Krikit

Weather & Road Report

842 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We've been 'enjoying" (where is the sarcastic emoticon?) a Canadian low over the last few days. Temperatures are about 15 degrees below normal! We had frost the last two nights as the temperature went into the mid-30s and day time highs were only in the 50s. The first few days were rainy and cool but yesterday the sun came out and it was like a perfect fall day in Canada - except we're in Georgia :rolleyes: . It was very foggy this morning as the cold air interacted with the warm ground but nice and sunny again. Only going down into the 40s overnight - should still be the 50s overnight - but better than freezing.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Been in the 70's and 80's last few days and now 40's with maybe snow tonight. I hate fall...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Timeline

From the Weather Channel:

Winter Storm Warning for North Douglas County Below 6000 Feet/denver/west Adams And Arapahoe Counties/east Broomfield County, CO

A WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO 6 PM MDT THURSDAY.

SNOW... HEAVY AT TIMES WILL DEVELOP WEDNESDAY MORNING AND CONTINUE INTO THURSDAY. TOTAL SNOWFALL ACCUMULATIONS OF 10 TO 18 INCHES ARE POSSIBLE... WITH UP TO 24 INCHES IN THE DENVER AREA. NORTH WINDS AT 15 TO 30 MPH WILL PRODUCE AREAS OF BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW.

:unsure:

Really? Its October! We're going to get slammed.

Edited by Hugglebuggles

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
*wishes she were in Denver*

Come visit! :D

Just bring a toque... and a snow shovel...

I would love to! I've never been buy Colorado has always had an allure for me.

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Did they close the I-25 at Cheyenne again? :crying:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline

I-25 is closed due to accident.

We won't be getting anywhere near 24". Well maybe get 5 or so. This is pretty typical of how the weather and the news works here. They over exagerate things way too much. Everyone at work that has lived here for a long time like myself knows to take what they said very loosly.

I work downtown Denver and it snowed all night and the roads still weren't bad at all. Things could change, but right now it's just your average Oct storm in Colorado...

Ok just checked on the weather fronts. It appears that there is an "Albuquerque Low" which means there is a potential for this to be a big storm. Didn't notice that when I posted. This happens though in Oct or May every few years and we've been missing this for quite some time, so we're way over due for the Oct/May Albuquerque Low storms...

Edited by warlord

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Oct - I-751 sent off

Nov - Biometrics done

Feb - Oath Ceremony

THE END

We have the rainiest October on record. Last Saturday it was a lovely sunshiny day. Today we're supposed to have a break. The only good thing about this rain, is that it's been warm. High of 65 today expected and hopefully no rain!

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

We won't be getting anywhere near 24". Well maybe get 5 or so. This is pretty typical of how the weather and the news works here. They over exagerate things way too much. Everyone at work that has lived here for a long time like myself knows to take what they said very loosly.

I work downtown Denver and it snowed all night and the roads still weren't bad at all. Things could change, but right now it's just your average Oct storm in Colorado...

Ok just checked on the weather fronts. It appears that there is an "Albuquerque Low" which means there is a potential for this to be a big storm. Didn't notice that when I posted. This happens though in Oct or May every few years and we've been missing this for quite some time, so we're way over due for the Oct/May Albuquerque Low storms...

I thought you lived in the Springs Warlord? Unfortunately I'm down in Pueblo right now and am I little worried about making it back up to the metro safely. We're trying to plot a course of action. I don't know anything about weather or weather patterns here so I'm not to sure what to expect, I just know that even if we get the minimum we'll end up with a foot, and that's a boat load of snow! Not fun.

Filed: Timeline

Cool! I love snowstorms! As long as myself or my loved ones are not driving around in them. lol

Ontario's weather was crazy. One day it was beautiful and sunny and mild, the next it was flipping freezing. I left on a nice day (yesterday) so I will retain fond memories. lol

Today's forcast in Fla..... high of 88 (81 right now) with scattered thunderstorms. I guess I should go out now if I'm going anywhere.

Come back and let us know about the snowstorm, Huggles and Warlord!

Take pics!

iagree.gif

It was very dark when I got out of bed at 8am. It's not raining tho, just cloudy.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Timeline

I thought you lived in the Springs Warlord? Unfortunately I'm down in Pueblo right now and am I little worried about making it back up to the metro safely. We're trying to plot a course of action. I don't know anything about weather or weather patterns here so I'm not to sure what to expect, I just know that even if we get the minimum we'll end up with a foot, and that's a boat load of snow! Not fun.

I used to live in the Springs, moved to Denver 6 years ago. Yeah regardless of how much or little snow we'll get, driving on I-25 will be really tricky even with a little bit of snow. Monument pass will not be much fun and then between there and Denver always gets a lot more snow then the metro areas do. Minimum we'll get is just a few inches which is usually the norm. They always tend to make it more extreme, probably to get people to try and prepare better for it. It's just that it's fine light snow, but constantly falling making roads now wet, but eventually it could start packing on the roads. Might be better to either leave Pueblo now, or just staying there until tomorrow afternoon when the system gets out of here...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Oct - I-751 sent off

Nov - Biometrics done

Feb - Oath Ceremony

THE END

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.