LovinLiberia

Sub-Saharan Cyber Cafe #3

2,283 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hey Subbies. I am not usualy around this time at night. My son is gone to his first School Dance. I was shocked at all the cars dropping their kids off. Next time he will car pool. Crazy.

post-41849-1253921693_thumb.jpg

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I think I have now posted this on all my threads so all will know, sorry if you are reading this a few times.

BLESS GOD ALMIGHTY even though we had TWO MAJOR descreptancies we were APPROVED!!!! GOD IS SO AWESOME!!! Husband told interviewer wrong internet site where we met and wrong date of meeting the first time but we were able to explain and the woman understood!!! NOT only that I showed her I have already purchased the plane tickets and she said, "We advise not to purchase tickets until visa is in hand." I said, "Yes I understand, but if you look there on his ticket I got a ticket for $140, I HAD to buy it!!" She said, "$140??? Tell me how to do that!" I told her I used airline miles but had to purchase 3 weeks in advance. She asked if I could change it, I said "I can but it wIll cost." She said we don't usually give out visas until Tuesday afternoon and the ticket is for Tuesday morning. I said, "yes I know we bought it being positive we would receive the visa." She said, "Ok I'll put it through now and you will have it Monday" GLORY BE TO GOD ALMIGHTY WE ARE DONE!!!!!!!!!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: congrats on approval! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Good morning Sub!

Saturaday is football day. Too bad E wont be playing.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

As far as details of 2nd interview:

We got there at 1:45pm with appt at 3:00 and they told us to go away and come back at 3:00. We went back at 2:40 and they let us in. We were in the waiting room by 2:50 and there were 14 others there waiting. I was sure it would be a long wait, but by 3:05 they had called 7 of the people already, they were there just to pick up visas. Then at 3:10 they called us back to window 4. She swore us in and then said we would be interview seperately. Then she asked if I brought anything we wanted to add to the case, so I showed her the HUGE folder I had and told her what was in it. I attempted to push it through the window and she said she would have someone get it. Then she said for me to go sit down, I actually had to go back to the waiting room, seperated by glass doors. I know others have said they were allowed to wait in the same area and hear all the questions. I was SO nervous when they sent me out. I prayed he would get the questions right. She called me in at 3:30 the questions were:

What date we met?

Where did we meet?

What website?

Did we meet through a friend?

Are you absolutely certain of the website because your husband said a different one?

Do you have any siblings?

How many?

Does your husband have any siblings?

How many?

Did your husband propose?

When?

Are you certain he proposed?

When was the first time you saw him face to face?

Are you sure of that date your husband gave another date?

Can I see the stamp in your passport?

Does your husband visit his family often?

Will you travel to his country?

I answered the questions filling in with information she didn't ask for which actually was a good thing because it helped when it came time to explain our different answers. Then she told me she needed to speak to Moses again because there were discreptancies. I was certain it was over right then but kept on praying. I heard her reask the questions and he stuck with his answers, then she asked me to come back to the window. THANKFULLY when I explained how it could be confused she accepted my explaination. She asked when I was leaving the country and I gave her our tickets. That is when we went through the whole airline ticket stuff I wrote of earlier. She then disappeared for awhile and came back, she gave us a green ticket, she had us wait there at the window while she sent everything electronically and received confirmation of acceptance. She told us if there were any problems she would know by Friday before end of day (end of day here on Friday is like 1pm) Friday afternoon has come and gone with no call so all must be well and we will pick up our visa on Monday.

It is AMAZING to see the hand of God through our process. By all accounts we should not be picking up a visa, we should be preparing to appeal a denial. There is NO EXPLANATION but God!! We know for certain had we had the officer who first interview my husband in August we would have failed. It was God who placed her before us because the other officer was in the next window and took the next person, it was God who softened her heart and gave her the ears to listen to us completely. I have read of others who were not allowed to explain that their words were cut off. I had a boldness in me that normally I do not have with those in authority over me.

We compared notes afterwards and he was asked all the same questions.

VISA JOURNEY

USCIS Journey

02/23/09 ............I-130 sent

03/27/09.............NOA2

TOTAL 32 DAYS

NVC Journey

04/15/09.............Case # Assigned

07/10/09.............Interview assigned

TOTAL 105 DAYS

Embassy Journey

07/14/09.............Forward the case to Embassy in Dakar, Senegal

09/28/09.............Visa in Hand

TOTAL 80 DAYS

VISA GRAND TOTAL 217 DAYS

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

Conditional Resident Journey

09/29/09.............POE New York PIECE OF CAKE!!!

10/27/09.............2 year Green card received

TOTAL 29 DAYS

Removal of Conditions Journey

07/18/11.............I-751 packet sent

03/23/12............10yr GC Received

TOTAL 249 DAYS

Naturalization Journey

07/03/12.............N-400 packet sent

07/23/12.............Resent N-400 packet (husband FORGOT check!)

08/23/12.............Biometrics done

09/12/12.............Interview letter received

10/16/12.............Interview scheduled

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guinea
Timeline
As far as details of 2nd interview:

We got there at 1:45pm with appt at 3:00 and they told us to go away and come back at 3:00. We went back at 2:40 and they let us in. We were in the waiting room by 2:50 and there were 14 others there waiting. I was sure it would be a long wait, but by 3:05 they had called 7 of the people already, they were there just to pick up visas. Then at 3:10 they called us back to window 4. She swore us in and then said we would be interview seperately. Then she asked if I brought anything we wanted to add to the case, so I showed her the HUGE folder I had and told her what was in it. I attempted to push it through the window and she said she would have someone get it. Then she said for me to go sit down, I actually had to go back to the waiting room, seperated by glass doors. I know others have said they were allowed to wait in the same area and hear all the questions. I was SO nervous when they sent me out. I prayed he would get the questions right. She called me in at 3:30 the questions were:

What date we met?

Where did we meet?

What website?

Did we meet through a friend?

Are you absolutely certain of the website because your husband said a different one?

Do you have any siblings?

How many?

Does your husband have any siblings?

How many?

Did your husband propose?

When?

Are you certain he proposed?

When was the first time you saw him face to face?

Are you sure of that date your husband gave another date?

Can I see the stamp in your passport?

Does your husband visit his family often?

Will you travel to his country?

I answered the questions filling in with information she didn't ask for which actually was a good thing because it helped when it came time to explain our different answers. Then she told me she needed to speak to Moses again because there were discreptancies. I was certain it was over right then but kept on praying. I heard her reask the questions and he stuck with his answers, then she asked me to come back to the window. THANKFULLY when I explained how it could be confused she accepted my explaination. She asked when I was leaving the country and I gave her our tickets. That is when we went through the whole airline ticket stuff I wrote of earlier. She then disappeared for awhile and came back, she gave us a green ticket, she had us wait there at the window while she sent everything electronically and received confirmation of acceptance. She told us if there were any problems she would know by Friday before end of day (end of day here on Friday is like 1pm) Friday afternoon has come and gone with no call so all must be well and we will pick up our visa on Monday.

It is AMAZING to see the hand of God through our process. By all accounts we should not be picking up a visa, we should be preparing to appeal a denial. There is NO EXPLANATION but God!! We know for certain had we had the officer who first interview my husband in August we would have failed. It was God who placed her before us because the other officer was in the next window and took the next person, it was God who softened her heart and gave her the ears to listen to us completely. I have read of others who were not allowed to explain that their words were cut off. I had a boldness in me that normally I do not have with those in authority over me.

We compared notes afterwards and he was asked all the same questions.

I am happy for you congratulations I am still waiting for our interview date

My wife you are simply beautiful and perfect for mehttp://da.daisypath.com/w3wlm4.png

Filed: Other Timeline

:star: hey subbiezzzzz

:dance: congratulations to all that are due! :thumbs:

:unsure: where is everyone nowadays? :huh:

:D just droppin' by to say "sup y'all?" :P

{ :( that is if anyone is still around :hehe: }

(F)

I am all that the Potter created me to be.

I celebrate, liberate and dedicate my life to His Glory.

I Am Uno!

Timeline

Goodmorning Subbies!

Hello Pers! Hope things are doing well your way.

UNO you still looking for a greener pasture.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Whidbey :star: It is God, He works in ways we can't tell. His word( God) was your weapon , and for sure , It never fails . Let His name be praised forever.

In your Strength, I can crush an army; with my God , I can scale any wall .....2nd Samuel 22:30

For God did not give us a spirit of fear and timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self discipline}... 2 Timothy 1 :7[/i]

Set me as seal over your heart. Solomon 8:6

imgfinal2.jpg

AOS

08/03/2009 - AOS Approval

08/13/ 2009- GC in mail

ROC

09/01/2011 - Roc Approval

N - 400

06/15/2012 - Mailed N - 400 package to Phoenix

06/19/2012 - Notice of Action

07/20/2012 - Biometrics

08/20/2012 - Interview: PASSED

09/21/2012 - Oath Ceremony :)

09/21/2012 - US Citizen

RqhYvq6.jpgRqhYm4.pngRqhYm4.png

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows James 1 : 17[/center]

Goodmorning Subbies!

Hello Pers! Hope things are doing well your way.

UNO you still looking for a greener pasture.

{here I is :P }

Hey Mrs.J :D

I hear you callin' my name "ouwt" all loud and such :lol:

yeah, I'm still :unsure: for greener pastures, but the roots that have been planted :no: let me go :whistle:

(F)

I Am Uno!

VISA IN HAND!!!!!!!!!!

They nearly didn't give it us, but there was NO WAY in H E DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS I was going to leave the embassy without it.

First they told us they didn't have it, I said yes you do we were told it would be ready today, because our plane leaves tomorrow morning

then they said we didn't have an appointment, I said oh yes we do, see this little green piece of paper it says 28 September at 1400 that is TODAY right now this is our appointment,

then they told me to leave and call the consulars office, I said I'm standing here right now I will speak to someone here and now I am not calling

then they said you need to come back tomorrow, I said NO our appoint is today and our plane leaves tomorrow morning

then they said the woman who puts the packet together wasn't there, I said we were told it would be ready today at 1400 we are leaving tomorrow morning we need it right now.

then they said why can't you come back tomorrow, I said, OUR PLANE LEAVES AT 0700AM IN THE MORNING (do you think I could have been any clearer???) we cannot come back tomorrow we must have it TODAY!

With each reason they gave us I stood ABSOLUTELY firm and told I was NOT leaving without the visa. My husband said a couple times, maybe we should be patient and just come back tomorrow, I told him NO, they gave us an appointment for today at this time and I am NOT leaving. God gave me the boldness to stand my ground and refuse to leave. Finally they allowed us into the embassy and within 2 minutes we had the visa in our hands! Not only that the cover page on the envelope stated that the package was complete on 24 Sept at 4:30pm. I can't believe they tried to lie to me and tell me it wasn't ready!!!! I think I was a bit scary to the woman at the window on the outside of the embassy, she kept fumbling and calling different people LOL!!!!

VISA JOURNEY

USCIS Journey

02/23/09 ............I-130 sent

03/27/09.............NOA2

TOTAL 32 DAYS

NVC Journey

04/15/09.............Case # Assigned

07/10/09.............Interview assigned

TOTAL 105 DAYS

Embassy Journey

07/14/09.............Forward the case to Embassy in Dakar, Senegal

09/28/09.............Visa in Hand

TOTAL 80 DAYS

VISA GRAND TOTAL 217 DAYS

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

Conditional Resident Journey

09/29/09.............POE New York PIECE OF CAKE!!!

10/27/09.............2 year Green card received

TOTAL 29 DAYS

Removal of Conditions Journey

07/18/11.............I-751 packet sent

03/23/12............10yr GC Received

TOTAL 249 DAYS

Naturalization Journey

07/03/12.............N-400 packet sent

07/23/12.............Resent N-400 packet (husband FORGOT check!)

08/23/12.............Biometrics done

09/12/12.............Interview letter received

10/16/12.............Interview scheduled

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
VISA IN HAND!!!!!!!!!!

They nearly didn't give it us, but there was NO WAY in H E DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS I was going to leave the embassy without it.

First they told us they didn't have it, I said yes you do we were told it would be ready today, because our plane leaves tomorrow morning

then they said we didn't have an appointment, I said oh yes we do, see this little green piece of paper it says 28 September at 1400 that is TODAY right now this is our appointment,

then they told me to leave and call the consulars office, I said I'm standing here right now I will speak to someone here and now I am not calling

then they said you need to come back tomorrow, I said NO our appoint is today and our plane leaves tomorrow morning

then they said the woman who puts the packet together wasn't there, I said we were told it would be ready today at 1400 we are leaving tomorrow morning we need it right now.

then they said why can't you come back tomorrow, I said, OUR PLANE LEAVES AT 0700AM IN THE MORNING (do you think I could have been any clearer???) we cannot come back tomorrow we must have it TODAY!

With each reason they gave us I stood ABSOLUTELY firm and told I was NOT leaving without the visa. My husband said a couple times, maybe we should be patient and just come back tomorrow, I told him NO, they gave us an appointment for today at this time and I am NOT leaving. God gave me the boldness to stand my ground and refuse to leave. Finally they allowed us into the embassy and within 2 minutes we had the visa in our hands! Not only that the cover page on the envelope stated that the package was complete on 24 Sept at 4:30pm. I can't believe they tried to lie to me and tell me it wasn't ready!!!! I think I was a bit scary to the woman at the window on the outside of the embassy, she kept fumbling and calling different people LOL!!!!

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance: I am sooooooo happy for you, isn't God Good????

To Blessed to be stressed:) I realize that all things have a purpose and a time.....have faith and the Lord Almighty will provide... when the time is right, he NEVER fails!

VISA IN HAND!!!!!!!!!!

Glad you stood stead fast WG....sounds like they were trying to pull a slick one!!!!!!!

****Removal of Conditions ****

7/13/09 Sent I-751 application VSC

7/16/09 Package arrived at VSC at 2:08pm signed by D. Renaud

7/24/09 Rcvd I-797C, NOA from VSC

7/29/09 Rcvd Biometric letter...biometrics appt 8/18/09

11/24/09 Rcvd ROC approval ltr...dated 11/18/09

12/04/09 Rcvd 10 yr Green Card in mail

VISA IN HAND!!!!!!!!!!

Hello WG,

I am SO :D you stood your ground with dem folks!

I am also impressed :wow: by how fast YOUR particular journey has progressed, seemingly; with out a hitch in sight.

You :yes: stepped out on faith, handled yourself with truth, dignity, intelligence, grace and professionalism.

You proved yourself to be a :thumbs: true woman who is about business when handling her personal business.

Not only did you "GO GIRL ;) !"

You did "DA DAMN THANG B) !"

I salute :thumbs: you and I pray it was all worth your fight :bonk: and that your marriage is destined for longevity and prosperity :star: .

(F)

I Am Uno!

Timeline

Great job Whid!

Hows everyon in the sub today?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.