one...two...tree

When a Woman Isn't In the Mood: Part II

67 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hmm... I'm as pro-women's rights as the next girl but IME there are times when I was maybe tired or not 100% in the mood but after a while got into it.... got REALLY into it.....sometimes the engine just needs some time to warm up :devil:

Maybe this guy doesn't give his wife enough foreplay, or even better, 'choreplay'... a tired woman is not a sexy woman.

thkirby-1.gifpetblink46.gif
BuddhaEyesGlobe.gif1433707c1j51myzp6.gif

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

To me it's like exercise. You don't really wanna do it but you know once you're half way into it you'll get that second wind and you'll feel so much better after. Just do it.

Hmm... I'm as pro-women's rights as the next girl but IME there are times when I was maybe tired or not 100% in the mood but after a while got into it.... got REALLY into it.....sometimes the engine just needs some time to warm up :devil:

Maybe this guy doesn't give his wife enough foreplay, or even better, 'choreplay'... a tired woman is not a sexy woman.

:thumbs:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I believe That you dont have to BE in the mood BUT can always GET in the mood...Your married..sex and intimacy is part of BEING married...If you dont want sex then DONT get married or see a doctor why you dont want it.

:thumbs::dance:

1000718m.th.jpg

07/15/08[/font] Sent off I 129F

07/17/08 Arrived and picked up by CSC

07/25/08 NOA-1 FINALLY!!!!

07/31/08 CHECK WAS CASHED!

07/28/08 touched!!

12/08/08 NOA2 FINALLY!

12/13/08 NOA2 received in the mail

12/18/08 Called NVC at (603)334-0700 and talked to a nice lady named Rose. Our case was received on the13th and was sent out to sydney...WE WILL SEE!

12/13/08 NVC received letter and said they sent out to Sydney

12/18/08 received letter in the mail from NVC.

12/19/08 another letter from NVC stating it was shipped out

12/24/08 ARRIVED IN SYDNEY at 10:26 am and signed by tom

12/29/08 CONFIRMED it is at Sydney and Good ol Tom did sign for it LOL THANKS TOM!!

12/29/08 Sydney waiting for paper file from nvc and has it requested

12/31/08 Sydney confirmed through email that the paper file was received

01/05/09 His police checks are done and sent off!!

01/28/09 Kai went to his medicals forgot one of his passport pics and needs two more shots all was good!

2/18/09 medicals ready to be picked

2/20/09 packet 3 sent in

2/26/09 pkt 3 received today takes UP to 10 days

04/07/09 interview....APPROVED!!!!

04/20/09 He flew in ..flight was changed he was 3 hours late BUT HE IS HOME

port of entry took 2 mins!! LOL

04/25/09 WE ARE MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

aw ummm i think i got lost here. what was the subject of this thread?

Radzney and Steven

first started talking online 2005

Flew to Davao May 2008

arrived May 17 2008 and we were engaged

Returned to USA June 1 2008

06/11/2008 sent in packet

06/16/2008 recieved NOA1

06/18/2008 bank shows check cleared

07/09/2008 touched

10/30/2008 approved Noa2

10/31/2008 touched

11/06/2008 hard copy of Noa2 arrived in mail

11/07/2008 case left NVC for Manila embassy

12/15/2008 passed medical yeppi

12/19/2008 set for interview

12/19/2008 approved at interview

12/30/2008 Visa Delievered

01/14/2009 Flight to USA

01/14/2009 POE SFO

02/13/2009 Purchased Marriage License

02/18/2009 Married

03/31/2009 Filed AOS, EAD,AP

04/09/2009 Check cashed for AOS

04/09/2009 NOA for AOS EAD and AP

04/27/2009 Biometrics

05/11/2009 Adjustment of Status Approval Notice

06/06/2009 Green Card Received

08/24/2009 First day at job

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
There is something to be said for "just sucking it up and doing it", pun intended.

However, methinks this guy just doesn't get it when he wants it.

:jest: ...and this part:

2. Why would a loving, wise woman allow mood to determine whether or not she will give her husband one of the most important expressions of love she can show him? What else in life, of such significance, do we allow to be governed by mood?

I don't know who he is trying to kid, but what the husband is craving for isn't just a need to feel loved by his wife.

Perhaps not, but I understand what the author was saying. Mood isn't a justifiable excuse for most areas of life.

If she's not feeling very keen about having sex with her husband to a point that it becomes a problem in the marriage, then they both should see a therapist. There are many 'turn-offs' as well 'turn-ons' for each partner. It's not very appealing, IMO, for a spouse to be merely going through the motions just to satisfy their husband's sexual appetite.

All in all, I'd have to agree. However, if either partner is denying the other sex (on purpose or not) then a whole multitude of problems can occur.

Inevitably, libido will differ between the two in the couple (usually the man wants it more often, but that doesn't have to be the case). There are 3 options I guess: have as much sex as the man wants, have as much sex as the woman wants, or have some sort of compromise. While, no, it's not pleasant to just be going through the motions, that's part of compromise, doing things you wouldn't do if the choice were solely up to you. So I can see this guy's point.

Steven, would you say that someone should never have sex unless they are in the mood?

Compromise is indeed necessary in any relationship. Perhaps that is why so many marriages fail? Neither side is willing to compromise.

Mrs. Prager's frigidity.

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Mrs. Prager's frigidity.

I like the way you read between the lines.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Inevitably, libido will differ between the two in the couple (usually the man wants it more often, but that doesn't have to be the case). There are 3 options I guess: have as much sex as the man wants, have as much sex as the woman wants, or have some sort of compromise. While, no, it's not pleasant to just be going through the motions, that's part of compromise, doing things you wouldn't do if the choice were solely up to you. So I can see this guy's point.

Steven, would you say that someone should never have sex unless they are in the mood?

I think it's up to the individual. They shouldn't feel pressured out of duty or obligation, but have a willingness to go along with their partner's wishes, IMO.

Mrs. Prager's frigidity.

I like the way you read between the lines.

If I was a radio DJ, I'd find out Dennis Prager's home phone number, call his wife on the air and ask her what the dealio is.

Timeline

I didn't read the op in full but another big hurdle for a woman (and a man for that matter) is children. There's always a huge amount of nervousness that you'll get caught no matter how late you wait to do the deed, you know? It's like constantly living in your parents house but worse because your parents wouldn't just barge on in and jump on the bed....they'd knock first.

Timeline
I didn't read the op in full but another big hurdle for a woman (and a man for that matter) is children. There's always a huge amount of nervousness that you'll get caught no matter how late you wait to do the deed, you know? It's like constantly living in your parents house but worse because your parents wouldn't just barge on in and jump on the bed....they'd knock first.

Lock the door? :unsure:

Timeline

On the "honey-do" list. lol. It's hard when you've lived with all open doors for ten years. I originally thought that a locked door at night would signal something deeper when he moved in but now I'm rethinking that concept. :blush:

Timeline

On the "honey-do" list. lol. It's hard when you've lived with all open doors for ten years. I originally thought that a locked door at night would signal something deeper when he moved in but now I'm rethinking that concept. :blush:

Ah, ok. Well, as much as an open door policy sounds nice, a right to privacy, IMO, is much better...even for the kids, because eventually, they'll be locking their doors too once they hit puberty. :)

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Ah, ok. Well, as much as an open door policy sounds nice, a right to privacy, IMO, is much better...even for the kids, because eventually, they'll be locking their doors too once they hit puberty. :)

Does that extend to the Prager family or are they "fair game?" It seems we have something of a double standard here. I don't particularly care about the Pragers, but their right to privacy is just as valid.

I suspect now we know why Prager has been divorced twice. :)

One time I was visiting my sister, and she has this weird doofus of a man in her circle of acquaintances, a man whose charms include the insistence that "women don't enjoy sex." She and I had the same thought, "well, maybe not with you..." And this strikes me as similar.

There's nothing wrong with deciding to have sex even if you're not really in the mood, or making an effort to keep the sex life active even while tired and or/stressed, but to describe it as a problem with the woman (and suggest that it's then her fault if he strays), or a duty (put out, you #######, or he will find a younger model) is annoying as all get out.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07