Laura+Tom

The 2009 United Kingdom Interview Thread!

3,097 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I'm really confused. Do I definitely need Hals tax returns for 2006/7? I thought I could just have the bank statements and a letter from his employer? Do I definitely need this information? Marmite - I'm sorry but it'll be sorted soon!

They asked for tax returns. I handed over 2005, 2006, 2007. It was the 2006 that was the issue. I say if you can get them before next week then do. Best to safe than get a (RFE - that's what I'm going to call it) at the interview.

I really need a drink! :dead:

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm really confused. Do I definitely need Hals tax returns for 2006/7? I thought I could just have the bank statements and a letter from his employer? Do I definitely need this information? Marmite - I'm sorry but it'll be sorted soon!

They asked for tax returns. I handed over 2005, 2006, 2007. It was the 2006 that was the issue. I say if you can get them before next week then do. Best to safe than get a (RFE - that's what I'm going to call it) at the interview.

:D Hey, it's not all bad. You'll have your visa soon, and you'll get better, and I'm sure you'll get your drink too.

Hugs and congrats! Al-wayyys look on the broooight soiide of loooife...dahdah...dahdahdahdahdahdah!

Magpie.

Upon the mountain of that which would undo us, our banner shall fly highest.

For K-1 timeline, please check our story!

:: Before-AOS Timeline ::

2009-06-16: Received SSN

2009-06-18: Got my degree classification! Got a 2:1 =D.

2009-07-04: Got MARRIED on Independance Day in San Antonio!

:: AOS Timeline ::

2009-08-06: Mailed off our AOS packet!

2009-08-10: USCIS received packet, no NOA1 yet

2009-08-14: NOA1, eeee!

2009-09-08: Walk-in biometrics, all done!

2009-09-15: Got AP, woo + driving permit

2009-09-25: Approved for EAD, waiting for card

2009-09-30: EAD in hand :D

2009-10-16: Received interview letter for 20th October :D

2009-10-20: AOS APPROVED!

2009-10-30: Green card in hand! Weeeeeee!

Timeline

Thanks! Look at it this way, because you got a cancellation, you'll still have your visa before you even would've had your interview so it's not all bad!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

i only gave tax returns for 2007...

Timeline

I dont have any. did they specifically ask for them?

Very sorry Marmite. I think it's weird that they looked at 2006 if the current income exceeds the poverty level and was backed up by pay stubs and letter from employer. They aren't even supposed to require but one tax year. Maybe because they saw it, then that's what made them question the income. I wonder if somebody just handed them the most recent year and some pay stubs, if it would have turned out differently. On the other Affidavit of Support, it says if the two years before the latest will help your case, then you can include them. So I'm concluding that in your case 2006 didn't help your case and should have been skipped. Just my opinion.

On your co-sponsor, I'm not 100% sure if this applies to I-134, but probably. A co-sponsor has to be a US citizen or LPR...whatever the terms... a legal in the US. It's in the first part of the document where they tell their status. Your co-sponsor will have to also give you some proof of his citizenship like copy of birth certificate or biographical page of a US passport. (Or naturalization papers, green card if not native born) There's alot of RFEs happening in the AOS forums for not sending that in with co-sponsor papers on the I864 Affidavit of Support. If he's already shipped your package, I think an emailed scan of something to show his citizenship should work. Your fiance's is already established in the file so not required. I'm not sure if anyone with a co-sponsor had to do this on an I-134 in London, but it's a frequent RFE on the other Affidavit.

To the other poster who might lose his job. The info is supposed to be correct the day the form is signed. If you were already at NOA2 stage, I would say, get that form filled out and signed and get a letter from the employer asap. But I think it's a little early for you. They won't investigate your job, but if you don't have an employer letter or current paystubs to back up your income claim, they will wonder.

One more thing...does everybody know the form I-134 has changed and no longer needs a notary signature and stamp? Old ones are still okay, but the new one is easier since you skip the notary bit. Otherwise they are pretty identical.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

My soon to be MIL is our co-sponsor, (farming's / self employment is a ######) we had to get her W2's (3 x years) , bank statements and a letter from her employer as part of our evidence, as well as I-134.

Hope this helps

Timeline

Unless another interview sneaks in I guess that's January done with!

January 2009 Interviews

Marie620.........................CR1.................................12th January 2009 - Denied, to file waiver

Jason&Sarah...................K1...................................13th January 2009 APPROVED!!!!!

Hannah+Vito ..................K1...................................13th January 2009 APPROVED!!!!!

Mrssmith & daughter......CR1..................................14th January 2009 APPROVED!!!!!

ShannonNick...................K1....................................20th January 2009 APPROVED!!!!!

adrianandlinsay..............K1....................................23rd January 2009 APPROVED!!!!!

Marmite Lovers!..............K1....................................27th January 2009 - Approved pending additional documentation

(L) February 2009 Interviews (L)

Rob&Dawn.....................K1.......................................3rd February 2009

Zoe and Hal...................K1.......................................3rd February 2009

DairyFarmer...................K1.......................................13th February 2009

March 2009 Interviews

KnightAndMagpie............K1......................................30th March 2009

Still waiting for approval

Sad Eyes..........................................25th February 2008 - Still stuck in AP?

stevi1123.........................................16th October 2008 - Approved pending additional documentation

Timeline

I dont have any. did they specifically ask for them?

they asked for the most recent years tax returns. you will definitely be required to give them that at the interview.

Well, I guess I can change my question earlier.

I just got back from work where I was layed off!

So now I need to figure out what I'm going to do!!!!!

CR-1 Timeline

2009-12-29: Mailed I-130 package to Chicago

2010-01-04: package arrived at USCIS

2010-01-12: NOA1 arrived Case sent to CSC

2010-03-22: NOA2 approval email and letter recieved

2010-03-24: called NVC got NVC#

2010-03-26: NVC message verified paperwork sent on the 25th

2010-03-29: Got email from NVC and paid AOS fee.

2010-04-01: AOS fee shows paid, and receive and paid IV Bill

2010-04-05: IV bill shows paid and NVC mailed packet

2010-04-26: Mailed I-864

2010-05-06: AVR stated recieved I-864

2010-05-14: NVC email stating need ds230

2010-05-27: AOS/DS-230 Mailed

2010-06-17: case complete!

2010-06-22: sign in failure!

2010-06-24: Interview date received Aug 9th 9am

2010-07-21: Medical Exam-PASSED!

2010-07-30: Case Mailed to London!

2010-08-09: Interview in London 9 am (APPROVED)

2010-08-12: Visa Received!

2010-09-11:POE Charlotte, NC

2010-09-27: Welcome Letter Received

2010-10-02: Green Card Arrived and Social Security card after apply for it on Monday!

I-751 Timeline

2012-07-09:Paperwork Mailed to California

2012-07-16:Received NOA letter, Receipt Date the 12th

2012-07-31:Received Biometric App for 8/24/12

2012-09-04:Rescheduled Biometrics App Complete

2013-03-21:Approved

One more thing...does everybody know the form I-134 has changed and no longer needs a notary signature and stamp? Old ones are still okay, but the new one is easier since you skip the notary bit. Otherwise they are pretty identical.

Hi, where did you read this? Do you know anyone that has filled out the I-134 without a notary and been ok? Just asking as we hope to get our NOA2 soon so will have to complete this form. Thanks

Well, I guess I can change my question earlier.

I just got back from work where I was layed off!

So now I need to figure out what I'm going to do!!!!!

You start lining up a co-sponsor. You still fill out as sponsor and provide all the evidence. A co-sponsor does the same things. Maybe you will find something else by interview time and will have a new job to show.

Sorry to hear of your lay-off. The economy is getting down right frightening.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Hi, where did you read this? Do you know anyone that has filled out the I-134 without a notary and been ok? Just asking as we hope to get our NOA2 soon so will have to complete this form. Thanks

I didn't hear it. I saw it. Here's the USCIS list of all forms. Scroll down and find I-134. http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

Notice the Edition column says 10/30/2008. Prior versions are also acceptable

The link will actually take you to another page where you can download the form and the separate instructions. There's no notary blanks on the new form. At the bottom of the first column of the instructions it says you do not need to have a notary witness your signature.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.