Laura+Tom

The 2009 United Kingdom Interview Thread!

3,097 posts in this topic

Tickets booked, then. :dancing:

5.5 weeks to go. I feel so torn between happiness and sadness, and as I was telling people the other day, I never thought I would feel that way; I thought it would just be happiness. I never imagined I would really feel so guilty / upset over the prospect of moving, but that visa really hits home and makes it real. Hearing the CO say "good luck in the U.S" gave me such a feeling of "oh God, this happening"..

Good luck on the upcoming interviews! How are you feeling MARM and mrs. sdp?

Edited by Gemmie

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tickets booked, then. :dancing:

5.5 weeks to go. I feel so torn between happiness and sadness, and as I was telling people the other day, I never thought I would feel that way; I thought it would just be happiness. I never imagined I would really feel so guilty / upset over the prospect of moving, but that visa really hits home and makes it real. Hearing the CO say "good luck in the U.S" gave me such a feeling of "oh God, this happening"..

Good luck on the upcoming interviews! How are you feeling MARM and mrs. sdp?

Well, as for us, still don't know if we are going to be interviewing on May 12 or whether it will be later. Don't want to begin my sob story here :no: , if you aren't familiar with what's going on with our situation and are curious, you can check my thread here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=190103

Summary: We are still waiting on the passport....we may possibly reschedule or do whatever the US Embassy advises us as we have again sent them an email today asking for their advice.

All best wishes go to mrs_sdp(Moira)... :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Edited by MARM

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Anyone heard from Gemmie yet?

APPROVED!!

:dancing:

I waited FIVE HOURS and it was bloody awful (especially because I had just travelled for 4 and a half hours to get there). Everyone is right, the waiting is the worst part.

I was number 5019 (arrived at 8:40) so had a few hours to wait until I got to give in my documents (he only wanted the 134 and tax returns, after all of the worry and print-outs..).. he took my fingerprints and asked me some questions about our relationship at that window, so I thought that might be the interview. But I was told to go back and wait for some more. When it came to the interview, I got the nice American guy too; he was very friendly, and we just chatted about how Bill and I met, his employment situation, wedding plans.. when I plan on leaving. And then I asked if I was supposed to take my passport back and he said "Nah we're going to hold onto that so that we can put your visa in it. :) " and wished me luck in the U.S.

I was delighted.. tried to keep my cool though. ;)

I texted Bill with "bad news.." just so I could give him the bittersweet pleasure of being approved. I know it's mean, but it had to be done..

Congrats Monkeyjuice!!

Yay Congrats Gemmie! :dance::dance::dance:

Yeh I thought the wait was bad enough & I got there early. I looked for you & I'm not sure if I saw you near the courier desk at the back?? I was in line for the courier at just after 10am & I thought I saw you sat reading a mag on the back row?? I wasn't sure tho, so I thought I might look like a looney saying hi! lol

K1

5/16/08:Received NA01

2/24/09: NA02 APPROVAL... finally, after 9 MONTHS & 8 DAYS!!

5/5/09 : Interview Date APPROVED!!!!

5/8/09: visa received

From NA01 to interview: 12 LONG MONTHS!!

07/23/09: received SSN

08/17/09: Passed Driving test

08/22/09: Married on beautiful Mackinac Island, MI

AOS

08/31/09: Mailed AOS Package

10/20/09: Received AP

10/21/09 Received EAD card

12/7/09 AOS APPROVED!

12/14/09: Green Card arrived in mail. Happy Days!

It's taken 18 months from applying for K1 to receipt of Green Card! Thank God it's over until 12/7/11

Here we go again...

ROC

09/14/11: Mailed I-751 to Vermont

09/19/11: NA01

10/14/11: Biometrics

7/2/12: Approved. New Card Ordered

7/7/12: Green Card received

Yeah that was me!

I looked out for you too, but just had no idea what you looked like! Everytime a 5000 number was called, I wondered if it was you. How did you recognise me? :lol:

Congrats on the visa, I bet you felt so happy when handed the pink slip!

MARM, I hope everything gets sorted out very soon. You have a lot going on with this process and really deserve t oget your passport ASAP (and hopefully no AP either!). Keep us updated of course.

Yeah that was me!

I looked out for you too, but just had no idea what you looked like! Everytime a 5000 number was called, I wondered if it was you. How did you recognise me? :lol:

Congrats on the visa, I bet you felt so happy when handed the pink slip!

MARM, I hope everything gets sorted out very soon. You have a lot going on with this process and really deserve t oget your passport ASAP (and hopefully no AP either!). Keep us updated of course.

Ha ha! Well I was looking for someone with long black hair & you were the only one that fit the description! lol. You did actually look straight at me when I was in the queue! I wasn't defo sure it was you so I didn't want to look like an idiot by saying " hi, I'm Monkeyjuice!" :lol:

K1

AOS

12/7/09 AOS APPROVED!

It's taken 18 months from applying for K1 to receipt of Green Card! Thank God it's over until 12/7/11

Here we go again...

ROC

It's fine to book a return ticket, isn't it, guys? Obviously they're cheaper than a single, and I can tell POE that if I'm questioned?

Just to point out that return flights are not always cheaper than a single.

I have been keeping an eye on the price of flights for months, and I haven't once found a cheaper return. I guess it must depend on your route and travel dates.

I ended up booking one-way from Dublin to Tulsa for £260.

10 Nov 08 - I-129F Sent

13 Nov 08 - I-129F NOA1

06 Feb 09 - I-129F NOA2

09 Feb 09 - NVC Received

11 Feb 09 - NVC Left

20 Feb 09 - Packet 3 Rec'd

20 Feb 09 - Packet 3 Sent

24 Mar 09 - Medical

30 Mar 09 - Packet 4 Rec'd

24 Apr 09 - Interview Date

03 Jun 09 - US entry

20 Jul 09 - AOS filed

12 Aug 09 - Biometrics

05 Oct 09 - Green Card rec'd

Did I??

I was probably thinking "I wish I was standing there instead" and losing the will to live. :lol:

Did you also sit next to me / near me at some point?

Did I??

I was probably thinking "I wish I was standing there instead" and losing the will to live. :lol:

Did you also sit next to me / near me at some point?

Well when I first got there I was on the same side as you but about 3 rows from the front, so I didn't know you were behind me until I went to pay for the courier. I was number 5002 so I was called up to the 1st window at 9am ish. Aww, I wish I'd said hi now! nevermind. :star:

K1

AOS

12/7/09 AOS APPROVED!

Here we go again...

ROC

It's fine to book a return ticket, isn't it, guys? Obviously they're cheaper than a single, and I can tell POE that if I'm questioned?

I have been keeping an eye on the price of flights for months, and I haven't once found a cheaper return. I guess it must depend on your route and travel dates.

Wow, bargain!

I ended up getting London-Boston (return) for £359 as the singles were above 500. My bank balance is not happy with me, but I am. :)

Aww I wish we could have sat together monkeyjuice! I do remember 5002 being called though. And noticing that there seemed to be 10 minutes between the 5000's and 10 seconds between the non-immigrants! Aw well, I'm glad we both had successful days!

For Alaska, return was always cheaper...and owie wowie, it's gonna take a bite outta my budget but it's okay! Or rather, it already has -- £663 for the return (as opposed to +£200 in addition to that for a one-way) and that's not counting the fee I pay for my kitty Bean at the airport. :D It's well worth it, though.

:D I've officially moved into suitcases. Packing material is coming on Friday and they'll come next week to take my stuffs. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

Magpie.

Upon the mountain of that which would undo us, our banner shall fly highest.

For K-1 timeline, please check our story!

:: Before-AOS Timeline ::

2009-06-16: Received SSN

2009-06-18: Got my degree classification! Got a 2:1 =D.

2009-07-04: Got MARRIED on Independance Day in San Antonio!

:: AOS Timeline ::

2009-08-06: Mailed off our AOS packet!

2009-08-10: USCIS received packet, no NOA1 yet

2009-08-14: NOA1, eeee!

2009-09-08: Walk-in biometrics, all done!

2009-09-15: Got AP, woo + driving permit

2009-09-25: Approved for EAD, waiting for card

2009-09-30: EAD in hand :D

2009-10-16: Received interview letter for 20th October :D

2009-10-20: AOS APPROVED!

2009-10-30: Green card in hand! Weeeeeee!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Marm, i'm sorry to hear that you're passport (or is it you're fiance's passport?) still hasn't arrived! I really do hope you get some good news before the visa interview next week. My fingers, toes and everything else crossable is crossed for ya.

Maria x

Separated!!

Marm, i'm sorry to hear that you're passport (or is it you're fiance's passport?) still hasn't arrived! I really do hope you get some good news before the visa interview next week. My fingers, toes and everything else crossable is crossed for ya.

Maria x

Thanks so much Maria, we appreciate your support! :yes: It is my fiance's passport that we are waiting for. We also praying and hoping very very hard to get good news before the interview next week.

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Exciting!

How are you shipping your stuff?

:D There's a couple of awesome services who are used to student moves, but I'm going with AllFreight. They'll give me boxes and packaging on Friday (with a £50 deposit) and then they'll come back next week to pick up the boxes and charge me for however much the boxes weigh. It's not going to be very much at all and I've tried to minimise what I'm shipping but we'll see. Wooo!

Magpie.

Upon the mountain of that which would undo us, our banner shall fly highest.

For K-1 timeline, please check our story!

:: Before-AOS Timeline ::

2009-06-16: Received SSN

2009-06-18: Got my degree classification! Got a 2:1 =D.

2009-07-04: Got MARRIED on Independance Day in San Antonio!

:: AOS Timeline ::

2009-08-06: Mailed off our AOS packet!

2009-08-10: USCIS received packet, no NOA1 yet

2009-08-14: NOA1, eeee!

2009-09-08: Walk-in biometrics, all done!

2009-09-15: Got AP, woo + driving permit

2009-09-25: Approved for EAD, waiting for card

2009-09-30: EAD in hand :D

2009-10-16: Received interview letter for 20th October :D

2009-10-20: AOS APPROVED!

2009-10-30: Green card in hand! Weeeeeee!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I'm not sure if anyone here can offer any advice following a 'bad' medical but here goes...

So basically I have had mental health problems in the past (depression) and without going into too much detail I was unsure of some of the facts from my past so I did my best guess with the answers, it probably sounds very strange but all the negativity from my past has been instinctively shut out of my mind. The medical wasn't too much of a problem but the doctor has asked for another letter from my GP and I'm worried some of the details may be slightly different to the way I told them at the medical. With any luck the answers I thought were right will be fine, but I have a horrible feeling something will come up differently.

I know I should have gone more prepared for the medical, and I really did think I was! The doctor really caught me off guard and this in combination with nerves and frustration didn't help me at all! I was told that if I get my GP to fax another letter straight to them I should get my report sent straight to the embassy, but does anyone know how serious this could be if anything on the letter from my GP is slightly different to how I told it?

Any help is welcome because I'm pretty worried now and regretting the whole day.

A very sad Sam!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.