SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and Farrin (part12)

5,606 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

HONEY USE TURKEY

Crock Pot Lasagna Recipe

Use this basic recipe and then customize to your liking by adding your favorite Italian ingredients! Experiment with pepperoni, tomatoes, or use Alfredo sauce instead of spaghetti.

by Evan's Mommy

8 servings

5½ hours 20 min prep

1 lb ground beef or turkey, browned and drained

8 lasagna noodles, uncooked

1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce, any flavor

1 teaspoon oregano or italian seasoning

1/3 cup water

1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms (optional)

1 small onion, chopped (optional)

15 ounces ricotta cheese

2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded

Break noodles into pieces and place in bottom of greased crock pot.

Stir seasoning into browned meat and place atop lasagna noodles.

Layer half sauce and water/half mushrooms/half ricotta cheese/half mozzarella cheese over meat.

Repeat layers.

Cover and cook on low for 5 hours.

i use italian sausage and alfredo sauce to make it have a creamy taste. I also used cottage cheese.

I fixed it the night before and then turned it on in the morning. It was better the next day after it set!!

CROCK POT CHICKEN PARMIGIANA

6 whole chicken breast (or 6 halves)

2 eggs

2 tsp salt

1 tsp ground black pepper

1 cup pork rind crumbs

1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese grated

1/2 cup butter or margarine

1 small eggplant, peeled, cut into 3/4-inch slices

1 can (10 1/2oz) low carb pizza sauce

12 slices Mozzarella cheese*

1/4 cup Parmesan cheese to sprinkle on top

Cut whole chicken breasts into halves. In bowl, beat egg, salt, and pepper. Mix pork rind crumbs and Parmesan Cheese into separate bowl for dredging the meat in. Dip chicken into egg then coat with crumbs.*

In large skillet, sauté chicken in butter or margarine. Arrange chicken and eggplant in crock pot with eggplant on bottom. Pour pizza sauce over chicken. Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours. Add Mozzarella cheese 15 minutes before serving. Top with Parmesan cheese

CROCK POT CHICKEN PARMIGIANA

6 whole chicken breast (or 6 halves)

2 eggs

2 tsp salt

1 tsp ground black pepper

1 cup pork rind crumbs

1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese grated

1/2 cup butter or margarine

1 small eggplant, peeled, cut into 3/4-inch slices

1 can (10 1/2oz) low carb pizza sauce

12 slices Mozzarella cheese*

1/4 cup Parmesan cheese to sprinkle on top

Cut whole chicken breasts into halves. In bowl, beat egg, salt, and pepper. Mix pork rind crumbs and Parmesan Cheese into separate bowl for dredging the meat in. Dip chicken into egg then coat with crumbs.*

In large skillet, sauté chicken in butter or margarine. Arrange chicken and eggplant in crock pot with eggplant on bottom. Pour pizza sauce over chicken. Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours. Add Mozzarella cheese 15 minutes before serving. Top with Parmesan cheese

MY HAPPINESS IS SOLELY UP TO ME AND

LIFE IS ALL ABOUT CHOICES, U DONT HAVE TO REMAIN IN UR CURRENT SITUATION IF U DON'T CHOSE TO BE!!!!!!!!!

***SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO FORGET HOW YOU FEEL AND REMEMBER WHAT YOU DESERVE***

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

sounds like a plan roxcie, anyone save the recipe so it can be reposted???

and what is with the carrot drinks? havent tasted that yet, but did have some coconut water, which was good.

Crock Pot Italian Chicken

3 to 4 pound boneless chicken breast

1 can chopped tomatoes

2-1/2 cups water

2 tsp. salt

2 tsp. pepper

2 tsp. garlic powder

4 tsp. Oregano

1 pkg frozen collard greens, or your favorite greens

Place collard greens in crock pot and pour in water. Sprinkle all of the dry ingredients onto the chicken breasts and then place the chicken on top of the greens. Pour tomatoes over chicken. Cook on high or 6 to 8 hours. Sprinkle with parmesan just before serving!

LIFE IS ALL ABOUT CHOICES, U DONT HAVE TO REMAIN IN UR CURRENT SITUATION IF U DON'T CHOSE TO BE!!!!!!!!!

Chicken Fettucine

2 Chicken breasts; halved

2 tb Olive oil

1/4 c Green onions; chopped

1 ts Garlic; minced

14 1/2 oz Canned tomatoes; chopped ( I fixed it Latingirl!)

1 tb Basil

1 c Heavy cream

2 Egg yolks

3/4 c Parmesan cheese

8 oz Fettuccine

1 c Peas (frozen); thawed

1 1/2 c Mushrooms (fresh); sliced

In skillet, brown chicken breasts in olive oil. Place chicken in

crockpot. Add green onions, garlic, tomatoes, and basil. Cover and

cook on Low 7 to 9 hours. Remove chicken and cut into pieces. Return

chicken pieces to pot. Stir in cream, egg yolks, and Parmesan cheese.

Cover and cook on high 30 minutes to thicken. While sauce is

thickening, cook fettucine according to package directions; drain.

Add fettucine, peas and mushrooms. Cover and cook on high 30 to 60

min.

Nelly i made your lasagna before it was GOOODD!!! im about to write down that chicken parm recipe... Thanks :thumbs:

I MADE IT FOR MY BROTHER HE LOVE IT

Crockpot Orange Honey Chicken

6 Chicken breasts

(boneless/skinless -- frozen

1/2 cup Orange juice

1/2 cup Chicken broth

1/4 cup Honey

1 tablespoon Dry mustard

1 tablespoon Teryiaki sauce

1 cup Broccoli florets

1 cup Cauliflower florets

1 cup Carrot "pennies"

Place frozen breasts in crockpot. Mix juice, broth, honey, dry mustard

and teryiaki sauce. Pour over chicken in crock. Cook on low for four

hours. Add vegetables about one hour before serving. Place on TOP of

chicken and do not stir. Cook the additional hour and serve over rice. *

If using non-frozen chicken breasts, you should SUBTRACT at least one

hour from cooking time.

Timeline

Portland did you apply for your tv converter box coupons yet? i got mine in the mail the other day, they are good for $40.00 dollars off the cost of the converter box, they sent me two of them. If you havent applied yet, you can sign up online at DTV.gov i believe. i was in target the other day and saw a box priced 39.99 so technically it would be free with the coupons cause i guess the gov will scramble all the signals starting in Feb on some date not sure of it, and then my antennas i have now wont work anymore.

Nelly you sure your not italian over there??? i love pasta, and anything cream based these sound good. Im gonna write these down too.

Thanks

:rofl::rofl:

GIRL I'M ALWAYS TRYING NEW THINGS, MY DAUGHTER HATE IT CAUSE SHE IS A PICKY EATER SO MY BROTHER IS MY MAIN TESTER

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Portland did you apply for your tv converter box coupons yet? i got mine in the mail the other day, they are good for $40.00 dollars off the cost of the converter box, they sent me two of them. If you havent applied yet, you can sign up online at DTV.gov i believe. i was in target the other day and saw a box priced 39.99 so technically it would be free with the coupons cause i guess the gov will scramble all the signals starting in Feb on some date not sure of it, and then my antennas i have now wont work anymore.

I did apply they said it wouldn't be mailed out until 1/16 but I heard they ran out of money this week, so not sure if I will get mines!

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

Timeline

Today is such a blah day, i was just reading an article in Oprah mag, ( i was really bored) about these two guys who opened a bakery shop and how they both left good jobs to pursue there passion and i wish with all my heart that i was in a financial position to do what i really enjoy, i always say when i reach retirement age that i wanted to open a coffee shop/bookstore where i sold pastry, cause i love to cook and coffee, maybe some local art and all the current magazines. I would have music playing in the background maybe a little chris botti...( sigh)

anyhoo, my mind is always working and i was thinking one thing me and the SO could do if he was game when he gets here and as a way to have extra income and keep him from being bored is to rent space at my local farmers market which runs three days a week and offer up carribbean items. there is a small JA population here, but also a niche i think that could be filled. IF we were able to offer up items like certain seasonings, spices, et cetera and maybe some prepared items, it would be beneficial. Of course i dont think we would be rich behind it but at least it would give us something to do until he could find employment. Ok im done rambling, it was kinda quiet in here so figured i would just chat.

Portland, well if you dont get yours i will mail you one of mine, i can suck up the cost of buying one if need be. I figure as long as the TV in the living room has one, i dont care about my or my kids TV, they can watch movies if need be...LOL

Edited by JaHoney

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Today is such a blah day, i was just reading an article in Oprah mag, ( i was really bored) about these two guys who opened a bakery shop and how they both left good jobs to pursue there passion and i wish with all my heart that i was in a financial position to do what i really enjoy, i always say when i reach retirement age that i wanted to open a coffee shop/bookstore where i sold pastry, cause i love to cook and coffee, maybe some local art and all the current magazines. I would have music playing in the background maybe a little chris botti...( sigh)

anyhoo, my mind is always working and i was thinking one thing me and the SO could do if he was game when he gets here and as a way to have extra income and keep him from being bored is to rent space at my local farmers market which runs three days a week and offer up carribbean items. there is a small JA population here, but also a niche i think that could be filled. IF we were able to offer up items like certain seasonings, spices, et cetera and maybe some prepared items, it would be beneficial. Of course i dont think we would be rich behind it but at least it would give us something to do until he could find employment. Ok im done rambling, it was kinda quiet in here so figured i would just chat.

Portland, well if you dont get yours i will mail you one of mine, i can suck up the cost of buying one if need be. I figure as long as the TV in the living room has one, i dont care about my or my kids TV, they can watch movies if need be...LOL

Honey, that is an EXCELLENT idea about the farmer's market. Where/how would you get hold of the Jamaican items though?

I keep trying to figure out how to get something going with Cocomania distribution over here! Can't get it anywhere and I know it would be HOT! Cause that weak Captain Morgan and Malibu rum stuff just doesn't cut it!

Great receipes :thumbs:

Hubby is picking up daughter so back to couch...I'm so lazy today.

SJB HOW OLD IS YOUR DAUGHTER

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Great receipes :thumbs:

Hubby is picking up daughter so back to couch...I'm so lazy today.

SJB HOW OLD IS YOUR DAUGHTER

16. Damien think she's a baby but it so very cold outside. I drove her around all morning.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.