LovinLiberia

Sub-Saharan Cyber Cafe #3

2,283 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I look forward to your call.

Ok didn't make it to the gym today my clock on my stove was set wrong during daylight savings time. So I am using that as an excuce. LOL

Another wonderful God given day is on it's way.

I am thankful for his faithfulness.

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hey Missy,

I was re-reading your posts and I remembered something, way back during a flame war ( I am sure you remember those in this forum :blink: )

Someone had suggested, ( I doubt in a sincere manor) that the poster (if I remember it was Idocare) to go on Dr Phil.

I was thinking about this, I think that it would be benificial for those who have been scammed to try and get a message out to other single women, to try and get on Dr Phil, or Oprah. If several people went to them, I think that they would listen, they say to send in show ideas.

It was just a thought, to send a message to a lot of people.

If you want me to help with this by contacting them too, send me a message or give me a call, I sent you my number in an email

(L) P

Timeline

Pres we think too much alike. I already been saying that to people. I will be on the next Dr. phill or Operah.

People need to know the story of immigration scam. I wish more woman would speak out so they could stop someoen from making a mistake.

thanks pres!

Hey Missy,

I was re-reading your posts and I remembered something, way back during a flame war ( I am sure you remember those in this forum :blink: )

Someone had suggested, ( I doubt in a sincere manor) that the poster (if I remember it was Idocare) to go on Dr Phil.

I was thinking about this, I think that it would be benificial for those who have been scammed to try and get a message out to other single women, to try and get on Dr Phil, or Oprah. If several people went to them, I think that they would listen, they say to send in show ideas.

If you want me to help with this by contacting them too, send me a message or give me a call, I sent you my number in an email

(L) P

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I was in a hurry this morning and had and after thought but did not have time to post again. Dateline NBC, they do stories along these lines and have done a story on Nigerian scammers before. You may want to bark up that tree as well, I watch a lot of news programs and talk shows and have not seen one about this kind of scam. You could be the one with the ground breaking story :thumbs:

Pres we think too much alike. I already been saying that to people. I will be on the next Dr. phill or Operah.

People need to know the story of immigration scam. I wish more woman would speak out so they could stop someoen from making a mistake.

thanks pres!

Hey Missy,

(L) P

Timeline

Good morning Sub! I think we should get together Pres/Pers and start producing. LOL

Have a great day Subbies. The week is half way through. Car in the shop today.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Good Morning all.......day off today....yippee!! Making lasagna for dinner tonight so need to get to the at some point so I can make the sauce.......its early yet though still drinking my coffee....lol.

A little update on our case: the embassy visited my father in law yesterday at his home and asked a lot of questions about Ademola and myself. They also wanted to see pictures of us, which they have plenty....our wedding pictures are even hanging on the wall. I'm just excited to know they are still processing our case and being stuck in AP may soon be over.

Hope everyone has a blessed day!!

-------------------------

[url="http://daisypath.com"][img]http://daisypath.com/pic/090507/S3qn.jpg[/img][img]http://da.daisypath.com/ekPQm4/.png[/img][/url]

[color="#9932CC"]"Until the angels close my eyes, I can't imagine seeing life without you."[/color]

[size=2][color="#FFC0CB"]~Michelle~[/color][/size]

Timeline

Baby that is great news. I think our AP was over about a month after the home vist. It does feel good to know that part.

Timeline
Baby that is great news. I think our AP was over about a month after the home vist. It does feel good to know that part.

Yes it sure does, but the problem is the I130 is at the NVC (almost complete). Do you know if he can use the same medical exam he did for the I129 interview or does he have to complete it again? It has only been since April, but I'm just not sure if its a different exam or not. I paid the extra 470 to go ahead with the IR1, but now that the I129 is almost complete I just don't know what to do. I really don't want to lose that money and have to adjust status here and him not be able to work for at least 6 months. I'm sorry.....I'm rambling just so much is going through my head right now.

Here are the questions that were asked:

Hi my daughter,

How are you and the kids. Long time no hear! Somebody from the American Embassy came asking for your husband a few minutes ago. I asked for his name after introducing myself as Akin Salawu. He said they dont normally give our identity for security reasons but since I am an old man,he idetified himself as simply Paul.

We had a very lively chat:

1. I am from the American Embassy. I am looking for one Demola Salawu

-- Yes, he is my son.

2. Where is he now?

-- Has gone to work.

3. Is he married?

-- Yes

4. Where is she?

-- In USA. Maines to be very exact.

5. Did you consent to the marriage?

-- Yes, of course. And we are always in contact by mail. Her name is Michelle but I also gave her a native name 'Gbemisola'.. Please note that he came back 10 minutes after he left to ask for this native name again.

6. How many times has she visited?

-- Like 4 times.

7. Do you have her pictures?

-- Yes. ( I went upstairs and brought my envelope album containing my pictures and yours too). He looked at them. He identified me, mom, Demola and you in the pictures. I asked whether he needed to take one of the pictures away, then he showed me the one he broght with him (showing you and Demola only). He didnt ask for wedding pictures.

.8. Other facts which I volunteered:

-- Profession: Banker/Computer Scientist

-- Retired from First Bank way back 1992

-- Let him know our property.

Take care.

Raheem Akinade Salawu

Your father-in-law

[url="http://daisypath.com"][img]http://daisypath.com/pic/090507/S3qn.jpg[/img][img]http://da.daisypath.com/ekPQm4/.png[/img][/url]

[color="#9932CC"]"Until the angels close my eyes, I can't imagine seeing life without you."[/color]

Timeline

Sounds like good news for you guys, Baby!

Good mornig Subbies. LIfe is great and it's all because of the man above. I am thankful.

Got my hair cut short this week. I love it. My ex did not want me to cut it..well now he is gone, I guess I can do what i want. heheheh

Timeline
Sounds like good news for you guys, Baby!

Good mornig Subbies. LIfe is great and it's all because of the man above. I am thankful.

Got my hair cut short this week. I love it. My ex did not want me to cut it..well now he is gone, I guess I can do what i want. heheheh

Good morning all.....

Nothing like a new look to brighten ur day Missy!! Can't wait to see it!! You'll have to post some pics on facebook or call me so we can get together......

I was in a hurry this morning and had and after thought but did not have time to post again. Dateline NBC, they do stories along these lines and have done a story on Nigerian scammers before. You may want to bark up that tree as well, I watch a lot of news programs and talk shows and have not seen one about this kind of scam. You could be the one with the ground breaking story :thumbs:

thanks pres!

Hey Missy,

(L) P

1 - too late for Oprah she's quitting/ending

2 - there is already a TON of NEGATIVE press regarding Nigerian scammers, why on earth would you want to add fuel to that flame??

You can't honestly tell me that NO ONE said ANYTHING to you when you mentioned you were dating and then marrying a Nigerian. I am truly honestly sorry for the things that have happened, but you know as well as I do that NOTHING you say even on a national tv show is going to change someones mind about "their Nigerian man", NOTHING. I know you're hurting right now but why punish a whole country for something ONE man did to you? Go through your past posts, I don't know for certain but I'm willing to wager you came to the defense of Nigerians while your relationship was good, saying that not all Nigerians are 419, it's just the 419 get all the publicity.

VISA JOURNEY

USCIS Journey

02/23/09 ............I-130 sent

03/27/09.............NOA2

TOTAL 32 DAYS

NVC Journey

04/15/09.............Case # Assigned

07/10/09.............Interview assigned

TOTAL 105 DAYS

Embassy Journey

07/14/09.............Forward the case to Embassy in Dakar, Senegal

09/28/09.............Visa in Hand

TOTAL 80 DAYS

VISA GRAND TOTAL 217 DAYS

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

Conditional Resident Journey

09/29/09.............POE New York PIECE OF CAKE!!!

10/27/09.............2 year Green card received

TOTAL 29 DAYS

Removal of Conditions Journey

07/18/11.............I-751 packet sent

03/23/12............10yr GC Received

TOTAL 249 DAYS

Naturalization Journey

07/03/12.............N-400 packet sent

07/23/12.............Resent N-400 packet (husband FORGOT check!)

08/23/12.............Biometrics done

09/12/12.............Interview letter received

10/16/12.............Interview scheduled

guess there's still time for Oprah, just saw the headline, didn't actually read that show ends in 2011.

VISA JOURNEY

USCIS Journey

02/23/09 ............I-130 sent

03/27/09.............NOA2

TOTAL 32 DAYS

NVC Journey

04/15/09.............Case # Assigned

07/10/09.............Interview assigned

TOTAL 105 DAYS

Embassy Journey

07/14/09.............Forward the case to Embassy in Dakar, Senegal

09/28/09.............Visa in Hand

TOTAL 80 DAYS

VISA GRAND TOTAL 217 DAYS

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

Conditional Resident Journey

09/29/09.............POE New York PIECE OF CAKE!!!

10/27/09.............2 year Green card received

TOTAL 29 DAYS

Removal of Conditions Journey

07/18/11.............I-751 packet sent

03/23/12............10yr GC Received

TOTAL 249 DAYS

Naturalization Journey

07/03/12.............N-400 packet sent

07/23/12.............Resent N-400 packet (husband FORGOT check!)

08/23/12.............Biometrics done

09/12/12.............Interview letter received

10/16/12.............Interview scheduled

Timeline

Oprah is going Cable. There is still Dr Phill, Date Line, and a book deal. 419 scammers has nothing to do with Immigration totally different story.

Whidbey, if you read through my post I warned woman that Immigration Scams are prevalent. I stated that there were more woman on Visa Journey Nigerian Portal that came back to tell a story of deceit then that came back to tell the story of Glory. There are very successfully relationships, but there are also very sad stories of lies, using, and abuse.

I have not generalized the Nigerian populations in any of my post. Not one. If I do speak of a Nigerian it is because I am talking about my specific personal experience. I think my focus on him was the fact that he was a Christian and can still be a liar and user for the American dream. Becuase he did live his life upright and all other areas.

If there are just as many stories of immigration fraud from African/3rd world countries, there is obvious a need to tell the story to prevent other American's from getting lied to, used, and abused for the American dream. If it makes just one woman more cautious, then that is my goal. God brought me through for a reason. Not just to run and hide with shame and regret. Not going there.

I already have had 3 woman send me notes about how they were frauded too just last week. That are too ashamed to post there stories as others were when I used to post warning about immigration fraud.

A friend from my office was in line getting coffee just yesterday when she overheard a man talk about his sister getting used by a Nigerian for immigration. My mother's daughter inlaw has a freind who was a devout Christian who married a Nigerian in London who used her for two years until he got his 10GC. I have a freind from years back who married an African who left her in just two years. This is just little ole Maine. We complain about USCIS and EMbassy, but they are doing their difficult job to figure out what they are going to do with this new online dating that is clogging the immigration process with woman marrying someone they chat iwth online and visit with for just a week or two.

I hear what you are saying whidbey, but if you have read my past post you would know that I have warned people of exactly what I am going through. There is a manual in Nigeria just on how to use an American for immigraion. My husband used a play by play. He was coached. Every person I interacted with was involved.

Edited by Enlighten one :)

Timeline

Oh, yeah. Good morning Sub! God is so good and faithful. Another God given day I am thankful for.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.