Rocky_nBullwinkle

Can I divorce my wife for cooking fish?

133 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
pray you get a cold, then you won't smell anything.

getting sick should not be prayed for...!!!

really? :unsure:

yes Sir!!! I'm very sure!!!

ea924d6b6b.png

FILING FOR LIFTING OF CONDITION

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Help! I have a shirt wrapped around my face as I write this post. Some sort of small fish she cooks in oil, produces lots of smoke. :wacko: It smells like the warmest day in gym class, only 100 times worse. It has been two days now, and I can't even go in the house without covering my face. :(

:help: -Bullwinkle

This is funny & nonsense hahaha.. i also cooked dried fish if my hubby is not here coz he don't like the smell.but he still knew it that i cooked dried fish lol!!! he said next time i will cooked outside but i said no way coz its so cold hahaha its ok if summer outside.my hubby no comments coz he know i love it hahaha!!!

Use air freshener but me not at all coz its only took few hrs. & gone hehehe...

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

It sticks to the furniture and they really hate the smell of it. My fiance has experienced it here in the Philippines and he was not very impressed by it. He plans to make a dirty kitchen for me when I move to KY though so that makes me very happy!!! :D

Help! I have a shirt wrapped around my face as I write this post. Some sort of small fish she cooks in oil, produces lots of smoke. :wacko: It smells like the warmest day in gym class, only 100 times worse. It has been two days now, and I can't even go in the house without covering my face. :(

This is funny & nonsense hahaha.. i also cooked dried fish if my hubby is not here coz he don't like the smell.but he still knew it that i cooked dried fish lol!!! he said next time i will cooked outside but i said no way coz its so cold hahaha its ok if summer outside.my hubby no comments coz he know i love it hahaha!!!

ppe47ozqawgdn.png

HappyDancer is a proud wife to a country boy in KY.

I-130 for Parents (Mom and Dad)

3.15.2014: Mailed I-130 Packet for Mom and Dad

3.21.2014: Received email notification with case # for both petitions; case forwarded to NBC for processing

3.21.2014: Check cashed

3.22.2014: Hard copy NOA1 received

4.08.2014: Both I-130 approved (notification received via email) - It only took three weeks!!!

4.11.2014: Received NOA2 approval notice in the mail.

5.01.2014: Called NVC to ask for status of paperwork. Advised they received both application on 4.28. Advised to call in 30 business days for an update.

6.02.2014: Email notification received from NVC that shows parents' NVC case number and instructions to pay AOS Fee and fill out DS 261.

6.03.2014: Paid AOS fee ($88 for both petitions)

N400:
4.26.2013: Mailed N400 Packet

5.21.2013: Biometrics

7.18.2013: Testing and Interview

9.25.2013: Oath Ceremony

Medical at St. Lukes:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/183224-experience-medical-at-st-lukes-extension-clinic/

K1 with K2 Visa Interview:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/184246-usem-interview-on-march-10-at-7am-approved/page__p__2728465#entry2728465

CFO:Review, tips and advise:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/186123-cforeview-tips-and-advise/

It sticks to the furniture and they really hate the smell of it. My fiance has experienced it here in the Philippines and he was not very impressed by it. He plans to make a dirty kitchen for me when I move to KY though so that makes me very happy!!! :D

Funny and nonesense, you're right. But I do want to have my own dirty kitchen too. It would make it easier for me to cook tuyo and daing without any protest from my husband. :lol: . maybe in the summer. I will need a stove and a propane tank. Thanks guys. -- This is Rocky --the wife

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I fully understand the situation. I came home from work one day and my wife was cooking that dried fish and I have never smelled anything so bad. We live in an apartment and i told here we could get evicted for this kind of thing. Even though I love here very much and want her to be happy This is one thing she will have to live without. She complains when I pass gas in bed but that smells good compared to the fish.

xl91yv7f.png

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Funny and nonesense, you're right. But I do want to have my own dirty kitchen too. It would make it easier for me to cook tuyo and daing without any protest from my husband. :lol: . maybe in the summer. I will need a stove and a propane tank. Thanks guys. -- This is Rocky --the wife

Local ordinances and environmental laws might estop you from building a dirty kitchen in the backyard. The most logical option would be a Barbecue Island. :star:

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good reminder... Will let my SO know that. :)

ppe47ozqawgdn.png

HappyDancer is a proud wife to a country boy in KY.

I-130 for Parents (Mom and Dad)

3.15.2014: Mailed I-130 Packet for Mom and Dad

3.21.2014: Received email notification with case # for both petitions; case forwarded to NBC for processing

3.21.2014: Check cashed

3.22.2014: Hard copy NOA1 received

4.08.2014: Both I-130 approved (notification received via email) - It only took three weeks!!!

4.11.2014: Received NOA2 approval notice in the mail.

5.01.2014: Called NVC to ask for status of paperwork. Advised they received both application on 4.28. Advised to call in 30 business days for an update.

6.02.2014: Email notification received from NVC that shows parents' NVC case number and instructions to pay AOS Fee and fill out DS 261.

6.03.2014: Paid AOS fee ($88 for both petitions)

N400:
4.26.2013: Mailed N400 Packet

5.21.2013: Biometrics

7.18.2013: Testing and Interview

9.25.2013: Oath Ceremony

Medical at St. Lukes:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/183224-experience-medical-at-st-lukes-extension-clinic/

K1 with K2 Visa Interview:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/184246-usem-interview-on-march-10-at-7am-approved/page__p__2728465#entry2728465

CFO:Review, tips and advise:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/186123-cforeview-tips-and-advise/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

becareful cooking dry fish with windows open, if you live in the city there maybe a code inforcement issue., if the neighbors complain.

Radzney and Steven

first started talking online 2005

Flew to Davao May 2008

arrived May 17 2008 and we were engaged

Returned to USA June 1 2008

06/11/2008 sent in packet

06/16/2008 recieved NOA1

06/18/2008 bank shows check cleared

07/09/2008 touched

10/30/2008 approved Noa2

10/31/2008 touched

11/06/2008 hard copy of Noa2 arrived in mail

11/07/2008 case left NVC for Manila embassy

12/15/2008 passed medical yeppi

12/19/2008 set for interview

12/19/2008 approved at interview

12/30/2008 Visa Delievered

01/14/2009 Flight to USA

01/14/2009 POE SFO

02/13/2009 Purchased Marriage License

02/18/2009 Married

03/31/2009 Filed AOS, EAD,AP

04/09/2009 Check cashed for AOS

04/09/2009 NOA for AOS EAD and AP

04/27/2009 Biometrics

05/11/2009 Adjustment of Status Approval Notice

06/06/2009 Green Card Received

08/24/2009 First day at job

Joe bought me a separate small electric skillet just for my "bait fish" cooking :) I cook in the garage and so far its good and no neighbors complaining. I cook like once a month and I even clean it afterwards outside the house.

Removal of Conditions :

August 16, 2010 - Petition received by USCIS Vermont Center

August 20, 2010 - NOA1 received

October 4, 2010 - Biometrics

January 3, 2011 - Permanent 10 yr. Green Card Received.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I think you are talking about tuyo or dried fish

Yep. That is what she called it. Any ideas?

Don't be too fuzzy Rocky_nBullwinkle!! Taste it!! It taste good!!! Pair it with rice and dip it in vinegar with some chille!! You won't think of divorcing your wife.. you may ask her to marry you again!!

:lol: Stay away from the duck eggs :blink:

Is what you are referring to? This is good!! Taste it!!

Balut-1_1280.jpg

Adjustment of Status

Date Filed : 2008-09-21

NOA Date : 2008-09-24

RFE(s) : 2008-10-14

Bio. Appt. : 2008-10-17

AOS Transfer** : Online status was not updated

Interview Date : March 11, 2009

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received:

Comments : NOA for initial interview was sent January 29, 2009 and received February 5, 2009

Employment Authorization Document

CIS Office : San Jose CA

Filing Method : Mail

Filing Instance : First

Date Filed : 2008-09-21

NOA Date : 2008-09-24

Bio. Appt. : 2008-10-17

Approved Date : 2008-12-05

Date Card Received : 2008-12-12

SSN

Date Filed: 2008-12-23

Date Received: 2009-01-19

State ID:

Date Filed: 2009-02-19

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Don't be too fuzzy Rocky_nBullwinkle!! Taste it!! It taste good!!! Pair it with rice and dip it in vinegar with some chille!! You won't think of divorcing your wife.. you may ask her to marry you again!!

Balut-1_1280.jpg

oooooh, yum, yum, yummy!!!!!...exotic like us Filipinas!!!

I know that that the aroma of the dried fish is really sickening. My husband also doesn't want me to cook dried fish (tuyo)too.He condemns it. But come'on, this things can be dealt on. And I know for yourself that divorcing your wife just because she cooked dried fish is pretty preppy. Are you kinda joking us with this post or I think this is just some kind of exaggerated reaction. Most of the wonderful pinays here are having problem with the adjustment of their new lives in America, and I believe your wife just misses too Philippine food, Don't take it away from her.

Just tell your wife next time that she cooks the dried fish outside. So you won't smell it to the top of your lungs.

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

Balut-1_1280.jpg

oooooh, yum, yum, yummy!!!!!...exotic like us Filipinas!!!

Yummy! Masarap! --Rocky

p.s. At least he thinks I'm tasty :blush: .

p.p.s. My new desktop!

Edited by Rocky_nBullwinkle

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

My husband has no problem with me cooking dried fish. I do it fried or grilled sometimes...but one thing for sure he swears not to taste it. :lol:

bunbunard20090713_-6_ETHAN.png

I-751 Lifting Conditions Timeline

April 06, 2010 - mailed I-751 documents via usps express mail(overnight)with delivery confirmation

April 07, 2010 - packet delivered and signed

April 12, 2010 - check was cashed

April 13, 2010 - received NOA1 (dated 04/08/10)

May 07, 2010 - Biometrics

May 10, 2010 - Touched

June 23, 2010 - APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW!!!

DSC00770.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.