Laura+Tom

The 2009 United Kingdom Interview Thread!

3,097 posts in this topic

:D :D Thankums again guys. Oohhh, what a relief. I can't sleep, I'm so excited, and I have an exam today...oops! Everyone's support here has tremendous :luv:.

Also, there's no pre-interview AP of any sort, guys :) so you have nothing to worry about. They will take a bit of time getting back to you so you have nothing to worry about. Eeeeeeeeeee!

Magpie, still hyper at 3:30 in the morning.

I'd still be hyper too! I'm so happy for you :)!

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Embassy time charts

The days on here are just based on VJ member timeline data and aren't reports from the embassy. But a VJ sampling is often a good indicator. So it's averages and not what's the quickest I can get a response and an interview. Some delay interviews like we did, and MARM has, so it skews the averages longer. Then others put an immediate wedding date and London puts them in ahead of those who didn't give a date, even though they sent in forms earlier. Like Laura said, it's kind of all over the place but maybe the overall averages work out to be fairly accurate for the fairly average case. None of you are "average" BTW...it's those other blokes we don't know. hahahaha

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Embassy time charts

The days on here are just based on VJ member timeline data and aren't reports from the embassy. But a VJ sampling is often a good indicator. So it's averages and not what's the quickest I can get a response and an interview. Some delay interviews like we did, and MARM has, so it skews the averages longer. Then others put an immediate wedding date and London puts them in ahead of those who didn't give a date, even though they sent in forms earlier. Like Laura said, it's kind of all over the place but maybe the overall averages work out to be fairly accurate for the fairly average case. None of you are "average" BTW...it's those other blokes we don't know. hahahaha

Well said. And for all my belly-aching we're ahead of where we thought we'd be at this point in time. It's just when you see that light at the end of the tunnel..... Well that and Pat accepted an offer on her house.. come onnnnn May interview date!

Bob and Pat

2009/08/06 Wedding Date. Married on a sailboat off Florida's west coast.

I-485

2009/10/07 Sent

2009/10/14 NOA Date

2009/10/23 Bio Apt Letter Received

2009/10/28 Transferred to California

2009/11/10 Biometrics Apt

20xx/xx/xx Interview Date

2009/12/01 Card Production Ordered

2009/12/07 Card Received

EAD

2009/10/07 Sent

2009/10/14 NOA Date

2009/11/23 Card Production Ordered

2009/12/03 Card Received

AP

20xx/xx/xx Sent

20xx/xx/xx Arrived

20xx/xx/xx NOA Date

20xx/xx/xx Approval Date

tpjees.png

Embassy time charts

Well said. And for all my belly-aching we're ahead of where we thought we'd be at this point in time. It's just when you see that light at the end of the tunnel..... Well that and Pat accepted an offer on her house.. come onnnnn May interview date!

Bob and Pat

I thought I'd still be waiting for NOA2 at this time. We have definitely been lucky!

:P It's 5:03 in the morning and I still can't sleep. I've given up and I'm going to attempt to look over notes for my exam...six hours of sleep, YEEAH! Hoping to book my flight when the rest of England wakes up so I'll be shipping out (with luck!) on the 25th of May with my Bean.

Magpie (still hyper).

Upon the mountain of that which would undo us, our banner shall fly highest.

For K-1 timeline, please check our story!

:: Before-AOS Timeline ::

2009-06-16: Received SSN

2009-06-18: Got my degree classification! Got a 2:1 =D.

2009-07-04: Got MARRIED on Independance Day in San Antonio!

:: AOS Timeline ::

2009-08-06: Mailed off our AOS packet!

2009-08-10: USCIS received packet, no NOA1 yet

2009-08-14: NOA1, eeee!

2009-09-08: Walk-in biometrics, all done!

2009-09-15: Got AP, woo + driving permit

2009-09-25: Approved for EAD, waiting for card

2009-09-30: EAD in hand :D

2009-10-16: Received interview letter for 20th October :D

2009-10-20: AOS APPROVED!

2009-10-30: Green card in hand! Weeeeeee!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline
Embassy time charts

Bob and Pat

I thought I'd still be waiting for NOA2 at this time. We have definitely been lucky!

Hi there Nich ... you always explain things so clearly .. thank you!

Well done to Pat on getting her house sold! Another thing to cross off the list .... :D

I feel as if all I've been doing for the last year and a half is wait. It's NOT just the whole visa process though ... Steve and I had to wait an extra year for my divorce to come through as my ex dug his heels in and wouldn't sign the papers voluntarily!

Oh well, good things come to those who wait lol .... and I am waiting ... patiently .... :D

Have a good weekend everyone ..

Moira x

K-1

All information is in my timeline ....

AOS

08.22.09 ~~~ Posted AOS docs to Chicago

08.28.09 ~~~ Notice Date

08.31.09 ~~~ Received 3 x NOA's in the mail

09.01.09 ~~~ Date changed on status tracker - a "touch" woot ....

09.04.09 ~~~ Appointment notice arrived for Biometrics

09.22.09 ~~~ Biometrics

09.22.09 ~~~ A wee touch to AOS and EAD

09.23.09 ~~~ Another touch to both - email re transfer to Calfornia

10.05.09 ~~~ Emails to say both EAD and AP are approved!

10.06.09 ~~~ Touches to both EAD and AP

10.07.09 ~~~ Touch to EAD

10.08.09 ~~~ Touch and email advising card production for EAD

10.13.09 ~~~ EAD received!

10.15.09 ~~~ Applied for SS Number .....

10.20.09 ~~~ Email saying AOS approved and card being produced!!

10.24.09 ~~~ Green card received!

I understand that.. we had to wait 2 years before filing because I was in university (and then the third year of waiting for the visa process). But it went quicker than I expected. :D

Guys, I was going to go to Bristol today to get the US sized passport photos, but I saw that they only re-size, they don't take the picture and then re-size..

Is it true that Gould's Pharmacy do this? Or would it be too much of a risk to get there on the day and do it??

EDIT - nevermind, they can do them in Bristol. :)

Edited by Gemmie

Guys, I was going to go to Bristol today to get the US sized passport photos, but I saw that they only re-size, they don't take the picture and then re-size..

Is it true that Gould's Pharmacy do this? Or would it be too much of a risk to get there on the day and do it??

EDIT - nevermind, they can do them in Bristol. :)

Hi Gemmie

Where abouts in Bristol can you get the photo's done? I work there and could do with getting them ahead of time. Is it anywhere near Cabot's Circus??

Ellie

K1

PLEASE SEE MY TIMELINE FOR K1 INFORMATION

AOS complete!

08/21/2009 - AOS package sent

08/28/2009 - NOA 1 for AOS, EAD, AP

08/31/2009 - Cheque cashed

09/05/2009 - Biometrics notice received

09/23/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/23/2009 - I-485 Transferred to CSC

10/02/2009 - EAD Approved (card production) & AP approved!

10/11/2009 - EAD Card received

10/20/2009 - AOS approved, GC card production ordered! (53 days in total)

10/26/2009 - Green Card received - nearly 11 months to the day of our K1 NOA 1!

11/25/2009 - Started my new job!

02/26/2010 - Passed my driving test :-p

07/20/2011 - Eligible to remove conditions

2012 - Going for citizenship

09/20/2011 - Removal of conditions submitted to VSC....here we go...again!

It's been a quick and relatively painless journey thanks to tireless research, dumb luck and this community :)

DONE with USCIS for a while :)

mnb0ir.png

Timeline

Hi All ...

I just phoned the DOS and my interview is on 12th May at 10am ... I am over the moon - I thought they had forgotten all about me ...

Can someone please post the telephone number that I need to call to book my medical? I don't have the paperwork with me at work and I don't finish until 10pm!! I want to get it booked asap in view of the holiday weekend.

Thanks in advance ... have a BRILLIANT FRIDAY!! WOOT!! :dance:

Moira x

K-1

AOS

08.28.09 ~~~ Notice Date

09.22.09 ~~~ Biometrics

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Hi All ...

I just phoned the DOS and my interview is on 12th May at 10am ... I am over the moon - I thought they had forgotten all about me ...

Can someone please post the telephone number that I need to call to book my medical? I don't have the paperwork with me at work and I don't finish until 10pm!! I want to get it booked asap in view of the holiday weekend.

Moira x

From http://www.visamedicals.info/us.asp The number is 020 7486 7822

Congrats!

2009/08/06 Wedding Date. Married on a sailboat off Florida's west coast.

I-485

2009/10/07 Sent

2009/10/14 NOA Date

2009/10/28 Transferred to California

20xx/xx/xx Interview Date

2009/12/01 Card Production Ordered

2009/12/07 Card Received

EAD

2009/10/07 Sent

2009/10/14 NOA Date

2009/11/23 Card Production Ordered

2009/12/03 Card Received

AP

20xx/xx/xx Sent

20xx/xx/xx Arrived

20xx/xx/xx NOA Date

20xx/xx/xx Approval Date

tpjees.png

Hi All ...

Moira x

Congrats!

Hi All ...

Moira x

Yay, fantastic news!! See the email did the trick!! :thumbs::thumbs:

K1

5/16/08:Received NA01

2/24/09: NA02 APPROVAL... finally, after 9 MONTHS & 8 DAYS!!

5/5/09 : Interview Date APPROVED!!!!

5/8/09: visa received

From NA01 to interview: 12 LONG MONTHS!!

07/23/09: received SSN

08/17/09: Passed Driving test

08/22/09: Married on beautiful Mackinac Island, MI

AOS

08/31/09: Mailed AOS Package

10/20/09: Received AP

10/21/09 Received EAD card

12/7/09 AOS APPROVED!

12/14/09: Green Card arrived in mail. Happy Days!

It's taken 18 months from applying for K1 to receipt of Green Card! Thank God it's over until 12/7/11

Here we go again...

ROC

09/14/11: Mailed I-751 to Vermont

09/19/11: NA01

10/14/11: Biometrics

7/2/12: Approved. New Card Ordered

7/7/12: Green Card received

Timeline
Hi All ...

Moira x

Yay, fantastic news!! See the email did the trick!! :thumbs::thumbs:

Thanks everyone! MonkeyJuice, I only called the DOS to make sure that the information from the email had been transferred to my file ... and she said an interview had been scheduled!! So it did work!!

Thank you so much for the telephone number Bob - you are a life saver - I don't think I could have survived until Tuesday to get my medical sorted out ... :D

I couldn't get my medical on the Monday before my interview because it was such short notice, so the receptionist scheduled it for the Wednesday after. I didn't realise you could have your medical AFTER your visa interview, but she assured me that I could and that it was fine ...

So timetable is ... fly down to Luton early Monday morning .. spend the day sightseeing with my Mum. Interview on Tuesday 12th at 10am and medical on Wednesday 13th at 10.30am

I am sorted ... I am happy ...

Have a great weekend everyone ... I know I will be!! :dance:

Moira x

K-1

AOS

08.28.09 ~~~ Notice Date

09.22.09 ~~~ Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.