Rocky_nBullwinkle

Can I divorce my wife for cooking fish?

133 posts in this topic

Help! I have a shirt wrapped around my face as I write this post. Some sort of small fish she cooks in oil, produces lots of smoke. :wacko: It smells like the warmest day in gym class, only 100 times worse. It has been two days now, and I can't even go in the house without covering my face. :(

:help: -Bullwinkle

[/q

Buy an exhaust fan and air freshener. There are many worse things she could do than fry fish.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm...you have several options:

1. Hire a contractor to relocate the kitchen several feet away from the main house and remove the roof. Eliminate all utilities including palatable water, drainage, electricity, and piped fuel. This will provide not only relief of your issues but provide a more familiar environment to your Filipina wife. Of course, winters and rain and wind and animals and vermin suck.

2. Cook fatty over-corned US beef in a skillet on the stove...she will find the smell equally as offensive (since the beef there more resembles the consistency and bulk of a starved greyhound), but will probably not complain...and you will be sort of even.

3. Vacate and buy a new home each time she cooks a food that she was raised on DAILY. Big wallet item.

4. Agree to the mutually "offensive" items that will be cooked "inside" vs. "outside" on a grill...but be prepared to spend a lot of time outside.

5. Get over it.

6. Get over it.

7. Get over it.

As for duck eggs...I wouldn't invite that one until you've cleared the "fish" obstacle, you aren't ready. Hahaha. Then there's "ripe" tripe.

An old saying..."Love conquers all"...it's not "Love conquers all, except..." And if it were, "fish" wouldn't be on the list.

SzIKm4.png
4202e493-922b-4a14-a1b7-438a49a69f71_zps0b740bfd-4829-475c-92b2-ceedfc991843_zps

Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years.

Would mga pinay change their mind, if PETA had their way?

"Would people think twice about ordering fish sticks if they were called sea kitten sticks? Learn more about our ingenious campaign to save fish by changing their names."

http://www.peta.org/sea_kittens/index.asp

Sorry. Go :ot: to discuss!

-- Bullwinkle

Edited by Rocky_nBullwinkle

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

I must be lucky my husband eat dried fish :dance:

really flor? how i wish myhubby does too it would like home always in here if he do.... i miss them but i cant cook if his here. :crying:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Help! I have a shirt wrapped around my face as I write this post. Some sort of small fish she cooks in oil, produces lots of smoke. :wacko: It smells like the warmest day in gym class, only 100 times worse. It has been two days now, and I can't even go in the house without covering my face. :(

Just be thankful your flipina is there with you. I would kill to smell a dead fish in my house right now. We are still in the immigration process. :(

Although when my filipina gets here... She will cook that stinky ####### outside. :D

AOS

06-15-09..... Sent AOS Package

06-25-09..... Recieved NOA AOS EAD AP

06-29-09..... Recieved Biometrics appointment for July 21

07-10-09..... Case transfered to California

08-05-09..... AOS Card production ordered

08-06-09..... AP approval sent

08-06-09..... EAD Card production ordered

08-11-09..... Got my GREENCARD

08-13-09..... Got my EAD card and AP

Buy an exhaust fan and air freshener. There are many worse things she could do than fry fish.

You mean there are worse things? :blink:

I am almost too scared to ask what. :no:

-- Bullwinkle

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I think you are talking about tuyo or dried fish

Yep. That is what she called it. Any ideas?

Don't be too fuzzy Rocky_nBullwinkle!! Taste it!! It taste good!!! Pair it with rice and dip it in vinegar with some chille!! You won't think of divorcing your wife.. you may ask her to marry you again!!

:lol: Stay away from the duck eggs :blink:

Is what you are referring to? This is good!! Taste it!!

Balut-1_1280.jpg

oooooh, yum, yum, yummy!!!!!...exotic like us Filipinas!!!

Yummy! Masarap! --Rocky

p.s. At least he thinks I'm tasty :blush: .

p.p.s. My new desktop!

My husband said that he will charge you for the picture of the Balut!! Just kidding.. He is glad you liked it. My Chris had tasted the balut and he said the taste is ok but he is not crazy about it. He despised the "tuyo" though. I can still remember his face when he was still living in one of the condos in Manila and smell the scent of the dried fish being cooked. He always curse the good all American cursing and wonder why we can eat that " stinky food". They just don't know how it taste like...

Adjustment of Status

Date Filed : 2008-09-21

NOA Date : 2008-09-24

RFE(s) : 2008-10-14

Bio. Appt. : 2008-10-17

AOS Transfer** : Online status was not updated

Interview Date : March 11, 2009

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received:

Comments : NOA for initial interview was sent January 29, 2009 and received February 5, 2009

Employment Authorization Document

CIS Office : San Jose CA

Filing Method : Mail

Filing Instance : First

Approved Date : 2008-12-05

Date Card Received : 2008-12-12

SSN

Date Filed: 2008-12-23

Date Received: 2009-01-19

State ID:

Date Filed: 2009-02-19

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Did she ever mention buying dried pusit? :rofl:

sj! a new profile?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I must be lucky my husband eat dried fish :dance:

really flor? how i wish myhubby does too it would like home always in here if he do.... i miss them but i cant cook if his here. :crying:

Im sorry, but may i ask if that cute lil boy is from you and your american husband, or is he full pinoy?

29ngqhd.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just be thankful your flipina is there with you. I would kill to smell a dead fish in my house right now. We are still in the immigration process. :(

Although when my filipina gets here... She will cook that stinky ####### outside. :D

Oh!! Just make sure your Filipina will not read this!! I'm sure she also love that "stinky #######". Although its hard to find it here.

Btw, where in Bohol is she from? I came from Garcia Hernandez.. PM me is possible! I'm excited to know a fellow Boholana here....

Good Luck!!

Adjustment of Status

RFE(s) : 2008-10-14

AOS Transfer** : Online status was not updated

Interview Date : March 11, 2009

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received:

Comments : NOA for initial interview was sent January 29, 2009 and received February 5, 2009

Employment Authorization Document

CIS Office : San Jose CA

Filing Method : Mail

Filing Instance : First

Approved Date : 2008-12-05

Date Card Received : 2008-12-12

SSN

Date Filed: 2008-12-23

Date Received: 2009-01-19

State ID:

Date Filed: 2009-02-19

Did she ever mention buying dried pusit? :rofl:

Add bagoong (shrimp paste) to that! :lol: I'm craving for Philippine green mango, though! :(

Jo

04/22/06:I-129F -TSC
04/25/06:I-129F -CSC;NOA1(Rcvd Date)
05/01/06:NOA1(Notice Date)
06/23/06:Email fr CSC-IMBRA RFE
06/30/06:IMBRA RFE mail)
07/05/06:I-RFE reply
07/17/06:USCIS rcvd I-RFE reply
08/30/06:NOA2 Approved!
09/05/06:NOA2(mail)
09/26/06:Email fr NVC-to Emb;case #:MNL2006764XXX
10/06/06:VISA APPT:*ANY WORKDAY 0700AM*daughter age-ing out
10/16-17:St. Luke's Medical Ext Clinic
10/18/06:Emb Intrvw APPROVED!
10/25/06:VISAS(K1&K2s)delivered;CFO for stickers
11/08/06:To the U.S.!
11/14/06:WEDDING!
11/22/06:Applied SSN(married name)
11/15/06:INFOPASS appt (for 3):AOS-DORA
11/27/06:Applied AOS w/ 2daughters;got accepted;interviewed same day(D1)
12/09/06:Received by mail 3 NOA1s
12/15/06:SSN print-out picked up
12/18/06:SS card&Biometrics appt notices in mail(D22)
12/26/06:Biometrics at ASC,USCIS Dallas-North(D30)
01/26/07:Email:Notice mailed 1/25 welcoming the new PR(K1&K2-9y/o)(D61)
01/31/07:Welcome letters(mail)(D66)
02/01/07:Card production ordered 1/30(D67)
02/05/07:Email:Approval notice sent 2/04(D71)
02/06/07:GC's in the mail! (D72)
12/11/08:Sent application for removal of conditions (I-751)
12/19/08:Received by mail receipt notice
12/30/08:Received by mail biometrics appointment for Jo and receipt notice for daughter
01/05/09:Received by mail biometrics appointment of daughter
01/13/09:Biometrics appointment of Jo and daughter
06/17/09:Email:Card production ordered
06/30/09:Email:Approval notice sent
07/06/09:Ten-year GC's in the mail!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.