Twisted K

I feel like I have just been hit with a ton of bricks :(

77 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I just received horrible news. I just spoke with the embassy, and they said they are sending our petition back to the usa. Would not give me any information, only a number of 24198506. I guess that is the pouch number. I have a feeling that they just let our petition expire since it expired on December 4th. We turned in the additional information on November 14, two days after his interview. What can be done? Since it was only yesterday that they said they sent it, is there anyway that they could keep the petition there? Your help is desperately needed.

It feels like someone just ripped your heart out and danced all over it :crying::crying::crying:

They will not give me any information :angry:

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I am sorry to read this information and tell you to try and act quickly to keep the petition at the embassy. Here is a link from another member that went through this and it is very informative. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3896

Please read this and good luck to you and your finance.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Oh my goodness! I swear the New Delhi consulate is soooooo maddening sometimes.

Look on the 221(g) that your fiance received, it SHOULD say that you had a year to provide the additional information. That date would have been based on his interveiw date. If they did use the 12-4 date as reason for sending the petition back the hard copy of the 221(g) [if it has the 1 year statement] should rectify the situation.

My first thought looking at that number is that it is a phone number - 2419 happens to be the first 4 digits on the IV phone number...unless they were just making something up or by ABSOLUTE dumb luck their diplomatic pouch numbers look like Delhi phone numbers????

Get in touch with you Congressman's office and Senators' offices immediately. They sometimes can keep the petition at the consulate and from everything I've read you want to avoid having the petition returned to the US if at all possible. If they have emergency lines, use them. At least with my Senators, it took numerous phone calls over weeks to get a response.

Also, get your attorney on the phone today!

You're man is right - it is just a stumbling block - a pretty big one - but you'll get thru this!

Start keeping a log of all the phone calls you are making, the name of who you've spoken with, what the conversations were about, and send confirmation emails of what was said. I would document everything possible at this point because you may need it later.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You have been hit with a ton of bricks! Please brush your self off gather the bricks build yourself a fort for the battle that can be won.

Please trust that if you can afford a lawyer and your husband has not committed any fraudulant actions and has not falsifide information, the decision can be overturned. There are several people on VISAJourney that have been denied and have over comed that obsticle.

The Embassy?USCIS has to have documented proof of why they denied your case. Your lawyer will put in writing to get the request of why your case was denied.

Please relax and wait for the verdict of why you were denied. Then you can go from there.

I just received horrible news. I just spoke with the embassy, and they said they are sending our petition back to the usa. Would not give me any information, only a number of 24198506. I guess that is the pouch number. I have a feeling that they just let our petition expire since it expired on December 4th. We turned in the additional information on November 14, two days after his interview. What can be done? Since it was only yesterday that they said they sent it, is there anyway that they could keep the petition there? Your help is desperately needed.

It feels like someone just ripped your heart out and danced all over it :crying::crying::crying:

They will not give me any information :angry:

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Timeline

Thank you guys for your much needed support. Milo, I thought the same thing, because it is very similar to the embassy's number. I just sent an email to the embassy again:

Hello, my name is Kathy_, and I am the petitioner for the K-1 visa for Manish_. I am seeking information concerning his interview date. His date of birth is June 12, 1978. His address _. Our case number is: _, Manish’s passport number is _. My fiancé had his interview on November 12, 2008, and has informed me that you are in need of some sort of relationship proof which he has submitted to you on November 14. I really miss him, and can’t wait until he gets here. My entire family and all of my friends are all excited to meet him, since they have only spoken to him while I had him on the phone. My apologies if I have sent too many emails, I am just anxious to be with him again, and be his forever.

I have spoken with someone on the non-immigrant visa side who advised to call back at the end of December, when I called last night, he informed me that our petition has been sent back to the USA. We were not informed ahead of time that this was going to happen, and even on the 221g form, it stated we had a year to return the requested information. As I was reading through the laws, it said that we have to be forewarned of the embassy’s intentions of returning our petition. What information was lacking? Was it because our petition expired on December 4, 2008? Given that we have made several attempts to call the New Delhi embassy via email and/or phone calls, what can be done to rectify this? I have been in tears since I have received the information, and cannot sleep nor eat. I am begging for your assistance. Is it possible for our case to be reviewed by a Senior Consul? Would it help to get affidavits from 3rd parties of our intentions to marry? We still want to get married on March 7, 2009, but if that is not possible, we will definitely marry before the 90 days of the I-94 expires. I need the petition to stay in New Delhi by any means necessary. I am willing to fax any information you request if a fax number is provided. I am willing to make any phone calls necessary, if a direct line is provided. I am also going to contact my senator to get them involved along with my previously hired attorney. Thanks for your prompt attention in this matter.

If you could advise when I can call and get the information of when he will be reviewed, I will love to call. Any inquiries you have from me, can reach me on my mobile...or work...

I will contact both of my senators. I am desperate. Since it is the holidays, I do not think they are back in session until Monday? Does anyone know?

He is home!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

The senate isn't back in session until the 5th I think....but some seantor's websites have an emergency phone line and I would try that.

That's a whole other thing that has me beyond mad too - I can't tell you how many phone calls I've made to my "representatives" that go completely unanswered!

Your email sounds good but don't be surprised if you get a canned answer. I'd call again either tonight or tomorrow night stating you sent an email requesting specific information and that you'd like to speak with a supervisor. Chances are they will send you over to someone else. Then ask to speak with an officer - it's hard to get thru to one but you never know.

Timeline

Have you called the DOS to see what they read on their screen? The might be able to see something mroe then what the embassy is saying. Ask for the most recent update to your case. This lets them know that you know they can see updates to your files from teh embassy.

Thank you guys for your much needed support. Milo, I thought the same thing, because it is very similar to the embassy's number. I just sent an email to the embassy again:

Hello, my name is Kathy_, and I am the petitioner for the K-1 visa for Manish_. I am seeking information concerning his interview date. His date of birth is June 12, 1978. His address _. Our case number is: _, Manish’s passport number is _. My fiancé had his interview on November 12, 2008, and has informed me that you are in need of some sort of relationship proof which he has submitted to you on November 14. I really miss him, and can’t wait until he gets here. My entire family and all of my friends are all excited to meet him, since they have only spoken to him while I had him on the phone. My apologies if I have sent too many emails, I am just anxious to be with him again, and be his forever.

I have spoken with someone on the non-immigrant visa side who advised to call back at the end of December, when I called last night, he informed me that our petition has been sent back to the USA. We were not informed ahead of time that this was going to happen, and even on the 221g form, it stated we had a year to return the requested information. As I was reading through the laws, it said that we have to be forewarned of the embassy’s intentions of returning our petition. What information was lacking? Was it because our petition expired on December 4, 2008? Given that we have made several attempts to call the New Delhi embassy via email and/or phone calls, what can be done to rectify this? I have been in tears since I have received the information, and cannot sleep nor eat. I am begging for your assistance. Is it possible for our case to be reviewed by a Senior Consul? Would it help to get affidavits from 3rd parties of our intentions to marry? We still want to get married on March 7, 2009, but if that is not possible, we will definitely marry before the 90 days of the I-94 expires. I need the petition to stay in New Delhi by any means necessary. I am willing to fax any information you request if a fax number is provided. I am willing to make any phone calls necessary, if a direct line is provided. I am also going to contact my senator to get them involved along with my previously hired attorney. Thanks for your prompt attention in this matter.

If you could advise when I can call and get the information of when he will be reviewed, I will love to call. Any inquiries you have from me, can reach me on my mobile...or work...

I will contact both of my senators. I am desperate. Since it is the holidays, I do not think they are back in session until Monday? Does anyone know?

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Timeline

Thank you everyone! I did contact and got a hold of one of the case workers in my senator's office. She said she will do her best to keep it in India, but no guarantees. I did not even think about the Department of State, I am calling them as soon as I find their number. My attorney is waiting to see what kind of information Manish gets back. Please keep us in your prayers. I am doing a little better since I posted this last night.

He is home!!!

Timeline

Just spoke with DoS who only said that the case has been sent back. No pouch number or anything. Said not to expect to hear anything anytime soon from USCIS, yeah I know how that goes. Just more waiting, but I am taking everyone's suggestions and putting them to use. Please keep them coming. Mrs. J, I am working on that fort :)

He is home!!!

Timeline

Manish is your SO? The department of state, embassy and USCIS owe nothing to the beneficiary. I can't even believe your lawyer has advised the wait for the beneficiary to receive something. Sorry I had a horrible experience with an immigration lawyer. He was fired and returned half my money. If I didn’t have so much to catch up on and learn regarding the process, I would have all our money returned.

I am not an expert, but I think the lawyer needs to write to request the results of the findings. You can do it yourself, but you have paid for your lawyer already. They are better at drafting the letter.

Do not give this lawyer another penny until you find out why your SO was denied. Call a couple of other immigration lawyers regarding what the next step is without informing that that you worked with a lawyer. Just state the results of the K1 approved petition being returned, ask what he would advice next if you were to retain there service. I know that someone here can recommend some good waiver lawyers who have been through this battle. Many immi lawyers are just paper pushers. Ok lawyers who hire someone to push paper. You now need a lawyer who knows what to do when denied. Not to say that yours doesn’t.

Thank you everyone! I did contact and got a hold of one of the case workers in my senator's office. She said she will do her best to keep it in India, but no guarantees. I did not even think about the Department of State, I am calling them as soon as I find their number. My attorney is waiting to see what kind of information Manish gets back. Please keep us in your prayers. I am doing a little better since I posted this last night.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Call the DOS and ask for the update on the case. The Consulate cannot deny you information about why the case was sent back. DOS will be able to help. All the best.

Actually they can deny you the information. And the DOS probably won't have this information this quickly.

The fact is that they have the right to extend the date if they choose to do so. They may have decided to let it expire, and they might have other reasons for sending it back. Here is the link specific to returned petitions,

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3896

so if it has been sent back it would be wise to go through this. But here is the case, if they haven't actually sent it back there is a very small chance that they may give you another chance.

You can take the number they gave you (the diplomatic pouch number) and call this number:

Diplomatic Pouch and Mail Division

Pouch and Mail Policy (202) 663-1850

The person that assisted me was Steve Ferrell. He didn't answer the phone so I left a message. He is very good at calling back.

Keep in mind, even though they said that they have already sent it back it is not always the truth. They told us the same thing when in fact it was almost 2 months later.

Contact your representatives and tell them your story. You will need to sign a form giving them permission to discuss your case with them. They can not get the visa approved, nor can they get them to act faster on your case. But when you get them involved it makes the consulate more accountable for their actions, and helps that the case does not fall between the cracks.

If it does get sent back there is a good chance that they will expire the petition. But make sure that it has actually expired before proceeding with another petition. My suggestion is that if they do expire it, and you have written proof from them, then it might be wise to go back and get married.

Anyways I am getting ahead of myself. Just work on keeping it at the consulate and giving you a second chance. Please review your evidence and the questions at the interview. You will need to come up with proof of their suspicions in order to win.

Don't despair. You can win. I have known of at least 3 couples that kept it from going back. I have known of several more that have been denied, fought it in the US and won, I am one of those couples.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline
Call the DOS and ask for the update on the case. The Consulate cannot deny you information about why the case was sent back. DOS will be able to help. All the best.

Actually they can deny you the information. And the DOS probably won't have this information this quickly.

The fact is that they have the right to extend the date if they choose to do so. They may have decided to let it expire, and they might have other reasons for sending it back. Here is the link specific to returned petitions,

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3896

so if it has been sent back it would be wise to go through this. But here is the case, if they haven't actually sent it back there is a very small chance that they may give you another chance.

You can take the number they gave you (the diplomatic pouch number) and call this number:

Diplomatic Pouch and Mail Division

Pouch and Mail Policy (202) 663-1850

The person that assisted me was Steve Ferrell. He didn't answer the phone so I left a message. He is very good at calling back.

Keep in mind, even though they said that they have already sent it back it is not always the truth. They told us the same thing when in fact it was almost 2 months later.

Contact your representatives and tell them your story. You will need to sign a form giving them permission to discuss your case with them. They can not get the visa approved, nor can they get them to act faster on your case. But when you get them involved it makes the consulate more accountable for their actions, and helps that the case does not fall between the cracks.

If it does get sent back there is a good chance that they will expire the petition. But make sure that it has actually expired before proceeding with another petition. My suggestion is that if they do expire it, and you have written proof from them, then it might be wise to go back and get married.

Anyways I am getting ahead of myself. Just work on keeping it at the consulate and giving you a second chance. Please review your evidence and the questions at the interview. You will need to come up with proof of their suspicions in order to win.

Don't despair. You can win. I have known of at least 3 couples that kept it from going back. I have known of several more that have been denied, fought it in the US and won, I am one of those couples.

Thank you so much, I am a great fan of your postings. I have at least one senator working (hopefully) on the case, at least the case worker said she would. I couldn't believe they would have sent it within a day's time. So I will do anything and everything I can. We have talked about me going there for a marriage ceremony. If that is the case, do you recommend the CR1 or K3 better? I have seen mixed thoughts on both. I know the CR1 petition doesn't expire, so that is a big plus.

He is home!!!

I'm not sure what morocco4ever's take is on this, but normally, marrying does not do you much good. You will still have to overcome the reason that the K1 visa was denied - being married won't fix that.

SA4userbar.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.