BePatience

JANUARY APPROVAL, Let's do NVC together

534 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
I have a kinda stupid question...sorry I just totally blanked out with what i need to do next

For the CR 1 part, we have to submit the DS-3032, I have to pay the AOS and then we have to send the IV-Packet which consists of DS-230 part I and II to NVC along with marriage certificate, police records, birth certificate, photocopy of passport, etc to NVC?

For the K-3 part, the consulate send my husband the packet 3 which includes DS-156, DS-156K, marriage certificate, birth certificate, photos, etc etc...and then once they received, the appointment is scheduled, right?

Thank you for your help, and sorry for asking such a basic question. :unsure:

NVC part you are correct. K3 part you are some what right. consulate sends packet 3 which contain checklist of items you need to collect for interview, you dont send those item as packet 3. Yes, you are correct once consulate receives packet 3 they schedule interview date.

Hey, before I go to bed want to confirm something. The only thing packet 3 needs is the forms not wedding photos or anything else right? I just need 2X2 photos and etc right?

yup!

When do I pay the K3 bill? I am not sure, but I think Dhaka embassy is pointing me to pay the $131 with the packet 3. Is it the case for everyone? or I just pay it at the time of interview? If I have to pay $131 to schedule an interview, then I have enough doubt that I would be goin with it or not.....

Waithatter or anyone scheduled k3 interview with embassy, please clarify the case....

Thank you..

Sonia

Sonia,

NO you dont have to pay $131 fee with packet 3 to get interview date.

U.S. Passport

xx-xx-2012: Passport application sent

I-130 petition for Sibling

07-19-2012: Sent I-130 via Priority mail

07-23-2012: I-130 received by PHX lbx (forwarded to california)

07-23-2012: Priority date

07-30-2012: I-797 receipt received

1. CR1 [Completed: 2009/Total Days: 325]

2. ROC [Completed: 2011/Total Days: 222]

3. CITIZENSHIP [Completed: 2012/Total Days: 125]

4. US PASSPORT [Completed: 2012/Total Days: ]

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
I have a kinda stupid question...sorry I just totally blanked out with what i need to do next

For the CR 1 part, we have to submit the DS-3032, I have to pay the AOS and then we have to send the IV-Packet which consists of DS-230 part I and II to NVC along with marriage certificate, police records, birth certificate, photocopy of passport, etc to NVC?

For the K-3 part, the consulate send my husband the packet 3 which includes DS-156, DS-156K, marriage certificate, birth certificate, photos, etc etc...and then once they received, the appointment is scheduled, right?

NVC part you are correct. K3 part you are some what right. consulate sends packet 3 which contain checklist of items you need to collect for interview, you dont send those item as packet 3. Yes, you are correct once consulate receives packet 3 they schedule interview date.

Hey, before I go to bed want to confirm something. The only thing packet 3 needs is the forms not wedding photos or anything else right? I just need 2X2 photos and etc right?

yup!

When do I pay the K3 bill? I am not sure, but I think Dhaka embassy is pointing me to pay the $131 with the packet 3. Is it the case for everyone? or I just pay it at the time of interview? If I have to pay $131 to schedule an interview, then I have enough doubt that I would be goin with it or not.....

Waithatter or anyone scheduled k3 interview with embassy, please clarify the case....

Thank you..

Sonia

Sonia,

Thanks guru...one last question...Do I submit the packet 3 with I134 form or I take it at the time of Interview? I heard many members submitting it while interview...so AOS (I-134 signed and other suppli docs.)forms are not required for a interview schedule..are they?

Thanks

Sonia

Timeline

yup!

Thank you..

Sonia

Sonia,

Thanks guru...one last question...Do I submit the packet 3 with I134 form or I take it at the time of Interview? I heard many members submitting it while interview...so AOS (I-134 signed and other suppli docs.)forms are not required for a interview schedule..are they?

Thanks

Sonia

You are not required to submit I-134 and other suppliement documents with packet 3 to get interview date. Packet 3 basically contains of DS2001(applicant statment), checklist, DS230 part 1 only, 2 2x2 photos, and passport biographic page copy

U.S. Passport

Timeline

yup!

Thank you..

Sonia

Sonia,

Thanks

Sonia

You are not required to submit I-134 and other suppliement documents with packet 3 to get interview date. Packet 3 basically contains of DS2001(applicant statment), checklist, DS230 part 1 only, 2 2x2 photos, and passport biographic page copy

Thanks for the info...Well, so I don't include the Marriage Certificate,Police clearance, Birth Certificate in the packet 3? Also I don't fill up the DS230 part II?

I am in big problem, cuz Dhaka embassy has no record of K3 so far...

Sonia

Timeline

yup!

Thank you..

Sonia

Sonia,

Thanks

Sonia

Thanks for the info...Well, so I don't include the Marriage Certificate,Police clearance, Birth Certificate in the packet 3? Also I don't fill up the DS230 part II?

Sonia

Dont worry it will take some time before Dhaka gets your file. When did NVC tell you that your file has been forwarded to embassy? Yes you are correct you dont include all those docs.

U.S. Passport

Timeline

yup!

Thank you..

Sonia

Sonia,

Thanks

Sonia

Sonia

Dont worry it will take some time before Dhaka gets your file. When did NVC tell you that your file has been forwarded to embassy? Yes you are correct you dont include all those docs.

Well, according to NVC, they forwarded the case on 23rd, but I found the tracking system, where I could figure it out that it was on 26th....so it is on the way...should be getting it by the end of this weekend....

BTW what does DS2001(applicant statment) and checklist mean?

Timeline

Sonia,

I was looking at dhaka embassy and it looks like dhaka embassy requirements are little different then mumbai consulate for submiting type of docs to get interview date so, what I suggest you do is call dhaka embassy and inquire what type of form and docs you should submit to get interview date. DS2001 is form that looks something like this, http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/uploads/imag...B1g/DS_2001.pdf and checklist looks something like this http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/uploads/imag...K3_packet_3.pdf

U.S. Passport

Timeline
Sonia,

I was looking at dhaka embassy and it looks like dhaka embassy requirements are little different then mumbai consulate for submiting type of docs to get interview date so, what I suggest you do is call dhaka embassy and inquire what type of form and docs you should submit to get interview date. DS2001 is form that looks something like this, http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/uploads/imag...B1g/DS_2001.pdf and checklist looks something like this http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/uploads/imag...K3_packet_3.pdf

Thanks guru...I am looking in to the things...oh!! did not I told u about my experience of calling at US embassy dhaka?

Ok here is the story...

Operator: Good after noon..how may I help u?

Me: Good after noon...well, my case .......................... (thats only two words I could speak)

Operator: We don't provide info about cases over telephone, email or fax us

THHUUSSSSSHHH!!!!! (hung up) :unsure: (phone patak di usney, meri mu paar)

I was feeling like a street dog, and it is a damn bad feelings u know... all the bangladeshis working at us embassy are damn idiots.....

Not so hope I have from them, although I sent email today both from my office email, and from my yahoo email...

Lets see what happens...I will be filling up the forms, will be going to embassy pretty soon....

Thanks ...

Sonia

Timeline
Sonia,

Thanks guru...I am looking in to the things...oh!! did not I told u about my experience of calling at US embassy dhaka?

Ok here is the story...

Me: Good after noon...well, my case .......................... (thats only two words I could speak)

I was feeling like a street dog, and it is a damn bad feelings u know... all the bangladeshis working at us embassy are damn idiots.....

Not so hope I have from them, although I sent email today both from my office email, and from my yahoo email...

Lets see what happens...I will be filling up the forms, will be going to embassy pretty soon....

Thanks ...

Sonia

Sonia,

I understand your frustration on people working at embassy, but trust me you are not the only one who goes through those idiots. My wife had same thing happend to her when she called mumbai consulate. Before she can even speak or ask question they just hung up on you. I was so pissed when my wife told me, but I will personally call those idiots pretty soon instead of e-mailing them once my case is complete at NVC to convert my k3 into cr1. so, lets see how it goes. keep me updated on your status. ( aap feekur mut karo, sab kuch thik hoga :) )

Good luck!

U.S. Passport

Timeline
Sonia,

Ok here is the story...

Thanks ...

Sonia

Sonia,

I understand your frustration on people working at embassy, but trust me you are not the only one who goes through those idiots. My wife had same thing happend to her when she called mumbai consulate. Before she can even speak or ask question they just hung up on you. I was so pissed when my wife told me, but I will personally call those idiots pretty soon instead of e-mailing them once my case is complete at NVC to convert my k3 into cr1. so, lets see how it goes. keep me updated on your status. ( aap feekur mut karo, sab kuch thik hoga :) )

Good luck!

Thanks to Hindi movies that I speak good hindi ... he he he...

Lets just hope everything goes fine with my case....

Thank you...

Sonia

Timeline
Sonia,

Ok here is the story...

Thanks ...

Sonia

Sonia,

Good luck!

Thanks to Hindi movies that I speak good hindi ... he he he...

Lets just hope everything goes fine with my case....

Thank you...

Sonia

:lol:

U.S. Passport

Timeline
Hi,

The DS-3032 and the AOS fee bill were generated. We want to e-mail the DS-3032, where do we e-mail it to? what should the subject line say, etc?

Thanks.

It should say case number and beneficary full name, I also recommend you mailing copy of DS3032. Usually mailed copy of DS3032 will be accepted faster then e-mail.

Good luck!

U.S. Passport

Filed: Timeline
Hi,

The DS-3032 and the AOS fee bill were generated. We want to e-mail the DS-3032, where do we e-mail it to? what should the subject line say, etc?

Thanks.

It should say case number and beneficary full name, I also recommend you mailing copy of DS3032. Usually mailed copy of DS3032 will be accepted faster then e-mail.

Good luck!

Thank you.

Why don't you file the DS3032 online from foreign spouses email account. It looks like they can approve it then in one day.

Eric N

Received case number for both petition from NVC

Any ideas on how long will it take for DS3032 to be generated? My NVC number was generated today. Do you think if I send out the DS3032 by standard US mail today it will get their in enough time for the DS3032 to be generated? I do not want to waste a second.

11/12/08: Married in Illigan City, PH
USCIS Journey:
11/18/08: Mailed in I-130s
11/28/08: I-130s NOA-1 notice
12/11/08: Mailied in I-129f
12/17/08: I-129f NOA-1 notice
02/24/09 I-130 and I-129f NOA2 Received (email notification) NOA2 in 89 days!! and 03/02/09 I-130s and I-129f NOA2 Hard Copy Received in Mail
NVC Journey:
03/03/2009: NVC Received/Case number assigned for I-130
03/11/2009: DS-3032/AOS Fee Bill Generateed (received via email); Emailed DS-3032; IIN# Assigned/Paid AOS Bill (online)
03/12/2009: AOS Fee shows "Paid" / Cover Sheet Available
03/16/2009: IV Fee Bill Generated (online)
03/17/2009: IV Fee Bill shows "Paid" / Cover Sheet Available
03/18/2009: AOS I-864 package received at NVC
03/23/2009: AOS I-864 pkg reviewed and approved at NVC
03/24/2009: IV DS-230 package received at NVC (also recieved an RFE for "not paying" IV Bill. Hello NVC!! It was paid already a week ago!! )
04/10/2009: NVC CASE COMPLETE in 37 days!!
US Consulate Manila, Philippines
05/04-05/09: Medical Exams (Round 1)
01/20/10: Round 2 Medical Exams - DAY 1 complete
01/26/10: Exam Day 2 - Immunizations complete, interview day assigned.
01/28/10: INTERVIEW - missing requirement of NBI with incorrect spelling of family name. NBI "AKA"received same afternoon.
02/01/10: Delivered NBI "AKA" to Embassy.
02/03/10: VISA Approved
02/25/10: POE Honolulu, HI USA.....Transfer to Seattle, WA....
04/10/10: Permanent Residency Card recieved.
04/25/10: SSN received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.