akhan4

Questions regarding K3 visa and I 134 and police certificate for my wife

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi all, i have a few question regarding the K3 visa for my wife please help me out i would really appriciate this thanks in advance,

1) What is NOA 1 and NOA 2?

2) Does the I 134 affadavit of support needs to be notarized by a US notary, i am currently visiting my wife in her country and how do i get this form notarized by an official notary?

3) Question on I 134 ( affadavit of support ) # 10 on the form that says that if I have submited visa petition on behalf of the following person? does my wifes name go there or should i put none here ?

4) Again on I 134 ( affadavit of support ) # 11 states that intend or do not intend to make specific contributions ? what do i mark here ? i think ihave to mark the i intend box.

5) Regarding the police certificate how far does it have to go back?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
Hi all, i have a few question regarding the K3 visa for my wife please help me out i would really appriciate this thanks in advance,

The NOA1 is the "notice of action"- this is what you get about 2 weeks after filing to say the USCIS has received your petition.... the NOA2 is the notice of action saying that they have approved said petition

2) Does the I 134 affadavit of support needs to be notarized by a US notary, i am currently visiting my wife in her country and how do i get this form notarized by an official notary?

Not anymore

3) Question on I 134 ( affadavit of support ) # 10 on the form that says that if I have submited visa petition on behalf of the following person? does my wifes name go there or should i put none here ?

yes, your wifes name goes there

4) Again on I 134 ( affadavit of support ) # 11 states that intend or do not intend to make specific contributions ? what do i mark here ? i think ihave to mark the i intend box.

This is "N/A, K visa"

any place she has lived more than 6 months from the time she was 16

I hope that helps :)

Lisa

Edited by Y_habibitk

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

well said,

Just one addition

NOA1 is I-797C, Notice of Action

NOA2 is I-797, Notice of Action

You will get these from USCIS, they are labeled in top right corner.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Our timeline:

9/3/08: Submitted I-129

9/5/08: CSC received

9/8/08: NOA1 date

11/12/08: Requested expedite (promised response by 11/17/08)

11/19/08: Received status info by calling USCIS - Additional info sent

12/4/08: Call from CSC & "Touch"

12/4/08 to 12/22/08: Too many calls & faxes to mention, NO RESPONSE!

12/22/08: NOA2 Approval!

12/30/08: NVC forwarded petition to Embassy in Tokyo

12/31/08: Letter from NVC stating they forwarded petition

1/4/09: Received Letter from NVC

1/7/09: Packet Issued from Tokyo Embassy

4/18/09: Tokyo still unable to grant interview, moved to Philippines.

6/22/09: Our daughter was born (more embassy paperwork)

6/30/09: Reqeusted transfer of case to Manila

8/26/09: Visited embassy in Manila AGAIN, personally requested transfer of case (no record in their system)

11/4/09: Case Transferred from Tokyo to Manila - no notice sent

12/5/09: Notification that Manila received the case.

12/30/09: Interview packet received from Manila

1/25/10: Medical check in Manila (took 4 days)

2/1/10: Interview - requested additional docs,

2/2/10: Additional docs submitted, Embassy kept passports - expect visa soon.

4/5/10: Received Visa FINALLY!

4/12/10: Entry to USA

8950.gif

Timeline
well said,

Just one addition

NOA1 is I-797C, Notice of Action

NOA2 is I-797, Notice of Action

You will get these from USCIS, they are labeled in top right corner.

:thumbs:

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thanks for your help, so you are sayin the I 134 affadavit of support does not need to be notarized so please tell me what does this means, this is onhe website of USCIS forms please read below and reply thanks.

( To file this form, it needs to be sworn to or affirmed by a USCIS Officer at any USCIS Office, by a notary public, or other official authorized to administer oaths for general purposes. If the sponsor is outside the United States, the affidavit must be sworn to or affirmed by a USCIS Officer or Consular Officer at any U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Once the form is affirmed, it should be mailed to the same USCIS office where the application was filed.)

The NOA1 is the "notice of action"- this is what you get about 2 weeks after filing to say the USCIS has received your petition.... the NOA2 is the notice of action saying that they have approved said petition

Not anymore

yes, your wifes name goes there

This is "N/A, K visa"

any place she has lived more than 6 months from the time she was 16

I hope that helps :)

Lisa

Timeline

PM'd you the info :)

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.