trailmix

New Year's Eve 2008/2009

43 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Leaving pretty soon. Gonna go out to eat and then off to some guys house!

err that didn't sound good. Yall know what I mean.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

*is jealous of all the lucky peoples who get to go out*

I'm stuck working all night :(

And since hubby doesn't have his EAD yet, he has no driver's license and can't go anywhere either. I told him he could take a taxi to one of the strip clubs or something, but he doesn't want to go by himself.

"Я тебя люблю. Эти слова имеют мою жизнь в них."

Eligible for N-400 early based on Section 329 of the INA, Service During Hostilities

lLNXm5.png

Happy New Year to all!

I'm spending my evening at home watching hockey and playing video games (just like any other day, really. Hehe). I may go to a house party later if I'm feeling a bit more social. I'm quite content hanging out here in my jammies for now.

I'm expecting 2009 to be an exciting and challenging year! The exciting part is getting married! :) The challenging part will be finding the kind of patience necessary to not go completely insane during the visa journey.

02/13/09 -

:)

02/19/09 - I-130 mailed out

02/27/09 - NOA1

03/19/09 - NOA2

05/07/09 - NVC CASE COMPLETE!

06/23/09 - Received interview appointment letter via email! Yay!

08/19/09 -Interview! SUCCESS!! (Wanna read a ridiculously long interview review? Click the link!)

08/21/09 - Visa received!

09/11/09 - POE (Alexandria Bay, NY)

09/28/09 - Received Permanent Resident card

06/28/11 - Sent 1-751 to VSC

07/29/11 - Biometrics appointment (OKC)

01/20/12 - I-751 approved!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Happy New Year to all!

I'm spending my evening at home watching hockey and playing video games (just like any other day, really. Hehe). I may go to a house party later if I'm feeling a bit more social. I'm quite content hanging out here in my jammies for now.

I'm expecting 2009 to be an exciting and challenging year! The exciting part is getting married! :) The challenging part will be finding the kind of patience necessary to not go completely insane during the visa journey.

Hi Holliday!

When is your interview - oh and welcome to the Canada forum :)

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

So we went to my husbands coworkers apartment and its in old city on Front street overlooking the river. It was awesome! We got to watch the fireworks from the window and I played rockband for my first time. It was loads of fun.

Just a bit of a hangover today but nothing too bad.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
I had to work with a bunch of POS inmates and watch them watch the new year ring in.

What fun what fun.

At least I now have my 4 days off from work to enjoy myself and go out to a German restaurant on the 2nd, and start it off better.

mmmm schnitzel!!!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

I was thinking the same thing about ####### Clark. It is really rather pitiful.

We went out to the Thai restaurant and had a yummy meal. Then my mom and baby went home and hubby and I went to a party at a friend's house. Played Cranium and some Wii games. Lots of fun even if I was hungover the next day.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Yea but it was just pathetic to watch him attempt to talk without drooling all over himself.

Its over #######... and its okay.

I didn't actually see him this year, he wasn't on when I cruised by that channel, plus I really like Kathy Griffin, so I turned to CNN.

Anyway, it's not his fault he had a stroke and it must be really hard for him, I think it's nice that they still include him

Timeline

Its not his fault he had a stroke, but I think someone should just tell him that he needs rest. Last year it was cool, he made a comeback from the stroke, but this year it was just kind pitiful. I don't know if it was his decision or what, but last year they had someone sit with him, this year he was by himself. I felt bad last year but this year it was like watching a trainwreck.

Its kind of like how they had to prop up the pope in his last years. The guy could barely talk, the guy could barely move, but he was making the rounds anyways even though he looked half dead.

Its a nice thought, but its time for ####### to pass the mic over to someone else while he's still alive. He can go out with some dignity at least.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Timeline

Let's see. On New Year's Eve we (7 of us) went to dinner then walked over to Pisces Rising and had drinks on the patio until midnight. We chose that patio because they were having fireworks. So at 10 minutes to midnight I decide now's a good time to hit the ladies room so I'll be back in time for the fireworks. When I come back outside, everyone told me "You missed the fireworks!" Fail. :bonk:

Then we all came back to my house. Peter had brought his guitar so we sang, danced a little, ate more snacks, then went to bed. I made a big breffrus for everyone the next morning and they all went shopping. I stayed home and enjoyed the peace and quiet. lol

iagree.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.