Laura+Tom

The 2009 United Kingdom Interview Thread!

3,097 posts in this topic

:dance::dance::dance: APPROVED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done Shaz!!! :thumbs::dance::D:lol: piece of cake!! :P xxxxx

Congratulations Shaz!!!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

thank you!!!!!!

See ya in Texas, looks like I am leaving on the 10th May

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
ahh that is great news caminic I didnt get any news today for my fiancee and his date I was going to have him send in another checklist in the mail tomorrow and make it return receipt requested this time because he didnt do it last time. And this time I had him put down a travel date because when he sent that packet 3 letter in he didnt have his medical at first. I called dos today they didnt have it in the system but they did have his medical report. So do you think it is a good idea I have him send that packet 3 checklist in again or should I wait.

Has your fiancé tried emailing the embassy and asking if they have received it?

I called the embassy today paid the 16.00 dollars. They gave me the email and I wrote them a note saying he sent the packet on feb 3 and had his medical on feb 13 and it was still not in the system. And what can I do now to obtain an interview date. So hopefully that will work and I hear something soon and get his interview asap. If we dont hear anything next week it is back to calling and nagging dos and embassy ill pay the 16.00 dollars until I hear some news. My noa2 expires in May. So I cross my fingers I get something soon. :crying:

i called DOS ystday they said that "you are eligible for an interview, it just takes them time to find the dates" .. so I guess MARM you just have to hold on and wait.. urghhh!

I also called DOS today and they said that the packet 3 is in the system and that you are eligible for an interview, but no interview date assigned yet! :angry: Time is really going by so s------l-----o-----w, if we knew the interview date we could speed things up in terms of our planning. I have not even sent my fiance the documents from here because I wanted to date everything as close to the interview date as possible. Everything is ready, we are just waiting for our assigned interview date. I guess I will be making a call everyday from now onwards to find out when the interview date is. They should be assigning early April interview dates by now. I hope we get our date by the end of this week. Let me know when you get your interview date!

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Timeline

I know how frusting it is Marm in the same boat as you sent an email to the embassy yesterday and hope to get a response to find out where my packet 3 is and when we can get an interview date. If I dont hear anything by monday ill be calling again. But see that is just my luck if I dont have bad luck I dont have any luck at all. To think that after you get your NOA2 they said things move much faster now. We I guess not in my case. But hopefully soon we will hear anything. Keep me posted.

Hi All

If the interview is scheduled for 9am (I presume thta everyone has that time) what time should I get to the embassy?

Thanks

03/16/08- Engaged

07/10/08- I-129F was delivered to Vermont

04/29/09 - Entry to USA

05/30/09 - MARRIED

06/01/09 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP

06/23/09 - Moved to CSC

09/25/09 - GC Received

06/24/11 - I-751 Filed

No I had mine at 8am, they book them every half hour from what I could tell from the people I was sitting with

I got there early at around 7.30 and was in the embassy at 7.40 and sat there waiting for them to open the counters which they did propmtly at 8.

The guy who was in the line next to me had his appointment at 8.30 and was let in at the same time as me, so I would get there 15 - 30 mins before

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

A BIG congratulations to those of you who have their visa approved, you must be well relieved and also proabably fairly nervous about the big move coz I am. For a process that's been dragging on for what seems like an eternity, I finally have my interview on the 27th March at 10am. Of course I'm having all these mad freak outs about copies of this and that and what evidence to bring. It seems like they barely look at anything you take to London but I'll be sure to take everything I think I'll need.

Just out of interest, is anyone moving to San Francisco or is it just little old me??

JoJo XX

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
January 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

Jason&Sarah, Hannah+Vito, Mrssmith, ShannonNick, adrianandlinsay, Marmite Lovers!

February 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

Rob&Dawn, Zoe and Hal, Terri and Seb, Talyss, TeeKol

March 2009 Interviews

Stinky Monkey...............K1......................................6th March 2009 APPROVED!!!!
Dave and Jess...............K1......................................10th March 2009
skparker........................K1......................................12th March 2009
pothergavel...................K1......................................16th March 2009
texpat cymru.................K1......................................18th March 2009
The Dip Sticks................K3......................................25th March 2009
Caminic.........................K1......................................25th March 2009
Furious Biscuit...............K1......................................27th March 2009
jojo gee........................K1......................................27th March 2009
KnightAndMagpie..........K1......................................30th March 2009

Still waiting for approval

Sad Eyes..........................................25th February 2008 - Still stuck in AP?
stevi1123.........................................16th October 2008 - Approved pending additional documentation
Marie620..........................................12th January 2009 - Denied, to file waiver
DairyFarmer.....................................5th March 2009 - Placed in AP

Good luck today, skparker!

And has anybody heard from Dave and Jess? Their interview was two days ago...

Magpie.

Upon the mountain of that which would undo us, our banner shall fly highest.

For K-1 timeline, please check our story!

:: Before-AOS Timeline ::

2009-06-16: Received SSN

2009-06-18: Got my degree classification! Got a 2:1 =D.

2009-07-04: Got MARRIED on Independance Day in San Antonio!

:: AOS Timeline ::

2009-08-06: Mailed off our AOS packet!

2009-08-10: USCIS received packet, no NOA1 yet

2009-08-14: NOA1, eeee!

2009-09-08: Walk-in biometrics, all done!

2009-09-15: Got AP, woo + driving permit

2009-09-25: Approved for EAD, waiting for card

2009-09-30: EAD in hand :D

2009-10-16: Received interview letter for 20th October :D

2009-10-20: AOS APPROVED!

2009-10-30: Green card in hand! Weeeeeee!

Anyone know what address for the London embassy to send a specific interview request letter to?

We are writing to request an interview date during a specific week period in late April due to some college work my fiance needs to finish. We are unsure of which address to send the letter to.

Is it the same one that we sent Packet 3 to (the one below)?

Immigrant Visa Unit

5 Upper Grosvenor Street

London W1A 2JB

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Yes that's the correct address.

2008 Dec 01: Sent I-130

2008 Dec 04: Application returned (needed to supply proof of residence in UK)

2008 Dec 08: Sent amended I-130 with evidence

2008 Dec 10: Application filing date

2008 Dec 23: Received letter requesting interview about petition

2009 Jan 22: Appointment at US Embassy (verification of marriage bona fides)

2009 Jan 23: Approval of I-130

2009 Feb 13: Received Packet 3

2009 Feb 16: Returned Packet 3

2009 Feb 24: Medical exam at Knightsbridge Doctors

2009 Mar 05: Received Packet 4

2009 Mar 30: Visa interview - approved

2009 Mar 31: Visa received via SMS courier

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Just wanted to say Hi to everyone ....

Steve received our NOA2 on 5th March and got a letter from the NVC saying that our file was on it's way to the London Embassy on the 9th of March ...

OMG ... is there where I start to panic??? :)

I think I'm all organised .... I HOPE I'm all organised ... I'll double and triple check it all over the weekend!!! :D

Good luck to all ... I hope we're on that interview list soon!!!

Moira

K-1

All information is in my timeline ....

AOS

08.22.09 ~~~ Posted AOS docs to Chicago

08.28.09 ~~~ Notice Date

08.31.09 ~~~ Received 3 x NOA's in the mail

09.01.09 ~~~ Date changed on status tracker - a "touch" woot ....

09.04.09 ~~~ Appointment notice arrived for Biometrics

09.22.09 ~~~ Biometrics

09.22.09 ~~~ A wee touch to AOS and EAD

09.23.09 ~~~ Another touch to both - email re transfer to Calfornia

10.05.09 ~~~ Emails to say both EAD and AP are approved!

10.06.09 ~~~ Touches to both EAD and AP

10.07.09 ~~~ Touch to EAD

10.08.09 ~~~ Touch and email advising card production for EAD

10.13.09 ~~~ EAD received!

10.15.09 ~~~ Applied for SS Number .....

10.20.09 ~~~ Email saying AOS approved and card being produced!!

10.24.09 ~~~ Green card received!

Timeline
A BIG congratulations to those of you who have their visa approved, you must be well relieved and also proabably fairly nervous about the big move coz I am. For a process that's been dragging on for what seems like an eternity, I finally have my interview on the 27th March at 10am. Of course I'm having all these mad freak outs about copies of this and that and what evidence to bring. It seems like they barely look at anything you take to London but I'll be sure to take everything I think I'll need.

Just out of interest, is anyone moving to San Francisco or is it just little old me??

JoJo XX

Yes! I am hopefully :D Well that area anyway, probably Walnut Creek :D

Hi everyone, I've just joined visa journey after following it over the last few months! I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what I can be doing while waiting for my NOA2? Is it worth getting the police check done now, or closer to the interview? And also, is there just the one centre in the UK that I can get the medical done at? It seems ridiculous that I have to go to London for the medical and the interview! Thanks, its very comforting knowing that there are other people out there in the same situation as Trev and I :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.