LilLoveBug

what the HECK is proof of ongoing relationship?!

52 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
agreed!! for example ; China
:yes: as well as HCMC (OP's Country) and other places... doesn't usually matter how much in love you are, or how much proof you think you have. Often times, you need even more. Best you can do is educate and prepare yourself as much as you can.

Is sad because it is so easy to marry in the US, many here don't take it seriously. But if you fall in love with someone in a foreign country you have to jump through a million hoops just to be together.

uh huh.... preaching to the choir buddy ;)

Edited by KimandRuss
timeline.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Is sad because it is so easy to marry in the US, many here don't take it seriously. But if you fall in love with someone in a foreign country you have to jump through a million hoops just to be together.

Yep, it's a matter of National Security, if you are born in the states they have every record of you, but if born abroad, they want to make sure you are safe to enter and not affliated with any terrorist groups....

UpdatedTimeline.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
We've gone a bit OT with dbbri's baby comment but I believe (hope) that was just made in jest... I laughed. :lol: cute baby btw. ;)

Thanks, he is awesome. Having a child only makes it that much harder to be apart. Being patient and having a sense of humor about things helps to deal with the setbacks, we have had more than our share.

Yep, it's a matter of National Security, if you are born in the states they have every record of you, but if born abroad, they want to make sure you are safe to enter and not affliated with any terrorist groups....

Well, I don't know what the next 20 years holds with my kid but I might want to classify him as a terrorist if he turns out too much like dad.

Edited by dbbri

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Here are some questions my I practiced with my wife, so she could understand and answer in English.

First, she learned to greet the officer in English with a smile and, "Good Morning."

Q. What is your husband's name?

A. My Full Name

Q. How did you meet him?

A. I met my husband on internet dating website.

Q. What do you call him?

A. Naughty Laogong

Q. Where does he live?

A. My City and State

Q. What is your husband's job?

A. He works for a bank.

Q. Was he married before?

A. Yes, two times, the first wife name is First and second wife name is Second.

Q. Does he have children?

A. Yes, he has two daughters, name one and name two.

Q. Where was your husband born?

A. He was born in City and State.

Q. How many times has your husband visited you in China?

A. Two times. First in December, 2005 and second in April, 2006.

Q. Why do you love him?

A. I love hime because he is good hearted, clever and handsom. Also, he makes me laugh.

We practice these and more I can't remember for months on the webcam. From the time her number was called, nothing went as planned. The officer greeted her first in Mandarin and instead of answering in English, she answered in Mandarin. Then not one word of English was spoken. She was asked...

Q. Do you speak English?

A. A little.

Q. Does your husband speak Mandarin?

A. A little.

Q. What is your husband's name?

Q. How did you meet?

Q. Where does he work?

Requested financial documents

Requested copy of my passport

Asked to see pictures

Daughter age 17 stood behind mother during interview but was asked no questions.

My wife was prepared to answer all these questions and more in English but it was not necessary. On the other hand, this praactice contributed greatly to her confidence and demeanor as the interview began. I'm pretty sure things would have been more difficult if she had acted scared or sheeish instead of her normal friendly confident self.

This was an extremely easy interview by Guangzhou standards.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Country: Taiwan
Timeline
If you are really concerned about proving your relationship, you must have many doubts yourself.

Just to say it explicitly because it sounds like you're a little fuzzy on this, we're talking about proving to USCIS that there is an ongoing relationship - not proving it to each other. It's part of the K-1 requirements. I think each couple here is aware they are in a relationship :lol:

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
If you are really concerned about proving your relationship, you must have many doubts yourself.

Just to say it explicitly because it sounds like you're a little fuzzy on this, we're talking about proving to USCIS that there is an ongoing relationship - not proving it to each other. It's part of the K-1 requirements. I think each couple here is aware they are in a relationship :lol:

For K1 visas, the ongoing relationship evidence is for the Consulate, not USCIS.

Sometimes the couple both understand the nature of their relationship in the same way, whether bona fide or not. Sometimes one is sadly mistaken. Consular officers are to apply a reasonable person standard in evaluating whether the couple is in a bona fide relationship.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

So we've just received the email to say we'll be getting the NOA2, which is really exciting, but im trying to get myself organised now. Have everything I can sorted for the interview. I haven't met mels parents... hahaha that might seem weird but she's met mine and we've spent a fair bit of time together and she'll be coming to Aus again before the interview (wont be here for it...is that a problem?) but my main thing is i dont have any pictures with her family, because i've never met her parents... i will have some with her sister, but thats about it.

Love is not blind. Love see's more and not less. But because it see's more it is willing to see less.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.