Laura+Tom

The 2009 United Kingdom Interview Thread!

3,097 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, just a quick question regarding the I-134, are you supposed to tick the I Intend box? I've just seen a lot on conflicting message on VJ and I'm not quite sure what to do! Help would be greatly appreciated :) Thank you, Karen x

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi everyone, just a quick question regarding the I-134, are you supposed to tick the I Intend box? I've just seen a lot on conflicting message on VJ and I'm not quite sure what to do! Help would be greatly appreciated :) Thank you, Karen x

For London specifically, I would say yes. It won't hurt to tick it, but if left unticked and you get that person who thinks it should be ticked, then you've got a delay to get a new one.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Yeah, we originally followed the VJ guides on the intend / do not intend situation but after reading about peoples experiences I had Dave send me another form with the intend box checked.

It arrived today and I'm really glad I asked him to do it.

Thanks everyone for the reassurance. I am feeling a little less frazzled...sleepy-ness will do that to me :)

K1

PLEASE SEE MY TIMELINE FOR K1 INFORMATION

AOS complete!

08/21/2009 - AOS package sent

08/28/2009 - NOA 1 for AOS, EAD, AP

08/31/2009 - Cheque cashed

09/05/2009 - Biometrics notice received

09/23/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/23/2009 - I-485 Transferred to CSC

10/02/2009 - EAD Approved (card production) & AP approved!

10/11/2009 - EAD Card received

10/20/2009 - AOS approved, GC card production ordered! (53 days in total)

10/26/2009 - Green Card received - nearly 11 months to the day of our K1 NOA 1!

11/25/2009 - Started my new job!

02/26/2010 - Passed my driving test :-p

07/20/2011 - Eligible to remove conditions

2012 - Going for citizenship

09/20/2011 - Removal of conditions submitted to VSC....here we go...again!

It's been a quick and relatively painless journey thanks to tireless research, dumb luck and this community :)

DONE with USCIS for a while :)

mnb0ir.png

Good luck, Ellie!!

Nik+Heather comin' right up! :dance:

We are, aren't we! It seems like AAAGES back that Nik called to say that packet 4 had arrived before I even got my second nag-y call into DOS!

Yes, once we hear about Bob and Pat's success, let's get June started out properly, Krysti and Jon and Jim and Christy!! Next week and next month are just around the corner!!

For myself, I've been suddenly working WAY too hard the past couple weeks (and into next week, it looks like) to get any proper fretting done. 10-12 hour days have been the norm!

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

:star:Good luck Bob and Patricia! Happy POE Moira!! :star:

THE JOHN (UK) AND CAMIE (US) SHOW

K-1

[*]I-129F Sent : 2009-02-19 [*]I-129F NOA1: 2009-02-23 [*]I-129F NOA2: 2009-03-23 [*]John's Medical: 2009-05-11 [*]John's INTERVIEW - APPROVED!!: 2009-06-08 [*]VISA ARRIVES!!: 2009-06-12 [*]Camie Goes to England : 2009-06-18 [*]Our POE : 2009-06-24 [*]Got married and went to Jack-in-the-Box : 2009-07-07

AOS

[*]AOS Package Sent: 2010-02-13 [*]AOS Package Delivered (per USPS): 2010-02-15 [*]USCIS Email Confirmation (WOO HOO!!): 2010-02-23 [*]AOS Fee Check Cashed: 2010-02-23 [*]USCIS Status Check Available Online: 2010-02-24 [*]I-485 NOA1 Received and touch : 2010-02-26 [*]I-765 NOA1 Received and touch : 2010-02-26 [*]Biometrics: 2010-03-18 (letter received 2010-03-08) [*]EAD CARD RECEIVED: 2010-05-06 [*]INTERVIEW: 2010-05-21 - APPROVED [*]RECEIVED GREEN CARD: 2010-06-17 - Lakers FTW, then off to Disneyland to celebrate!

ROC

[*]I-751 Package Sent: 2012-05-18 [*]I-751 Package Delivered (per USPS): 2012-05-19 [*]CSC Fee Check Cashed: 2012-06-06
[*]I-751 NOA1: 2012-06-07 (dated 2012-05-21)
[*]Biometrics: 2012-07-16 (letter received 2012-06-25) [*]RFE: 2013-01-18 (responded on 2013-04-08)
[*]I-751 APPROVED: 2013-04-25 (dated 2013-04-19)

[*]10-Year GC Received: 2013-06-17

Christopher Midian Chance - 7lbs., 5oz., born 11-19-14 :wub:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
:star:Good luck Bob and Patricia! Happy POE Moira!! :star:

good luck on POE and good luck bob and pat.

As for me, I am weaning myself away from the vj forum, I need to as this is making it so much harder especially as I see ppl getting their visa's, finishing up stuff,saying goodbye to friends and family, aaaaaaaarghhhh ( I so want it to be me!!!)

it just puts my nerves on edge. I have limited myself to one vj read per week ( if that). Is there anyone else here like me with the pending documents thingy that feels this way? that reading vj makes the waiting worse? I know this site is a blessing dont get me wrong, but right about now, with the waiting....ooooh my goodness..

4650093_bodyshot_300x400_1285472169089.gif

Well obviously I haven't been tortured with AP or waiting on additional documents, but I know that I felt incredibly bitter and frustrated when waiting for the NOA2 and seeing applicants that filed months afterwards being approved; and also when seeing couples make the move when I knew I couldn't move myself for another 6 months. It got to the point where I was feeling annoyed at new couples (that had gotten together that year) being approved, when we had been waiting for so many years. It's a horrible thing, but it's a natural feeling (I hope, otherwise I'm just a heartless ######), and I hope that your case is completed very soon. Then you'll be making all of these exciting posts about moving. :)

Well, we have experienced SIGNIFICANT road blocks during our journey, which have made the waiting all the more difficult and frustrating...and as Gemmie said, other couple's moving faster than you in this journey make it tougher, especially when you are one of the last few for everything (RFE, NOA2, interview, etc) and people who started the process after you are already done and settled...its totally normal to feel this way. But prima and jay, you have gotten this far, and it is only a matter of days until you are with your SO forever, so don't lose hope, and we are also still waiting for the passport so you are not alone :no:

Anyone heard from Bob and Pat yet??? :unsure:

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Can we get an AMEN from the choir?? And a red approved star would be nice too. :dance: :dance: :dance:

Sorry didn't post earlier but we were busy with post-interview celebrations and just trying to get home from London. The interview went well... was kind of like flying in an plane.... Hours of boredom punctuated by seconds of sheer terror. Pat did really well even after drawing a complete memory blank and bumbling one question

The long and the short. Took the train to London the day before. Stayed at the Marble Arch Inn... small but clean and inexpensive (£65 double bed, private shower and toilet) Did the tourist thing that afternoon/evening and got to bed early.

Friday morning we left our suitcase along with laptops and mobile phones in the hotel lobby and walked to the embassy.. about a 15 minute trip. We arrived 30 min before her 9:00 appointment. There was no queue and we were ushered to security. I had to run back to Goulds with Pat's electronic remote car door opener. Once inside she was given #5015 and we sat down in the waiting area. Numbers 5003 and 5004 we just being called to the pre-screener/cashier as we sat down. We waited about 2 hours 20 minutes before we were called to the pre-screener. He took Pat's fingerprints, handed her her chest x-ray, and took the forms we needed to provide (Birth, Divorce, Police certificates, Affidavit of support and related documentation). I was directed to the cashier and paid the visa fee. We went back to our seats and waited 40 more minutes for the interview.

We were called to an interview window, where the woman took Pats fingerprints again (Supposedly it was to confirm it was actually her). Pat was then sworn in, I was cautioned to keep my mouth shut, and the questions started. As I mentioned above she handled everything well except for a memory blank. The question was what was the name of the chat program we met on. Another question that kind of threw her was "how long have you dated?" Being an internet couple there was really no formal dating period in the sense of going out to dinner and taking in the pictures. Pat tried to explain this and overall I was very proud of her. Finally minutes/hours/days later the woman smiled and said she was happy to tell us that Pat's visa application had been approved. I almost let out a shout of joy and my normally cool. calm, and reserved brit allowed herself a few tears of happiness. We paid the courer fee, left the embassy, and plopped ourselves down in the grass of Grosvenor Square where we hugged, kissed, and hugged some more.

We had lunch and a drink at a pub near the hotel. And then collected our bags, changed clothes into something more comfortable and knocked around town until it was time to catch the train home. Line problems on the main line forced a detour and we finally got back in Manchester an hour late.. very tired but happy that we were approved.

Thank you one and all for the support you've given on this ride. Looking forward to seeing success stories coming out of London in the future.

Bob and Pat

2009/08/06 Wedding Date. Married on a sailboat off Florida's west coast.

I-485

2009/10/07 Sent

2009/10/14 NOA Date

2009/10/23 Bio Apt Letter Received

2009/10/28 Transferred to California

2009/11/10 Biometrics Apt

20xx/xx/xx Interview Date

2009/12/01 Card Production Ordered

2009/12/07 Card Received

EAD

2009/10/07 Sent

2009/10/14 NOA Date

2009/10/23 Bio Apt Letter Received

2009/11/10 Biometrics Apt

2009/11/23 Card Production Ordered

2009/12/03 Card Received

AP

20xx/xx/xx Sent

20xx/xx/xx Arrived

20xx/xx/xx NOA Date

20xx/xx/xx Approval Date

tpjees.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Can we get an AMEN from the choir?? And a red approved star would be nice too. :dance: :dance: :dance:

Sorry didn't post earlier but we were busy with post-interview celebrations and just trying to get home from London. The interview went well... was kind of like flying in an plane.... Hours of boredom punctuated by seconds of sheer terror. Pat did really well even after drawing a complete memory blank and bumbling one question

The long and the short. Took the train to London the day before. Stayed at the Marble Arch Inn... small but clean and inexpensive (£65 double bed, private shower and toilet) Did the tourist thing that afternoon/evening and got to bed early.

Friday morning we left our suitcase along with laptops and mobile phones in the hotel lobby and walked to the embassy.. about a 15 minute trip. We arrived 30 min before her 9:00 appointment. There was no queue and we were ushered to security. I had to run back to Goulds with Pat's electronic remote car door opener. Once inside she was given #5015 and we sat down in the waiting area. Numbers 5003 and 5004 we just being called to the pre-screener/cashier as we sat down. We waited about 2 hours 20 minutes before we were called to the pre-screener. He took Pat's fingerprints, handed her her chest x-ray, and took the forms we needed to provide (Birth, Divorce, Police certificates, Affidavit of support and related documentation). I was directed to the cashier and paid the visa fee. We went back to our seats and waited 40 more minutes for the interview.

We were called to an interview window, where the woman took Pats fingerprints again (Supposedly it was to confirm it was actually her). Pat was then sworn in, I was cautioned to keep my mouth shut, and the questions started. As I mentioned above she handled everything well except for a memory blank. The question was what was the name of the chat program we met on. Another question that kind of threw her was "how long have you dated?" Being an internet couple there was really no formal dating period in the sense of going out to dinner and taking in the pictures. Pat tried to explain this and overall I was very proud of her. Finally minutes/hours/days later the woman smiled and said she was happy to tell us that Pat's visa application had been approved. I almost let out a shout of joy and my normally cool. calm, and reserved brit allowed herself a few tears of happiness. We paid the courer fee, left the embassy, and plopped ourselves down in the grass of Grosvenor Square where we hugged, kissed, and hugged some more.

We had lunch and a drink at a pub near the hotel. And then collected our bags, changed clothes into something more comfortable and knocked around town until it was time to catch the train home. Line problems on the main line forced a detour and we finally got back in Manchester an hour late.. very tired but happy that we were approved.

Thank you one and all for the support you've given on this ride. Looking forward to seeing success stories coming out of London in the future.

Bob and Pat

congratulations..............................................xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxx

4650093_bodyshot_300x400_1285472169089.gif

Congratulations Bob & Pat. :dance::dance::dance:

Just to let you know..they let me in at POE!! lol Chicago was a breeze. I had a jolly CO who was very smiley & he just took his time reading through all the papers in the mysterious brown envelope & then he said 'welcome to America!' to which I just gave him a big smile.

It's great to be with my man after so long & it all feels perfect.

Good luck to the rest of you & hope you all receive your visas soon. :thumbs:

K1

5/16/08:Received NA01

2/24/09: NA02 APPROVAL... finally, after 9 MONTHS & 8 DAYS!!

5/5/09 : Interview Date APPROVED!!!!

5/8/09: visa received

From NA01 to interview: 12 LONG MONTHS!!

07/23/09: received SSN

08/17/09: Passed Driving test

08/22/09: Married on beautiful Mackinac Island, MI

AOS

08/31/09: Mailed AOS Package

10/20/09: Received AP

10/21/09 Received EAD card

12/7/09 AOS APPROVED!

12/14/09: Green Card arrived in mail. Happy Days!

It's taken 18 months from applying for K1 to receipt of Green Card! Thank God it's over until 12/7/11

Here we go again...

ROC

09/14/11: Mailed I-751 to Vermont

09/19/11: NA01

10/14/11: Biometrics

7/2/12: Approved. New Card Ordered

7/7/12: Green Card received

Congrats Bob and Pat!!! :off to put a shiny red star for approval:

January 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

Jason&Sarah, Hannah+Vito, Mrssmith, ShannonNick, adrianandlinsay, Marmite Lovers!

February 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

Rob&Dawn, Zoe and Hal, Terri and Seb, Talyss, TeeKol

March 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

Stinky Monkey, skparker, Laurence+Lauren, pothergavel, paumanda, texpat cymru, obbynox, jhonscotland, Caminic, Furious Biscuit, ahlpo, jojo_gee

April 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

DairyFarmer, skeez&titanic, SwanTiger, miss g, LondonLad, niniel71, mr and mrs, Stinkerpotsam, Marty J, Helen&Dougie, KAT&Allie, KnightAndMagpie, paul., Kirsten UK, Colinjess, Alixhilary

May 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

Graziumphry, emma77, Monkey Juice, Gemmie, mrs_sdp, H&V, RBAL_TN, laura819, JM&Vid, Brookeluvsadam,

29th May 2009...Bob and Patricia.............K-1520715s54t2dwed4.gif

June 2009 Interviews

1st June 2009....JimandChristy................K-1

1st June 2009....krystiandjon...................K-1

4th June 2009....Nik+Heather..................K-1

8th June 2009....John and Camie.............K-1

12th June 2009...Ellie-and-David..............K-1

30th June 2009...grapeeyes...................CR-1

Still waiting for approval 1404420hsc4u0qwkn.gif

stevi1123..........16th October 2008 - Approved pending additional documentation

Dave and Jess..10th March 2009 ?

The Dip Sticks..25th March 2009 ?

prima and jay...24th April 2009 - Approved pending additional documentation

MARM..............12th May 2009 - Approved pending passport

PB&JAM............22nd May 2009 - Denied, to file waiver

520715s54t2dwed4.gif= APPROVED
Updates/New entries/changes highlighted in blue - will go to normal color in the next update.
Please let us know if you have an Interview Date to add to the list, updated information or corrections.

Congratulations Bob & Pat. :dance::dance::dance:

Just to let you know..they let me in at POE!! lol Chicago was a breeze. I had a jolly CO who was very smiley & he just took his time reading through all the papers in the mysterious brown envelope & then he said 'welcome to America!' to which I just gave him a big smile.

It's great to be with my man after so long & it all feels perfect.

Good luck to the rest of you & hope you all receive your visas soon. :thumbs:

Told you POE in Chicago would be a breeze! :yes:

So happy that everything is going great for you both, wishing you much happiness always! :star:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.