one...two...tree

Philosophy and the proof of God's existence

85 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

God is .

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
God isn't.

Is an equally useless statement.

Still a mystery as to why we are here, where we came from, and if the universe was created by a being, must be a pretty big guy, is this it, or is there an afterlife, if there is an afterlife, have to pass a series of tests to get a good one, but if you fail, watch out. We have an infinitely merciful God that has some pretty nasty stuff up his sleeve for an extremely painful existence for all eternity.

If there is a God, does he go along with all this stuff?

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
or proof there is a program called photoshop

Actually, proof that plastic surgery exists!

You do all realize that in actual fact, Hitchhikers was originally a radio play? The book came afterwards and the radio play really can't be beaten :)

I have the original radio scripts (with footnotes by Douglas Adams) and they're amazing. Love it.

I don't think there is a 'why' as to existence. It happened - it might not have but it did. I don't believe that there is such a thing as an after life - again for me that contradicts everything about what we currently know about how the world/universe works and these days we know a surprising amount about how the universe works. It is amazing, that is true but being amazing doesn't qualify as a proof of the existence of some super being creator or more pertinently a super being welfare worker.

However, beyond all that, and don't make the mistake that I lack curiosity, I certainly find the known universe a fascinating and curious place but I have no need for eternity. I do know one thing, I have been extremely lucky into the country/time I was born into - the things I have been able to learn and the freedoms I have been afforded by my fellow humans.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Still a mystery as to why we are here, where we came from, and if the universe was created by a being, must be a pretty big guy, is this it, or is there an afterlife, if there is an afterlife, have to pass a series of tests to get a good one, but if you fail, watch out. We have an infinitely merciful God that has some pretty nasty stuff up his sleeve for an extremely painful existence for all eternity.

If there is a God, does he go along with all this stuff?

Flying_Spaghetti_Monster_2.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
I don't think there is a 'why' as to existence. It happened - it might not have but it did. I don't believe that there is such a thing as an after life - again for me that contradicts everything about what we currently know about how the world/universe works and these days we know a surprising amount about how the universe works. It is amazing, that is true but being amazing doesn't qualify as a proof of the existence of some super being creator or more pertinently a super being welfare worker.

However, beyond all that, and don't make the mistake that I lack curiosity, I certainly find the known universe a fascinating and curious place but I have no need for eternity. I do know one thing, I have been extremely lucky into the country/time I was born into - the things I have been able to learn and the freedoms I have been afforded by my fellow humans.

Ha, never say, you don't think, better to say, you do not feel. But you and many others are way ahead of me in drawing any kind of conclusion. I just simply do not know. Wonder about it though.

I don't 'feel' anything about existence. My opinion is that it doesn't have, nor does it require a 'why?'. Speculation about how is however useful and interesting.

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

Filed: Timeline
Steven is very deep and he loves talking about feelings

ahh, and so is a Christians love for GOD and for Who GOD is.

So, next time I or someone else talks about GOD, try to understand where we are coming from.

I try to understand but I fail. I'm not really sorry for being a God failure.

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

Atheism is not a 'belief system' it is a position one can take after examining the available evidence on the existence of gods and the possibility of an "afterlife" (in this context that there is something ongoing after death relating to the mind of the individual). To be an atheist requires no faith nor proof one can simply decide that the preponderance of evidence points to the fact that it is impossible for gods to exist.

Filed: Timeline

It's a belief, not a belief system. It's a belief that stands by itself, unsupported by any other beliefs and not requiring other beliefs/practices to be associated with it.

Personally, I believe agnosticism is much more intellectually honest than either theism or atheism.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

You may be right, but I have gone beyond even thinking gods could exist. I can't see the point of them - nor the necessity nor anything that draws one to a conclusion that they are possible.