TroyG2

1.5 years more to wait?!

9 posts in this topic

Timeline

Hello, my wife and I are struggling to make it through the seperation but we are holding together. Anyway, she pointed out this link to me and it says the CR-1 time for mexico is about 678 days! Did someone really have a bad time or what? When we did the K-1Visa the entire process was pretty quick even when our package got lost in the mail and there was no interview date.. we could just arrive get interviewed and processed.

I am silly. I didn't start the 129F. I didn't read the discriptions good when I was reviewing the process. I just locked on to the I-130/CR-1 guide and that was that. If I submit an I-129F now will it help or am I basically now so far behind that it wont prove any advantage in the long run?

Thanks for the tips guys! I have been reading and paying attention a lot more after that goofy mistake.

Cheers

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Hello, my wife and I are struggling to make it through the seperation but we are holding together. Anyway, she pointed out this link to me and it says the CR-1 time for mexico is about 678 days! Did someone really have a bad time or what? When we did the K-1Visa the entire process was pretty quick even when our package got lost in the mail and there was no interview date.. we could just arrive get interviewed and processed.

I am silly. I didn't start the 129F. I didn't read the discriptions good when I was reviewing the process. I just locked on to the I-130/CR-1 guide and that was that. If I submit an I-129F now will it help or am I basically now so far behind that it wont prove any advantage in the long run?

Thanks for the tips guys! I have been reading and paying attention a lot more after that goofy mistake.

Cheers

Hello my husband and I are going through the CR 1 in Mexico and we were told the interview dates are around 9-11 months from when they receive the paperwork at the embassy. Our paperwork has been sitting there since Jan 23, 2006 with no word from them what so ever. :(

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
WOW!!! :o

That is the same for K-3 And the CR-1 right?

Wow :( I can not believe this..

what the hell is going on?!

Troy, this is what I was trying to tell you the other day... The K-3 and the CR-1 interview situations in Juarez are NOT the same.. ideally the K-3 should get you to an interview faster. Except that now, we do not know how IMBRA extras will affect K-3ers.

You've been caught out at an unfortunate time. All you can do is get as many options as possible on the go, and for me, that would include getting the I-129f filed ASAP.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

meauxna, you are so wise! :star:

I-130 sent Mar 30, 06

approved Aug 15, 06

I-129f sent April 24, 06

approved July 27, 06

Montreal interview Jan 18, 07

POE Toronto Jan 28, 07

EAD sent Jan. 30, 07

transferred to Vermont Feb 12

biometrics Feb 22

approved March 13

card returned undeliverable! March 27

called after 6 weeks to have EAD re-sent

AOS sent Jan. 30, 07

biometrics Feb 22

RFE for complete medical (!) Feb 23

Called Senator from NJ - never returned call

Infopass March 19 (no help)

Replied to RFE with duplicate medical March 19

Sent additional evidence (I-693A) March 26

NBC received supplement March 30

touched April 4

Interview July 16

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I know the wait is discouraging, but there isn't much more you can do. You could file the I-129f, but it might turn out to be completed the same time as the CR1.

Instead of stressing about how long it is going to take why don't you start planning more trips out to see your wife. This will serve more than once purpose. First, it will give you a sense of something to look forward to, therefore making the wait shorter. More importantly the consulate looks very favorably towards many visits. It shows that there truly is a commitment there.

Sorry you are discouraged, but it won't be forever, hang in there.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

In Troy's defense, for those who don't know, they have already gone thru the whole K-1 and had to leave the US before getting AP. A sad state of affairs now, considering the long wait they face.

I'm bummed for you Troy. Please let us know how you get on.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Timeline

I dont exactly live across the boarder. I am a busy professional with a real job. I don't live in a trailer and I dont have the luxury of making my own schdule. Every time I go to Mexio I spend at least 1k$.. not much compaired to other people but I DO go to Mexico a lot and it adds up. I only get 3weeks vacation a year so I have to spend it wisely. I am going there June 23 for her sister's graduation. The consulate can choke on my plane tickets and phone bills.

Sorry for my outburst. ^_^

To be fair, the K-1 process wasn't too bad and the interview was great.. we got the coolest guy there. He was the one that talks like a game show host. "Mr/Mrs. X Come on Doooooooooowwwwwwwwnnnn!!!!!!!" And he was funny.

Cheers...

Going to start on the K3. Just trying to get the latest 129f form.

... it is almost easier if I just move to Mexico. One of the illegals can have my job..

cheers

*goes off grumpy to sit in corner*

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I dont exactly live across the boarder. I am a busy professional with a real job. I don't live in a trailer and I dont have the luxury of making my own schdule. Every time I go to Mexio I spend at least 1k$.. not much compaired to other people but I DO go to Mexico a lot and it adds up. I only get 3weeks vacation a year so I have to spend it wisely. I am going there June 23 for her sister's graduation. The consulate can choke on my plane tickets and phone bills.

Sorry for my outburst. ^_^

To be fair, the K-1 process wasn't too bad and the interview was great.. we got the coolest guy there. He was the one that talks like a game show host. "Mr/Mrs. X Come on Doooooooooowwwwwwwwnnnn!!!!!!!" And he was funny.

Cheers...

Going to start on the K3. Just trying to get the latest 129f form.

... it is almost easier if I just move to Mexico. One of the illegals can have my job..

cheers

*goes off grumpy to sit in corner*

lol.....I guess I don't have a real job and I live in a trailer! News too me. Actually, I am a professionsal as well, I live in a house on 1/3 acre (lots of yard work). The flight to Morocco from where I live is 15 hours, and I get 3 weeks vacation a years as well. I have managed to go out there two times, and I will make it 3 in August. I have been doing this now for over 1 1/2 years, and no end in sight. You see, my husband had his interview on 8/24/06. It was sent back to the CSC for review on 12/19/06. I have been told that they don't consider cases like our high priority, and they will get to it when they get to it. So it could be several more months maybe years. What I am saying is that if I can do it you can too.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.