Laura+Tom

The 2009 United Kingdom Interview Thread!

3,097 posts in this topic

yall can pull me off the stuck list...no longer in ap visa is ready to be issued!!!!!!!!

Congratulations, now you can both move forward. :dancing:

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yall can pull me off the stuck list...no longer in ap visa is ready to be issued!!!!!!!!

Congratulations! I was just checking your profile the other day to see if there were any updates -- and now this good news. Hooray! :star:

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Best of luck, Obbynox!

And hrmhh...Laura, can you clarify in the other thread whether the embassy will be closed from another source? I just checked the embassy website and it doesn't say anything...

Magpie.

Upon the mountain of that which would undo us, our banner shall fly highest.

For K-1 timeline, please check our story!

:: Before-AOS Timeline ::

2009-06-16: Received SSN

2009-06-18: Got my degree classification! Got a 2:1 =D.

2009-07-04: Got MARRIED on Independance Day in San Antonio!

:: AOS Timeline ::

2009-08-06: Mailed off our AOS packet!

2009-08-10: USCIS received packet, no NOA1 yet

2009-08-14: NOA1, eeee!

2009-09-08: Walk-in biometrics, all done!

2009-09-15: Got AP, woo + driving permit

2009-09-25: Approved for EAD, waiting for card

2009-09-30: EAD in hand :D

2009-10-16: Received interview letter for 20th October :D

2009-10-20: AOS APPROVED!

2009-10-30: Green card in hand! Weeeeeee!

Hope everything goes well tomorrow obbynox!

K1 Journey

I-129F Sent : 2nd July 2008

NOA1 : 25th July 2008

NOA2 : 28th November 2008

NVC Received : 2nd December 2008

NVC Left : 12th January 2009

Consulate Received : 26th January 2009

Packet 3 Sent : 27th January 2009

Interview: 19th February 2009

Visa in hand : 24th February 2009

Flew to US: 28th February 2009

Wedding Day 10th March 2009 in snowy Colorado

AOS Journey

AOS package sent : 24th March 2009

NOA: 31st March 2009

AOS transferred to CSC: 13th April 2009

Biometrics Appt: 23rd April 2009

AOS approved 13th May 2009

Green Card received 9th June 2009

Stuck in AP at NVC thread

UK AOS Progress Timeline

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Best of luck, Obbynox!

And hrmhh...Laura, can you clarify in the other thread whether the embassy will be closed from another source? I just checked the embassy website and it doesn't say anything...

Magpie.

I can't. It just said on the corporate site where I book business travel that due to the US Embassy being closed between those dates no visa's will be issued. I wish I could link it but I can't as you need a password. It doesn't give any reason why.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Congrats Sad Eyes ... and good luck Obynoxx!!

We got Packet 3 in the post today .... :dance:

I'll be sending the stuff out to them on Monday ... I don't have a printer at the moment so will need to wait until Saturday to get access to one ....

Can someone confirm that it's only the checklist and the DS-230 Part 1 that I need to send off??? My brain's mince now ... just so excited about the whole thing!

Oh, I got Steve to rake out the tax stuff that he filed last year .. hopefully that will do as proof of income along with the letter from his workplace and his bank. I don't want to wait until this year's taxes are done - so he's just going to send me what he has ... :D

OK .. get your crystal balls out everyone. If I send the pack back on Monday .... any guess-timates on when my interview might be??

I'm laughing here ... what a silly question .... :rofl:

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Moira x

K-1

All information is in my timeline ....

AOS

08.22.09 ~~~ Posted AOS docs to Chicago

08.28.09 ~~~ Notice Date

08.31.09 ~~~ Received 3 x NOA's in the mail

09.01.09 ~~~ Date changed on status tracker - a "touch" woot ....

09.04.09 ~~~ Appointment notice arrived for Biometrics

09.22.09 ~~~ Biometrics

09.22.09 ~~~ A wee touch to AOS and EAD

09.23.09 ~~~ Another touch to both - email re transfer to Calfornia

10.05.09 ~~~ Emails to say both EAD and AP are approved!

10.06.09 ~~~ Touches to both EAD and AP

10.07.09 ~~~ Touch to EAD

10.08.09 ~~~ Touch and email advising card production for EAD

10.13.09 ~~~ EAD received!

10.15.09 ~~~ Applied for SS Number .....

10.20.09 ~~~ Email saying AOS approved and card being produced!!

10.24.09 ~~~ Green card received!

Congrats Sad Eyes ... and good luck Obynoxx!!

We got Packet 3 in the post today .... :dance:

I'll be sending the stuff out to them on Monday ... I don't have a printer at the moment so will need to wait until Saturday to get access to one ....

Can someone confirm that it's only the checklist and the DS-230 Part 1 that I need to send off??? My brain's mince now ... just so excited about the whole thing!

Oh, I got Steve to rake out the tax stuff that he filed last year .. hopefully that will do as proof of income along with the letter from his workplace and his bank. I don't want to wait until this year's taxes are done - so he's just going to send me what he has ... :D

OK .. get your crystal balls out everyone. If I send the pack back on Monday .... any guess-timates on when my interview might be??

I'm laughing here ... what a silly question .... :rofl:

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Moira x

Hi Moira, you also need to send Forms DS-156, DS-156K and DS-157 (all in duplicate). If you go to the website it says in Packet 3 and SCROLL down the page (don't click on the 'jumps' because they send you to an old page) there is a box called 'What Happens next' which is very useful. You can do steps 1 and 2 in one go if you have all your documents ready (or think you will soon) and booked your medical. The date of your inteview will be affected by what you put in the 'Date of travel' box I think - apparently usually about a month before that - but really who knows??! Good luck!

Alright everyone, finally we are locked into gear... we have successfully rescheduled our interview for: April 28.

We can relax a bit now...even though it means another month's wait... :whistle:

But on a very positive note, the embassy was very fast in getting back to us. We sent an email and they acknowledged it later the same day, and the next day they emailed back giving up the new interview date (and it is a date we wanted!) and informing us that the new packet 4 is on the way. :yes:

Edited by MARM

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline
Alright everyone, finally we are locked into gear... we have successfully rescheduled our interview for: April 28.

We can relax a bit now...even though it means another month's wait... :whistle:

But on a very positive note, the embassy was very fast in getting back to us. We sent an email and they acknowledged it later the same day, and the next day they emailed back giving up the new interview date (and it is a date we wanted!) and informing us that the new packet 4 is on the way. :yes:

That's great news Marm!!

We got our packet 3 in the post yesterday ... so it's all systems go to get it sent back for Monday ... :D I think I know what you mean about relaxing now ... I don't think I would mind waiting as long as I had a date to look forward to!

Oh, can I ask you ... when you emailed the Embassy, did you need a special code? Or did you just send it normally?

Have a great weekend everyone ...

Moira x

K-1

All information is in my timeline ....

AOS

08.22.09 ~~~ Posted AOS docs to Chicago

08.28.09 ~~~ Notice Date

08.31.09 ~~~ Received 3 x NOA's in the mail

09.01.09 ~~~ Date changed on status tracker - a "touch" woot ....

09.04.09 ~~~ Appointment notice arrived for Biometrics

09.22.09 ~~~ Biometrics

09.22.09 ~~~ A wee touch to AOS and EAD

09.23.09 ~~~ Another touch to both - email re transfer to Calfornia

10.05.09 ~~~ Emails to say both EAD and AP are approved!

10.06.09 ~~~ Touches to both EAD and AP

10.07.09 ~~~ Touch to EAD

10.08.09 ~~~ Touch and email advising card production for EAD

10.13.09 ~~~ EAD received!

10.15.09 ~~~ Applied for SS Number .....

10.20.09 ~~~ Email saying AOS approved and card being produced!!

10.24.09 ~~~ Green card received!

That's great news Marm!!

We got our packet 3 in the post yesterday ... so it's all systems go to get it sent back for Monday ... :D I think I know what you mean about relaxing now ... I don't think I would mind waiting as long as I had a date to look forward to!

Oh, can I ask you ... when you emailed the Embassy, did you need a special code? Or did you just send it normally?

Have a great weekend everyone ...

Moira x

Congrats on receiving packet 3 :) Yes, before my fiance emailed the embassy he called the the embassy and asked for the email code. If you don't include that code in the subject/body of your email, they delete it and your email will not get acknowledged. The charges for calling the embassy (1.20 GBP/ minute) are ridiculous, but it does not take longer than 2 minutes to get the email code. My fiance called them as soon as their office opened: 8:00 AM. The phone number to get the email code is:

For Operator Assisted Visa Information call 09042-450100 (this is NOT a London number. It does not require any other prefix or dialling code.) Service available Monday through Friday, 8.00 a.m. until 8.00 p.m., and on Saturdays from 10.00 a.m. until 4.00 p.m.; £1.20/min; only available in the U.K., within U.K. may be unavailable from some business telephones and mobile networks.

Edited by MARM

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.