Laura+Tom

The 2009 United Kingdom Interview Thread!

3,097 posts in this topic

Vik got a text so he called the courier service that said that they are going to deliver something to him tomorrow... his passport with visa- maybe?!? The DOS and the London Embassy had no information to share... except that the embassy said that his file was being forwarded the NVC .... any ideas? Could it be that he is getting his visa so soon?

Sounds like good news to me!! Yay!!! Eeee!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Vik got a text so he called the courier service that said that they are going to deliver something to him tomorrow... his passport with visa- maybe?!? The DOS and the London Embassy had no information to share... except that the embassy said that his file was being forwarded the NVC .... any ideas? Could it be that he is getting his visa so soon?

Sounds like good news to me!! Yay!!! Eeee!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

You think so? Do you really think they issued his Visa in 1 day? Interview was 25th and 26th package is being sent, for receipt on 27th....?

You think so? Do you really think they issued his Visa in 1 day? Interview was 25th and 26th package is being sent, for receipt on 27th....?

Yep it happens! Hooray! That's what happened with my husband's. You can call DOS to be sure- they'll tell you if the visa has been printed yet.

Edit: I think they close at 5 though. And you say you've tried them already. Oops.

Congrats though!

Edited by imaisha

Naturalization

N-400 package mailed: 04/16/2013

N-400 package delivered: 04/16/2013

NOA1 date: 04/17/2013

Biometrics: 08/23/2013

Interview: 10/07/2013

Oath: 01/23/2014

DONE!

Vik received his Visa in the mail! NO AP! WOOT WOOT!

So thrilled!! I was worried when I thought more about your mentioning that they "sent it to NVC" I thought "must be misinformation" glad that that wasn't the case. Yay! :dance: Your wait's almost over now!

K-1:

AOS:

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

ROC:

Timeline
Vik received his Visa in the mail! NO AP! WOOT WOOT!

So thrilled!! I was worried when I thought more about your mentioning that they "sent it to NVC" I thought "must be misinformation" glad that that wasn't the case. Yay! :dance: Your wait's almost over now!

Thanks.... now I wait to see him. There is nothing stopping him from coming here but he is going to take 2 weeks to get here... I dunno how ya'll (and I) can wait after knowing that there is nothing keeping you apart!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Congrats! Glad you got it nice and easy :) I have to wait until September 27th until I go because I need more cash, another fun filled month at work without my fiancé! Ah well. Good luck to any interviews coming up!

Timeline
Congrats! Glad you got it nice and easy :) I have to wait until September 27th until I go because I need more cash, another fun filled month at work without my fiancé! Ah well. Good luck to any interviews coming up!

Thanks! I am glad that at least now things are done with as far as waiting for our lives to begin... now its a whole different set of issues... LOL!

Stupid working and money and stuff...

Nik wanted to work until pretty close to the wedding which we already planned for Oct...+ then a month to get things settled over there. Argh.

Just a month to go! :D

K-1:

AOS:

ROC:

Timeline

Nik wanted to work until pretty close to the wedding which we already planned for Oct...+ then a month to get things settled over there. Argh.

I hear ya my friend. So, we bought his ticket today. He will be here on the 10th. Meanwhile, my parents and I will be putting the sponsership papers in the mail for his parents and closest friends. Fair? I think not, but hey- it's a necessary evil. I will be working on wedding cards all weekend, and my goal is to have them done and final by Monday night (Tuesday morning in India). That way his folks will have the cards with them when they go to apply for their visas from India. For most the process ends with their fiances... We talked things out last night, and he explained his stupid idiotic schemes and that his real issues are with friends, his current employer is out of the UK and that he has been covering for him, and that he needs to bid his farewells to friends and relatives. I understand that 100%. The money thing is ever so stupid. He thinks that he has to come here with gifts- just as someone in my individual rant mentioned. Amazing isn't it? In love, people start to assume that the other knows what the other is thinking. I had to scream and kick before Vik would tell me what he really had going on. Why is that? He claims its because he doesn't want to burden me, but when he is here that things will be different. This is his way of being a guy and protecting me from the unnecessary. :) Thanks for being there for me VJ'rs!

January 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
Jason&Sarah, Hannah+Vito, Mrssmith, ShannonNick, adrianandlinsay, Marmite Lovers!

February 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
Rob&Dawn, Zoe and Hal, Terri and Seb, Talyss, TeeKol

March 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
Stinky Monkey, skparker, Laurence+Lauren, pothergavel, paumanda, texpat cymru, obbynox, jhonscotland, Caminic, Furious Biscuit, ahlpo, jojo_gee

April 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
DairyFarmer, skeez&titanic, SwanTiger, miss g, LondonLad, niniel71, mr and mrs, Stinkerpotsam, Marty J, Helen&Dougie, KAT&Allie, KnightAndMagpie, paul., Kirsten UK, Colinjess, Alixhilary, prima and jay

May 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
Graziumphry, emma77, Monkey Juice, Gemmie, mrs_sdp, H&V, RBAL_TN, laura819, JM&Vid, Brookeluvsadam, Bob and Patricia, MARM

June 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
JimandChristy, krystiandjon, Nik+Heather, John and Camie, Ellie-and-David, aoifee, John & Mary, karenandtrev, emma88

July 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
JerrysGirlAnne, WHITE COW, Julie Ivy, aidy, Jenn and Nick, app-girl, Yvie and Brett, morretti, Gary_UK, Hanshi, yorkster

August 2009 Interviews
imaisha, Sherri and Matt, Speeditup, sammills89, viknkam

September 2009 Interviews
K-1.....settler72.....10 Sept 2009
K-1.....ealachan.....11 Sept 2009

STILL WAITING!!! 1404420hsc4u0qwkn.gif
MARM...............12th May 2009 - Administrative Processing
Thayani.............7th August 2009 - Approved pending additional documentation
Aniomaman.......10th August 2009- Administrative Processing

520715s54t2dwed4.gif= APPROVED

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

I hear ya my friend. So, we bought his ticket today. He will be here on the 10th. Meanwhile, my parents and I will be putting the sponsership papers in the mail for his parents and closest friends. Fair? I think not, but hey- it's a necessary evil. I will be working on wedding cards all weekend, and my goal is to have them done and final by Monday night (Tuesday morning in India). That way his folks will have the cards with them when they go to apply for their visas from India. For most the process ends with their fiances... We talked things out last night, and he explained his stupid idiotic schemes and that his real issues are with friends, his current employer is out of the UK and that he has been covering for him, and that he needs to bid his farewells to friends and relatives. I understand that 100%. The money thing is ever so stupid. He thinks that he has to come here with gifts- just as someone in my individual rant mentioned. Amazing isn't it? In love, people start to assume that the other knows what the other is thinking. I had to scream and kick before Vik would tell me what he really had going on. Why is that? He claims its because he doesn't want to burden me, but when he is here that things will be different. This is his way of being a guy and protecting me from the unnecessary. :) Thanks for being there for me VJ'rs!

I'm really relieved to hear that - the "charge and dash" idea sounded too outrageous to be true, and I'm glad that was the case in the end.

Also, I guess it's a good thing that the feels like he's leaving a life worth saying goodbye to in the end - at least it shows he wasn't completely miserable during his time there, huh?

K-1:

AOS:

ROC:

For those waiting unusually long for interview dates:

(Link: http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/faqs/faq_visa_iv.html)

I sent in my completed forms to the Immigrant Visa Unit, when will I be scheduled an appointment for my interview?

There is currently a back-log in the Immigrant Visa Unit of forms and applications waiting to be processed. If you have submitted the completed forms in connection with the administrative processing of your application, you should allow approximately three months for your case to be processed. During this period, we regret we cannot provide information on the status of the application or confirm if the forms have been received. On completion of the administrative processing of the application, you will receive notification of the scheduled visa interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
For those waiting unusually long for interview dates:

(Link: http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/faqs/faq_visa_iv.html)

I sent in my completed forms to the Immigrant Visa Unit, when will I be scheduled an appointment for my interview?

There is currently a back-log in the Immigrant Visa Unit of forms and applications waiting to be processed. If you have submitted the completed forms in connection with the administrative processing of your application, you should allow approximately three months for your case to be processed. During this period, we regret we cannot provide information on the status of the application or confirm if the forms have been received. On completion of the administrative processing of the application, you will receive notification of the scheduled visa interview.

Yes, Marm, I've been watching the London processing times. It's gone from an average of 60 days or so to 80. But I'm confused by this part of the FAQ answer. Are they saying it's three months if your case is in AP? or are they referring to the processing of all cases. I'm assuming they mean all cases, right? "administrative processing" just through me off.

So basically we're looking at a three month wait for an interview in London? Is that right?

BTW, Marm, I am cheering for a resolution and approval for your case ASAP, along with everyone else on this site. Just so you know we're all sending good vibes :)

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2009-07-07

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-07-09

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-10-08

NVC Received: 2009-10-13

NVC Left : 2009-10-16

Consulate Received : 2009-10-19

Packet 3 Received : 2009-11-02

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-11-02

Packet 3 @ Embassy : 2009-11-06 (yay! only one more step, come on interview date!)

Medical : 2009-11-11

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2009-12-04

Interview Result: Approved!! Yaaaaaaaaay!!

Date K1 Visa Received: 2009-12-09

Date of Us Entry: 2009-12-15

Date of Wedding: 2010-01-16

502e43ccdf.png

Yes, Marm, I've been watching the London processing times. It's gone from an average of 60 days or so to 80. But I'm confused by this part of the FAQ answer. Are they saying it's three months if your case is in AP? or are they referring to the processing of all cases. I'm assuming they mean all cases, right? "administrative processing" just through me off.

So basically we're looking at a three month wait for an interview in London? Is that right?

BTW, Marm, I am cheering for a resolution and approval for your case ASAP, along with everyone else on this site. Just so you know we're all sending good vibes :)

Thanks so much for the good wishes and support :yes:

Yes, they are referring to the processing of all cases. When you send in your DS forms, they begin whatever administrative processing they need to do prior to the interview. The AP after the interview is different (they have even changed the time to call and ask for an update for those on AP too, it used to be 60 days and now it is 90 days, before 90 days they won't even answer any AP-related queries). This answer is for those who submit their packet 3 forms and are wondering why they don't have an interview date yet. I know, it seems like they like to confuse us with their lingo, but its just a fancy shmancy way of saying just wait until we get back to you with the interview date. You are basically looking at less than 3 months to wait for the interview, this message is like a disclaimer from them: that you cannot call and worry and complain about not getting an interview date if it has been less than 3 months since you sent in your packet 3. Wait for a maximum 3 months before lighting a fire on their bums, although I haven't come across anyone that has waited so long as of yet. Hope you get an interview date ASAP.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.