SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and Farrin (part12)

5,606 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
She is 7 and I have been taking her since she was 1 1/2. She doesn't really care for any of the food so most of the time we are getting her Burger King or KFC....ICK!!!!

I feel this! My kids ask all the time when can they go to JA with me, but I tell them that they would starve cuz they don't like the food and I'm not eating Burger King and KFC the whole time. I made beef stew a couple weeks ago and both my kids refused to eat it. My son took one bite and said "Mom, I'm tired of eating Jamaican food." :blink: I said beef stew is as American as apple pie!! :bonk:

:rofl: :rofl:thats my oldest!! our kids are mirror images of each other iw..i remember u saying ur youngest is attached to u at the waist..

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Wakey - great questions and lots of good advice.

My issue is the opposite...hubby rarely leaves the house without me. I move...he moves. In 4 years, he has met lots of friends but won't accept any invitations. I always encourage him to go out. The only true friend he had moved to NY two years ago. He finally met two guys recently who he likes to hang out but I still have to push him outta the door. I have to plan "play dates" sometimes to keep my sanity. Hopefully, he'll go hang with the fellas more.

Sounds crazy :wacko:

this is what i am afraid of :unsure: .. dang shemmy.. i am getting scared with all these similarites :blink: .. u work for the gubment too right?? which agency..

Yes, for State Department...foreign policy.

It's weird because Damien is very outgoing and have lots of friends. Everything we go to the grocery store or to the mall....he sees someone he knows. He has more friends than I do :blink:

I try not to complain cuz it could be worse.....he could never be home and run the streets. But I need a break sometimes. I just keep him busy. The National Auto show is this weekend...I asked him to invite his friends...we'll see what happens.

Timeline
She is 7 and I have been taking her since she was 1 1/2. She doesn't really care for any of the food so most of the time we are getting her Burger King or KFC....ICK!!!!

I feel this! My kids ask all the time when can they go to JA with me, but I tell them that they would starve cuz they don't like the food and I'm not eating Burger King and KFC the whole time. I made beef stew a couple weeks ago and both my kids refused to eat it. My son took one bite and said "Mom, I'm tired of eating Jamaican food." :blink: I said beef stew is as American as apple pie!! :bonk:

:rofl: :rofl:thats my oldest!! our kids are mirror images of each other iw..i remember u saying ur youngest is attached to u at the waist..

YES!!! She will be 7 tomorrow but still loves to be babied. Ryan will give her a poke and tell her to cut it out cuz she don't act like that a Daddy's!!

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline

It's weird because Damien is very outgoing and have lots of friends. Everything we go to the grocery store or to the mall....he sees someone he knows. He has more friends than I do :blink:

I try not to complain cuz it could be worse.....he could never be home and run the streets. But I need a break sometimes. I just keep him busy. The National Auto show is this weekend...I asked him to invite his friends...we'll see what happens.

ok.. RG is reserved, he has friends but is kind of a homebody. he'd much rather chill and drink some guiness than get out.. i am always asking him "whats going on today or this weekend" knowing the answer will be NOTHING MUCH :hehe: and he is okay w/ that...BUT

i don't like to be at home, i guess from nothing but staying at home the first part of my life..if he has his own thing going on, i dont think he will resent that i do too..

Timeline

crossing my fingers for u shemmy.. i hope the auto show idea works.. does he drive??

If he doesn't like to accept invites, maybe like sus said, he can start doing the inviting..

some people just would rather be at their own house I guess..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Morning ladies,

Sorry for ur lost Jawi.....

AOS question.. Was he suppose to get a vaccination worksheet when he did the medical?

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

Timeline
:YES!!! She will be 7 tomorrow but still loves to be babied. Ryan will give her a poke and tell her to cut it out cuz she don't act like that a Daddy's!!

awww.. happy birthday to lil miss :dance: .. mine turned 7 in nov! and yep Steph gets on Taylor's nerves w/ the baby act.. but sometimes Taylor does it too, wants to lay in my lap while we watch a movie lol..

like u have said tho..we have to do it.. they don't get NONE of that at daddy's LOL how often do the go w/ their dad if I may ask??

Timeline
crossing my fingers for u shemmy.. i hope the auto show idea works.. does he drive??

If he doesn't like to accept invites, maybe like sus said, he can start doing the inviting..

some people just would rather be at their own house I guess..

I hope. That seems like something he should enjoy with his boys than me. I don't mind going but still...

Yes, he drives..we have two cars plus he knows how to get around by car and subway.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks Quana,

Dang why everyone want to do a credit check!!! shoot... i cant work on my credit till someone gives me enough money to pay these bills, pay my 400.00 heat bill and feed my ever hungry kids....

ANyway, im gonna apply and pray on it, cause i know god makes a way and if its meant to be, it will be.

Oh yeah Quana, i saw your a sunday school teacher... COOL( : thumbs:) do you have a young class, or do you deal with the older folks?

I am on the praise dance team at my church,with my stiff self....LOL

ok done rambling, back later

Oh sorry for being rude...HEY 1luv!!!

Wakey - great questions and lots of good advice.

My issue is the opposite...hubby rarely leaves the house without me. I move...he moves. In 4 years, he has met lots of friends but won't accept any invitations. I always encourage him to go out. The only true friend he had moved to NY two years ago. He finally met two guys recently who he likes to hang out but I still have to push him outta the door. I have to plan "play dates" sometimes to keep my sanity. Hopefully, he'll go hang with the fellas more.

Sounds crazy :wacko:

this is what i am afraid of :unsure: .. dang shemmy.. i am getting scared with all these similarites :blink: .. u work for the gubment too right?? which agency..

Shemmy!! where is the show?

Timeline
Hey KK..I was thinking maybe we can all go as a group. Let me know.

http://www.washingtonautoshow.com/

Ryan's in class right now...I'll tell him about it...we are car fanatics!!!

Okay. I asked SunRay already.

Lawny, are you interested?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning/afternoon!!

Well 13 days left til the interview...

:clock:

Hope ya'll have a good day!

06/15/07 Arrive to Jamaica for our wedding

06/20/07 Wedding in Jamaica

07/06/07 Back to US... left my hubby... sad, sad day

07/28/07 Sent I-130

09/07/07 Noa 1

12/17/07 Left for Jamaica for the holidays

01/04/08 Back to USA... man I miss my hubby!! I really enjoyed spending the holidays w/ him...

02/07/08 I-130 approved... another step closer...

03/03/08 Received DS-3032 & I-864 Bill

03/13/08 Sent I-864 fee

03/27/08 Emailed the DS 3032 (hubby never received in mail)

04/02/08 Received notice from NVC that DS 3032 approved... I should be getting something soon, I HOPE

04/07/08 IV fee bill generated

04/14/08 Received I-864 Affidavit of Support... can't wait til this is OVER!!

04/16/08 Mailed off the AOS...

04/23/08 Received the Visa fee bill

05/09/08 Received DS230 letter, will mail this along w/ visa fee soon...

06/11/08 Went to visit my baby...

06/20/08 Celebrated our 1 year Anniversary!!!

06/25/08 Left my hubby... again... HOPEFULLY, this will be the L-A-S-T time!!!

07/23/08 SENT OFF VISA FEE TODAY!! I AM SO EXCITED..HENCE THE ALL CAPS, LOL

10/14/08 Case complete!! Waiting for the interview date.... HURRY PLEASE!!!

01/06/09 Interview date: February 17 @ 7:30AM!!!!!!!

02/03/09 Hubby's dr's appt. (All went well)

02/17/09 Interview day... APPROVED! He should receive his Visa the first week in March.

02/24/09 My bday!! AND hubby was called to pick up his visa!!!! GREAT BDAY GIFT!!

03/27/09 My hubby surprised me at my job!!! Can not believe he's finally here!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.