Twisted K

I feel like I have just been hit with a ton of bricks :(

77 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Our I-130 was approved somewhere around 5 or 6 weeks after our NOA-1. But I see that it now takes several months. I have always gone along side of caution, but to be honest since it is so time consuming I am seeing the benefits on not waiting for it to expire to move forward. But I would still push your representative to keep in contact with the USCIS so you can get evidence that it was indeed expired. There is always the chance that it didn't expire, but it seems those are rare it seems at the CSC.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I am doing the best I know how to try to get a 2nd interview while I am in India. I have faxed and emailed the consulate. I have faxed and called my senators. i am not getting a response from anyone. it just makes you wonder does anyone care about your situation. i think my attorney was a joke and a waste of time and money, but that is another story. i will show up at the embassy while i am there, one to beg for an interview, and two, to get this no objection letter which is required in india in order for a usa citizen to marry an indian in india. i don't know exactly what this no objection letter is, but it says on the embassy website, that they provide it free of charge as long as you hold a usa passport. i hope it doesn't expire, because i am taking a certified copy of my birth certificate with me to india. my SO is going this week to get the paperwork that is required for us to get married, that way i can sign what i need to sign for us to get married later on, if that is the case. you have to turn this paperwork in 30 days in advance, so we are hoping that i don't actually have to be there, and he can just drop it off. it would be very difficult for me to take so many days off of work. i have spoken to my boss about a possible personal leave of abscense, but that is very hard to come by. if push comes to shove, i will have to do what i have to do. what are your thoughts?

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

i really dont have any advice for u but im fed up with the system so i will prolly be moving to india in june

we are going on two years now just waiting for the noa2 i believe that should be criminal on their part but hey its the usa what can i say, the system is broken and people that work at the embassy's seem to have the God complex going pretty good they are in control of our future and based on a five minute meeting wave this magical wand that either gives u the future u deserve or crush ur dreams................good luck to all of us going thru this and may God watch over us.

sara

Timeline

Hi, Sara, I am truly sorry that they have taken so long with your case? What's the update so far? It is ridiculous that you haven't even had an interview date. Have they given you any correspondence since the NOA1? You are in our prayers, most certainly (F)

He is home!!!

Timeline
Hi, Sara, I am truly sorry that they have taken so long with your case? What's the update so far? It is ridiculous that you haven't even had an interview date. Have they given you any correspondence since the NOA1? You are in our prayers, most certainly (F)

yup about four letters because of inquiry or trying to expedite stating our case is still open for back ground check and until that is complete we cant do anything.......kind of sick of hearing that lame excuse :whistle: did the lost it prolly

sara

Filed: Timeline
*winces*

I really hate to see wording like 'rogue' and 'ba$tard' applied to the consulates.

I realize we went through London and didn't have to go through what many of you did. I realize that some consulates apply pressure to visa beneficiaries that many of you consider unnecessary. And I realize there are some cases of CO's just generally being a butt.

Consulates are aware of the societal norms of the people in the nation wherein they are located. They are also aware of the level of visa fraud which is attempted within their doors. So (for example) if an engagement ceremony is VERY TYPICAL in a loving, bonafide relationship, they actually have every right to question the legitimacy of a relationship wherein an engagement ceremony did not take place. If there is a history of visa applications at that consulate of "marriages for benefits" that consulate may prefer to see the visa petitioner at interview alongside the applicant.

I'm not trying to start a fire here - I'm just pointing out that it's imperative for applicant and petitioner to assess the situation at their consulate and plan accordingly prior to the interview. Truly legitimate relationships can "pass the test" at even the most difficult consulate.

:thumbs:

We were not even trying to question the CO wanting to see pics of engagement. Its the fact that sometimes they do take it to the next level. I was given a 221g for the reason that I did not submit certain documents (the CO gave it in writing) and I had a signed list from the VFS saying that the same documents were submitted 10 days prior to the interview which were returned unopened. They just wanted to delay the visa probably because of the quota or smthing, hence Daniel was able to do what he did. They took the 221g back (asked for it back) and thats only because they did not question the relationship to begin with. Otherwise I am sure, no matter what we had said to them that day would not have made a difference.

The COs do have a tough job and I in no way am in a position to judge them for what they do. I do want people to understand the visa process and research on it thoroughly so they know when something is not right and can do something about it in timely manner.

Still strongly suggest the petitioner to be present at the Consulate or outside when it comes to the high fraud/difficult Consulates

Timeline
kaushalia,

That's how it was explained to me by one attorney - another attorney gave the option of marriage to "nullify" the first K1.

#1 Attorney said refile immediately - if USCIS approves the second petition [with all the original info and more proof and a cover letter explaining what happened at the interveiw] they are reaffirming the 1st petition [denied by the CO]. The CO at the 2nd interview can NOT deny on the same basis as the 1st interview [given that the denial was not enough relationship proof/lack of bonafides; the 2nd petition's approval proves that USCIS believes there to be a true relationship]. This is a short cut to circumvent the 5 year wait at VSC for reaffirmation/revoke - CSC may be a completely different story. If they DO expire petitions in a timely manner it may benefit you to have the expiration notice before filing again. I'd see if anyone here has experience in that!

#2 Attorney said get married - by no longer being able to marry you have nullified the K1 petition. Refile under the visa that best fits your wants/needs/time frame after the marriage.

Let me also explain that these were 2 of many I researched - just the only ones I felt had the experience to qualify for consultations. I'm still waiting on a few more to schedule consults....

I personally chose the first option. We got married and included the info about K-1 petition on the second one. Suprisingly and with God's help my new petition was approved in less than 2 months, by that time our K petition was sent back and expired , but we never got any notice from USCIS about their final decision of K-1 petition. WE were very happy that our petition was approved so soon.

Once USCIS knows that after the petition is sent back and you go abroad to visit your spouse\fiance.. it helps the situation a lot.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: I just wanted to say a big CONGRATULATIONS again to Ann26 on her recent visa!!! I was so happy, I felt as if it were us who got approved. May both Milo and my fiances follow in your footsteps very soon!! My hat goes off to you!! :dance::dance::dance:

Edited by kaushalia

He is home!!!

Timeline
kaushalia - it will be us - soon enough!!! In the mean time we can take delhi by storm...

Most definitely. One senator's office doubts i will get a second interview, but doesn't mean i am not going to try. she said she will send an inquiry on our behalf. today, my attorney emailed me to say if i want to bring my so over to get married, and file a spouse petition. said uscis is not obligated on a k1 to give us the noid or noir. my SO said we have to wait to see if they can do anything for us. i wish we could go to delhi together, you know, there is strength in numbers :thumbs:

He is home!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Well - I'm looking at arriving maybe as soon as the 28th [waiting on my sis's decision to join me]. So, it looks like they will be getting consecutive mad women and not 2 at the same time. I'm thinking they couldn't handle us together though - that has international incident written all over it!

On the flip side - maybe it will prove they don't want us there as expats.

Timeline
Well - I'm looking at arriving maybe as soon as the 28th [waiting on my sis's decision to join me]. So, it looks like they will be getting consecutive mad women and not 2 at the same time. I'm thinking they couldn't handle us together though - that has international incident written all over it!

On the flip side - maybe it will prove they don't want us there as expats.

Lol, yeah, heaven help them if I have to move to India, the embassy will never get rest, I will make sure of that. Although, my SO keeps asking me to move. They are only lucky that I live around the world, because I would probably make weekly trips to the embassy, while the SO is at the office. :innocent:

He is home!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
Call the DOS and ask for the update on the case. The Consulate cannot deny you information about why the case was sent back. DOS will be able to help. All the best.

Hello Daniel

Embasyy not tell why they sent case back they not even reply your mail.

dont be serprise they can do any thing.

laura did confrance call in embassy, we talked three time all three time they told deffrient things.lolllllll

thanks

laurarajesh

Timeline

ha well girls dont forget im flying into Delhi in june if there is no movement on our case at csc u guys got the stick at dehli we are getting from the first stage at csc, this visa process had brought my health to the point of dangerous, i have gained twenty pounds, and i still do not see how any of what they are doing at csc is good, i mean come on now going on two years for a freaken noa2.........anyways we can have our own community there with all of us guess the usa didnt like me to much huh or they would not have made this so so hard............today im angry it will pass im sure but danggggggggggg

sara

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
Call the DOS and ask for the update on the case. The Consulate cannot deny you information about why the case was sent back. DOS will be able to help. All the best.

Hello Daniel

laura did confrance call in embassy, we talked three time all three time they told deffrient things.lolllllll

thanks

Dear friends

when u mad womans comeing india. hope laura will join u same time. HAHAH

so u strainght will more strong.

laurarajesh

Timeline

Hello Daniel

thanks

Dear friends

when u mad womans comeing india. hope laura will join u same time. HAHAH

so u strainght will more strong.

i leave tomorrow, all are free to join me :yes: However, my case is offically back in USCIS, I have already received the second NOA1.

He is home!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.