BePatience

JANUARY APPROVAL, Let's do NVC together

534 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline
My wife's K3 interview date is set for March 3rd, 2009.

I'm confused. you say her K-3 interview but your filing CR-1 in your timeline???

We are doing parallel process to get better interview date and since my wife already got interview date of march 3rd for I-129f, so As soon as my CR1 case completes at NVC I will request consulate to ask nvc to forward my case so I can use k3 interview date as cr1.

waithatter,

I think as per LingChe's guide, it's NVC whom we can request to send our CR1 expeditely to the respective consulate, once NVC schedules an interview date for CR1.

Another logical reasoning presented in the CJ Vasani's thread ("K3 to CR1 flip unsuccessful") in IR1/CR1 forum was .... anyone would be eager to delegate the work to another person than ask for more work. So NVC would to eager to delegate the work to the consulate rather than consulate asking for more work. ;-)

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
My wife's K3 interview date is set for March 3rd, 2009.

I'm confused. you say her K-3 interview but your filing CR-1 in your timeline???

We are doing parallel process to get better interview date and since my wife already got interview date of march 3rd for I-129f, so As soon as my CR1 case completes at NVC I will request consulate to ask nvc to forward my case so I can use k3 interview date as cr1.

waithatter,

I think as per LingChe's guide, it's NVC whom we can request to send our CR1 expeditely to the respective consulate, once NVC schedules an interview date for CR1.

Another logical reasoning presented in the CJ Vasani's thread ("K3 to CR1 flip unsuccessful") in IR1/CR1 forum was .... anyone would be eager to delegate the work to another person than ask for more work. So NVC would to eager to delegate the work to the consulate rather than consulate asking for more work. ;-)

Thanks for the update. :thumbs:

U.S. Passport

xx-xx-2012: Passport application sent

I-130 petition for Sibling

07-19-2012: Sent I-130 via Priority mail

07-23-2012: I-130 received by PHX lbx (forwarded to california)

07-23-2012: Priority date

07-30-2012: I-797 receipt received

1. CR1 [Completed: 2009/Total Days: 325]

2. ROC [Completed: 2011/Total Days: 222]

3. CITIZENSHIP [Completed: 2012/Total Days: 125]

4. US PASSPORT [Completed: 2012/Total Days: ]

Timeline
Now it’s going to fast... I got appointment for medical exam at 6 th February so I need to travel back to Sweden now...Good luck to you guys,,, I hope to see Narina approved now its really your time....

Best of luck for your medical exam. Yes, it is time to see Narina approval, she is well over due.

U.S. Passport

Filed: Timeline
Ok, I used EXP 16 JAN 2009A and EXP 16 JAN 2009B. Two were shipped out today from NVC, one for A & one for B. A weighs 1 lbs and B weighs 6 lbs. How much do you thin a K3 weighs? Should both of these get there the same day? I remember on Friday the lady acted like my package was going out on Friday but it just went out today so I am assuming this label was created on Friday and it was mailed today. There are many others shipped out to other consulates from today with the January 16th references on them. But, what does A, B, and C stand for? Is A for K-1, B for K-3 and C for CR1? I am really confused about it....please explain everyone! Thank you.

Mahitab

Mahitab,

I am not sure what all this alphabetical stand for, I have never seen any other alphabetical other than A. When they shipped your k3 to respected embassy or consulate its not only your file that's in package, there are many other files included in it. So, my suggestion to you is keep track of both A and B and as soon as they reached destination called or e-mail your respected embassy/consulate and inquire about your file.

Best of luck!

Hello! Thanks for the information. Both reached there Friday so when can I start inquiring?

Mahitab

I have few question...

1.for AOS package, did everyone filed 2008 tax to proceed with NVC? or it is ok if we go with 2007 backing by 2006, 2005?

2. For K3, I-134 form should be notirized and then sent? For k3,do I need to submit tax papers and employment cetificate of petitioner with the other forms (package 3)or I will just take it on the interview day?

Thank you....

sonia,

1). As far as I know everyone submitted 07,06,05 tax returns as 08 is not availabel as of yet. NVC will accept 07 untill april of this year so you should be fine.

2). k3 first you have to submit packet 3 and once you get interview date then you take all the necessary document such as I-134, pcc, and etc. to interview. But you can also try to convert your k3 interview date into cr1 if your cr1 case completes before your k3 interview date.

What all is in pkt 3? The I-134 does not go in there?

M.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Hi Guys,

My husband got the NOA2 hardcopy...Surprisingly, as per the NOA2, we got approved on January 19,2009 which happens to Federal Holiday :unsure: ... I am just wondering, they don't work on weekdays as I always said, now my case was approved on a federal holiday???!!! Gushh!!! I really don't understand VSC policy or anything.....It is just a relief that I am out of VSC.....

More interesting, as per the USCIS.GOV webpage, my case is still pending :innocent: .... No CRIS email generated....so sweet of the VSC automated services.....

Narina Baby... ur file is somewhere around, just have a lil more patience....

Lisa, r u done with the AP?

I am eagerly waiting for NVC to assign my CR1 case number....as u already know, they assigned my K3 case number and forwarded to the Embassy...yet to receive response from Embassy...How long does it really takes for embassy to send the packet 3?

Sonia

We received both I-130 and I-129F NOA2 hard copies yesterday. Apparently, both were approved on Jan 16th. I called NVC and got the NVC Case # for both applications. I was told that the K3 was forwarded to the consulate.

We are in the process of getting all our paperwork together for the NVC and I had a question about income taxes. I have not been able to file the 1040 for 2008 income because I haven't received my W-2 from work, is it okay to submit the I-864 with income return filed in 2007, 2006 and 2005?

What have you all done so far?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
For those of you who are approved in January, lets help each other out so we can fly through NVC process quicker. :dance:

Keep all approvals updated with your progress at NVC. I am planning to call NVC tomorrow to see if they received my files from VSC. :)

BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE!!!!!

My USC husband got hardcopy from NVC yesterday stating that they already forwarded our case to our Consulate here USEM Manila. Tomorrow Monday I will call USEM for medical & interview schedule.

MARLO SY PARKER

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
For those of you who are approved in January, lets help each other out so we can fly through NVC process quicker. :dance:

Keep all approvals updated with your progress at NVC. I am planning to call NVC tomorrow to see if they received my files from VSC. :)

My USC husband got hardcopy from NVC yesterday stating that they already forwarded our case to our Consulate here USEM Manila. Tomorrow Monday I will call USEM for medical & interview schedule.

Hi everyone and good luck to all of you. Lisa, why are you on AP at NVC is it for the K3 or the CR1? Narina good luck to you it wont be long. Everyone I want to say may this go smoothly for all of us....

Now for my q's I need to know several things:

1) When will I get the packet for my instructions for K3 visa?

2) When do you believe that my interview can be approximately how many months from now if I get my packet in to he embassy by the 2nd week of February?

3) Why has the NVC never generated a bill for us and how did you all find out it was generated in the first place?

Wishing you all the best....

Zain

"We're pregnant!"

......... , . - . - , _ , .........

......... ) ` - . .> ' `( .......

........ / . . . .`\ . . \ ........

........ |. . . . . |. . .| ........

......... \ . . . ./ . ./ ..........

........... `=(\ /.=` ..........

............. `-;`.-' .............

............... `)| ... , .........

................ || _.-'| .........

............. ,_|| \_,/ ..........

....... , ..... \|| .' .............

....... |\ |\ ,. ||/ ..............

.... ,..\` | /|.,|Y\, ............

..... '-...'-._..\||/ .............

......... >_.-`Y| ...............

.............. ,_|| ................

................ \|| ...............

................. || ...............

................. ||...............

Timeline
I have few question...

1.for AOS package, did everyone filed 2008 tax to proceed with NVC? or it is ok if we go with 2007 backing by 2006, 2005?

2. For K3, I-134 form should be notirized and then sent? For k3,do I need to submit tax papers and employment cetificate of petitioner with the other forms (package 3)or I will just take it on the interview day?

Thank you....

sonia,

1). As far as I know everyone submitted 07,06,05 tax returns as 08 is not availabel as of yet. NVC will accept 07 untill april of this year so you should be fine.

2). k3 first you have to submit packet 3 and once you get interview date then you take all the necessary document such as I-134, pcc, and etc. to interview. But you can also try to convert your k3 interview date into cr1 if your cr1 case completes before your k3 interview date.

What all is in pkt 3? The I-134 does not go in there?

M.

Mahitab,

Packet 3 contains: Applicant statement, DS230 part 1 only, 2 2x2 passport size photos, biographic page of passport, and checklist. No I-134 does not go with packet 3, you take that with you to interview.

Hi Guys,

My husband got the NOA2 hardcopy...Surprisingly, as per the NOA2, we got approved on January 19,2009 which happens to Federal Holiday :unsure: ... I am just wondering, they don't work on weekdays as I always said, now my case was approved on a federal holiday???!!! Gushh!!! I really don't understand VSC policy or anything.....It is just a relief that I am out of VSC.....

More interesting, as per the USCIS.GOV webpage, my case is still pending :innocent: .... No CRIS email generated....so sweet of the VSC automated services.....

Narina Baby... ur file is somewhere around, just have a lil more patience....

Lisa, r u done with the AP?

I am eagerly waiting for NVC to assign my CR1 case number....as u already know, they assigned my K3 case number and forwarded to the Embassy...yet to receive response from Embassy...How long does it really takes for embassy to send the packet 3?

Sonia

Welcome aboard sonia. I am glad to see you out of VSC hell! Now things will fly to keep everything ready so you dont slow yourself down.

Good luck!

We received both I-130 and I-129F NOA2 hard copies yesterday. Apparently, both were approved on Jan 16th. I called NVC and got the NVC Case # for both applications. I was told that the K3 was forwarded to the consulate.

We are in the process of getting all our paperwork together for the NVC and I had a question about income taxes. I have not been able to file the 1040 for 2008 income because I haven't received my W-2 from work, is it okay to submit the I-864 with income return filed in 2007, 2006 and 2005?

What have you all done so far?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you

NVC will accept 2005 to 2007 tax returns untill april 09. Mostly everyone here submited 05-07 tax returns since we dont have our w-2 to file for 08.

U.S. Passport

Timeline

Hello again from your dear friend Zain. Hahaha....ok guys now you are telling me that the I-134 goes to interview good. Now on to my next trail of q's.....

1)Does the PCC go inside the packet?

2) Can we start preparing the packet in advance?

Zain

Edited by ♥ Zain ♥ Fariha ♥

"We're pregnant!"

Timeline

Hi everyone and good luck to all of you. Lisa, why are you on AP at NVC is it for the K3 or the CR1? Narina good luck to you it wont be long. Everyone I want to say may this go smoothly for all of us....

Now for my q's I need to know several things:

1) When will I get the packet for my instructions for K3 visa?

2) When do you believe that my interview can be approximately how many months from now if I get my packet in to he embassy by the 2nd week of February?

3) Why has the NVC never generated a bill for us and how did you all find out it was generated in the first place?

Wishing you all the best....

Zain

Zain,

If you know that your I-129f reached consulate you should start contacting them about packet 3 or if you consulate have packet 3 on there website go ahead print out and mailed them so you dont waste time waiting for packet 3. As soon as consulate receives your packet 2 they assigned interview date within 2 weeks spam, it also depends on how busy that consulate is. Contact NVC and ask them is DS3032 and AOS bill generated or not. It should by now.

Good luck!

U.S. Passport

Timeline
Hello again from your dear friend Zain. Hahaha....ok guys now you are telling me that the I-134 goes to interview good. Now on to my next trail of q's.....

Zain

Hey one more thing will the embassy accept 05, 06, 07? Will they accept the copy of 08?

Zain

"We're pregnant!"

Timeline

Zain

PCC and all other required documents you take them with you to interview. Yes you can star preparing for packet 4 documents aka interview packet in advance.

Zain

Hey one more thing will the embassy accept 05, 06, 07? Will they accept the copy of 08?

Zain

Yes, they will.

U.S. Passport

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.