Laura+Tom

The 2009 United Kingdom Interview Thread!

3,097 posts in this topic

Marm,

My fiancee sent his packet 3 feb 4 and I still have no word on packet 4 think im getting the run around because we called the london embassy and they said it could take up to 6 to 8 weeks. But then again that is just my luck....

Did you call DOS and ask if you have been assigned an interview date? DOS usually has status on that before the packet 4 is sent out.

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Marm,

My fiancee sent his packet 3 feb 4 and I still have no word on packet 4 think im getting the run around because we called the london embassy and they said it could take up to 6 to 8 weeks. But then again that is just my luck....

Did you call DOS and ask if you have been assigned an interview date? DOS usually has status on that before the packet 4 is sent out.

Marm.. still now interview date?

Marm.. still now interview date?

Well we sent back packet 3 response on Feb 24, embassy received it on Feb 25, so we are not worried about not getting our packet 4 by now, but I will call DOS by the end of next week if we don't get it by then...just to find out when the interview date is...since we are planning a trip to Pakistan before my fiance's POE, we are quite busy with planning and preparing, so no hurry at the moment, but will call DOS by end of next week just to find out.

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Timeline

I've been calling the dos and they said it is not in the system and that i would have to call the london embassy to find out they wont give me any more information I call them almost everyday to check if we got an interview date yet. He went for his medical feb 13 so I assume london embassy has that already. He never sent it return receipt requested do you think that may be a problem and they never received it i really couldnt see that happening but he just sent it regular mail....Oh getting stressed out lol...

If I was you I would send copies of everything again with a covering letter explaining why you have sent the forms again

It wont hurt and might get them to process it quicker

It did take them almost 3 weeks to put mine on the system

Timeline

Okay but my fiancee being a man. Never made any copies of the checklist because I asked him. he just mailed it in. I said did you make copies he said no. Do I call the london embassy and ask for another packet 3 and send it again. It already has been over a month since he sent the packet 3 in.

Edited by skeez&titanic

Okay but my fiancee being a man. Never made any copies of the checklist because I asked him. he just mailed it in. I said did you make copies he said no. Do I call the london embassy and ask for another packet 3 and send it again. It already has been over a month since he sent the packet 3 in.

I'm sure someone has scanned copies of it...or just download the forms again and the checklist online. The tricky thing is remembering exactly what you wrote the first time around, but that should be fairly straightforward.

Magpie.

Upon the mountain of that which would undo us, our banner shall fly highest.

For K-1 timeline, please check our story!

:: Before-AOS Timeline ::

2009-06-16: Received SSN

2009-06-18: Got my degree classification! Got a 2:1 =D.

2009-07-04: Got MARRIED on Independance Day in San Antonio!

:: AOS Timeline ::

2009-08-06: Mailed off our AOS packet!

2009-08-10: USCIS received packet, no NOA1 yet

2009-08-14: NOA1, eeee!

2009-09-08: Walk-in biometrics, all done!

2009-09-15: Got AP, woo + driving permit

2009-09-25: Approved for EAD, waiting for card

2009-09-30: EAD in hand :D

2009-10-16: Received interview letter for 20th October :D

2009-10-20: AOS APPROVED!

2009-10-30: Green card in hand! Weeeeeee!

Make sure he keeps copies this time and take them along to the interview just incase they cant find them, as this happened to Dawn and Rob and she just handed them her copies

Timeline

I want to give an update on my situation with packet 3 and not getting packet 4. I am right that skeez&titanic are on the same time scale as us right now. We sent our packet 3 out on Feb. 4th and the Embassy received it, and signed for it on the 6th. I think they are doing the same things to our case. I had called the DOS on Thursday then decided to call again Friday, after speaking again to the DOS and our case still not being in their system after a month we decided to send in another packet 3 to the Embassy with a letter explaining that DOS suggested it. Then I took time off of work to go in late so I could call the Embassy in London. After paying the overpriced fee, the guy I spoke with also said they had no record of packet 3 in their system. However, they did have a record Nic’s medical which was a full week after the Embassy received packet 3. He gave me the email code and told me what information to send in his exact words, “those documents you sent should have been in our system in 2 weeks, 4 weeks tops, and it has been past that so it is very likely there is a problem.” Of course that made me feel worse than ever. I told him that we had re-sent another packet 3 that very day and he said “good, I was going to recommend that.” He was very polite to me and did not give me anything excuses or say anything about waiting longer. As a matter of fact he seemed more concerned that it was not in the system than me. So I sent in an email, got an automated response that it would take about 4 days for them to answer and now I am back to the waiting game. This set back and being told nothing has really broken my spirit. I just want to here something at this point, even a lie or story would be nice from the Embassy. Their concern has worried me more than ever and now I am starting to believe me and Nic are going to be celebrating our 5 year anniversary apart…again. Hopefully this week we will know something. Thanks for all the help everyone and I am very happy that so many other cases are going well.

Timeline

09/12/2004 met him in England

01/01/2008 Engaged

08/07/2008 sent I-129F

08/12/2008 I-129F received at VSC

08/14/2008 NOA1

01/08/2009 NOA2

01/13/2009 NVC received

01/14/2009 received hardcopy NOA2

01/14/2009 NVC sent package to UK embassy

01/28/2009 received packet 3

02/04/2009 sent back packet 3

02/13/2009 medical

03/25/2009 interview Approved

We have had 12 visits since 2004

I want to give an update on my situation with packet 3 and not getting packet 4. I am right that skeez&titanic are on the same time scale as us right now. We sent our packet 3 out on Feb. 4th and the Embassy received it, and signed for it on the 6th. I think they are doing the same things to our case. I had called the DOS on Thursday then decided to call again Friday, after speaking again to the DOS and our case still not being in their system after a month we decided to send in another packet 3 to the Embassy with a letter explaining that DOS suggested it. Then I took time off of work to go in late so I could call the Embassy in London. After paying the overpriced fee, the guy I spoke with also said they had no record of packet 3 in their system. However, they did have a record Nic’s medical which was a full week after the Embassy received packet 3. He gave me the email code and told me what information to send in his exact words, “those documents you sent should have been in our system in 2 weeks, 4 weeks tops, and it has been past that so it is very likely there is a problem.” Of course that made me feel worse than ever. I told him that we had re-sent another packet 3 that very day and he said “good, I was going to recommend that.” He was very polite to me and did not give me anything excuses or say anything about waiting longer. As a matter of fact he seemed more concerned that it was not in the system than me. So I sent in an email, got an automated response that it would take about 4 days for them to answer and now I am back to the waiting game. This set back and being told nothing has really broken my spirit. I just want to here something at this point, even a lie or story would be nice from the Embassy. Their concern has worried me more than ever and now I am starting to believe me and Nic are going to be celebrating our 5 year anniversary apart…again. Hopefully this week we will know something. Thanks for all the help everyone and I am very happy that so many other cases are going well.

Don't lose faith, dear...it will be okay. They do take a few days to respond and I'm sure that there isn't a weird problem -- it's likely a glitch in the system. I'm sure they'll find out what it is and you'll be back on track in no time.

Hugs!

Magpie.

Upon the mountain of that which would undo us, our banner shall fly highest.

For K-1 timeline, please check our story!

:: Before-AOS Timeline ::

2009-06-16: Received SSN

2009-06-18: Got my degree classification! Got a 2:1 =D.

2009-07-04: Got MARRIED on Independance Day in San Antonio!

:: AOS Timeline ::

2009-08-06: Mailed off our AOS packet!

2009-08-10: USCIS received packet, no NOA1 yet

2009-08-14: NOA1, eeee!

2009-09-08: Walk-in biometrics, all done!

2009-09-15: Got AP, woo + driving permit

2009-09-25: Approved for EAD, waiting for card

2009-09-30: EAD in hand :D

2009-10-16: Received interview letter for 20th October :D

2009-10-20: AOS APPROVED!

2009-10-30: Green card in hand! Weeeeeee!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
January 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

Jason&Sarah, Hannah+Vito, Mrssmith, ShannonNick, adrianandlinsay, Marmite Lovers!

February 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

Rob&Dawn, Zoe and Hal, Terri and Seb, Talyss, TeeKol

March 2009 Interviews

Stinky Monkey...............K1......................................6th March 2009 APPROVED!!!!
Dave and Jess...............K1......................................10th March 2009
skparker.......................K1.......................................12th March 2009
pothergavel...................K1......................................16th March 2009
texpat cymru.................K1......................................18th March 2009
The Dip Sticks................K3......................................25th March 2009
Furious Biscuit...............K1......................................27th March 2009
KnightAndMagpie..........K1......................................30th March 2009

Still waiting for approval

Sad Eyes..........................................25th February 2008 - Still stuck in AP?
stevi1123.........................................16th October 2008 - Approved pending additional documentation
Marie620..........................................12th January 2009 - Denied, to file waiver
DairyFarmer.....................................5th March 2009 - Placed in AP

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Don't lose faith, dear..

LOL @ Magpie sounding like someone's nan! :rofl:

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.