Conan

Young Fiance?

72 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Conan read this: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=129059

now read it again. & again & again.

the CFO thing is really confusing. i think it up to the interviewer at the CFO office if they want parental consent. (i hear Manila is more strict than Cebu) in our case, my wife (20 at the time) already had her visa in hand when she went to the CFO class (Cebu). she had a letter from her father & oldest sibling (mother is deseased) + a bunch of pics w/ us & her family & they never asked her for any letter or pics. some get grilled about it. so i'd get the letter just in case. & i think the CFO website has a form letter they can fill out & sign along w/ a couple witnesses.

So they never asked her about her age? Was the letter notarized or was it just something her father typed up? I am worried about the situation with her mom and can't find any answers on this. It is very hard to find info about this situation.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent :

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-12-02

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 :

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats :

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had the same $hit to deal with on Parental consent.

It's for the protection of these young girls, many of whom, IMO, are not emotionally mature enough for marriage.

FYI - I was talking about having only one parent around to sign Parental Consent.

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Your finace can get the form that the parents sign by having the parents go to the civil registar loced in any city hall. there is a standard form. I just want through that in August and found out that the accepted form was only the ones form the registar and had to be signed by the registar. Pretty straight forward process.

Love forever,

Dale & Trisha

Married: 9/29/2008

K3 Visa

POE-MSP: 3/13/2009

AOS/EAD

Greencard received: 08/29/2009

Removal of Conditions:

Approved: 10/20/2011

Citizenship

9/19/2012

the CFO thing is really confusing. i think it up to the interviewer at the CFO office if they want parental consent. (i hear Manila is more strict than Cebu) in our case, my wife (20 at the time) already had her visa in hand when she went to the CFO class (Cebu). she had a letter from her father & oldest sibling (mother is deseased) + a bunch of pics w/ us & her family & they never asked her for any letter or pics. some get grilled about it. so i'd get the letter just in case. & i think the CFO website has a form letter they can fill out & sign along w/ a couple witnesses.

So they never asked her about her age? Was the letter notarized or was it just something her father typed up? I am worried about the situation with her mom and can't find any answers on this. It is very hard to find info about this situation.

I will send you PM. I will get some info from you and call you and explain a couple of options.

Don't worry, I was in your shoes about 6 months ago. f.

Check your PM

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
We had the same $hit to deal with on Parental consent.

It's for the protection of these young girls, many of whom, IMO, are not emotionally mature enough for marriage.

FYI - I was talking about having only one parent around to sign Parental Consent.

You managed to go through the K1 process faster than most and without any hitches, considering the age difference and how young your fiancee was - hardly any room there for complaining.

Filed: Timeline

dude you're stressin way too much.

no they didn't say a word about her age. (could have something to do w/ her already having the visa in hand)

it was not notorized, it was signed by 2 witnesses. send CFO an email. it will take a few days to get a responce. (the holidays in the PI will slow it down even more) hard to get info--welcome to my world a year ago. i was in a hurry to find out everything...but i was the only one in a hurry. so i made it even worse. i was so stressed it wasn't funny. send the email make some calls & try to relax.

7yqZWFL.jpg

We did Parental Consent due to my fiance being 20.

It is needed for CFO only, USEM will not ask for it

You can get a lawyer in PI to draw it up and notarize it, pretty cheap compared to USA.

Philippine family code (if I can rember correct)

Age 18 to 21 - Must have Parental Consent

Age 22-25 Must have Parental Advisement

:thumbs:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well this is something I wasn't aware of until I read this thread ... so thanks to the thread creator lol ... ( my fiance is 20, so I guess this is another document we will have to get )

Met: November 05, 2008

Met in Cebu first time: March 27, 2009

Engaged: March 29, 2009

Filed K1 Fiance Visa : April 15, 2009

Fly to the US Finally: October 10, 2009

Married : November 07, 2009

Pregnant YAY : Baby due July 03, 2010 :)

File AOS/EAD/Travel: February 26, 2010

EAD/Travel approved: April 26, 2010

Our Baby Boy Born: June 24, 2010

AOS approved YAY! Green Card Received October 4, 2010

Timeline
Well this is something I wasn't aware of until I read this thread ... so thanks to the thread creator lol ... ( my fiance is 20, so I guess this is another document we will have to get )

Holy cow! Where are you all meeting these teenage Filipina's at? Is there a club?

Timeline

Holy cow! Where are you all meeting these teenage Filipina's at? Is there a club?

Well lucky for us we don't have that big of a age gap lol .... but to answer your question ... I met my fiance through a family member who is married to a philipina .... thus we were introduced and here we are :)

The funny thing about my situation is I was not interested in this kind of ( long distance ) relationship at all .... matter of fact my mind was totally against getting involved in a long distance relationship..... originally I agreed to talk to her merely as a friend .... it is ironic how things happen in a persons life sometimes, I guess it is true you just never know when or how you will finally find the person you've always waited for.

Edited by SomedaySomehow

Filed: Timeline

yes its an invite only club.

7yqZWFL.jpg

Timeline

:lol::thumbs: Hopefully that is true for most.

Well lucky for us we don't have that big of a age gap lol .... but to answer your question ... I met my fiance through a family member who is married to a philipina .... thus we were introduced and here we are :)

The funny thing about my situation is I was not interested in this kind of ( long distance ) relationship at all .... matter of fact my mind was totally against getting involved in a long distance relationship..... originally I agreed to talk to her merely as a friend .... it is ironic how things happen in a persons life sometimes, I guess it is true you just never know when or how you will finally find the person you've always waited for.

Good for you. :) Did you have any hesitations because of her age?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

no steven you can't go back there and look for this club.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

no steven you can't go back there and look for this club.

:rofl: "....in my mind I'm goin to Carolina."

Timeline

:lol::thumbs: Hopefully that is true for most.

Good for you. :) Did you have any hesitations because of her age?

No none ....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.