him and all his things gone. He moved out.

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline

Hi Everyone.

I just received this email from the embassy

Good morning:

I have good news for you this morning. Mr. Davis’ visa was printed and I personally delivered it to the DHL representative this morning.

Thats great news :dance::dance:

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

01-06-2012-Case Number

02-21-2012-Medical

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Wakey/Jgay..if it's a"problem" now maybe it will always be a problem..do not put things on the back burner and find excuses to justify a behavior. U have to teach ur husbands what is acceptable and what is not..u have to be realistic..some behaviors don't go away when they find jobs they sometimes can get worse..they can find other things to occupy their time...

I totally agree and believe me I'm addressing. I wanted to know from a woman's perspective how much time was a fair compromise. Thanks again for the great advice.

Who you mean should share?? I'm lost on that one.

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Timeline

Jawi I know I'm late but you and your family will be in my prayers... (L)(F)

Edited by Sonshyne

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

01-06-2012-Case Number

02-21-2012-Medical

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline
Hi Everyone.

I just received this email from the embassy

Good morning:

I have good news for you this morning. Mr. Davis’ visa was printed and I personally delivered it to the DHL representative this morning.

Thats great news :dance::dance:

congratulations!!! :dance:

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Timeline
Who you mean should share?? I'm lost on that one.

:whistle::whistle::(

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

01-06-2012-Case Number

02-21-2012-Medical

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline
thank u Sonny..ur a very brave soul..Wakey scroll up or down..ur welcome anytime..

You called me out... :blush:

That topic had my name all over it. Just couldn't bring myself to respond although it needed to be done :thumbs:

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

01-06-2012-Case Number

02-21-2012-Medical

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline
So here is another topic to consider.....

Hanging with the fellas...How often do you think a man should hang with his friends after he has left JA?

Kimmy and Lawny I hear you... :(:crying:

Ok Ladies... I read this yeaturday and to be truthful, my heart just sank.. I wanted to respond to this post so bad but really didn't have the heart to. I didn't want to bring any doubts or worries to ANYONE here. I decided that maybe I will share my story.. I'll keep it short as possible :blush:

Wakey the tooic you chose last night is one that I know all too well... Lived it everyday for about the last year or so. My husband was one to hang with his friends more than hie did with his wife... As he met friends that where here from JA also he began to hang out, with was ok because we all need some "me time". I was happy for him because I knew it helped him to adjust being that he had someone from home to relate to.

As time went on his hanging out became a problem to our marriage to where there would be arguements which usually ended up with me being vexed to the max, and most time... him still gone anyway... He thought it was ok to hang out with them until 3-330 in the morning on friday and sat pretty much every weekend. Ok to hang out with them pretty much everyday after work. Even on quite a few big Holidays..

He would always say yuh fuss suh much!! Mi nuh do nuting wrong mi come home tuh mi yaad to yuh everynight... So I figured I would try and easy up myself give him a little more room and try not to say much... You know "COMPARMISE". But he never tried to make things any better. He felt he wasn't wrong. My husband was a good provider for me, he gave me any and everything I wanted and then some, all except one thing.. His time. He gave about 80% of his free time to his friends.. The other 20% or less went to me. He felt that he gave me money all the time along with other things and that I shouldn't have a reason to complain.. He didn't understand that I MARRIED him for him and not his money.

Well the end result to this is... I came home from work last month to find him and all his things gone. He moved out.

WHAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTT????!!!! OMG I'm so sorry to hear this.

In all honesty, I don't know what direction I will take if we don't come to an agreement about it. Never thought it would be an issue but it is. When we started talking about 2 times per month he said I wasn't being fair..and now he believes 2 times per week is a fair compromise. He gets home about 1130 if during the week but on the weekend we fight over 2 - 4 am. He is always reminding me that when he was in JA and I would come for vacation I hung out to the sun came up with him. He says why is it different because you aren't on vacation? He says that was my life and you accepted it and now you don't.

I only pray we can work it out for us but believe me my head is not in the sand..

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
thank u Sonny..ur a very brave soul..Wakey scroll up or down..ur welcome anytime..

You called me out... :blush:

That topic had my name all over it. Just couldn't bring myself to respond although it needed to be done :thumbs:

Thanks for sharing Sonshyne. I'm so sorry that happened. Unfortunately, it happens all the time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.