Krikit

Weather & Road Report

842 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
It sure is snowing alot here today.... but it's the pretty snow, the kind that falls slowly and lands on the trees nicely and looks beautiful! I went for a walk earlier and it felt like home :)

Awwwwwwww. I love that kind of snow. :luv: I would have been out walking in it too. I love when it falls at night and everything turns silent. My cousin emailed me yesterday asking "Are you sure you want to come here? We have, like, 40 feet of snow." :lol:

It's pretty chilly here today. Only 43 right now, with a high of 50.

iagree.gif

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Delayed opening at the schools today but Mike is going to stay home today its his turn. I'm off to work and I think I'm going to stop at starbucks on the way in and get a caramel macchiato. mmmm.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Will be upper 60's lower 70's and I'm starting off the day right with a nice hot cup of hot chocolate to warm me up until then...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Timeline

-18C today. Was nice and warm yesterday and today everything is frozen. Blech.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline
Will be upper 60's lower 70's and I'm starting off the day right with a nice hot cup of hot chocolate to warm me up until then...

It's kinda weird that your weather has been better than our weather these past few weeks. lol

Actually our Jan and Feb winters have always been like this. Our winter season won't start till Late April / early May when we actually will get dumped on by snow. We'll be in the 50's-70's generally till March then it switches to the 30's / 40's and lots of white stuff has a tendency to fall. Same with October, Nov and Dec it's also cooler. Just the screwed up mountains I think and the way the winds from the Pacific are this time of year I suppose...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Oct - I-751 sent off

Nov - Biometrics done

Feb - Oath Ceremony

THE END

It's kinda weird that your weather has been better than our weather these past few weeks. lol

Actually our Jan and Feb winters have always been like this. Our winter season won't start till Late April / early May when we actually will get dumped on by snow. We'll be in the 50's-70's generally till March then it switches to the 30's / 40's and lots of white stuff has a tendency to fall. Same with October, Nov and Dec it's also cooler. Just the screwed up mountains I think and the way the winds from the Pacific are this time of year I suppose...

Ohhhhhhh. Well that explains why there was just a dusting of snow when I was there last March. I truely expected it to be completely different. I had to laugh at the car rental guy who kept trying to convince me to purchase extra insurance because of the snow. He just focused on the fact that I was from Florida and thought I would scare easily. I was thinking "Buddy..... you haven't even SEEN snow." He shut up when I told him I was from Canada. :lol:

Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

Timeline

Thats too funny Krit. I can just imagine the look on his face when you said that.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline

It's probably the coldest day we have had so far- down to 16 overnight and only up to 30 right now with a really really stiff wind blowing. Still, it is warmer than back home for my friends visiting from Kingston. I have been introduced to the hobby of geo-caching - 17 so far in and around our area. They are not deterred by the weather! (Carla, I think we also found the one you guys were looking for after lunch recently!). Warming up by the weekend, thank heavens. I have had enough of this cold weather - it has been far colder than usual this winter starting way back in October.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Ohhhhhhh. Well that explains why there was just a dusting of snow when I was there last March. I truely expected it to be completely different. I had to laugh at the car rental guy who kept trying to convince me to purchase extra insurance because of the snow. He just focused on the fact that I was from Florida and thought I would scare easily. I was thinking "Buddy..... you haven't even SEEN snow." He shut up when I told him I was from Canada. :lol:

Yes they seem to confuse other states with Texans and Californians who seem to love monopolizing our highways year round then cluttering our medians and shutting down our roads with SUV pieces when there's a small snow dusting. So they just assume anyone in a state with a palm tree can't drive in snow automatically...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Oct - I-751 sent off

Nov - Biometrics done

Feb - Oath Ceremony

THE END

Timeline
It's probably the coldest day we have had so far- down to 16 overnight and only up to 30 right now with a really really stiff wind blowing. Still, it is warmer than back home for my friends visiting from Kingston. I have been introduced to the hobby of geo-caching - 17 so far in and around our area. They are not deterred by the weather! (Carla, I think we also found the one you guys were looking for after lunch recently!). Warming up by the weekend, thank heavens. I have had enough of this cold weather - it has been far colder than usual this winter starting way back in October.

I was reading about the unusually cold weather in the southeast, and it's really affecting the citrus growers.

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

• 2 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Today is bright and sunny but, boy,...... you should hear the wind! It's gale force. :o We had a cold front move in so that's what's brought the wind.

Yeah, looks lovely out there but verrrrrrry nippy. 54 degrees here in Lake Mary right now.

Today is bright and sunny but, boy,...... you should hear the wind! It's gale force. :o We had a cold front move in so that's what's brought the wind.

Yeah, looks lovely out there but verrrrrrry nippy. 54 degrees here in Lake Mary right now.

I will wear my woollies while out finding Flakes.

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I will wear my woollies while out finding Flakes.

lol

that just reminded me of my Son and his snow suit, bundling him up to go out in the winter. Poor little kids :lol:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.