Laura+Tom

The 2009 United Kingdom Interview Thread!

3,097 posts in this topic

Its done now for a 5 day count down, or should it be a 5 working day count down.

Anyway another part finished. :dancing:

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its done now for a 5 day count down, or should it be a 5 working day count down.

Anyway another part finished. :dancing:

Huzzah! See, all done.

Upon the mountain of that which would undo us, our banner shall fly highest.

For K-1 timeline, please check our story!

:: Before-AOS Timeline ::

2009-06-16: Received SSN

2009-06-18: Got my degree classification! Got a 2:1 =D.

2009-07-04: Got MARRIED on Independance Day in San Antonio!

:: AOS Timeline ::

2009-08-06: Mailed off our AOS packet!

2009-08-10: USCIS received packet, no NOA1 yet

2009-08-14: NOA1, eeee!

2009-09-08: Walk-in biometrics, all done!

2009-09-15: Got AP, woo + driving permit

2009-09-25: Approved for EAD, waiting for card

2009-09-30: EAD in hand :D

2009-10-16: Received interview letter for 20th October :D

2009-10-20: AOS APPROVED!

2009-10-30: Green card in hand! Weeeeeee!

Yeah for the Farmer. I hated those SMS dudes. I waited two days at Nick's house afraid to go out in the garden for fear they would ring the bell and I would miss them. After 9 hours or so they day they were supposed to come, I called and asked if they were still coming or could I take my pressed nose off the front window. The truck had broken down in the morning so they stopped deliveries. Geez...would have been nice to know that. Next day I called them about every hour and they actually called the driver to find out where he was and would call me back. I think it was after 4 pm when the visa finally came. So I still hate them for making me a prisoner in the front room watching that flog it guy and Cash in the Attic, etc.

We are fine from the wreck. We just got rear ended by somebody. It was just a little embarassing to damage a vehicle that belonged to a car dealership. Nick jumped out of the car to approach the one who hit us and he said it did cross his mind that they might have a gun. hahaha. I swear, the British are obsessed with the gun carrying people over here. That never crossed my mind. Luckily it was a very sweet young teacher who had insurance. When we got back to the dealership, I asked how much the discount would be since the vehicle was now damaged goods, even after they repaint the rear bumper. :lol:

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

You are cheeky asking for a discount.

I am more a Homes Under the Hammer, Renovation girl but I know what you mean, I was going stir crazy though and will again from Monday I think.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Good news to all those who have been sorted out since my last trip here :D Good luck with the rest of the journey and i'll try not to be too jealous!

Just a quick update from me.

Got an email back from the londonconsular address after 16 days! Apparently they have all my paperwork and I should be getting pack 4 with the interview date some time in the next 4-6 weeks. Let's hope that actually turns up as there's still no sign of pack 3!

Does anyone have any idea how long the scheduling gap is roughly? I see people with date scheduled for the end of March, so i'm guessing a few months on top of the 4-6 weeks? At least it's getting closer with each day that passes :D

Both of you are making me laugh. :lol:

:ot: Magpie, you've got it together for a kid. I would swear you were 35 if I didn't know better. A problem solver, thinker, and funny. Here's a gold star for you. :star:

I met a cop in London named Magpie. It was the night of the Queen's Jubilee on the Mall near Buckingham with the thousands of people. He let me wear his big tall policeman's hat.

We've been gone all day into Houston car shopping. It was an adventure. We were driving a top of the line 2009 Mazda for a test drive and had a wreck. :oops: (Nick was driving)

where's my gold star :crying:

god I hope Nick did not total the car, PM me I want details

Good news to all those who have been sorted out since my last trip here :D Good luck with the rest of the journey and i'll try not to be too jealous!

Got an email back from the londonconsular address after 16 days! Apparently they have all my paperwork and I should be getting pack 4 with the interview date some time in the next 4-6 weeks. Let's hope that actually turns up as there's still no sign of pack 3!

Does anyone have any idea how long the scheduling gap is roughly? I see people with date scheduled for the end of March, so i'm guessing a few months on top of the 4-6 weeks? At least it's getting closer with each day that passes :D

Phone DOS they are very helpfull and will know when your interview is scheducled before the embassy send out packet 4

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Hmmmmmmmmm, I don't seem to be in possesion of a gold star either, Shaz. Fine...............like I care..........

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Hmmmmmmmmm, I don't seem to be in possesion of a gold star either, Shaz. Fine...............like I care..........

:crying: Am I only allowed nothing? Can I not rejoice in happy things? Waaaaaaah! My joy only burdens me with guilt.

:: emo ::

I shall now go and sit in my corner/box.

Magpie.

Edited by KnightAndMagpie

In the words of Mr Coverdale here's one for ya :star:

Now we know who is teachers pet hahahahahaha

1 for sorry

2 for joy

3 for a girl

4 for a boy

MAGPIE

God that brings back memories

:crying: Am I only allowed nothing? Can I not rejoice in happy things? Waaaaaaah! My joy only burdens me with guilt.

:: emo ::

I shall now go and sit in my corner/box.

Magpie.

SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl:

Oh, I was SO done with that corner/box after about fifteen seconds. I have the attention span of a spastic kitten, as Knight puts it.

...ooh, shiney thing! :: Scamper :: Oooh, even better! BRANSTON PICKLE!

Magpie.

Oh, I was SO done with that corner/box after about fifteen seconds. I have the attention span of a spastic kitten, as Knight puts it.

...ooh, shiney thing! :: Scamper :: Oooh, even better! BRANSTON PICKLE!

Magpie.

What planet are you on missy?????

Your situation may be different, but they told us we'd have to wait 4-6 weeks and we had the interview date within 3 days. This was after we knew they'd received packet 3, but it may not be as long as you're anticipating!

Timeline:

K-1

07/30/08- I-129F was delivered to Vermont

08/11/08- NOA1

12/14/08- NOA2

02/11/09 Interview (Approved!)

03/07/09 POE at JFK

03/13/09 Married!

AOS

04/08/09- NOA1 for AOS and EAD (we didn't apply for AP)

04/22/09- Case Transferred to CSC

04/24/09- Biometrics Appointment

05/22/09- EAD card production ordered

05/29/09- EAD approval notice sent

06/01/09- EAD arrived in the post

06/18/09- I-485 RFE notice via email

06/25/09- I-485 RFE notice via mail

(They wanted him to redo medical exam- they must've lost it. They also wanted a copy of our marriage certificate, even though we included that in our original submission.)

07/03/09- Medical exam (second one this year grrr!)

07/06/09- I-485 RFE response mailed back to CSC via USPS

07/08/09- I-485 RFE response package delivered at CSC

07/10/09- I-485 Case Processing Resumed (CRIS email)

07/16/09- I-485 Card Production Ordered

07/21/09- I-485 Approval Notice Sent

07/24/09- Green card received in the post!

metrom.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Now we know who is teachers pet hahahahahaha

1 for sorry

2 for joy

3 for a girl

4 for a boy

MAGPIE

God that brings back memories

Wow, blast from the past there! What was that curly headed dude that looked like Brian May called who presented it? Mick something?

Edited by Damian P

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.