• Foreign - female

35 posts in this topic

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Nice selection there, Marilyn. Here's my personal fave (I absolutely love this song):

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I believe his wife was involved in some shooting scandal. As for Andy, he's a washed up old has been. I watched his show a few times. It stunk.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
If you like Andy Williams, you should listen to some of these:

1. Nat King Cole - the best of the crooners, IMO

2. Mel Torme

3. Frank Sinatra

4. Dean Martin

5. Tony Bennett

6. Etta James

...so many great singers in that category. :)

I am not familiar with #2, but with the rest, they were/are so popular that I think it'd be rare if someone didn't know who they were who grew up in the US. But still don't know about Andy Williams. I am sure I've heard his songs before and didn't know who he was?

I'm sure you've heard, 'Moon River'. :)

Man, I think a history class on American music should be a requirement in high school. We've had so many great musicians over the last 60 plus years...it'd be shame for younger generations to not at least be exposed to their music.

Timeline
I'm sure you've heard, 'Moon River'. :)

Man, I think a history class on American music should be a requirement in high school. We've had so many great musicians over the last 60 plus years...it'd be shame for younger generations to not at least be exposed to their music.

Fancypants, I have a sneaking suspicion that some of those who have said they've never heard of him, aren't being entirely honest. ;)

But I agree with your music class suggestion nonetheless.

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Timeline
I believe his ex-wife was involved in some shooting scandal.

Yes, she shot her ski-racer boyfriend dead in Aspen.

As for Andy, he's a washed up old has been. I watched his show a few times. It stunk.

That could be my missus talking. She's clueless too.......... :whistle:

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

Andy Williams? That's my mom's kind of music...and I'm not exactly a spring chicken. That guy fell off the charts eons ago. Why resurect him now?

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

That's right, Damian P.

Didn't he also introduce the 0smond Brothers? I remember he had them on his show a few times. 0i!

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline
Andy Williams? That's my mom's kind of music...and I'm not exactly a spring chicken. That guy fell off the charts eons ago. Why resurect him now?

The classic crooners always attract new fans as the years pass. I'm a classic example of this: I only became a fan a couple of years ago, like I said in the first post, when we started visiting Branson. He's synonymous with the area, so I started listening to a few of his recordings and liked them. That simple really.

And who gives a toss about whether or not he's in the charts!!?? :lol: None of the bands/artists I listen to are current chart-toppers. In fact, I couldn't tell you what was on the billboard 100 these days. Isn't it ####### like Britney Spears and Hannah Montana? No ###### thanks!

Edited by Damian P

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline
That's right, Damian P.

Didn't he also introduce the 0smond Brothers? I remember he had them on his show a few times. 0i!

Ed Sullivan introduced anybody worth introducing and then some. Ah! Them's wuz the daze. ;)

Edited by peejay

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

The classic crooners always attract new fans as the years pass. I'm a classic example of this: I only became a fan a couple of years ago, like I said in the first post, when we started visiting Branson. He's synonymous with the area, so I started listening to a few of his recordings and liked them. That simple really.

And who gives a toss about whether or not he's in the charts!!?? :lol: None of the bands/artists I listen to are current chart-toppers. In fact, I couldn't tell you what was on the billboard 100 these days. Isn't it ####### like Britney Spears and Hannah Montana? No ###### thanks!

I think music (at least the good stuff) is a sort of passing of the torch. Contemporary artists like David Gray or Norah Jones were influenced by greats like Bob Dylan or Joni Mitchell. And they were influenced by the ones before them. That's why I think it's important for younger generations to at least know something of their music so they can compare and decide for themselves if the musicians they listen to now are carrying the torch or burning down the house.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I have no clue who Andy Williams is.

as far as crooners go - not bad. But I'm not much of a crooner swooner! Although, I do like Harry Conick Jr.......

Be still my heart! Love Harry!!! I think it's impossible to grow up in NOLA and not love Harry.

you would be correct! and i am just a transplant (20yrs ago)!

his dad's not to bad either....

If you like Andy Williams, you should listen to some of these:

1. Nat King Cole - the best of the crooners, IMO

2. Mel Torme

3. Frank Sinatra

4. Dean Martin

5. Tony Bennett

6. Etta James

...so many great singers in that category. :)

like Nina Simone..... and Ministry....

Edited by LorriQ

Timeline:

3/11/08 I 129 F filed

3/20/08 NOA1

6/20/08 NOA2

7/05/08 Packet 3

12/22/08 Interview

12/29/08 Visa Delivered

1/26/08 POE

3/20/08 Wedding