sunnybear

January 2009 AOS Submitters

1,429 posts in this topic

Hi dbears! Dot here, john's wife. hehe. Im glad you love your new career. I hope you will get admission letter to the community college you applied to. Im pretty sure you'll gonna love being a nurse. Im also a nurse by profession and I love it! Its very fulfilling and rewarding profession. I recently got my learner's permit but still need to schedule road test. I am still waiting for call for job interview to all the hospital jobs I applied online but still no luck :crying:

Goodluck and Godbless in your CNA state certification exam! Im sure you can make it! You will have your AOS interview in few weeks too so I really wish you all the best my dear! :star:

Thanks for the well wishes. I certainly hope i will get accepted coz I already know as early as now what area of nursing I will want to specialize on later down the road and it will never materialize until i'd be able to start the nursing program. I already have two degrees in the philippines: business and special education. I would want to be able to use what i learned from my special education degree in nursing also, i would really love to be a nurse for children with special needs someday.

Good luck on your road test, I will probably take the written test next week. As for jobs, try handing in your application in person, it might work better. Good luck and God bless, I am sure you will get job offers soon. (((HUGS)))

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi dbears! Dot here, john's wife. hehe. Im glad you love your new career. I hope you will get admission letter to the community college you applied to. Im pretty sure you'll gonna love being a nurse. Im also a nurse by profession and I love it! Its very fulfilling and rewarding profession. I recently got my learner's permit but still need to schedule road test. I am still waiting for call for job interview to all the hospital jobs I applied online but still no luck :crying:

Goodluck and Godbless in your CNA state certification exam! Im sure you can make it! You will have your AOS interview in few weeks too so I really wish you all the best my dear! :star:

Thanks for the well wishes. I certainly hope i will get accepted coz I already know as early as now what area of nursing I will want to specialize on later down the road and it will never materialize until i'd be able to start the nursing program. I already have two degrees in the philippines: business and special education. I would want to be able to use what i learned from my special education degree in nursing also, i would really love to be a nurse for children with special needs someday.

Good luck on your road test, I will probably take the written test next week. As for jobs, try handing in your application in person, it might work better. Good luck and God bless, I am sure you will get job offers soon. (((HUGS)))

Hey dbears, I am planning to take the written text next week as well. NY allows us to drive on our foreign license so I have been using that but after receiving the GC we have to change over in 30 days as we are now residents. I wished it was just a license exchange. :blink: I am tired of all the waiting, interviews, test, applications blah blah blah but we have to do what we have to do. All the best. Hope you are using the NC online manual and doing the test questions as well.

STANLEY & KAREN
01/15/2009 - Fedex I-130, I-485, I-693, I-864, I-765, G-325A
01/20/2009 - Received in mail-room and signed for by J CHYBA
01/28/2009 - Checks cashed by Homeland Security
02/02/2009 - Received in mail 3 pcs of NOA1 one each for I-485, I-130, I-765 dated 01/28/2009
02/03/2009 - Received email RFE. What did I not send now, whew!
02/09/2009 - Received mails for initial evidence and Biometric appointment (02/19/2009); mailed evidence
02/19/2009 - biometrics done - in a out in 45 minutes
03/14/2009 - Receive NOA2 dated 03/10/2009. AOS interview April 29, 2009
03/18/2009 - Touched. EAD Card production ordered
03/25/2009 - Touched. EAD approval sent
03/27/2009 - EAD card received in the mail; applied for SS# immediately (office is across the street from my home)
04/02/2009 - Received SS# in the mail
04/29/2009 - Interviewed. I- 130 approved, I-485 pending IO's review
05/05/2009 - Received NOA2. Welcome letter for Permanent Residency. I-130 and I-485 approved 04/30/2009
05/08/2009 - Touched. I-485 approval letter sent
05/11/2009 - GC received in the mail. Expires 2019
05/11/2009 - Applied to remove restrictions on my SS Card
05/18/2009 - Received unrestricted SS card

10/13/2009 - My darling husband of 2 yrs 5 months 3 weeks 3 days passed away :(

Naturalization Process (5 Yrs Later) :goofy:

Mar 28, 2014 - Mailed N-400
Apr 08, 2014 - Check cashed
Apr 09, 2014 - Receive Notice letter Priority date April 3, 2014
Apr 11, 2014 - Touched - Email - Biometrics letter mailed
May 08, 2014 - Biometrics done
May 12, 2014 - Touched - Email - In line for interview scheduling
July 12, 2014 - Pre-interview letter (Yellow letter) received in mail
Aug 20, 2014 - Touched - Email - Interview scheduled
Aug 25, 2014 - Interview scheduled for Sept. 24, 2014
Sept 24, 2014 - Passed interview
Oct 06, 2014 - Touched - Email - In oath scheduling que
Oct 08, 2014 - Touched - Text - Oath ceremony scheduled
Oct 14, 2014 - Received letter - Oath ceremony Oct 28, 2014
Oct 28, 2014 - I AM A US CITIZEN! :joy: :joy: :joy:
Nov 12, 2014 - Updated my status from permanent resident to citizen at Social Security
Nov 14, 2014 - Applied for US passport
Nov 29, 2014 - Received US passport book
Dec 01, 2014 - Received Passport card
Dec 04, 2014 - Received Naturalization Certificate

--------------------
KayCee

Ccut.jpg.png

Yes shes, all the evidence that prove that you had an ongoing relationship before you were married is also important. Pix before the marriage, with family and friends, phone bills etc bring them all. Do you have a joint bank account? Bring that too and not just one bank statement as they look to see both card entries going through the account; make sure you have at least one statement showing when you were added to the account or when you guys opened the account because my IO asked me for our bank statement from 2007 and luckily I decided I would bring one to show that he added me shortly after we were married. If you guys have more than one accounts together bring them. You never know what proof they need and you don't want to have rush back home to get something you thought they wouldn't need. Take all kind of joint insurances you have together like health, life, car etc. If you are the beneficiary on his pension take proof of that too. I brought even our Last Will and Testament showing me as the beneficiary (that was dated in 2006) and also his health care proxy as I am the one he stated should make sure that his wishes are carried out ( again date in 2006 before we were married). Joint taxes for 2008, girl don't forget that!!!!!

You can never have too many evidence so just take as many as you can even if it means you have to put int in a wheeled carrier lol. Remember they want to see your life before and during the marriage. Your life began before the wedding ceremony and the honeymoon so bring everything including Valentine's Day cards, anniversary, birthday cards and cards from friends.

Make sure you know the little things about him and his family like favorite food, color, how many brothers and sisters, if he is older or young etc. Hard copy isnt the only proof of evidence they need; they check your knowledge as well and that goes both ways. You may never be interrogated like some of us were but you will never know. I hope that this gives you a clearer picture of what evidence of relationship means. Take care and all the best on your interview.

GOOD POINTS! :thumbs: Thanks for sharing all these. :star:

I received an email from CRIS saying " Card Production Ordered" a few hours after the interview... =) And I could see that my case online was updated.

Congrats on the card production order marikya, hope you receive the physical GC soon.

Dbears, I am really glad to see you in this thread again! Congrats on your SSN and the best of luck to you with the admission to the program! I know you will make it! :yes:

Thank you for the well wishes. if it is God's will, i will get it, if not then maybe He has grander plans for me.

YAY, your interview is fast approaching! GOOD SUCCESS on the interview next week and same goes to all that will be having interview soon. yellow_smiley_hug.gif

i-migrate: BIG CONGRATS on the successful interview and thank you very much for sharing. I will have interview with my 2 kids also, your family's interview experience will surely help me to prepare my kids what to expect. BIG CONGRATS again. :dance::dance::dance:

ROC

N-400

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Hey dbears, I am planning to take the written text next week as well. NY allows us to drive on our foreign license so I have been using that but after receiving the GC we have to change over in 30 days as we are now residents. I wished it was just a license exchange. :blink: I am tired of all the waiting, interviews, test, applications blah blah blah but we have to do what we have to do. All the best. Hope you are using the NC online manual and doing the test questions as well.

I have a hand book from the DMV here, i actually have this since last year but i am only starting to really read it cover to cover. They don't honor driver's license from other countries here in NC so i have not been legally able to drive since I got here (ricky allows me to drive from time to time though: when we are sure there are no road blocks).

i am practicing on the online test from this site: http://www.drivingdirectory.com/test/index.php

somebody on this thread shared it before (if i am not mistaken, it was cwaf) and it has proven very helpful indeed. hope we will both pass the written test. i will take the road test after the interview probably. we called our local DMV office and they said i could schedule the road test anytime after passing my written exam as long as it won't be over 90 days.

Edited by dbears

ROC

N-400

Thank you for the tips, kcoyclay! And good luck to you and dbears with the written test.

Glad to see all the approvals. I really hope I get an interviewer like yours, sunny!

I'm not too nervous about my upcoming interview; barely had time to think about it. But I'm a little concerned about a lack of evidence to show our marital relationship. The only 'joint' thing we have is a joint bank account - and I very rarely use my card, as Alex buys most things (I'm always forgetting my ID to show with the card, or he shops without me). I guess it may be time to start buying more things!

We have our own place that we rent, but I'm not on the lease. And actually we've been using Alex's parents' address for everything - bank account, my work, SSNs, tax returns - because we weren't sure how long we'd be able to live here (when Alex lost his job we thought we might have to move in with his parents), plus we share a mailbox with everyone else in this apartment complex so our mail isn't very secure. Is anyone else in this position?

I officially have a job! I've always scorned the crazy American work ethics (in Europe we tend to like our long holidays and short working hours) but here I am working a minimum of 40 hours a week, 5-6 days a week in a cubicle office that never sees daylight. It's good work, though, and it pays as much as I'd hoped for. So Alex is the one staying at home, learning how to cook and acting as my personal chauffeur. (He bakes really good cookies).

Which leads me to another problem...does anyone know if the Social Security office will accept my EAD as photo ID in my married name? I looked on their website but didn't see a definitive answer. Both it and the bank said they couldn't change anything to be in my married name until I had photo ID. I could wait until after I receive my greencard (hopefully) but it means not being able to receive health benefits until then, plus I'm a little concerned about my EAD not matching my SSN.

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Thank you for the well wishes Rachel.

I am happy you already have a job, hope I will get one soon too though I am still waiting till I get certified before I'd even start applying.

Me and Ricky only have water bill on both our name. We will also file joint tax (we filed for extension since it took me a loooong time to get SSN) probably next week so we would have additional supporting documents plus affidavit from his mom who owns the house we currently live in and then the cards and letters we received during the holidays. We don't have joint bank account nor will we ever have one even when time for removal of condition comes for the reason that his credit score is less than stellar and so it will be better if we develop my personal credit history while trying to improve his (which will probably take years). I guess you will be ok with whatever supporting document you currently have, just add tons of pics from before and after the wedding and other supporting docs you had before.

And yes, SSA will (should) accept you EAD but of course there are ignorant SSA employees out there. The immigration officer I talked to when I had problem (again) with immigration status verification (even after I got my EAD) told me that SSN and even DMV should not have any problem accepting EAD card as proof of legal status. She said if I will continue to have problem with SSA, I should ask for the supervisor coz they should know how to handle immigrant cases if not, I should then ask for the next higher ranked officer. I finally got my SSN card last week (weeks after my kids received theirs). I first applied for SSN after we got married and was denied because immigration did not verify my status. I had to wait for EAD card before re-applying. My SSN card is already on my married name. Hopefully, you will not encounter the same problems I have had with SSA.

Good luck with SSA and with your coming interview. (((HUGS)))

ROC

N-400

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I haven't been on here in a long time- mainly because absolutely no progress has been made with my husband's case. He applied for AOS, EAD, and AP on January 29. We got an RFE and they received the information on March 9. I checked the status online of the AOS and it said that we should hear something within 60 days (which is today). I called a couple weeks ago and the woman told me that only the EAD was out of normal processing times, and I should hear something within 45 days! 45 days??? I'm disheartened because I see the wonderful progress that everyone else is making here, and we've had nothing. My husband needs to work, needs to feel like he has a normal life here...

Has anyone found themself in a similar situation?? Does anyone have any advice? Thank you!

Caity & Angel

"There was a boy with skin as dark as the earth & a girl with eyes as blue as the deep & they loved each other so well that people could not tell them apart, for in their hearts, there was no difference between them." -Brian Andreas

3-20-08: I-129F Petition Sent

3-24-08: NOA1

7-25-08: NOA2

10-27-08: Medical Exam

10-28-08: Interview! Approved!

12-20-08: U.S. Entry (POE Chicago)

1-2-09: Marriage

1-27-09: AOS package sent

2-3-09: NOA1 for I-485, I-765, and I-131

2-9-09: RFE received (need more income info. for household member)

2-24-09: Biometrics appoinment

2-25-09: RFE information sent back

Timeline

I have a hand book from the DMV here, i actually have this since last year but i am only starting to really read it cover to cover. They don't honor driver's license from other countries here in NC so i have not been legally able to drive since I got here (ricky allows me to drive from time to time though: when we are sure there are no road blocks).

i am practicing on the online test from this site: http://www.drivingdirectory.com/test/index.php

somebody on this thread shared it before (if i am not mistaken, it was cwaf) and it has proven very helpful indeed. hope we will both pass the written test. i will take the road test after the interview probably. we called our local DMV office and they said i could schedule the road test anytime after passing my written exam as long as it won't be over 90 days.

All the best

STANLEY & KAREN
02/02/2009 - Received in mail 3 pcs of NOA1 one each for I-485, I-130, I-765 dated 01/28/2009
02/09/2009 - Received mails for initial evidence and Biometric appointment (02/19/2009); mailed evidence
03/27/2009 - EAD card received in the mail; applied for SS# immediately (office is across the street from my home)
05/05/2009 - Received NOA2. Welcome letter for Permanent Residency. I-130 and I-485 approved 04/30/2009

Nov 12, 2014 - Updated my status from permanent resident to citizen at Social Security

--------------------
KayCee

Ccut.jpg.png

Timeline
Thank you for the tips, kcoyclay! And good luck to you and dbears with the written test.

Glad to see all the approvals. I really hope I get an interviewer like yours, sunny!

I'm not too nervous about my upcoming interview; barely had time to think about it. But I'm a little concerned about a lack of evidence to show our marital relationship. The only 'joint' thing we have is a joint bank account - and I very rarely use my card, as Alex buys most things (I'm always forgetting my ID to show with the card, or he shops without me). I guess it may be time to start buying more things!

We have our own place that we rent, but I'm not on the lease. And actually we've been using Alex's parents' address for everything - bank account, my work, SSNs, tax returns - because we weren't sure how long we'd be able to live here (when Alex lost his job we thought we might have to move in with his parents), plus we share a mailbox with everyone else in this apartment complex so our mail isn't very secure. Is anyone else in this position?

I officially have a job! I've always scorned the crazy American work ethics (in Europe we tend to like our long holidays and short working hours) but here I am working a minimum of 40 hours a week, 5-6 days a week in a cubicle office that never sees daylight. It's good work, though, and it pays as much as I'd hoped for. So Alex is the one staying at home, learning how to cook and acting as my personal chauffeur. (He bakes really good cookies).

Which leads me to another problem...does anyone know if the Social Security office will accept my EAD as photo ID in my married name? I looked on their website but didn't see a definitive answer. Both it and the bank said they couldn't change anything to be in my married name until I had photo ID. I could wait until after I receive my greencard (hopefully) but it means not being able to receive health benefits until then, plus I'm a little concerned about my EAD not matching my SSN.

Hi Rachel,

when my husband was too sick and in bed I used his card as well as mine to shop and to pay bills online. Maybe you can start doing that. Let him use you card sometimes seeing that he does most of the shopping.

Jamaica is quite laid back as well. We are not even allowed to have two jobs. I remember years ago a lady was fired from her banking job because she moonlighted in advertising. She then became a cabaret singer and made more money than the bank could pay her plus she became a local celebrity. It's different here but I guess we have to fit in. As Miki said the EAD is a photo ID and that is what you have to present to the SS Office if you want your ss# right away. There are a lot of persons who do not know that they need to get the restrictions off their SS if they got it using their EAD so don't forget that.

All the best on your interview when it comes.

STANLEY & KAREN

--------------------
KayCee

Ccut.jpg.png

Timeline

Miki I love the practice permit tests. I am doing the quiz along with the NY practice tests. The more the merrier :)

STANLEY & KAREN

--------------------
KayCee

Ccut.jpg.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi everyone,

I haven't been on here in a long time- mainly because absolutely no progress has been made with my husband's case. He applied for AOS, EAD, and AP on January 29. We got an RFE and they received the information on March 9. I checked the status online of the AOS and it said that we should hear something within 60 days (which is today). I called a couple weeks ago and the woman told me that only the EAD was out of normal processing times, and I should hear something within 45 days! 45 days??? I'm disheartened because I see the wonderful progress that everyone else is making here, and we've had nothing. My husband needs to work, needs to feel like he has a normal life here...

Has anyone found themself in a similar situation?? Does anyone have any advice? Thank you!

Caity & Angel

Heya Caity & Angel!

well, you aren't all alone for am on the same road you are travelling too!! my hubby and I sent my AOS last 23rd of January 2009 and got an RFE somewhere moth Febuary and did sent the requested RFE last week of Febuary too and got a noticed touch down last March 5! and after that, no news after all!! did tried to check it on USCIS site, and the result was..

"Validation Error(s)

You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:

Your case can not be found at this time in Case Status Online. Please check your receipt number and try again. If you need further assistance please call the National Customer Service Center at 1.800.375.5283.

I-485(**)

I-765(**)"

and then wasn't satistied, did called USCIS last month and my hubby talk to a USCIS Personnel and told him to just "SEAT AND WAIT"! BUT I wasn't satisfied for am starting to worries and really bothers me a lot too! so last week, I did called USCIS again but dang it!! all was just a ####### results for I was answered with an Automated machine and did followed all the intructions and may reciept number couldn't be found!! it pisses me off! I even contacted several friend of mine that been through it and they are now good and still they get the same results when they tried to help me out!! huh! I can't do anything here also! I don't have a normal life too! I felt like really AN ALIEEN!! I felt sick and drepress all the time!! GOD! am so tired of this agony I do have right now!! :crying:

rajemr08

Timeline
Hi everyone,

Caity & Angel

Heya Caity & Angel!

well, you aren't all alone for am on the same road you are travelling too!! my hubby and I sent my AOS last 23rd of January 2009 and got an RFE somewhere moth Febuary and did sent the requested RFE last week of Febuary too and got a noticed touch down last March 5! and after that, no news after all!! did tried to check it on USCIS site, and the result was..

"Validation Error(s)

You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:

Your case can not be found at this time in Case Status Online. Please check your receipt number and try again. If you need further assistance please call the National Customer Service Center at 1.800.375.5283.

and then wasn't satistied, did called USCIS last month and my hubby talk to a USCIS Personnel and told him to just "SEAT AND WAIT"! BUT I wasn't satisfied for am starting to worries and really bothers me a lot too! so last week, I did called USCIS again but dang it!! all was just a ####### results for I was answered with an Automated machine and did followed all the intructions and may reciept number couldn't be found!! it pisses me off! I even contacted several friend of mine that been through it and they are now good and still they get the same results when they tried to help me out!! huh! I can't do anything here also! I don't have a normal life too! I felt like really AN ALIEEN!! I felt sick and drepress all the time!! GOD! am so tired of this agony I do have right now!! :crying:

rajemr08

Why did you show your receipt number?

STANLEY & KAREN

--------------------
KayCee

Ccut.jpg.png

I could not find my posting that I uploaded yesterday about my AOS interview .... so here it is again:

=======================================================================

Dear VJ family members - so we had our AOS interview today at 2:00 PM and my wife was told by the officer that she intended to approve her after reviewing the file one more time to make sure all the paperwork is there.

Here is our experience:

We reached St. Paul USCIS office around 1:25 PM with our two kids. Security check was easy as opposed to what I was expecting considering two little kids. We were told to go to the 3rd floor for interview and we did just that. We gave our interview notification to the receptionist, who told us to go and sit in the waiting area. We were pleasantly surprised as we walked into the waiting area and saw just one couple ahead of us. There was literally nobody in waiting area - not sure if it was Friday afternoon effect or something else. The couple ahead of us was called in as we were settling down with our kids in the waiting area. They were called in by a very nice and smiling officer. We did not why, but that smiling officer made us a little comfortable and relaxed.

We were concerned about how our two little kids would behave during all this process and thankfully the both were at the best behavior - Thank God for that. The couple ahead of us appeared again after their interview and left the office after saying good-bye to the officer who was ushering them out. They looked happy - another encouraging sign for us. And then came our moment of truth - we were called in by the SAME nice and smiling officer for the interview. She said hi to our two daughters and kept the door open for the longest time as we collected our documents, bags, kids toy bags etc. She ushered us in her big nice office and asked us politely to stay standing as she swore us in. She also mentioned that we will be accompanied by an observer - probably a trainee during this process and after few moments the trainee entered and just sat in the corner to observe the whole proceeding.

The officer asked us to give her our IDs. I gave her my driving license and my wife's foreign passport and EAD card. She immediately ripped I-94 from her passport and asked for her social security card as she wanted to write down her SSN on 485 application. She then asked for original birth certificate of our daughters. She then started asking questions from my wife's application:

1- First and last names

2- Address where we live

3- When did she enter the country

4- Was it her first entry ever into U.S.

5- Did she ever leave U.S.

6- Was she ever refused visa or entry to U.S.

She then asked yes/no questions from her I-485 application (ever arrested, ever had problems with immigration etc. etc.). She then asked us if we want to give/show her any other documents to prove our marriage. We gave her our utility bills, joint bank account, joint line of equity. She also requested if she can get a few family pics and we offered her a few pics of our family and folks THAT WAS IT! She told us tha she intended to approve our case after reviewing our file one more time. She kept my wife's I-94 and gave back her EAD card and told us to cut it once she receives her green card. The whole process took no more than 10 minutes.

It was very straightforward and easy. Both of us were SUPER NERVOUS about the interview and prepared for it for the past week or so. I also want to thank all the help, feedback and guidance provided by all VJ family member. THANK YOU VERY MUCH and GOD BLESS!!

Wish all of you the very best of luck in your process.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.