sunnybear

January 2009 AOS Submitters

1,429 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
JANUARY 2009 AOS/EAD/AP JOURNEY

USR NAME           Filed     NOA1      BIOM APT     AOS-TRSFR    EAD     AP     INTRVW   GCRCVD

SteveAndTiff       01-02     01-13     01-27                                    03-25
JulianDavid        01-03     01-08
ThaiStyleUSA       01-05     01-20     02-04
johnichka          01-07     01-13
happy_girl         01-08     01-16     02-17
Andy-n-Maricar     01-08     01-14     02-06
zoharulz           01-08     01-20     01-30 
sj_soulm8ts        01-09     01-14     02-13     
sunnybear          01-09               02-06
Hilkka28586        01-10     01-23     02-09
Barry and Jackie   01-11     02-03     02-26
dbears             01-12     01-20
Levi Heather       01-12     01-22
Maddy20            01-12
EnS                01-12               01-27
BTalley            01-13               01-26
john_dot           01-15     01-23     02-17
c&z                01-15     01-23     02-19
jr&belle           01-16
Eric & Althea      01-19     01-27     02-24
Amy&Xin            01-20     01-28
GloAndCole         01-20     01-28     02-18
LeaAndBen          01-20     01-29     02-27
cwaf               01-20     02-02     02-24
Mikko              01-22     01-30     03-03
Bill and Nicky     01-22     01-28
rajemr2119         01-23     02-07     02-19
janessnroland      01-24     02-09 
Marikiya_dhr       01-26     02-09     02-27
am32               01-26     02-07     02-26
Alex & Rachel      01-27     02-05     02-28
felb               01-27     02-04       
caityrose          01-27     02-06     02-24
missleyte          01-27     02-02     02-20
jlvr               01-28
steveinsandiego    01-28     02-10
shes               01-30

There, updated myself. :)

Updated and congrats be the first Jan filer having appointment! Please let us know how it goes! :thumbs:

I can't for the life of me, find a faster timeline than ours. I wonder what went so right about Tiff's case? Any suggestions?

I hope it goes this fast for all of you as well.

I have no idea what happened to let you guys be the lucky ones but congratulations. It must take so much stress off your shoulders!! If you do ever figure out what you did to get the lucky draw let me know =)

As for my AOS and EAD still not able to track it online, everyday I'm hopeful and everyday nothing. I'm hoping maybe I will get as lucky as Steve and Tiff and magically find a letter in my mailbox.

Hikka28586 ,

USCIS online website is not reliabe at all. I'm the sample already got my K1 done but on my profile it shows its STILL processing! According to your timeline, I bet you will have you magic letter very soon! Let us all fingers crossed! :star:

I had done biometric on FEB 7th. But until now, I wasn't able to track my I-485 online. Any idea, suggestion? Is that strange ?

Welcome to Jan filer thread! USCIS is always strange, you never know what will come next. Better check your mailbox than rely on your profile on USCIS. Good luck for your process! :thumbs:

Just went for infopass on the RFE for my daughter's case which we have not received yet. They said they can't pull out RFEs in their system, the only office who can do that is the office holding our case. They advised us to write a request letter to Missouri center to resend the RFE letter and also told my husband to get our congressman involved by asking them to place a congressional inquiry about the RFE.

I called the 1-800 service center number after we got home from the infopass and the 1st person I talked to said that she can't find any status information for my case and my son's case, only my daughter's case can be located in their system (in the system she was using) and she then place a request to resend the RFE letter, she said she can't do anything for the other 2 cases (mine and my son's). Then, she transfered me to another person who can check my case and my son's case. The second person was able to locate my case but said there was no RFE request for my case, she was in the process of trying to locate my son's case when I was cut off. I called again and went through the whole process again, so on to the 3rd person. The 3rd person I talked to was able to check on my case and my son's case and said there was no RFEs for the 2 cases so I had her check my daughter's case and she said the Request for Initial/Additional Evidence was cancelled for my daughter's case so we will not be getting any RFE for any of the 3 cases. I asked again for biometrics and she said we just have to give it some more time.

I don't know if I am supposed to be relieved or not. I checked online again and it still says my daughter's case is placed on hold due to RFE, but then again the online case status is very unreliable.... but so are the call center agents in the 1-800 service center line... :unsure: .. I am simply lost right now.

Dbears,

I'm very sorry that you and you kids have to go through this mess. I got my letter within 7 days when I had my RFE for the K1, I'm not sure whats going on with your cases but seems like they have made lots of mistake. Right now nothing you can do but for me I would def. call them everyday to check if everything is ok. I believe you dun have any RFE which is a very good news, at the same time I hope you guys can get your biometric appointment very soon. I understand how anxious it is when you guys seems left behind compare to others. But please dun lose you hope and at least you got your RFE issue cleared out. I'm praying for you and your family have the speedy one. Please keep us updated how it goes. :star:

I have a question for the people who did their biometrics appointment. When I was done with a picture and fingerprints, the woman didn't say anything to me, so I figured that everything is done and instead of going to the direction with the sign "exit", I went to the direction where my husband was sitting and waiting for me... So now I am curious if I completed everything correctly... and If I missed something afterwards.....I have my biometrics appointment letter with a stamp. Did I miss something? Thanks for the answer!

Happy_girl,

You are fine and good to go, now just kick back and relax for the rest of the process! :thumbs:

For my update, I went to biometric today and I had my passport, appointment letter and marriage license (I use married name to apply my applications). I was told to fill out the form and submit to the receptionist. There was no line and everyone were very friendly there. I was amazed by their fingerprint system and joked that I felt like I'm in one of the CSI show. It was easy and took us less than 15 mins to finish the whole process.

Looking forward to see some more Jan filers for biometrics and of cuz that magic appointment letter. Hopefully we all are as lucky as SteveAndTiff for the speedy one!

Cheers,

Glo

Edited by GloAndCole

Jan 15th 2011: Time for Round 3~

2011-01-31:Taking my sweet time to send out my ROC package via USPS express..I'm sloooow

2011-02-02 :Delivered and signed by M Casey (Day 1)

2011-02-04 :Cash checked (Day 3)

2011-02-11 :Received NOA 1 dated 2/2 (Day 10)

2011-03-01 :Biometrics(Day 28)

2011-03-30 :ROC approved (Day 57)

2011-04-04 :Card Received (Day 62)

eNortjKzUjI0MjY0N1SyBlwwFV8CzA,,52.png

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news!!!! We just got a notice stating they are transferring our case for faster processing dated 12th February 2009!!!!!! Yahooooooooooo!!!! Hopefully this will mean no interview, but I know this is not always the case. :dance:

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Albuquerque NM

Date Filed : 2009-01-11

NOA Date : 2009-02-03

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2009-02-26 for I485 & I765

AOS Transfer** : 2009-02-12

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved : 2009-04-27 (Never received approval notification)

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received:2009-04-27

Employment Authorisation

CIS Office : Albuquerque NM

Filing Method : Mail

Filing Instance : First

Date Filed : 2009-01-11

NOA Date : 2009-02-03

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2009-02-26

Approved Date :2009-04-08

Lifting Conditions

Event Date

CIS Office :Vermont Service Center

Date Filed :2011-02-05

NOA Date :

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. :2001-03-25

Interview Date : N/A

Approval / Denial Date :2011-07-28

Approved :Yes

Got I551 Stamp :

Green Card Received :

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello everyone. No new updates on our cases (wife's and step-daughter's). I mailed back the required information for the RFE's and they were received on Friday. According to the online status, none of our cases have been touched since Feb 3rd, so they have not yet processed my new information. Our biometrics are scheduled for next week--Feb 24th--so things are on course for us. :thumbs:

Jan 26, 2012...mailed N-400 for wife

Feb 2, 2012..check cashed

Feb 3, 2012 NOA email and text message

Feb 7, 2012 NOA hard copy in mail

March 14, 2012 email stating in line for interview scheduling

March 15, 2012 email stating the interview was scheduled and we should be receiving the letter

3-17 interview letter in the mail--scheudled for 4-19-12

4-19 Wife passed interview! Oath to be scheduled

5-24 Oath ceremony! new US citizen

Had my Biometrics today. Brought in appointment letter, passport and marriage cert (used married name on AOS forms). We left early wanting to avoid the city traffic but ended up arriving an hour early. They still let me in right away and everything was done in less than 10 minutes :star: Now just waiting for them to process my RFE response...

Just went for infopass on the RFE for my daughter's case which we have not received yet. They said they can't pull out RFEs in their system, the only office who can do that is the office holding our case. They advised us to write a request letter to Missouri center to resend the RFE letter and also told my husband to get our congressman involved by asking them to place a congressional inquiry about the RFE.

I called the 1-800 service center number after we got home from the infopass and the 1st person I talked to said that she can't find any status information for my case and my son's case, only my daughter's case can be located in their system (in the system she was using) and she then place a request to resend the RFE letter, she said she can't do anything for the other 2 cases (mine and my son's). Then, she transfered me to another person who can check my case and my son's case. The second person was able to locate my case but said there was no RFE request for my case, she was in the process of trying to locate my son's case when I was cut off. I called again and went through the whole process again, so on to the 3rd person. The 3rd person I talked to was able to check on my case and my son's case and said there was no RFEs for the 2 cases so I had her check my daughter's case and she said the Request for Initial/Additional Evidence was cancelled for my daughter's case so we will not be getting any RFE for any of the 3 cases. I asked again for biometrics and she said we just have to give it some more time.

I don't know if I am supposed to be relieved or not. I checked online again and it still says my daughter's case is placed on hold due to RFE, but then again the online case status is very unreliable.... but so are the call center agents in the 1-800 service center line... :unsure: .. I am simply lost right now.

Sorry to hear they couldn't give you a straight answer, dbears. It does sound like you don't have any RFEs for your case or your children's though :thumbs: I wouldn't worry about the online case status - somehow I don't think it's always up-to-date especially after reading about several people who have received their visas/green cards and their online case status still says pending (just like in GloAndCole's case) :rolleyes: I'm sure you've already done it, but double check that the case numbers are the ones on your NOA hard copies. The first time I tried to check my case status online was when our cheques were cashed so I tried entering the case numbers on the back of the cheques and one of them turned out to be someone else's case :unsure: But the case numbers on my NOA hard copies matched up.

If you're still worried, it might be worth having your husband place that suggested congressional inquiry about the RFE. Hope you get your biometrics letters soon too!

Met, married, immigrated

Remove conditions 20110116

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline
Hi, Steve&Tiff,

Did you send the tax return of 2008? We got two RFE asking for that. I was bummed by that for a few days.

SteveandTiff, congtratulations on your smooth and quick process! :dance: However, I don't think that any of the factors described by you could have that much of an influence. We also filled out all the forms very accurately and attached all possible supporting documents. I also remember that when I was waiting for my fiancee visa, it surprised me that some people with previous marriages, not big income or even criminal records were able to get approved by USCIS much faster than us, even though we seemed to have much better background: no marriages, no criminal records, etc. I guess the same is with this AOS process - to some extent it's the matter of luck and what immigration officer gets your case (human factor). Sometimes you can just be unlucky and your case might be burried in the pile of other cases on somebody's desk... And another big thing is what state and local office you belong to. Most often the states that have bigger number of immigrants are busier than the others, and of course have longer waiting time for the interview. I don't know what state you are from but it looks like you were both lucky and your local office has shorter processing time. Anyway, whatever reason it is, congratulation once again and good luck at the interview! (F)

Thanks Juli and Dave, I just provided all that info in hopes of guiding new filers, as well as providing our background for reference. May be it will help others with a smooth journey.

I live in NYC, so may be there goes the idea of not being in an area with a busy local office? However, my case is in MSC. <shrugs> I don't know, but I'm not complaining. And I wish everyone a speedy process. Talk soon.

Hi amy and Xin, I did not send the tax return for 2008, since I haven't filed. I did send the last 3 years Tax returns. I suggest you do the same, and include a brief letter explaining that you haven't filed 2008 tax returns yet.

I will have the 2008 return to show them when I go to the interview.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi guys, i am done with my BIOMETRICS today@2pm, didn't took me long just 15 mins max and then I am free to go home.. the USCIS Officer was so nice and friendly!!

but i had only one thing that I don't like, I am not allowed to smile when they took my pics!! :crying::crying: I do wanted to look good on my GC pic but I guess

i have to deal with it that I look like a dead on it! i don't like wear make ups and I just put lipgloss!! :crying::crying: well anyways, am done and my hubby is still

working on the RFE that really concerns on him!! and I have one friend @ dayton, she told me that her GC was been approved with out INTERVIEW! horay!! :thumbs::thumbs:

just wanna share this with you my co VJ memebers..

:thumbs: to all of us and BREAK A LEG on our visa journey!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
Hi, Steve&Tiff,

Did you send the tax return of 2008? We got two RFE asking for that. I was bummed by that for a few days.

SteveandTiff, congtratulations on your smooth and quick process! :dance: However, I don't think that any of the factors described by you could have that much of an influence. We also filled out all the forms very accurately and attached all possible supporting documents. I also remember that when I was waiting for my fiancee visa, it surprised me that some people with previous marriages, not big income or even criminal records were able to get approved by USCIS much faster than us, even though we seemed to have much better background: no marriages, no criminal records, etc. I guess the same is with this AOS process - to some extent it's the matter of luck and what immigration officer gets your case (human factor). Sometimes you can just be unlucky and your case might be burried in the pile of other cases on somebody's desk... And another big thing is what state and local office you belong to. Most often the states that have bigger number of immigrants are busier than the others, and of course have longer waiting time for the interview. I don't know what state you are from but it looks like you were both lucky and your local office has shorter processing time. Anyway, whatever reason it is, congratulation once again and good luck at the interview! (F)

Thanks Juli and Dave, I just provided all that info in hopes of guiding new filers, as well as providing our background for reference. May be it will help others with a smooth journey.

I live in NYC, so may be there goes the idea of not being in an area with a busy local office? However, my case is in MSC. <shrugs> I don't know, but I'm not complaining. And I wish everyone a speedy process. Talk soon.

Hi amy and Xin, I did not send the tax return for 2008, since I haven't filed. I did send the last 3 years Tax returns. I suggest you do the same, and include a brief letter explaining that you haven't filed 2008 tax returns yet.

Well, we already sent our past 3 years tax return in the original package. I don't know why I got this RFE again. So we filed the tax for 2008. and sent them to USCIS.

Love is powerful!

Xin&Amy

11/28/2008 --- married in vegas

1/20/2009 --- filed i130/485/131/765

1/21/2009 --- delivered

1/28/2009 --- check cashed

1/31/2009 --- received receipts of i130/485/131/765

2/6/2009 --- RFE received, requesting more tax forms.

2/10/2009 --- did the bio

2/18/2009 --- RFE replied

3/20/2009 --- received email approval from CRIS for my AP. received interview notice and it is scheduled on April 22nd.

3/25/2009 --- received email from CRIS for "EAD card production ordered"

3/27/2009 --- received AP in mail. Why is Robert M. Coman's name on top of my photo?

3/30/2009 --- received EAD in mail.

4/22/2009 --- interview date. We were approved!

4/25/2009 --- welcome letters received

5/4/2009 --- received the greed card in mail, good till 4/22/2011.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Just a note to update our timeline.

Our biometrics is scheduled for Feb 24th.

So far, no RFE's. :dance:

K-1

I-129F Sent : 02-21-2008

I-129F NOA1 : 02-25-2008

I-129F RFE(s) : none

I-129F NOA2 : 07-14-2008

NVC Received : 07-18-2008

NVC Left : 07-23-2008

P2 arrives Guangzhou Customs: 07-26-2008

Consulate Receives: 09-09-2008

Packet 3 Sent : 10-02-2008

Packet 3 Received : 10-18-2008

Packet 4 Received : 10-30-2008

Interview Date : 11-26-2008

Visa Received : 12-2-2008

US Entry : 12-3-2008

Marriage : 12-12-2008

AOS

I-485 package mailed : 1-28-2009

NOA received: 2-10-2009

Biometrics: 2-14-2009

Interview: 5-13-2009

Green card received: x-xx-xxxx

Timeline
Hi, Steve&Tiff,

Well, we already sent our past 3 years tax return in the original package. I don't know why I got this RFE again. So we filed the tax for 2008. and sent them to USCIS.

Amy & Xin,

For my AOS, we have sent my hubby's 2 years tax return, employment letter, 3 recent pay checks breakdown and bank statement for the proof just in case they will give us RFE.

Glo

Edited by GloAndCole

2011-01-31:Taking my sweet time to send out my ROC package via USPS express..I'm sloooow

Timeline

USR NAME           Filed     NOA1      BIOM APT     AOS-TRSFR    EAD     AP     INTRVW   GCRCVD

SteveAndTiff       01-02     01-13     01-27                                    03-25
Maddy20            01-12
jr&belle           01-16
felb               01-27     02-04       
jlvr               01-28
steveinsandiego    01-28     02-10     02-24
shes               01-30

Updated and congrats steveinsandiego for the biometrics!

Glo

Maddy20            01-12
jr&belle           01-16
felb               01-27     02-04     03-06       
jlvr               01-28
shes               01-30

ROC mailed to USCIS -- June 10, 2011

ROC approved -- November 1, 2011

finally free of USCIS paperwork!

japan, japan! sagot sa kahirapan!

smswp8wx7d.png

Filed: Timeline

Biometrics letter today 2/21/2009 Bio actual date 3-17-2009 Raleigh, NC

Thanks

Roland

Maddy20            01-12
jr&belle           01-16
janessnroland      01-24     02-09     03-17
felb               01-27     02-04     03-06       
jlvr               01-28
shes               01-30

roland

My reason for asking is a long story, but would someone be kind enough to post the return address that appears on the envelope containing the first NOA--i.e., the receipt notice after the Chicago lockbox processes your I-485 application?

Also, when you file the I-765 and I-131 together with the I-485, do you receive three separate envelopes?

Thank you very much for your help!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
My reason for asking is a long story, but would someone be kind enough to post the return address that appears on the envelope containing the first NOA--i.e., the receipt notice after the Chicago lockbox processes your I-485 application?

Also, when you file the I-765 and I-131 together with the I-485, do you receive three separate envelopes?

[b]hi there,

here is mine.. U.S. CITIZENSHIP and IMMIGRATION SERVICES

P. O. BOX 648005

LEE'S SUMMIT, MO 64002.. this is the returning address that appears on my envelop.. it comes only on one envelop, contains of it is my NOA for my working permit, travel permit and I-797(AOS) and my boimetrics

schedule.. all four in one envelope!! HOPE this help yah?! :thumbs: to all of US!![/b]

[b]hi there,

here is mine.. U.S. CITIZENSHIP and IMMIGRATION SERVICES

P. O. BOX 648005

LEE'S SUMMIT, MO 64002.. this is the returning address that appears on my envelop.. it comes only on one envelop, contains of it is my NOA for my working permit, travel permit and I-797(AOS) and my boimetrics

schedule.. all four in one envelope!! HOPE this help yah?! :thumbs: to all of US!![/b]

Thanks!! For people who received only the NOA1 in the envelope, not the biometrics appointment notice as well, was the return address the same as above?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.