LovinLiberia

Sub-Saharan Cyber Cafe #3

2,283 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

good morning all. more boring computer classes today :dead:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Good morning Sub!

My husband takes his state exam today. He is a nervous reck. He has prepaired best he can and he will pass, but he still is a reck.

No Fight! Just the process.

After much delay....waiting on documents, waiting for the pics from the last vacation to come in the mail. My hubby went to the post office and we sent ROC application today. Ready for round three in the fight with immigration!!!!! :lol:

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
After much delay....waiting on documents, waiting for the pics from the last vacation to come in the mail. My hubby went to the post office and we sent ROC application today. Ready for round three in the fight with immigration!!!!! :lol:

Same here Forchika! Everything is signed and assembled. I just have to take it to the post office on Saturday. Just think this time next year we'll be finishing up our N-400s!

We are in the midst of doing this too!! We need to mail this next month. I am hoping that they just approve us and leave us alone this time....however that has not been how things have gone for us thus far....

Good luck ladies I wish you a swift and painless process :thumbs: approved with no interview!!! :thumbs:

Hi all.

Been busy trying to figure out how the HECK I'm getting to my husband's interview. Thought it was all figured out especially when I found out I was getting some insurance money. Then found out the insurance money couldn't be processed until all the beneficiaries were found and we were having problems finding one of them. Then this morning I found her I was so HAPPY. Until about noon when I found out that even though I have earned enough airline miles to get a free ticket to Africa the airlines only let a few people actually fly with their miles on each flight and there are NO flights available during the time I could/need to go.

It's been a stressful week!

VISA JOURNEY

USCIS Journey

02/23/09 ............I-130 sent

03/27/09.............NOA2

TOTAL 32 DAYS

NVC Journey

04/15/09.............Case # Assigned

07/10/09.............Interview assigned

TOTAL 105 DAYS

Embassy Journey

07/14/09.............Forward the case to Embassy in Dakar, Senegal

09/28/09.............Visa in Hand

TOTAL 80 DAYS

VISA GRAND TOTAL 217 DAYS

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

Conditional Resident Journey

09/29/09.............POE New York PIECE OF CAKE!!!

10/27/09.............2 year Green card received

TOTAL 29 DAYS

Removal of Conditions Journey

07/18/11.............I-751 packet sent

03/23/12............10yr GC Received

TOTAL 249 DAYS

Naturalization Journey

07/03/12.............N-400 packet sent

07/23/12.............Resent N-400 packet (husband FORGOT check!)

08/23/12.............Biometrics done

09/12/12.............Interview letter received

10/16/12.............Interview scheduled

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Whidbey, if approved will your hubby come to the US immediately with you on your return trip? If he will stay for a while to get his affairs in order maybe you could transfer/use your miles for you're hubby's trip to the US. It doesn't help for the interview, but down the road.

Also, would being creative with your flights help? Perhaps the more direct itinerary is blacked out, but maybe a more indirect route might be available.

Edited by reeses16

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Good morning.

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Whidbey, if approved will your hubby come to the US immediately with you on your return trip? If he will stay for a while to get his affairs in order maybe you could transfer/use your miles for you're hubby's trip to the US. It doesn't help for the interview, but down the road.

Also, would being creative with your flights help? Perhaps the more direct itinerary is blacked out, but maybe a more indirect route might be available.

Thanks for the ideas reeses. Unfortunately there aren't many ways to get to Senegal, it's either Air France or Delta. I tried leaving from Seattle, New York and Atlanta for all dates between 7/30 and 8/5 - NOTHING. We talked last night and decided I am not going to go to the interview. I also really hate to waste 80,000 miles on a one way trip. So when he passes the interview I'll use the insurance money to bring him home. I pray it comes in the next three weeks. He's ready to come now. He doesn't really want to stay there with an approved visa, could be dangerous.

Now I just need to figure out how to get him all the documents and pictures. DHL doesn't deliver to his villiage. Am hoping he can pick them up in Dakar.

VISA JOURNEY

USCIS Journey

TOTAL 32 DAYS

NVC Journey

TOTAL 105 DAYS

Embassy Journey

TOTAL 80 DAYS

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

TOTAL 29 DAYS

TOTAL 249 DAYS

Naturalization Journey

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
just showing some (L)

UNO (F)

whew, i don't have to get the search party formed. :dance:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Whidbey the are 3 African Airlines that fly to Dakar apart from those two. More options for the future.

Kenya Airways.

Ethiopia Airlines

South Africa Airways.

The first two may be a longer journey.

For you case , you may want to consider this next time, you can fly to dakar via SAA ( South Africa ) Airways. It makes a stop over in dakar on its way to Johannesburg for crew change.

SEA- IAD _ DKR or JFK- IAD- DKR.

You may check their website www.flysaa.com. Goodluck to your hubby.

Thanks for the ideas reeses. Unfortunately there aren't many ways to get to Senegal, it's either Air France or Delta. I tried leaving from Seattle, New York and Atlanta for all dates between 7/30 and 8/5 - NOTHING. We talked last night and decided I am not going to go to the interview. I also really hate to waste 80,000 miles on a one way trip. So when he passes the interview I'll use the insurance money to bring him home. I pray it comes in the next three weeks. He's ready to come now. He doesn't really want to stay there with an approved visa, could be dangerous.

Now I just need to figure out how to get him all the documents and pictures. DHL doesn't deliver to his villiage. Am hoping he can pick them up in Dakar.

Edited by shefellfromheaven

In your Strength, I can crush an army; with my God , I can scale any wall .....2nd Samuel 22:30

For God did not give us a spirit of fear and timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self discipline}... 2 Timothy 1 :7[/i]

Set me as seal over your heart. Solomon 8:6

imgfinal2.jpg

AOS

08/03/2009 - AOS Approval

08/13/ 2009- GC in mail

ROC

09/01/2011 - Roc Approval

N - 400

06/15/2012 - Mailed N - 400 package to Phoenix

06/19/2012 - Notice of Action

07/20/2012 - Biometrics

08/20/2012 - Interview: PASSED

09/21/2012 - Oath Ceremony :)

09/21/2012 - US Citizen

RqhYvq6.jpgRqhYm4.pngRqhYm4.png

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows James 1 : 17[/center]

Whidbey the are 3 African Airlines that fly to Dakar apart from those two. More options for the future.

Kenya Airways.

Ethiopia Airlines

South Africa Airways.

The first two may be a longer journey.

For you case , you may want to consider this next time, you can fly to dakar via SAA ( South Africa ) Airways. It makes a stop over in dakar on its way to Johannesburg for crew change.

SEA- IAD _ DKR or JFK- IAD- DKR.

You may check their website www.flysaa.com. Goodluck to your hubby.

Sorry should have clarified - there are only two that my miles for a free ticket would work on. I can't afford $2,000 for a ticket. I budgeted $250.

VISA JOURNEY

USCIS Journey

TOTAL 32 DAYS

NVC Journey

TOTAL 105 DAYS

Embassy Journey

TOTAL 80 DAYS

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

TOTAL 29 DAYS

TOTAL 249 DAYS

Naturalization Journey

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Earn SkyMiles credit and redeem miles for mileage awards on any SkyTeam or SkyTeam Associates airline.

I Understand that. Kenya Airways is an asociate sky team alliance partner( I was a flight attendant with Kenya Airways before i came to the US), your miles should work fine. Both Airfrance & Delta airlines are sky team members. When you fly either of the sky team members your miles count and work fine.

•Aeroflot

•AeroMexico

•Air France

•Alitalia

•China Southern

•Continental

•CSA Czech Airlines

•Delta Air Lines

•KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

•Korean Air

You dont have to fly Airfrance or delta to redeem your miles. I hope this info helps, any of these can work and further more you will continue earning sky miles.

Sorry should have clarified - there are only two that my miles for a free ticket would work on. I can't afford $2,000 for a ticket. I budgeted $250.

In your Strength, I can crush an army; with my God , I can scale any wall .....2nd Samuel 22:30

For God did not give us a spirit of fear and timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self discipline}... 2 Timothy 1 :7[/i]

Set me as seal over your heart. Solomon 8:6

imgfinal2.jpg

AOS

08/03/2009 - AOS Approval

08/13/ 2009- GC in mail

ROC

09/01/2011 - Roc Approval

N - 400

06/15/2012 - Mailed N - 400 package to Phoenix

06/19/2012 - Notice of Action

07/20/2012 - Biometrics

08/20/2012 - Interview: PASSED

09/21/2012 - Oath Ceremony :)

09/21/2012 - US Citizen

RqhYvq6.jpgRqhYm4.pngRqhYm4.png

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows James 1 : 17[/center]

Filed: Other Timeline
just showing some (L)

UNO (F)

whew, i don't have to get the search party formed. :dance:

:D .......

to change the monotony, read this for $hitz and giggles....

Think about this:

1. Cows

2. The Constitution

3. The Ten Commandments

COWS

Is it just me, or does anyone else find it amazing

That during the mad cow epidemic our government could track

a single cow, born in Canada almost three years ago, right

To the stall where she slept in the state of Washington?

And, they tracked her calves to their stalls. But they are

Unable to locate 11 million illegal aliens wandering around

Our country. Maybe we should give each of them a cow..

THE CONSTITUTION

They keep talking about drafting a Constitution for

Iraq .... Why don't we just give them ours? It was

Written by a lot of really smart guys, it has worked for

Over 200 years, and we're not using it anymore.

THE 10 COMMANDMENTS

The real reason that we can't have the Ten

Commandments posted in a courthouse or Congress is this....

You cannot post

'Thou Shalt Not Steal'

'Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery'

and 'Thou Shall Not Lie' in a building full of lawyers, judges and

Politicians ....

It creates a hostile work environment!

rose.gif

I am all that the Potter created me to be.

I celebrate, liberate and dedicate my life to His Glory.

I Am Uno!

Earn SkyMiles credit and redeem miles for mileage awards on any SkyTeam or SkyTeam Associates airline.

I Understand that. Kenya Airways is an asociate sky team alliance partner( I was a flight attendant with Kenya Airways before i came to the US), your miles should work fine. Both Airfrance & Delta airlines are sky team members. When you fly either of the sky team members your miles count and work fine.

•Aeroflot

•AeroMexico

•Air France

•Alitalia

•China Southern

•Continental

•CSA Czech Airlines

•Delta Air Lines

•KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

•Korean Air

You dont have to fly Airfrance or delta to redeem your miles. I hope this info helps, any of these can work and further more you will continue earning sky miles.

I'll call again, I guess it can't hurt. My understanding is people book their free tickets 300+ days in advance and since there are so few flights to Dakar there are very few seats allowed for free tickets. I called Northwest since that is who my miles are with, but I could easily transfer them to Delta so I'll call Delta tonight.

VISA JOURNEY

USCIS Journey

TOTAL 32 DAYS

NVC Journey

TOTAL 105 DAYS

Embassy Journey

TOTAL 80 DAYS

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

TOTAL 29 DAYS

TOTAL 249 DAYS

Naturalization Journey

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.