SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and Farrin (part12)

5,606 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Well, it's official, Gov. Schwarzenegger has gotten court approval to furlough state workers. Starting next month for the next 18 months I'll be making 10% smaller salary. I already struggle to get ahead or at least break even around here and that $300 is going to hurt. The cost of living here is just outrageous and 'fringe' workers like me can barely afford to live where they work. This year is really going to suck! If it wasn't for my honey, life would be pretty dismal. :crying:

Edited by Ellsinlove

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

IW.. the place really does have bed bugs...LOL

ELLS, dont feel bad, i seem to be having one of my annual life sucks moments, every year im burned out and upset about my job but then i remember i am one of the few still fortunate to have a job in a dismal economy. One of my coworkers today said how do you afford to keep going to Jamaica and then the other a-hole i work with said her boyfriend is a jamaican druglord who sends her money...( gotta love dumb f-cks!) anyway i said i cant but some people choose to spend there money differently, i said when we got our last bonus you went and bought a 200 dollar camera, i took that money and put it on a plane ticket and then bought a 5.99 disposable camera at the drugstore, you spend money on the things that are important to you.. she said but i have no kids, a car note and a roommate, and you have 2 kids a house and a car note, and yet i never have any extra money....( shrugging shoulders)

Timeline
Well, it's official, Gov. Schwarzenegger has gotten court approval to furlough state workers. Starting next month for the next 18 months I'll be making 10% smaller salary. I already struggle to get ahead or at least break even around here and that $300 is going to hurt. The cost of living here is just outrageous and 'fringe' workers like me can barely afford to live where they work. This year is really going to suck! If it wasn't for my honey, life would be pretty dismal. :crying:

that stinks!

move :thumbs:

IW.. the place really does have bed bugs...LOL

ELLS, dont feel bad, i seem to be having one of my annual life sucks moments, every year im burned out and upset about my job but then i remember i am one of the few still fortunate to have a job in a dismal economy. One of my coworkers today said how do you afford to keep going to Jamaica and then the other a-hole i work with said her boyfriend is a jamaican druglord who sends her money...( gotta love dumb f-cks!) anyway i said i cant but some people choose to spend there money differently, i said when we got our last bonus you went and bought a 200 dollar camera, i took that money and put it on a plane ticket and then bought a 5.99 disposable camera at the drugstore, you spend money on the things that are important to you.. she said but i have no kids, a car note and a roommate, and you have 2 kids a house and a car note, and yet i never have any extra money....( shrugging shoulders)

how about "MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS"

haha

Edited by shrewdgal

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Timeline

Shrewdie, i swear seems as if sometimes they( co workers) go out of there way to say dumb Ish to me, and it is all i can do to not cuss one of them and get fired...LOL

then the super dumb one gonna say, Im a drug mule for my boyfriend that is how i continue to afford it...:blink:

if you guys remember he was the one who threw something at me last year and i was so mad i was seeing red. I just learn to ignore him cause he gives a whole new meaning to the word Ignorant

Timeline
Good observation ELLS, i saw that movie but never noticed it.. that is the older movie with Robin Williams??? and i think his wife committed suicide or something?? i might have to rewatch it???

Jamerican is an aesthician (sp?)?

Yes I am....and nail tech...starting school in april for Massage Therapy.... Can't figure out what I want to be when I grow up!!!! :blink:

Visa Journey

Service Center :

Consulate : Jamaica

03-13-2009 : Married

10-16-2009: I-130 Sent to Chicago

10-18-2009: I-130 Delivered

10-23-2009: Cashed check

10-23-2009: NOA1

10-27-2009: Touched

02-08-2010: NOA2!! APPROVED!! email/text received

02-13-2010: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC JOURNEY

02-12-2010: NVC Case # assigned

02-15-2010: email address given to NVC operator

02-22-2010: AOS/DS3032 email received by NVC

02-22-2010: AOS $70 bill paid

02-22-2010: DS3032 Hardcopy Fedx

02-23-2010: DS3032 received signed for by K.STLAURENT

03-04-2010: DS3032 accepted and system updated

03-04-2010: paid IV bill

took a long time to send in ppwk due to husband's birth certificate delay :(

got birth certificate FINALLY!!!

didn't keep good records...sent in the ppwk and got a RFE for copy of passport

06-24-2010: NVC received the form I forgot to send ...oops

08-02-2010: still waiting on a case complete.....ughhhhh

08-10-2010: 2nd RFE for an updated police record-although the one we have was dated 4 months ago......ughhhhhhh

09-01-2010: NVC received checklist letter with a new police report..

09-23-2010: case complete FINALLY

11-12-2010: Interview-blue slip, need of a co-sponsor & petitioner at interview

12-07-2010: Petitioner interview w/co-sponsor paperwork

Timeline
Who says I wouldn't want them there, Sus????????? :devil:

It's one thing to have them there - It's another to create one yourself and then try to explain how it arrived :whistle:

Ha ha......no comment! :innocent:

My friend just e-mailed me to tell me how her husband got so drunk last night, when he got into bed, he didn't realize the dog was between them, and kept feeling the poor thing up, thinking it was her.

My whole day has been kind of surreal like that today!

LMAO!!!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Please don't ever let that be my husband!

Maybe she needs a visit to Jamerican for some wax work? :whistle:

SUS....you are crazzzzyyy....but...unfortunatly I have seen it ALL :wacko:

Visa Journey

Service Center :

NVC JOURNEY

08-10-2010: 2nd RFE for an updated police record-although the one we have was dated 4 months ago......ughhhhhhh

Timeline
Hey IW...I was wondering which I-134 did you take with you to the interview? The old one that had to be notarized or the new one that doesn't need to be?

:blink: I took the old one - I didn't know there was a new one. :wacko:

ok gals...I have enjoyed reading about what duties/drama you have at work so here goes my day.....1 pedicure, 2 facials and 2 punanny wax's :wacko: , off to work I go!!!!!!

Enjoy!!! I'm still scared to get a punanny wax.... :unsure:

She is the one giving the waxes... :lol:

I know. I think I'm gonna have to visit her. My best friend owns a salon and she said she would do it for me before my last trip but she said that it would be like raw hamburg for a couple days - NO THANKS!! Now mi scared..

IW..I would suggest not having it done for the 1st time right before a visit or big event mainly because you arent sure how your skin will react and that wouldn't be the time to test the waters!! Majority of people don't...or should I say...shouldnt have problems if being done by someone who knows what they are doing and using good product. Look for a place in your area that uses Nudesse to wax with. It is soy based and warmed to body temperature so #1 is better for the skin and no chance of it being too hot. It always amazes me when people come the day before their wedding for their 1st wax....???

Visa Journey

Service Center :

NVC JOURNEY

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

How about a roommate Ells? I'm sure there is someone out there in your same position.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
IW..I would suggest not having it done for the 1st time right before a visit or big event mainly because you arent sure how your skin will react and that wouldn't be the time to test the waters!! Majority of people don't...or should I say...shouldnt have problems if being done by someone who knows what they are doing and using good product. Look for a place in your area that uses Nudesse to wax with. It is soy based and warmed to body temperature so #1 is better for the skin and no chance of it being too hot. It always amazes me when people come the day before their wedding for their 1st wax....???

Thanks for the tips. :thumbs: I'll go now and then it will be all healed in a month! Actually I have tried the at home kits and other than a little tender that day I don't have trouble. I DO have trouble ripping it off my own skin though!

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey family!!

What have I missed. Been working like a dog for a couple of weeks I think. I'm losing track of time.

I just wanted to stop in to say hey. Miss you all.

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
good morning ALL

this has been a long week - i need to catch-up

i came to work this morning and the lady that works for me added a new plant to her small desk!

IMG00900.jpg

Howdy Family...been a Crazy week! Jus stoppin in tuh hail onnuh up!

R4L...I LIVE for you photojournal updates!! Please don't change! Do you walk around with a camera around your neck!?

:lol: :lol:...Well, you will have plenty of CO2...thanks to your 'green' cubiclemates!

Take care all!

Bless-ed,

Gill

Edited by Forever Young

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Shrewdie, i swear seems as if sometimes they( co workers) go out of there way to say dumb Ish to me, and it is all i can do to not cuss one of them and get fired...LOL

then the super dumb one gonna say, Im a drug mule for my boyfriend that is how i continue to afford it...:blink:

if you guys remember he was the one who threw something at me last year and i was so mad i was seeing red. I just learn to ignore him cause he gives a whole new meaning to the word Ignorant

What an a$$! IGNORE! :thumbs:

Good observation ELLS, i saw that movie but never noticed it.. that is the older movie with Robin Williams??? and i think his wife committed suicide or something?? i might have to rewatch it???

Jamerican is an aesthician (sp?)?

Yes I am....and nail tech...starting school in april for Massage Therapy.... Can't figure out what I want to be when I grow up!!!! :blink:

Me either! I think many of us are in that position so don't feel too bad. At least it sounds like you do something you mostly enjoy right now.

How about a roommate Ells? I'm sure there is someone out there in your same position.

I live in a jr. 1 bedroom so the only roommate I anticipate in the future is my honey. I haven't had much luck with roommate situations here in SF...there are a lot of freaky & dysfunctional folks you have to wade through to find a decent person to be housemates with. Granted, I know I have my flaws but at least I clean up after myself and take the trash out. I've just had too many less than stellar experiences to be willing to move into a roommate situation again. I can make rent alright but I'm gonna have to cut back other places. Maybe I can save on water if I don't shower every day! :blink: LOL! :lol:

Timeline

good idea :yes:

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.