SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and Farrin (part12)

5,606 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Sus, a friend of my broke two of her fingers dancing with Lexxus one night at Setting night club in Maryland (don't ask)...she let him turn her into a helicopter...

Spragga was the one who turned this girl into a helicopter - Lexxus is DJ's cousin

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Sus, where is the girl who popped out????????????

LOL - She wasn't in any of the pics I found - These are from the radio station that put the show on, so they had to keep it clean -

Yes, Lawny, that's Lexxus with the Mohawk

I just got an email from a friend whose fiance had a 2nd interview today - his son's passport didn't arrive in time for the first - they got tentatively approved, pending a DNA test.

LOL - Look at the 2nd to last picture - It was the girl in the brown dress who is standing to the side of the stage.

That's a shocker to me. I told Marcel when he goes back to Jamaica none of his friends will be there. I think that's number 6 or 7 since he left.

Sunny are you home today?

Sus is that Lexxus?

:rofl::bonk::bonk:

Sus, where is that? Looks like my SIL.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Timeline

LOL - She wasn't in any of the pics I found - These are from the radio station that put the show on, so they had to keep it clean -

I just got an email from a friend whose fiance had a 2nd interview today - his son's passport didn't arrive in time for the first - they got tentatively approved, pending a DNA test.

Sus, a friend of my broke two of her fingers dancing with Lexxus one night at Setting night club in Maryland (don't ask)...she let him turn her into a helicopter...

DAMN I WOULD OF BEEN PISSED

MY HAPPINESS IS SOLELY UP TO ME AND

LIFE IS ALL ABOUT CHOICES, U DONT HAVE TO REMAIN IN UR CURRENT SITUATION IF U DON'T CHOSE TO BE!!!!!!!!!

***SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO FORGET HOW YOU FEEL AND REMEMBER WHAT YOU DESERVE***

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Ells, believe me it's not a good feeling. At first I was hurt and this has been going on for a very long time. This is nothing new. At Jamaica Grande we were accused of buying the wrist bands after we left the resort to drop some things at my dad's house. We waited 3 hours in the lobby for a room while other people for some reason or another was getting room assignments, I literally lost it. We were there for my cousin's wedding, she was getting married at Sandals, so most of us stayed at Jamaica Grande since it was close by. We were not offered anything to eat or drink. When one of us went to the bar to ask for water he was barked at my security who was sitting there watching us. Not all the properties are like this. Like Sunset Mobay was happy to have Jamaicans in the house. Grand Lido, Braco, Hedo we had not problems...had issues at Holiday Inn Mobay a few times.

That is total bull$hit! I wonder what it's gonna take for those old attitudes to change. Will it be enough non-Jamaicans witnessing the behavior and complaining or something else? If we experience anything like what we have on my past trips this time, the gloves are coming off! I vow to speak my mind and tell people what they are doing to their own businesses and how much money they just lost!

LOL! That's what I wanted to see too!

Nelly her fingers looked so damn nasty, we had to leave and go straight to the ER...she had to have them pinned. When he was spinning her her fingers hit the railings. He was spinning her so damn fast that his behind even got dizzy.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Ells, I have noticed an attitude like that at some places, depending on where we were - Ricks was one of the WORST - my friends and I were up there with friends - we had eaten dinner (waste of money) and the guys were over looking off the cliff and dancing to the band - this tourist couple kept talking to them - I saw the manager walk over to my friends, and he started ripping into them about hustling the tourists and threatened to toss them out - I walked over and went off - because they were paying customers, and the couple was seeking them out, not visa versa -

I have had minor issues being with DJ - most of them were related to the woman handing me the check - which I just laugh and pointedly hand it to him so that she sees it - And we had an issue at RDMB going back into the property one night - the security called the front desk to verify that we were both guests, and then I had to flip bc he had not opened the gate for our taxi driver.

Yeah, there are a handful of places where I won't eat at, patron or recommend any longer. Not only cause the food was bad but because the service was awful. Let's see, so far we have, Chances (they call THAT pizza???), Jamaica Tamboo (they call that pizza too???), Best in the West, Milk River Bath (baths were great, restaurant host was an a$$).....and counting.

The places we have been treated nicely have been, Kuyaba, Sweet Spice, Love Boat, De Bar & Grill, we're neutral on Rick's since they haven't harassed any of my company, and the Rock House. To me the cliff properties seem (so far) to treat my guests better than most of (exception of Kuyaba) the places on the beach.

Apparently, Jamaican dollars (that they spend) are worth less than tourist dollars with some of these places even though it has the same monetary value. Interesting.... :angry::ranting:

Aw, I really like Best in the West.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Nelly her fingers looked so damn nasty, we had to leave and go straight to the ER...she had to have them pinned. When he was spinning her her fingers hit the railings. He was spinning her so damn fast that his behind even got dizzy.

:rofl::rofl: LAUGHING AT HIM SPINNING BUT HE WOULD HAVE TO PAY FOR BREAKING MY FINGERS

MY HAPPINESS IS SOLELY UP TO ME AND

LIFE IS ALL ABOUT CHOICES, U DONT HAVE TO REMAIN IN UR CURRENT SITUATION IF U DON'T CHOSE TO BE!!!!!!!!!

***SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO FORGET HOW YOU FEEL AND REMEMBER WHAT YOU DESERVE***

Timeline
so will the fiance get to bring his son when he comes sus???

Yes, they have all the signed consents - he's got full custody - the little boy is so so beautiful - he has shoulder length dreads, and he already calls her Momma - he's such a cutie

Sus, where is that? Looks like my SIL.

It's in New Haven, CT - But if she's in NY it could have been - there were alot of NY people in the house.

Well, ladies I am leaving work - Talk to you all in a while -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

I was ready to like them....heard a lot of good things. But the treatment we received was so bad I'll never get the chance to find out how good the food is.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Ells, believe me it's not a good feeling. At first I was hurt and this has been going on for a very long time. This is nothing new. At Jamaica Grande we were accused of buying the wrist bands after we left the resort to drop some things at my dad's house. We waited 3 hours in the lobby for a room while other people for some reason or another was getting room assignments, I literally lost it. We were there for my cousin's wedding, she was getting married at Sandals, so most of us stayed at Jamaica Grande since it was close by. We were not offered anything to eat or drink. When one of us went to the bar to ask for water he was barked at my security who was sitting there watching us. Not all the properties are like this. Like Sunset Mobay was happy to have Jamaicans in the house. Grand Lido, Braco, Hedo we had not problems...had issues at Holiday Inn Mobay a few times.

That is total bull$hit! I wonder what it's gonna take for those old attitudes to change. Will it be enough non-Jamaicans witnessing the behavior and complaining or something else? If we experience anything like what we have on my past trips this time, the gloves are coming off! I vow to speak my mind and tell people what they are doing to their own businesses and how much money they just lost!

Oppression from your own kind is far greater and worse than oppression from others. Jamaica is a very oppressed nation, just like many other nations in the same predicament. Its starts at the government level. Definitly the crab in a bucket mentatlity over there. But its been like that for so long that I dont really see how it can change.

Excuse my manners, hello all!

I was ready to like them....heard a lot of good things. But the treatment we received was so bad I'll never get the chance to find out how good the food is.

Hmm, who was working there? Was it bad treatment cause you were white with a Black man? Thats pretty common there sometimes, more so than a farrin Black woman with a Black jamaican. I notice how some get treated alot when I am down there. Its definitly rude and different from what I get.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Yardies...

Lanwy, Yes I'm home today. It's my day off and I've been in bedwith hubby all day. lol

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline

Oppression from your own kind is far greater and worse than oppression from others. Jamaica is a very oppressed nation, just like many other nations in the same predicament. Its starts at the government level. Definitly the crab in a bucket mentatlity over there. But its been like that for so long that I dont really see how it can change.

Excuse my manners, hello all!

Hmm, who was working there? Was it bad treatment cause you were white with a Black man? Thats pretty common there sometimes, more so than a farrin Black woman with a Black jamaican. I notice how some get treated alot when I am down there. Its definitly rude and different from what I get.

I totally agree with your statement about oppression. As long as this continues, EVERYONE will be held back from achieving the best things possible for the nation.

Some lady was working there and it very well could've been the black/white thing but what pissed me off was how she ignored us and then jumped to action when the white tourist family came up. It was hard to tell just exactly what her issue with us was. Either way, their loss! If we'd tried it and liked it, we definitely could've been repeat customers on that trip and future visits but oh well, not now.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.