chiquita

VISA DENIED 2ND TIME!!!

206 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

This is just awful!!!!! Is the petition still in Casablanca and if so, may-be this lady can go sit in her cngressman's office while he talks with the consulate about what happened here. At least they can not

use that lame excuse of what she does or does not believe. She or the consulate general will have to give facts they have based this second denial on. The congressman can at least punch holes in all these unclear

denials. To know what was written is so important but of the laws governing all these mess!!!!!!!!!!

Karen H

This is just awful!!!!! Is the petition still in Casablanca and if so, may-be this lady can go sit in her cngressman's office while he talks with the consulate about what happened here. At least they can not

use that lame excuse of what she does or does not believe. She or the consulate general will have to give facts they have based this second denial on. The congressman can at least punch holes in all these unclear

denials. To know what was written is so important but of the laws governing all these mess!!!!!!!!!!

Karen H

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Did they specifically indicate that the denial was because that she is older than he is? My husband, who is also in Morocco, was told by a friend that he was denied because his wife is much oder than he is. I'm also quite a bit older than my husband, so I was very concerned to hear of this. I called the embassy in Rabat and the USCIS to ask if that was a valid basis for denial. They said it is not and that there must be more to it.

Later, the couple involved was told that the denial was because they hadn't had a wedding. Well, we didn't have a wedding either, but this is my second marriage, and I didn't have a wedding the first time, as well. So, now we've got a big age gap and no wedding . . . bummer!

I suppose that they have to have something to go by for evidence, especially when the couple is living apart. But the process seems to allow for the interjection of stereotypes and personal prejudices. I know several interracial marriages that sailed thru immigration, so they don't seem to care about race. I know lots of them where the man was much older than the woman, so that seems to be ok. Who knows?

Anyway, enough rambling. Don't be surprised if they come back with some other excuse for the denial. In the meantime, your friend should contact their representatives in Congress. With all the haranging about immigration in the news, legislators are becoming very sensitive to legal applicants because they don't want to be viewed as hypocrites if they support amnesty for illegals or as two-faced if they don't.

Okay, to deny a visa because they didn't have a wedding party is just plain stupid. I didn't have one either. Why? It took so long to get the approval that we didn't get married until the Friday before I left at 2:00. It was Ramadan and the whole thing was just plain difficult. We got married on a friday, left with his family to Marrakech on Satuday, which was already the plan, came back on Monday and flew home on tuesday. Even if we hadn't gone to Marrakech we couldn't have planned a wedding that fast.

One other point to make on this, I didn't have a wedding reception on my first wedding as well. We went to Vegas and got married. I had 4 kids with this man and was married for 15 years. Using their logic that marriage wasn't real as well. What does a party have to do with a real marriage????

Idiots!

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Did they specifically indicate that the denial was because that she is older than he is? My husband, who is also in Morocco, was told by a friend that he was denied because his wife is much oder than he is. I'm also quite a bit older than my husband, so I was very concerned to hear of this. I called the embassy in Rabat and the USCIS to ask if that was a valid basis for denial. They said it is not and that there must be more to it.

Later, the couple involved was told that the denial was because they hadn't had a wedding. Well, we didn't have a wedding either, but this is my second marriage, and I didn't have a wedding the first time, as well. So, now we've got a big age gap and no wedding . . . bummer!

I suppose that they have to have something to go by for evidence, especially when the couple is living apart. But the process seems to allow for the interjection of stereotypes and personal prejudices. I know several interracial marriages that sailed thru immigration, so they don't seem to care about race. I know lots of them where the man was much older than the woman, so that seems to be ok. Who knows?

Anyway, enough rambling. Don't be surprised if they come back with some other excuse for the denial. In the meantime, your friend should contact their representatives in Congress. With all the haranging about immigration in the news, legislators are becoming very sensitive to legal applicants because they don't want to be viewed as hypocrites if they support amnesty for illegals or as two-faced if they don't.

Like I just posted, the CO said she does not believe the husband loves the wife, he only wants a green card.

There are many many couples denied visas in Morocco when the women is older. I am one of them!!! So is my friend. There are quite a few of us. If you beleive what Rabat says, then please call them back and ask them why Casa denies most of these couples??? It started happening in 05. The reason given? "Denied due to the validity of the relationship".

Denial because of no wedding??? Where is the law that says one has to have a wedding for a valid relationship???

My husband had a 5 minute interview wherein the CO said "I need more info from America" making my husband think our file was not complete and he just needed to get some paperwork form the NVC. Liar. Our case has since been reaffirmed by CIS. My friend suffered the same fate and her case was reaffrimed as well.

We both had lots of proof of our relationships. The problem was the CO didn't want to see it. The CO just denied the visa and returned the case saying we did not establish a valid relationship.

So now we are at my friends second interview after proving to CIS that she and her husband have a real marriage and still they get the run around from Casa!!!!!!!

:angry:

In Morocco the specific concern is fraud.

It is true that a large age gap is a red flag, but the CO must take into consideration all evidence that is put forth. In many cases, Casa is not doing that. They do have challenges to face considering they are a high fraud post, but they are not handling them in the proper way.

I understand that. But they must have proof of fraud. This case was deneid last year (K3) reaffirmed by CIS and sent back to DOS to take action on...ie issue visa and yet Casa once again says...we don't believe it!!!

The CO MUST??????? The CO does what they want!!! Not only does the CO have the first set of evidence form the couple they have the evidence sent in from CIS and more collected from the couple since then.

This now is regarding an immigrant case which just can't be sent back, it must be shown why they won't issue the visa.

It seems the key to get through this process as smoothly as possible is building an extremely strong case. It takes a lot of forethought, which sometimes is just not possible, but I think almost every couple has a "red flag" or 2. I think if you're able to anticipate those and provide enough support to show they are not issues, then they are no longer viewed as such. This case being discussed in this thread is heart breaking and I pray they can find a way through this.

You know, we had not planned on having a big wing-ding wedding. We are quiet simple people and just want the ceremony for what it is. But we are left feeling we must make a bigger deal out of it then we want to just have to the darn PROOF to present when needed. Love is a difficult thing to prove on paper... grrr.

I can't imgine having CIS reaffirm the case can be any stronger. They provided all the proof and still the CO says she doesn't believe he loves her. This is just her personal opinion, not a fact.

I am sure everything said here are all true BUT you must know it is traditional to have a Moroccan wedding with the family as a celebration. It is a way to prove you are married with family and friends at Morocco. My husband and I married at Morocco, we are both very simple muslim people BUT we still had a simple traditional wedding with family and friends of family to acknowledge our marriage to many people. I am sure this is what the CO had in mind because they know it is traditional at Morocco. Even if we are simple people it should have been preformed this way to make all family and friends know the marriage was accomplished. You should have photos for proofs as well.

Just my thoughts on this.

Khadija

Okay, to deny a visa because they didn't have a wedding party is just plain stupid. I didn't have one either. Why? It took so long to get the approval that we didn't get married until the Friday before I left at 2:00. It was Ramadan and the whole thing was just plain difficult. We got married on a friday, left with his family to Marrakech on Satuday, which was already the plan, came back on Monday and flew home on tuesday. Even if we hadn't gone to Marrakech we couldn't have planned a wedding that fast.

One other point to make on this, I didn't have a wedding reception on my first wedding as well. We went to Vegas and got married. I had 4 kids with this man and was married for 15 years. Using their logic that marriage wasn't real as well. What does a party have to do with a real marriage????

Idiots!

I'm sorry if you think they are idiots actually they are not, CO know exactly what to look for to determine if marriages are fraud or not. Not saying yours or mine or anyone here have fraud marriage so dont get me wrong. Its a big thing and traditional at Maroc all people there know this well. If you didnt take the time to have a small celebration with family and friends there then this is why CO feels its fraud marriage(s). Also, as muslim we do a celebration as well here in america because it is a way to tell all people, friends we are married and making a announcement as happy ocassion. This is part of Islam to us muslim people.

My thoughts

Khadija

Timeline

I AGREE!!!

One can marry here in the states by a judge and have nothing more yet they are legally married. It is the custom here to have a huge expensive wedding too, but many do not. Are these couples any less married??

Idiots!

098bdb652297eb8af8222ef77903ebf5.gif

.png

Married in 04

"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections."

chiqa.jpg

Timeline
This is really pissing me off! Okay, so tell me. Was the I-130 or the I-129F re-affirmed? I don't think they can send it back to the CIS a second time, but if it was the other one I bet they can. Just another stupid loop hole.

The first denial was for the K3, this last one was for I-130 (CR-1 should be IR1 since they have been married over 2 years now).

The K3 is no good once denied and returned to America, then on the CIS deals only with the I-130 which was REAFFIRMED and sent back to DOS for action.

Her husband interviewed with the reaffrimed I-130.

She sent an e mail early this morning and got a response right back!! They wrote:

Dear Madam,

Thank you for your email inquiry. Your I-129f petition has been returned to the Department of Homeland Security's Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for further review. Please contact the USCIS National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 (1-800-767-1833 for TTY calls) for additional information about your petition.

Now how stupid is that?????????? Her husband interviewed for the immigrant I-130 not the non-immigrant I-129!!! I told her to write back and let them know. I also told her to call them right away too.

OMGosh how much more can we all take???

I was hoping to get a few pointers on what to do to help her. I see I have much research to do today.

chi

.png

Married in 04

"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections."

chiqa.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Like I just posted, the CO said she does not believe the husband loves the wife, he only wants a green card.

There are many many couples denied visas in Morocco when the women is older. I am one of them!!! So is my friend. There are quite a few of us. If you beleive what Rabat says, then please call them back and ask them why Casa denies most of these couples??? It started happening in 05. The reason given? "Denied due to the validity of the relationship".

Denial because of no wedding??? Where is the law that says one has to have a wedding for a valid relationship???

My husband had a 5 minute interview wherein the CO said "I need more info from America" making my husband think our file was not complete and he just needed to get some paperwork form the NVC. Liar. Our case has since been reaffirmed by CIS. My friend suffered the same fate and her case was reaffrimed as well.

We both had lots of proof of our relationships. The problem was the CO didn't want to see it. The CO just denied the visa and returned the case saying we did not establish a valid relationship.

So now we are at my friends second interview after proving to CIS that she and her husband have a real marriage and still they get the run around from Casa!!!!!!!

:angry:

In Morocco the specific concern is fraud.

It is true that a large age gap is a red flag, but the CO must take into consideration all evidence that is put forth. In many cases, Casa is not doing that. They do have challenges to face considering they are a high fraud post, but they are not handling them in the proper way.

I understand that. But they must have proof of fraud. This case was deneid last year (K3) reaffirmed by CIS and sent back to DOS to take action on...ie issue visa and yet Casa once again says...we don't believe it!!!

The CO MUST??????? The CO does what they want!!! Not only does the CO have the first set of evidence form the couple they have the evidence sent in from CIS and more collected from the couple since then.

This now is regarding an immigrant case which just can't be sent back, it must be shown why they won't issue the visa.

It seems the key to get through this process as smoothly as possible is building an extremely strong case. It takes a lot of forethought, which sometimes is just not possible, but I think almost every couple has a "red flag" or 2. I think if you're able to anticipate those and provide enough support to show they are not issues, then they are no longer viewed as such. This case being discussed in this thread is heart breaking and I pray they can find a way through this.

You know, we had not planned on having a big wing-ding wedding. We are quiet simple people and just want the ceremony for what it is. But we are left feeling we must make a bigger deal out of it then we want to just have to the darn PROOF to present when needed. Love is a difficult thing to prove on paper... grrr.

I can't imgine having CIS reaffirm the case can be any stronger. They provided all the proof and still the CO says she doesn't believe he loves her. This is just her personal opinion, not a fact.

I am sure everything said here are all true BUT you must know it is traditional to have a Moroccan wedding with the family as a celebration. It is a way to prove you are married with family and friends at Morocco. My husband and I married at Morocco, we are both very simple muslim people BUT we still had a simple traditional wedding with family and friends of family to acknowledge our marriage to many people. I am sure this is what the CO had in mind because they know it is traditional at Morocco. Even if we are simple people it should have been preformed this way to make all family and friends know the marriage was accomplished. You should have photos for proofs as well.

Just my thoughts on this.

Khadija

Idiots!

I'm sorry if you think they are idiots actually they are not, CO know exactly what to look for to determine if marriages are fraud or not. Not saying yours or mine or anyone here have fraud marriage so dont get me wrong. Its a big thing and traditional at Maroc all people there know this well. If you didnt take the time to have a small celebration with family and friends there then this is why CO feels its fraud marriage(s). Also, as muslim we do a celebration as well here in america because it is a way to tell all people, friends we are married and making a announcement as happy ocassion. This is part of Islam to us muslim people.

My thoughts

Khadija

I wasn't raised Muslim, and a party isn't that important to me. In the US the main reason we have receptions is to give gifts to the couple just starting out. What could I possibly need? I don't know those people in Morocco other than his family and a couple of his friends. I would feel very uncomfortable with a bunch of strangers that I can't even converse with. How come they feel it is important to look at only the muslim tradition and culture? What about asking why they didn't have a party? They should have at least asked.

Lets not forget as Americans we have a very lousy vacation system. We don't have the ability to take off a couple of months of work to get married and have a party. Shouldn't this count for something?

I still say they are idiots. We are talking a mixed culture marriage. Times change, and one thing important to one is not necessarily important to another. This isn't a valid reason for a denial, its just another opinion.

In fact, if these people were trying to get a green card wouldn't they have already done their research and found out that these are the things the consulate looks for? Then they would make sure they followed everthing.

This is really pissing me off! Okay, so tell me. Was the I-130 or the I-129F re-affirmed? I don't think they can send it back to the CIS a second time, but if it was the other one I bet they can. Just another stupid loop hole.

The first denial was for the K3, this last one was for I-130 (CR-1 should be IR1 since they have been married over 2 years now).

The K3 is no good once denied and returned to America, then on the CIS deals only with the I-130 which was REAFFIRMED and sent back to DOS for action.

Her husband interviewed with the reaffrimed I-130.

She sent an e mail early this morning and got a response right back!! They wrote:

Dear Madam,

Thank you for your email inquiry. Your I-129f petition has been returned to the Department of Homeland Security's Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for further review. Please contact the USCIS National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 (1-800-767-1833 for TTY calls) for additional information about your petition.

Now how stupid is that?????????? Her husband interviewed for the immigrant I-130 not the non-immigrant I-129!!! I told her to write back and let them know. I also told her to call them right away too.

OMGosh how much more can we all take???

I was hoping to get a few pointers on what to do to help her. I see I have much research to do today.

chi

I wish I had some input for you, but this just blows my mind. Once the CIS sees it again they will send it back to Casa and tell them to issue the visa. The problem here isn't will they get the visa but when. This is just a stall tactic. The problem is that it will be months before the CIS has time to even look at it. Please tell your freind I am so sorry.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline

Karen H

Karen H

I honestly don't think the CO has any rules or laws to follow. They are like an island unto themselves.

Her senator is checking into the most recent situation Karen and I am hoping there is a mistake. I just need to research the policy for I-130's. I want to giver her the info to fight this.

Does anyone have the number to the embassy in Rabat? Maybe if she called ther it will help.

chi

.png

Married in 04

chiqa.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Karen H

Karen H

I honestly don't think the CO has any rules or laws to follow. They are like an island unto themselves.

Her senator is checking into the most recent situation Karen and I am hoping there is a mistake. I just need to research the policy for I-130's. I want to giver her the info to fight this.

Does anyone have the number to the embassy in Rabat? Maybe if she called ther it will help.

chi

The CO most certainly does have laws to follow... there was a link somewhere on this post about a month or so back written by a lawyer addressing just this. Does anyone here have it? It's on my old browser and I can't get to it right now.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Chi, this is my thinking remember Mary and Atif, and she went to the congressman's office. She got results.

You, see there you can be on 3 way to the consulates office, while the inquiries are being made. Things may be able to get resolved when you are dealing with the facts in the matter and not personal opinion.

Just a thought.

Karen H.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

This just breaks my heart for your friend. I hope she keeps fighting this. It just amazes me. There must be a requirement to be cold and heartless in their job description at Casa. I pray they get this resolved and are together soon.

Meriem (F)

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Khadiah said:

I spent a lot of time in Morocco before I married a Moroccan, and I know LOTS of couples who didn't have a "traditional wedding". Hecks, lots of people all over the world don't have "traditional weddings". I'm Muslim too, and I know lots of Muslims who have very simple nikahs. In fact, there are ahadith that tell us this is proper to do because to do otherwise is a waste of money that one could use to give alms.

We had a small family reception, and like someone mentioned before, we married just before I left. We registered at the adoul in Sale at 7pm and I was on a plane alone in Casa the next morning to leave at 9:30 am! We barely had time to sleep, much less to throw a fete! The rush was because the judge was trying to find any excuse to mot allow us to marry in the first place and we were down to the wire by the time our newly-hired attorney was able to convince him that if the US Embassy had validated my divorce ( a requirement), then why wouldn't he accept their word, if not my divorce decree. We did have a honeymoon in May this year.

Chi, this is my thinking remember Mary and Atif, and she went to the congressman's office. She got results.

That's what I recommend. It does get attention!

I have more to say re this issue, including how the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) married a woman in her forties when he was 25 and remained with her for a quarter century until her death, so we are no means a precedent. But time is short. Insha'allah, I'll be back this evening.

Salaam

Edited by szsz

Timeline
Khadiah said:

I spent a lot of time in Morocco before I married a Moroccan, and I know LOTS of couples who didn't have a "traditional wedding". Hecks, lots of people all over the world don't have "traditional weddings". I'm Muslim too, and I know lots of Muslims who have very simple nikahs. In fact, there are ahadith that tell us this is proper to do because to do otherwise is a waste of money that one could use to give alms.

We had a small family reception, and like someone mentioned before, we married just before I left. We registered at the adoul in Sale at 7pm and I was on a plane alone in Casa the next morning to leave at 9:30 am! We barely had time to sleep, much less to throw a fete! The rush was because the judge was trying to find any excuse to mot allow us to marry in the first place and we were down to the wire by the time our newly-hired attorney was able to convince him that if the US Embassy had validated my divorce ( a requirement), then why wouldn't he accept their word, if not my divorce decree. We did have a honeymoon in May this year.

That's what I recommend. It does get attention!

I have more to say re this issue, including how the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) married a woman in her forties when he was 25 and remained with her for a quarter century until her death, so we are no means a precedent. But time is short. Insha'allah, I'll be back this evening.

Salaam

Thanks for your imput. I am sure it is a stall tactic. Nonetheless they need help asap!! She notified her reps the day of the interview and is hoping to hear back from them today.

chi

.png

Married in 04

chiqa.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

szsz (Miraj I am guessing), not to throw the topic off track, but isn't your husband Egyptian?

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
szsz (Miraj I am guessing), not to throw the topic off track, but isn't your husband Egyptian?

Good catch, rahma! :P I'm not Miraj, tho. I'm her cousin, the one who got married in Rabat last year. She has spoken of our marriage hassles in her posts, like how I was advised not to mention to the judge that I'm Muslim AND American because they would hold the papers up for a long time insisting on conversion papers that I don't have (hint to those of you who don't know that). I don't post there, but I read it sometimes. I learned of this website from one of your posts, and, altho we have plenty of legal assistance, I thought I would post anyway just to be helpful. Thanks for that info, btw. More folks could be helped by this site. It's really great!

I'm cuter than Miraj, lol!

Edited by szsz

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.