alb2009

January '09 I-129 filers at CSC

593 posts in this topic

Thanks! I've edited the timeline. It came in regular mail.. our online case status still says last updated january 14.

Amazing, only 61 days :)

lol im clearly a stalker ((only of the timelines, dont worry!!!)), but on the timeline you put it was approved today...do you know what the actual noa2 date was? I am assuming it was earlier if it arrived in mail today? On thursday we will have been enggaged for a year.....it would be the best present I could ask for if it was approved by then. Can I ask what state your fiance is from?? i wanna know if there is a chance mine is coming in the mail still! my online status still says update Jan 23rd.

im SO excited for you, I'm seriously shaking. Granted, its also excitement of the prospect of myself and my fiance being one step closer to done. But to see someone from this thread get approved makes me SO happy!!!!

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol im clearly a stalker ((only of the timelines, dont worry!!!)), but on the timeline you put it was approved today...do you know what the actual noa2 date was? I am assuming it was earlier if it arrived in mail today? On thursday we will have been enggaged for a year.....it would be the best present I could ask for if it was approved by then. Can I ask what state your fiance is from?? i wanna know if there is a chance mine is coming in the mail still! my online status still says update Jan 23rd.

im SO excited for you, I'm seriously shaking. Granted, its also excitement of the prospect of myself and my fiance being one step closer to done. But to see someone from this thread get approved makes me SO happy!!!!

Hm I don't know. I'll ask my fiance when he gets home (his mom called him at work). He's from California, so mail takes not that long from the CSC.

There might be a good chance you are in the same batch as us, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you :)

Hm I don't know. I'll ask my fiance when he gets home (his mom called him at work). He's from California, so mail takes not that long from the CSC.

There might be a good chance you are in the same batch as us, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you :)

I'm trying to not get my hopes up, since chances are it'll still be awhile for us, but its so hard! Keep your timeline updated so the rest of us can be jealous haha.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Its awesome that some Jan filers are getting approved!! Fingers crossed for the rest of us!!!! Im excited!! Congrats Stormbringer!

K1 Visa

01/22/09 - NOA 1

05/14/09 - NOA 2

06/30/09 - Interview

09/13/09 - US Entry

AOS

09/22/09 - Married

10/09/09 - Filled for AOS

25/01/10 - Green Card Approved!!!

OMG. My fiance just mailed me, we got our NOA2!! I am so shocked I cannot even find how to edit my timeline lol :dance:

Oh my gosh! Congratulations!!! :dance::dance::dance: That is amazing! 58 days to NOA2!!! So excited!!

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

As usual you guys were ahead of the curve! I logged in especially this evening, figuring that Saturday mail might have been checked and/or time spent on VJ updating things -- Oh this is so exciting!!!! I'm going to have to limit how frequently I check my case status online. Do you suppose that 5 times per day is reasonable? Plus actually check the snail mail...

Funny, 2 weeks ago, I thought 90 days was really fast and the best I could hope for. A few days ago it was 70 days, now I'm hoping for 60!!!!(AIIIEEEEEE!!!)

I'm so glad that we have these threads where we can post all our spaz attacks about waiting and hoping without bothering the general forums. :)

-H

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

As usual you guys were ahead of the curve! I logged in especially this evening, figuring that Saturday mail might have been checked and/or time spent on VJ updating things -- Oh this is so exciting!!!! I'm going to have to limit how frequently I check my case status online. Do you suppose that 5 times per day is reasonable? Plus actually check the snail mail...

Funny, 2 weeks ago, I thought 90 days was really fast and the best I could hope for. A few days ago it was 70 days, now I'm hoping for 60!!!!(AIIIEEEEEE!!!)

I'm so glad that we have these threads where we can post all our spaz attacks about waiting and hoping without bothering the general forums. :)

-H

Hehehe 5 times a day sounds about right to me! LOL! Now I am starting to wonder if I will get an email update or case status change online as the most recent approvals did not! I called my fiance to ask him if he checked the mail!! Who knows we could be the 12th or 13th and the approval notice is sitting somewhere with USPS! Ok I need to calm down!!!

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

ROC

y7nv8l5t.png

-H

Hehehe 5 times a day sounds about right to me! LOL! Now I am starting to wonder if I will get an email update or case status change online as the most recent approvals did not! I called my fiance to ask him if he checked the mail!! Who knows we could be the 12th or 13th and the approval notice is sitting somewhere with USPS! Ok I need to calm down!!!

I dont know how much I will check the case status thing, just because it seems like they arent updating that. The mailbox, I will be checking the second the mailman comes though! haha.

Timeline

Is anyone planing on getting married in Hawaii? Im trying to decide Hawaii or Vegas??? Any thoughts

I hope this is the week for all of us to get approved! Good luck!!!

K1 Visa

01/22/09 - NOA 1

05/14/09 - NOA 2

06/30/09 - Interview

09/13/09 - US Entry

AOS

09/22/09 - Married

Nik and I just attended a wedding in Hawaii last week.

I thought the wedding was beautiful and classy. It seems to me that even if you were to do it at the Bellagio in Vegas it would still be sort of...Well....not as classy. :) In a town known for it's drive through wedding chapels and Elvis impersonator wedding celebrants, in my mind a Vegas wedding just seems sort of hokey.

Aren't you worried about family and friends having trouble traveling? I know that with an international marriage at least one half of the family will have that hardship, but do you need to make it far from everyone? :( The friend who got married in Hawaii had some of her friends who could not attend because it was too far/expensive.

On the other hand, a lot of us really enjoyed the "excuse" to take a vacation. Hopefully those who are closest to you have the means and vacation time to join you!

My vote (with those choices) is for Hawaii -- but I recommend in someone's hometown if possible. :)

K-1:

AOS:

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

ROC:

Is anyone planing on getting married in Hawaii? Im trying to decide Hawaii or Vegas??? Any thoughts

I hope this is the week for all of us to get approved! Good luck!!!

We're getting married in my hometown in Indiana, but personally, between Vegas or Hawaii, i'd go for hawaii, for exactly the reasons heather said. but I also agree with everything else she said about doing it in your hometown, or close.

on another note...anyone get touches, or anything? i have nothing, and no noa2 today ((mail already came)) although even if i got approved at the end of last week, I don't expect the hard copy NOA2 til atleast the middle of this week.

Edited by laura819

Oh, also about Hawaiian weddings: My friend found that it was a lot cheaper to use naitive Hawaiian flowers for all her decorations etc. Also, I would encourage you (if you choose that one) to try to incorporate some of the local customs in addition to flowers - it's those things that make a destination wedding really memorable!!

Laura, I have checked USCIS my alotted 5 times already....I may cheat and look again when I get home. Have not yet checked the snail mail....I am worried, because I have seen buzzing about VSC cases being transferred, and there seems to be a high volume of approveds from there (but maybe they always seem to have a hight throughput? I don't fully understand)

Edited by Nik+Heather

K-1:

AOS:

ROC:

My fiance and I actually thought about Vegas as well, but not an "on the strip" kind of wedding and reception. We looked into a few different places, and thought it would be a nice vacation for all involved, but ultimately decided on Omaha since its "right in the middle" between both of our families, and its where we will be living. That was the main thing in planning this wedding was that it would be fair for all parties in terms of travelling and expenses, which also means there will be lots of out of town guests, but also alot who won't be able to afford to come. I am not setting up a gift registry for this reason, because my gift will be if you can be there to share our special day. I just realized that with the small amount coming (60-80) we will be able to afford a hosted bar because of the food and beverage minimums at some of the places we are looking at. Most of them had a minimum of $3000 F&B.

Where are all the NOA2s!!! I hope more January filers start to see some soon!

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

ROC

y7nv8l5t.png

Timeline

thanks for all your thoughts. The reason why i am thinking hawaii is because i am from Australia and Hawaii i guess you could say is half way between San Diego (where my fiance lives) and Australia. we only plan on having a small wedding, maybe 30 people max.

H, where was the reception at for the wedding you went to?? I was thinking of doing something traditional, maybe a luau for the reception but not sure. I agree about Vegas, a little seedy but seems set up for weddings so easy to organise :)

K1 Visa

01/22/09 - NOA 1

05/14/09 - NOA 2

06/30/09 - Interview

09/13/09 - US Entry

AOS

09/22/09 - Married

Oh, also about Hawaiian weddings: My friend found that it was a lot cheaper to use naitive Hawaiian flowers for all her decorations etc. Also, I would encourage you (if you choose that one) to try to incorporate some of the local customs in addition to flowers - it's those things that make a destination wedding really memorable!!

Laura, I have checked USCIS my alotted 5 times already....I may cheat and look again when I get home. Have not yet checked the snail mail....I am worried, because I have seen buzzing about VSC cases being transferred, and there seems to be a high volume of approveds from there (but maybe they always seem to have a hight throughput? I don't fully understand)

i have checked mine 4 i think? and nothing. nothing at all. Where did you see about VSC being transferred? And the latest on Igors is that a END of january person got approved...I'm still holding onto a bit of hope, because since the mail is so slow and I live in Indiana, the NOA2 could still be on the way. im sure its NOT, but it could be. lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.