Laura+Tom

The 2009 United Kingdom Interview Thread!

3,097 posts in this topic

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

good luck for tomorrow for pothergavel

Thanks Talyss, much appreciated :D Heading down to London in a few hours - I think the technical term for what i'm experiencing is "shi**ing myself"

Good luck from me as well

Honestly it is not gonna be as bad as you think it is mostly just waiting around, you will be fine

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks Talyss, much appreciated :D Heading down to London in a few hours - I think the technical term for what i'm experiencing is "shi**ing myself"

Honestly it is not gonna be as bad as you think it is mostly just waiting around, you will be fine

Haha, thanks. I read all the reviews and they are so positive, that it just makes things worse! It's more a panic that I don't have all the paperwork, or something will be missing, rather than a concern about anything else!

:D Best of luck, pothergavel. Knock 'em dead with your awesomeness! :P

Magpie.

Upon the mountain of that which would undo us, our banner shall fly highest.

For K-1 timeline, please check our story!

:: Before-AOS Timeline ::

2009-06-16: Received SSN

2009-06-18: Got my degree classification! Got a 2:1 =D.

2009-07-04: Got MARRIED on Independance Day in San Antonio!

:: AOS Timeline ::

2009-08-06: Mailed off our AOS packet!

2009-08-10: USCIS received packet, no NOA1 yet

2009-08-14: NOA1, eeee!

2009-09-08: Walk-in biometrics, all done!

2009-09-15: Got AP, woo + driving permit

2009-09-25: Approved for EAD, waiting for card

2009-09-30: EAD in hand :D

2009-10-16: Received interview letter for 20th October :D

2009-10-20: AOS APPROVED!

2009-10-30: Green card in hand! Weeeeeee!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Well, karenandtrev, I sincerely hope you won't get the RFE at all. There is a slight difference (surprise, surprise) between how CSC and VSC process RFE and recently the VSC's record in dealing with RFEs has not been the greatest. If you are lucky, you are looking at around 2 weeks but most of us with RFE have been waiting well over 3 weeks. I'm on my 34th day today with no hope of an approval soon. I'm sure that in the grand scheme of things that is a minute wait but right now, it feels like a century. So I really hope you'll be able to avoid it.

Good luck.

Hi ...

Wow .. I didn't realise the timescales are so different in Vermont. That's a long wait, I'm sure I'd have been climbing the walls by now. I guess our RFE was relatively simple if it was resolved that quickly - and as I said, different issues may have different timescales ...

Hopefully Vermont will send your approval soon ....

Moira x

K-1

All information is in my timeline ....

AOS

08.22.09 ~~~ Posted AOS docs to Chicago

08.28.09 ~~~ Notice Date

08.31.09 ~~~ Received 3 x NOA's in the mail

09.01.09 ~~~ Date changed on status tracker - a "touch" woot ....

09.04.09 ~~~ Appointment notice arrived for Biometrics

09.22.09 ~~~ Biometrics

09.22.09 ~~~ A wee touch to AOS and EAD

09.23.09 ~~~ Another touch to both - email re transfer to Calfornia

10.05.09 ~~~ Emails to say both EAD and AP are approved!

10.06.09 ~~~ Touches to both EAD and AP

10.07.09 ~~~ Touch to EAD

10.08.09 ~~~ Touch and email advising card production for EAD

10.13.09 ~~~ EAD received!

10.15.09 ~~~ Applied for SS Number .....

10.20.09 ~~~ Email saying AOS approved and card being produced!!

10.24.09 ~~~ Green card received!

Pothergavel:

Good luck for tomorrow from me too.

Edited by Rob&Dawn

07/15/2008 I-129f sent to VSC

07/19/2008 I-129f received at VSC

12/09/2008 NOA2 approved

01/13/2009 Medical completed

02/03/2009 Interview - APPROVED!!

02/28/2009 POE Raleigh/Durham

05/02/2009 Official wedding day...get to see the family!

04/11/2009 AOS paperwork sent

04/17/2009 NOA for I-765 & I-131

05/13/2009 Biometrics appointment

05/08/2009 Biometrics done

06/05/2009 EAD & AP approved

06/23/2009 back in the UK

Timeline

Pothergavel:

Good luck for tomorrow from me too.

Good luck with the interviews ... :dance:

K-1

AOS

08.28.09 ~~~ Notice Date

09.22.09 ~~~ Biometrics

Timeline

Hi All ...

I have some questions - hopefully someone can help! I have looked throught the site and found answers for some of my queries, but can't find the rest of the answers I need ...

On the DS-230 form ... where it says .... 19. List Names, Dates and Places of Birth, and Addresses of ALL Children. Do I list my kids? They're both over 21, married and aren't going to the USA with me. We already had an RFE for including them in the I-129F, so I'm a bit wary on this one ... The example form didn't help as the applicant was childless ... :no:

Is it feasible to have my medical on one day and the interview on the next? I realise I'd need to wait for the medical results before any visa would be issued, but I'll be travelling from Scotland, and don't want to make two journeys down to London if I can avoid it. Also, someone mentioned the name of a hotel across the road from the Embassy - and I can't find the post that I saw it in .. any suggestions on where to stay? Somewhere central to both the Embassy and the Dr's Office? How far is the Dr's office away from the Embassy? Is it within walking distance? Sorry lol - I keep thinking of more questions to ask ....

Lastly ... I know I'm going to need some moral support on the day, so my Mum is going to be travelling with me - is it OK if my Mum comes into the Embassy with me?

Thanks in advance ...

Moira x

K-1

AOS

08.28.09 ~~~ Notice Date

09.22.09 ~~~ Biometrics

On the DS-230 form ... where it says .... 19. List Names, Dates and Places of Birth, and Addresses of ALL Children. Do I list my kids? They're both over 21, married and aren't going to the USA with me. We already had an RFE for including them in the I-129F, so I'm a bit wary on this one ... The example form didn't help as the applicant was childless ... :no:

The "ALL" in capitals would suggest to me that they're quite insistent on you listing all of your children.

Question 21 asks for the children who will be going to the States with you, so that seems to be a separate issue.

Is it feasible to have my medical on one day and the interview on the next? I realise I'd need to wait for the medical results before any visa would be issued, but I'll be travelling from Scotland, and don't want to make two journeys down to London if I can avoid it. Also, someone mentioned the name of a hotel across the road from the Embassy - and I can't find the post that I saw it in .. any suggestions on where to stay? Somewhere central to both the Embassy and the Dr's Office? How far is the Dr's office away from the Embassy? Is it within walking distance? Sorry lol - I keep thinking of more questions to ask ....

Yes, provided you don't mind waiting a while to get your visa, you can schedule the medical for the day before the interview.

You don't say what doctor's office you're going to, but the Bentinck Street office is 9 minutes walk from the embassy according to Google, and the Basil Street office is 24 minutes walk away.

They're all near tube stations though, so it won't be hard to get around if you don't feel like walking too far.

Lastly ... I know I'm going to need some moral support on the day, so my Mum is going to be travelling with me - is it OK if my Mum comes into the Embassy with me?

As far as I know, you'll have to go into the embassy on your own. There's also no place outside to wait, though there are a few pubs nearby.

Don't worry about it though, you'll be absolutely fine. B)

Edited by Marty J

10 Nov 08 - I-129F Sent

13 Nov 08 - I-129F NOA1

06 Feb 09 - I-129F NOA2

09 Feb 09 - NVC Received

11 Feb 09 - NVC Left

20 Feb 09 - Packet 3 Rec'd

20 Feb 09 - Packet 3 Sent

24 Mar 09 - Medical

30 Mar 09 - Packet 4 Rec'd

24 Apr 09 - Interview Date

03 Jun 09 - US entry

20 Jul 09 - AOS filed

12 Aug 09 - Biometrics

05 Oct 09 - Green Card rec'd

You don't say what doctor's office you're going to, but the Bentinck Street office is 9 minutes walk from the embassy according to Google, and the Basil Street office is 24 minutes walk away.

They're all near tube stations though, so it won't be hard to get around if you don't feel like walking too far.

Just as an aside, US visa medicals are only available at the Bentinck Street office -- it's been well over 2 years since they offered them at Basil Street but it appears the Embassy STILL hasn't updated that (surprise, surprise).

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Just as an aside, US visa medicals are only available at the Bentinck Street office -- it's been well over 2 years since they offered them at Basil Street but it appears the Embassy STILL hasn't updated that (surprise, surprise).

interesting. thanks.

its a shame that the embassy website isnt updated more frequently considering how many questions they can answer before they even get asked. i would imagine the absolute most current information being available to interested parties would serve the embassy well. in this day and age, i think its embarrassing that there are typos and out-of-date information on the site. seems like a bit half-assed in the context of a process that is explicitly not half-assed.

i guess ive heard that the site has been improved from what it was in the past, so maybe i shouldnt complain.

21 oct 08 : i-129F sent / 22 oct 08 : NOA1 / 23 feb 09: NOA2 / 13 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 3' / 28 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 4' / 20 apr 09 : interview / 22 apr 09 : passport/visa delivery by courier / 29 apr 09 : POE @ PHL / <3 05 may 09 : married <3 / 06 jul 09 : AOS submitted / 09 jul 09 : NOA for EAD/AP/i-485 / 28 jul 09 : biometrics / 31 aug 09 : AP rec'd / 02 sep 09 : EAD rec'd / 19 oct 09 : conditional green card rec'd

16 jul 11 : i-751 sent to VSC (fedex)

18 jul 11 : fedex confirmed delivery; NOA1 generated

20 jul 11 : NOA1 notice rec'd; check cashed; touch

26 jul 11 : NOA2 generated

28 jul 11 : NOA2 biometrics appt letter rec'd

29 jul 11 : letter req biometrics appt rescheduling sent

09 aug 11 : biometrics appt (could not attend); NOA3 generated

11 aug 11 : NOA3 (rescheduled) biometrics appt letter rec'd

24 aug 11 : biometrics appt

14 oct 11 : conditional green card expiry date

16 nov 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR online

18 nov 11 : mailed i-865 for USC

22 nov 11 : moved house; NOA4 change of address for USC rec'd

13 dec 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR by phone

29 dec 11 : filed hardcopy AR-11 for LPR by mail

18 jan 12 : 6 month mark ROC

05 apr 12 : approval letter rec'd

16 jul 12 : n-400 filing window opens

immediate concerns:

none, immigration-wise.

That's good to know!

They're only a couple of minutes walk from each other then, and Bond Street tube station is central to both of them.

Edited by Marty J

10 Nov 08 - I-129F Sent

13 Nov 08 - I-129F NOA1

06 Feb 09 - I-129F NOA2

09 Feb 09 - NVC Received

11 Feb 09 - NVC Left

20 Feb 09 - Packet 3 Rec'd

20 Feb 09 - Packet 3 Sent

24 Mar 09 - Medical

30 Mar 09 - Packet 4 Rec'd

24 Apr 09 - Interview Date

03 Jun 09 - US entry

20 Jul 09 - AOS filed

12 Aug 09 - Biometrics

05 Oct 09 - Green Card rec'd

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.