Laura+Tom

The 2009 United Kingdom Interview Thread!

3,097 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yeah Im trying not to stress out Im trying to get my mom to co-sponsor me. Because I know my 2008 tax return if I file before his interview date will not be enough money since I just started my new job in august so that is really only 4 months of work. And I just started my new job this past week so that wont be until 2009 tax return. I am trying to give a rough idea of what I will be making this year with my two jobs plus my child support which would take me over the poverty limit just 2007 and 2008 wont on my tax return. So I dont know if I should put down what I will make this year 2009 or just do my 2008 taxes which I know wont be enough and get my mom to co-sponsor me which she just retired in december but I know that she made a lot of money and it would cover me and if she has to co-sponsor what form does she use. Thank you again I appreciate it.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline

I was wondering for those who recently went to their medical exams did they require a Hep A and Hep B vaccines. We have looked the list of vaccines and got his records but still confused as to if he has to have them for the visa requirement now. I was to understand that it those two are only required for AOS but I just want someone who actually went through the process to confirm. We are worrying over all the little things at this point.

Timeline

09/12/2004 met him in England

01/01/2008 Engaged

08/07/2008 sent I-129F

08/12/2008 I-129F received at VSC

08/14/2008 NOA1

01/08/2009 NOA2

01/13/2009 NVC received

01/14/2009 received hardcopy NOA2

01/14/2009 NVC sent package to UK embassy

01/28/2009 received packet 3

02/04/2009 sent back packet 3

02/13/2009 medical

03/25/2009 interview Approved

We have had 12 visits since 2004

Timeline
I was wondering for those who recently went to their medical exams did they require a Hep A and Hep B vaccines. We have looked the list of vaccines and got his records but still confused as to if he has to have them for the visa requirement now. I was to understand that it those two are only required for AOS but I just want someone who actually went through the process to confirm. We are worrying over all the little things at this point.

No. Don't worry.

I had my medical on the 21st of January and the vaccines she was interested in was the Td (she actually said that TdaP is in short supply here in Britain atm so they are only allowed to give it to the kids who are the ones that really need it) and the MMR. She marked on the form that I had a had chickenpox as a child just from me telling her (didn't need a GP letter).

You should not need Hep A or B for AoS as they are not a general requirement for adults.

K1 Journey

I-129F Sent : 2nd July 2008

NOA1 : 25th July 2008

NOA2 : 28th November 2008

NVC Received : 2nd December 2008

NVC Left : 12th January 2009

Consulate Received : 26th January 2009

Packet 3 Sent : 27th January 2009

Interview: 19th February 2009

Visa in hand : 24th February 2009

Flew to US: 28th February 2009

Wedding Day 10th March 2009 in snowy Colorado

AOS Journey

AOS package sent : 24th March 2009

NOA: 31st March 2009

AOS transferred to CSC: 13th April 2009

Biometrics Appt: 23rd April 2009

AOS approved 13th May 2009

Green Card received 9th June 2009

Stuck in AP at NVC thread

UK AOS Progress Timeline

Timeline

Thank you everyone that is so helpful to know. We are so nervous about doing everything just right and trying to figure out all the expenses. We didn't want to schedule the medical until we knew what we are up against. Now I can calm down some and start thinking more clear. Everytime I think we know how things are going to go I hear some horrible story on here that makes me worry we will do something wrong. It is very comforting to know that people go to the medical and things go smooth. Now I can be more excited than nervous.

Timeline

01/01/2008 Engaged

08/07/2008 sent I-129F

08/14/2008 NOA1

01/08/2009 NOA2

01/13/2009 NVC received

02/13/2009 medical

Thank you everyone that is so helpful to know. We are so nervous about doing everything just right and trying to figure out all the expenses. We didn't want to schedule the medical until we knew what we are up against. Now I can calm down some and start thinking more clear. Everytime I think we know how things are going to go I hear some horrible story on here that makes me worry we will do something wrong. It is very comforting to know that people go to the medical and things go smooth. Now I can be more excited than nervous.

Go take a look at the top in the pinned section for the London medical and it will tell you exactly what to expect. Try and get the jabs required at the doctors as they dont charge but they do at the medical, and take the vaccination records to the medical and if you have had chicken pox get them to put that on the letter as well

Hey where will you be in Texas I am moving to Dallas

Timeline

Go take a look at the top in the pinned section for the London medical and it will tell you exactly what to expect. Try and get the jabs required at the doctors as they dont charge but they do at the medical, and take the vaccination records to the medical and if you have had chicken pox get them to put that on the letter as well

Hey where will you be in Texas I am moving to Dallas

Right now I am in San Marcos which we intend to move out of as soon as possible. Dallas is lovely and much better for jobs. I am in the healthcare field so we will either be relocating to Dallas ourselves or Houston. Moving is on hold until we get all the paperwork settled which is exciting and scary.

Timeline

01/01/2008 Engaged

08/07/2008 sent I-129F

08/14/2008 NOA1

01/08/2009 NOA2

01/13/2009 NVC received

02/13/2009 medical

Move to Dallas and then I we can meet up and have aos coffee morning filling in forms hahahahahah

As I'll be in Dallas can I join in?

K1 Journey

AOS Journey

UK AOS Progress Timeline

Move to Dallas and then I we can meet up and have aos coffee morning filling in forms hahahahahah

yay definately, this will be cool to know people from the UK in the area, are you gonna be in Dallas we are just outside in Arlington,

:yes:

yay definately, this will be cool to know people from the UK in the area, are you gonna be in Dallas we are just outside in Arlington,

It will be great to know some other people there :) The apartment complex my fiance lives in is by White Rock Lake which is more or less due east from the centre of Dallas on the way out to Garland.

K1 Journey

AOS Journey

UK AOS Progress Timeline

It will be great to know some other people there :) The apartment complex my fiance lives in is by White Rock Lake which is more or less due east from the centre of Dallas on the way out to Garland.

I am really sorry I am terrible with the layout but I will ask the other half how far it is, but at least while we are bored waiting for ead we can meet up yipeeeeeeeeeeee

Stay in touch and we can sort something out I hope to be there soon if only they would give me my interview, fed up with waiting for a date, I want to get on with my life

Here's the newest info/chart for adult immunization http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/PDF/wk/mm5753-Immunization.pdf

They re-did it to make it more clear it says. That's all the requirements for visa or AOS. You actually don't have to get anything to get the visa, but most want to get that out of the way. Others wait until they get in the US to meet the immunization requirements. Hep A and B are only indicated for certain conditions or risk factors like having HIV, chronic liver disease, or working in a hospital.

Nick got Tdap from his NHS for free. They originally told him that it was in short supply and reserved for babies. Then he got a call from them to say they had received some Tdap and had a dose reserved in his name.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
January 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

Jason&Sarah, Hannah+Vito, Mrssmith, ShannonNick, adrianandlinsay, Marmite Lovers!

(L) February 2009 Interviews (L)

Rob&Dawn.....................K1.......................................3rd February 2009
Zoe and Hal...................K1.......................................3rd February 2009
DairyFarmer...................K1.......................................13th February 2009

March 2009 Interviews

KnightAndMagpie............K1......................................30th March 2009

Still waiting for approval

Sad Eyes..........................................25th February 2008 - Still stuck in AP?
stevi1123.........................................16th October 2008 - Approved pending additional documentation
Marie620......................................... 12th January 2009 - Denied, to file waiver Edited by Laura+Tom

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.