Big Papa Zone

Countdown

229 posts in this topic

I'm going, guys!

Well not today, but I'm being taken by my friends all day/night so I'm going from there.

I AM SCAAARREDD. The thought of saying goodbye to my friends is making me feel a bit sick, I hope everything goes OK and not too emotional.

Thanks so much for your help, everyone. We never could've done this without the help of you lovely people. We'll be calling on you for AOS! :D

Aww, Gemmie! you'll be fine...just remember the looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong wait that has finally ended! Hope you have fun at your "American" party, relax and enjoy every moment, and it won't be goodbye forever, you can always go back and visit, you know that :yes:

And speaking of AOS...the paperwork NEVER ends, does it? We hope to start that immediately upon my fiance's POE, and of course it would be impossible without VisaJourney and everyone here.

Edited by MARM

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
I'm going, guys!

Well not today, but I'm being taken by my friends all day/night so I'm going from there.

I AM SCAAARREDD. The thought of saying goodbye to my friends is making me feel a bit sick, I hope everything goes OK and not too emotional.

Thanks so much for your help, everyone. We never could've done this without the help of you lovely people. We'll be calling on you for AOS! :D

Fly safe, kiddo. :)

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

I'm here, UK peeps. :dancing:

Soooooo happy and sooooo sad... I never thought I would feel this way.

I'm over the moon one minute and in tears the next because I miss my friends already. I can't thank you all enough.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
I'm here, UK peeps. :dancing:

Soooooo happy and sooooo sad... I never thought I would feel this way.

I'm over the moon one minute and in tears the next because I miss my friends already. I can't thank you all enough.

That's understandable and welcome to the states! We're planning on a lot of time on Skype talking to her family and friends back home.

Bob, who is counting down the 18 days, 1 hour, and 22 minutes until Pat's plane lands. B)

2009/08/06 Wedding Date. Married on a sailboat off Florida's west coast.

I-485

2009/10/07 Sent

2009/10/14 NOA Date

2009/10/23 Bio Apt Letter Received

2009/10/28 Transferred to California

2009/11/10 Biometrics Apt

20xx/xx/xx Interview Date

2009/12/01 Card Production Ordered

2009/12/07 Card Received

EAD

2009/10/07 Sent

2009/10/14 NOA Date

2009/11/23 Card Production Ordered

2009/12/03 Card Received

AP

20xx/xx/xx Sent

20xx/xx/xx Arrived

20xx/xx/xx NOA Date

20xx/xx/xx Approval Date

tpjees.png

We're still in Middleboro right now with his parents but are saving to move to a more "lively" place, so that I can actually interact with a human being. ;) I would love to live in Boston but don't know if it's affordable or smart considering he works in RI now.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the time has finally arrived!! My daughter and I are at Gatwick airport right now, due to take off at 10.10am. I will post our experience of POE as soon as we are settled in. Its surreal, it has taken years to get to this point, now it all seems to be happening so fast! :star:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Well, the time has finally arrived!! My daughter and I are at Gatwick airport right now, due to take off at 10.10am. I will post our experience of POE as soon as we are settled in. Its surreal, it has taken years to get to this point, now it all seems to be happening so fast! :star:

congrats fly safe!!!

I will be lieaving on the 6th of July, i'm happy and sad totally understand how Gemmie feels.

congrats again

Kirsten

4650093_bodyshot_300x400_1285472169089.gif

Well, that was the most enjoyable flight I can remember, good films, food was actually quite tasty :D , flight took off on time, landed early and all in all was straight-forward!

POE was a little bit nerve-wracking...after going to the customs desk, the guy put our passports and sealed envelopes into a clear plastic wallet and handed us a number '2' and told us to go to a seperate interview area *gulp*. I had done this once before at Charlotte and was given the third degree and told not to return to the USA for at least 8 months! So this worried me, but after being kept waiting approximately 30 minutes, a nice customs officer (I know, I've not met many nice ones before :P ) called us to his desk and asked me why i'm here, then wished us good luck for the wedding and congratulations :star: . That was it, easy-peasy!!

So we're here, soaking up the sun. We get married next Thursday, I am so very excited. I have so far refrained from checking out much of the next stage of the visa process, apart from fees etc. I'm going to enjoy the weekend then start reading up on here on what to do next. This forum is just the most awesome resource out there, there is no way we could have got this far without it, so thank you to everyone that has offered advice, we really appreciate it :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Well, that was the most enjoyable flight I can remember, good films, food was actually quite tasty :D , flight took off on time, landed early and all in all was straight-forward!

POE was a little bit nerve-wracking...after going to the customs desk, the guy put our passports and sealed envelopes into a clear plastic wallet and handed us a number '2' and told us to go to a seperate interview area *gulp*. I had done this once before at Charlotte and was given the third degree and told not to return to the USA for at least 8 months! So this worried me, but after being kept waiting approximately 30 minutes, a nice customs officer (I know, I've not met many nice ones before :P ) called us to his desk and asked me why i'm here, then wished us good luck for the wedding and congratulations :star: . That was it, easy-peasy!!

So we're here, soaking up the sun. We get married next Thursday, I am so very excited. I have so far refrained from checking out much of the next stage of the visa process, apart from fees etc. I'm going to enjoy the weekend then start reading up on here on what to do next. This forum is just the most awesome resource out there, there is no way we could have got this far without it, so thank you to everyone that has offered advice, we really appreciate it :thumbs:

Glad things were alright in the end and welcome to the states. Congrats too on the upcoming wedding.

7 days 0 hours 26 min until Pat's plane lands in Chicago.

39 days 23 hours 46 min until we board the sail boat to get married.

Bob and Pat

2009/08/06 Wedding Date. Married on a sailboat off Florida's west coast.

I-485

2009/10/07 Sent

2009/10/14 NOA Date

2009/10/28 Transferred to California

20xx/xx/xx Interview Date

2009/12/01 Card Production Ordered

2009/12/07 Card Received

EAD

2009/10/07 Sent

2009/10/14 NOA Date

2009/11/23 Card Production Ordered

2009/12/03 Card Received

AP

20xx/xx/xx Sent

20xx/xx/xx Arrived

20xx/xx/xx NOA Date

20xx/xx/xx Approval Date

tpjees.png

Congrats, Kirsten. :) It's easy to see why yo uwould be nervous after your previous experience. Glad everything went smoothly for you.

I forgot to post my experience of POE, but it's basically really straight-forward.

I landed in Boston (MA) and went up to the desk, told him I was on a K1 visa and gave him the brown envelope. He looked up on his computer what he was supposed to do quickly as I guess they don't get many K1s going through Boston. Then he asked how old I was, and said I was a little young to be getting married, to which I replied that we've known each other for over 6 years so it's not a silly rushed thing. He then opened my envelope, took out our K1 file and started stamping and writing on it, entering dates and such. He drew through my visa, and asked when I was getting married, and I told him we didn't have a date but it would be within 90 days. He did the usual stuff, took fingerprints and asked custom questions. He then said congratulations and waved me through.

Everything took about 5 minutes, was one of the easiest POE's I've had.

I take back my previous post, the dummy entered me as a student rather than a fiance. :(

Working to get this sorted but it's hard to find a living person.

I take back my previous post, the dummy entered me as a student rather than a fiance. :(

Working to get this sorted but it's hard to find a living person.

GRRRR! What a dipstick! When did you find out how they entered you? Is this going to effect your SSN?

K1

PLEASE SEE MY TIMELINE FOR K1 INFORMATION

AOS complete!

08/21/2009 - AOS package sent

08/28/2009 - NOA 1 for AOS, EAD, AP

08/31/2009 - Cheque cashed

09/05/2009 - Biometrics notice received

09/23/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/23/2009 - I-485 Transferred to CSC

10/02/2009 - EAD Approved (card production) & AP approved!

10/11/2009 - EAD Card received

10/20/2009 - AOS approved, GC card production ordered! (53 days in total)

10/26/2009 - Green Card received - nearly 11 months to the day of our K1 NOA 1!

11/25/2009 - Started my new job!

02/26/2010 - Passed my driving test :-p

07/20/2011 - Eligible to remove conditions

2012 - Going for citizenship

09/20/2011 - Removal of conditions submitted to VSC....here we go...again!

It's been a quick and relatively painless journey thanks to tireless research, dumb luck and this community :)

DONE with USCIS for a while :)

mnb0ir.png

I found out only when I went to get my SSN. They told me that although I had a K1 in my passport, I was entered as a F1 visa holder and told to get this sorted before they can process my SSN. But of course they couldn't tell me WHERE to get this sorted.. I have an INFOPASS appointment with an immigration officer so hopefully will get results tomorrow.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I found out only when I went to get my SSN. They told me that although I had a K1 in my passport, I was entered as a F1 visa holder and told to get this sorted before they can process my SSN. But of course they couldn't tell me WHERE to get this sorted.. I have an INFOPASS appointment with an immigration officer so hopefully will get results tomorrow.

disgraceful!!! I hope the Infopass appointment goes well. give em what for.

i'm moving , leaving on Monday, anyone with help as to what the hell to pack. My head just cant seem to get it straight.

4650093_bodyshot_300x400_1285472169089.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.