Sprailenes

What did you want to be when you a child?

64 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

"When I grow up I want to be a..."

I always find kids answers so interesting and my son is stuck on Pilot.

When I was a kid and people would ask me I would say: "A duck"

I truly wanted to be a duck. How the hell does one become a duck!?

Its the longest running joke of the family... my mom has art of mine from grade school where I have drawn pictures of ducks for the "what I want to be" projects. You'd go see the art in the display cases and there'd be policeman, fireman, doctor.. and then Nevada's duck. :lol:

:blush:

When I finally came to my senses I wanted to be a pilot but that died when I had an asthma attack in a glider and realized I couldn't do the fancy things pilots do due to a lack of oxygen. :(

Donne moi une poptart!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

hmmmmm i think either a teacher or a nurse..

Many nurse friends talked me out of nursing... and the teaching thing.. still need to progress on that :)

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I wanted to be a firetruck. :|

But now I want to go into Criminal Justice and I'm starting next year!

It might put a long delay on my VISA though >_<

dev356pr___.png

Removal of Conditions - January 6, 2012

Timeline

An author.... I loved writing, well still do but when I was a kid in school and we had writing assignments I would always write pages and pages and go into great detail about everything!!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

A vet

An Oceanographer

An Egyptologist

A teacher

it depended on the year and mood heh

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline

I remember I wanted to be an archeologist for a while too, and so my mom sent me to a day camp at the ROM during the summers... and it was fun but I remember not being too amazed with digging holes and finding ** all. :)

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Timeline
"When I grow up I want to be a..."

I always find kids answers so interesting and my son is stuck on Pilot.

When I was a kid and people would ask me I would say: "A duck"

I truly wanted to be a duck. How the hell does one become a duck!?

Its the longest running joke of the family... my mom has art of mine from grade school where I have drawn pictures of ducks for the "what I want to be" projects. You'd go see the art in the display cases and there'd be policeman, fireman, doctor.. and then Nevada's duck. :lol:

:blush:

:lol:

My son told me he wanted to be He-Man.... like Daddy. I had no idea who He-Man was until then. :lol:

I've wanted to be all kinds of things. A meteorologist, an actress, an author. The list is endless. I never wanted to be a duck, though. :lol:

iagree.gif

Timeline

Yea people just didn't understand me, they'd smile and say things like: "Oh you can't be a duck"

Sure I can! If Michael Jackson can turn white! And Joan Rivers can look like an alien, then I can SURELY be a duck.

Quack.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

I wanted to work at the cosmetic counter at HBC. It seemed so glamorous. Mind you I grew up in the NWT and my only exposure to big city life was the 2 trips per year to WEM, and always a stop at HBC.

Timeline
I wanted to work at the cosmetic counter at HBC. It seemed so glamorous. Mind you I grew up in the NWT and my only exposure to big city life was the 2 trips per year to WEM, and always a stop at HBC.

Thats cute!

Oh I wanted to be a shoe salesman for a while. :lol: I loved the smell of new shoes so I thought it would be fun.

I dreamt big!

Donne moi une poptart!

I grew up watching Roy Rogers, Gene Autry and Sky King so I wanted to be a cowboy pilot. I haven't owned cowboy boots in about 30 years and the closest I got to flying was the Corps. :blink:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Timeline

Oh, at one point I wanted to be a librarian. So I got to work in a library for a while during High School but shelving books was completely boring. So then I worked for Indigo Books (Chapters/Coles/Indigo) It was a bit of a upgrade, but not really.

dev356pr___.png

Removal of Conditions - January 6, 2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.