alb2009

January '09 I-129 filers at CSC

593 posts in this topic

By the way, Nik is on his way (in flight Atlanta -> Phoenix RIGHT NOW!) to see me. They let him in...with some hassle!! We will work on a post in the visit while K1 is in process thread later tonight.

I'm just thrilled....

But I won't be around too much to discuss Igor's list with you guys until mid March!!

Congratulations! Enjoy the time with your fiance! I have one month to go until I fly to see my fiance! I hope they don't give me any hassle at customs...I go through U.S. preclearance in Canada so at least if I am denied I am still in Canada! I can't wait to do some scouting out vendors while I am down for 2 weeks!

See you in Mid March!!

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, Nik is on his way (in flight Atlanta -> Phoenix RIGHT NOW!) to see me. They let him in...with some hassle!! We will work on a post in the visit while K1 is in process thread later tonight.

I'm just thrilled....

But I won't be around too much to discuss Igor's list with you guys until mid March!!

Congratulations! Enjoy the time with your fiance! I have one month to go until I fly to see my fiance! I hope they don't give me any hassle at customs...I go through U.S. preclearance in Canada so at least if I am denied I am still in Canada! I can't wait to do some scouting out vendors while I am down for 2 weeks!

See you in Mid March!!

Both of you have fun! Hopefully when you both get back, we will all be a lot closer to being with our fiances for real! I don't think I will be getting over to England again unfortunately, but I may try and go for the interview and to fly back with him, if I haven't found a job by then.

So no one is in here but me right now and I got bored, so I figured something out. Recently, CSC has been approving Nov. filers, and about 10 a week. I checked, and the November people who just got approved were around 40 on the old Igor's list. Today, I am 141, so 100 more people to go. If they keep doing 10 people a week, we will all be out of here in May :) Not June or July like my horrible timeline says.

...that said, I am sooo happy for all the 6 month + approvals!

So no one is in here but me right now and I got bored, so I figured something out. Recently, CSC has been approving Nov. filers, and about 10 a week. I checked, and the November people who just got approved were around 40 on the old Igor's list. Today, I am 141, so 100 more people to go. If they keep doing 10 people a week, we will all be out of here in May :) Not June or July like my horrible timeline says.

Me too! I am disregarding what the timeline says! On the new list I am at 232 or something like that the old one goes by date sent and mine was december 20th...my NOA1 wasn't dated until January 14th.

Side note: Just went bridal dress shopping...finished all the dress shops in the city...so overwhelming! Found a few nice dresses but not sure if they are the "one." I can't wait to go the Davids Bridal!!

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

ROC

y7nv8l5t.png

Me too! I am disregarding what the timeline says! On the new list I am at 232 or something like that the old one goes by date sent and mine was december 20th...my NOA1 wasn't dated until January 14th.

Side note: Just went bridal dress shopping...finished all the dress shops in the city...so overwhelming! Found a few nice dresses but not sure if they are the "one." I can't wait to go the Davids Bridal!!

I bought my dress awhile ago already lol. Getting ready to have it fitted...its going to need major alterations. I got mine at House of Brides, but thats only in the Chicago area. A very nice store! Personally I was not impressed with David's Bridal, but I did end up getting the bridesmaid dresses from there.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I bought my dress awhile ago already lol. Getting ready to have it fitted...its going to need major alterations. I got mine at House of Brides, but thats only in the Chicago area. A very nice store! Personally I was not impressed with David's Bridal, but I did end up getting the bridesmaid dresses from there.

Oh dear, I have to admit, I may have purchased a gown last week. It was too beautiful to pass up, and by my favorite designer. It's not even a wedding dress-- just a goregeous gown.

On a more serious note, has anyone else had their file "touched" since 1-23?? Is this normal to not have it reviewed since then??

1/14 sent Form I-129F to the CSC

1/20/09 check cashed

1/23/09 NOA1 notification (via post)

4/22/09 NOA2 notification (via email)

4/27/09 NOA2 notification (via post)

4/26/09 DOT/NVC received petition

4/28/09 DOT/NVC sent petition/package to US Embassy in Sydney (via DHL)

5/04/09 Packet 3 sent from US Consulate in Sydney (sent via email)

5/22/09 Sent Packet 3 to US Consulate in Sydney

6/03/09 Received Checklist for intervew date ("Packet 4") -- interview scheduled for June 23rd!!!

6/23/09 Interview Date (scheduled)

Oh dear, I have to admit, I may have purchased a gown last week. It was too beautiful to pass up, and by my favorite designer. It's not even a wedding dress-- just a goregeous gown.

On a more serious note, has anyone else had their file "touched" since 1-23?? Is this normal to not have it reviewed since then??

Nope I haven't had a touch since the 1/23 one, i think this is normal? I've seen a lot of people say they don't have any touches and then they get approved. Ohh what kinda gown??

Yeah I have heard the same thing about people getting "touched" some don't get any and then all of a sudden approved!

Dress shopping is really not going so well...if I could just cut and past the top half of a dress to another bottom on like every dress I have tried on!! I am hoping I will find something I really like soon! As for the bridesmaid dresses I am a bit worried by the time I get the date it will be too late to order anything! And depending on the date I may or may not have all of my bridesmaids be able to come! Have them order a dress for a wedding that they end up not being able to attend! UGH!!! Maybe a department store might have some selection!

Anyways, December filers are already getting approved! It's progress! I hope the previous months filers get approved as well too! It's not fair and I would not want it to happen to me! See people that filed after me getting approved! Depends on the officer I guess!

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

ROC

y7nv8l5t.png

Yeah I have heard the same thing about people getting "touched" some don't get any and then all of a sudden approved!

Dress shopping is really not going so well...if I could just cut and past the top half of a dress to another bottom on like every dress I have tried on!! I am hoping I will find something I really like soon! As for the bridesmaid dresses I am a bit worried by the time I get the date it will be too late to order anything! And depending on the date I may or may not have all of my bridesmaids be able to come! Have them order a dress for a wedding that they end up not being able to attend! UGH!!! Maybe a department store might have some selection!

Anyways, December filers are already getting approved! It's progress! I hope the previous months filers get approved as well too! It's not fair and I would not want it to happen to me! See people that filed after me getting approved! Depends on the officer I guess!

I felt the same way about dresses! Have you tried looking online? That's what I did, and when I saw the one I wanted, believe me, I knew. I called every single store in the mid-west that carries that designer in order to find the dress. The ONLY one was actually in the town next to where I go to school! And now, it's in my closet :) Are you doing dress shopping in Canada too? or just US? DO you have any sort of idea of what you want? Actually, I think I have heard that there are some designers that WILL mix and match dresses for you?? But I forget which ones those are now...

I had a dream we got our NOA2 haha. Too bad I had to wake up from that! And it was after 40 something days. Even in the dream, I felt like something was wrong about that haha. I also dreamt I'd gotten touched..I guess I should go look haha.

Hmm reading about the dresses makes me a bit nervous. I won't be able to bring my dress from here so I will have to look for one in the US. But I won't be going there until 40 days before the wedding :huh:

Also a bit of information that might be useful for some people in this thread: lots of airlines are cutting their routes, and therefore have cheap deals on one-way flights. I booked my one-way from Dusseldorf to Los Angeles for mid september (this route gets cancelled end of october) for only 344 euros including everything!

Hmm reading about the dresses makes me a bit nervous. I won't be able to bring my dress from here so I will have to look for one in the US. But I won't be going there until 40 days before the wedding :huh:

Why can't you bring it with you?? I know it would be a hassle, but you probably could anyway?? Getting a dress in 40 days here is going to be difficult if you can't just get it off the rack.

Why can't you bring it with you?? I know it would be a hassle, but you probably could anyway?? Getting a dress in 40 days here is going to be difficult if you can't just get it off the rack.

Well the airline I am flying with basically told me that I could bring it, but I would have to check it in and it would cost another extra 150 euros to do so (with the added risk of losing/damaging the dress). Also it would be a lot more expensive to get a dress here, and we don't have that much money to spend.

I just don't really know what to do, I don't know anything about dresses or weddings, it's stressing me out :unsure:

I felt the same way about dresses! Have you tried looking online? That's what I did, and when I saw the one I wanted, believe me, I knew. I called every single store in the mid-west that carries that designer in order to find the dress. The ONLY one was actually in the town next to where I go to school! And now, it's in my closet :) Are you doing dress shopping in Canada too? or just US? DO you have any sort of idea of what you want? Actually, I think I have heard that there are some designers that WILL mix and match dresses for you?? But I forget which ones those are now...

I had a dream we got our NOA2 haha. Too bad I had to wake up from that! And it was after 40 something days. Even in the dream, I felt like something was wrong about that haha. I also dreamt I'd gotten touched..I guess I should go look haha.

I have been shopping in Canada but have not found anything that looks right! At least now that I have been shopping I know what style looks good and what doesn't. I have a few bookmarked that I like, but there is one special dress that I keep coming back to that I cannot order online! I am going to the USA this weekend and really hoping I find that dress! Prices are so much lower in the U.S.

I really want to set a date for the wedding so I can start planning more in depth, but am so SCARED that if I do I won't be approved in time!! Maybe its pessimistic, maybe its glass half empty, but I guess you just never know!

I keep having dreams too, but not about an NOA2! About being pregnant! I probably watch too much TLC! LOL!

Stormbringer:

Davids Bridal online has some nice dresses and I think they ship worldwide.

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

ROC

y7nv8l5t.png

I have been shopping in Canada but have not found anything that looks right! At least now that I have been shopping I know what style looks good and what doesn't. I have a few bookmarked that I like, but there is one special dress that I keep coming back to that I cannot order online! I am going to the USA this weekend and really hoping I find that dress! Prices are so much lower in the U.S.

I really want to set a date for the wedding so I can start planning more in depth, but am so SCARED that if I do I won't be approved in time!! Maybe its pessimistic, maybe its glass half empty, but I guess you just never know!

I keep having dreams too, but not about an NOA2! About being pregnant! I probably watch too much TLC! LOL!

Stormbringer:

Davids Bridal online has some nice dresses and I think they ship worldwide.

If you PM me the dress info, and where ((city/state)) you are going to look, I could call around for you and see if places have it. That's what I had to do. What I found out is that most designers only send a few of each dress to ANY store in America. Or thats atleast what I have heard. Good luck :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Well the airline I am flying with basically told me that I could bring it, but I would have to check it in and it would cost another extra 150 euros to do so (with the added risk of losing/damaging the dress). Also it would be a lot more expensive to get a dress here, and we don't have that much money to spend.

I just don't really know what to do, I don't know anything about dresses or weddings, it's stressing me out :unsure:

I am also waiting till i get to the states to buy my dress. Wedding dresses seem so much cheaper over there so going to be shopping like a mad woman when i arrive until the wedding to find my dress. Im sure it will all work out, just dont get too stressed about it. The thing i am worried about is i have no one to shop with in the states. All my friends are here, and I cant bring my fiancee along, so i have no one help me.

K1 Visa

01/22/09 - NOA 1

05/14/09 - NOA 2

06/30/09 - Interview

09/13/09 - US Entry

AOS

09/22/09 - Married

10/09/09 - Filled for AOS

25/01/10 - Green Card Approved!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.