Laura+Tom

The 2009 United Kingdom Interview Thread!

3,097 posts in this topic

Add me to the list of interview dates!!! May 19 at 8:30 am! So excited :) Hopefully May is going to be a great month for all of us again!

:dance: :dance: woohooo! even better then you hoped for! good thing we didnt trade dates ;-)

Congrats Magpie !! :dance: :dance:

Thanks! I am just hoping I heard her right! I was SO shocked I didn't know what was going on. I was just calling today to see if London had received the medical results. She said something about something concerning the medical being in Packet 4? What is she talking about?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ms. magpie.

i am thrilled to BITS for you and for mr. knight and even for your cat, though i am not fond of felines. i was so heartbroken for you both (plus the cat too, i suppose). i am so glad that your timeline is back on schedule. you handled AP like a champ. Heart_Sign.gif

im so f'ing happy that you are off that AP list.

love from lisabette and jamie.

(april was a seriously good month!)

21 oct 08 : i-129F sent / 22 oct 08 : NOA1 / 23 feb 09: NOA2 / 13 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 3' / 28 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 4' / 20 apr 09 : interview / 22 apr 09 : passport/visa delivery by courier / 29 apr 09 : POE @ PHL / <3 05 may 09 : married <3 / 06 jul 09 : AOS submitted / 09 jul 09 : NOA for EAD/AP/i-485 / 28 jul 09 : biometrics / 31 aug 09 : AP rec'd / 02 sep 09 : EAD rec'd / 19 oct 09 : conditional green card rec'd

16 jul 11 : i-751 sent to VSC (fedex)

18 jul 11 : fedex confirmed delivery; NOA1 generated

20 jul 11 : NOA1 notice rec'd; check cashed; touch

26 jul 11 : NOA2 generated

28 jul 11 : NOA2 biometrics appt letter rec'd

29 jul 11 : letter req biometrics appt rescheduling sent

09 aug 11 : biometrics appt (could not attend); NOA3 generated

11 aug 11 : NOA3 (rescheduled) biometrics appt letter rec'd

24 aug 11 : biometrics appt

14 oct 11 : conditional green card expiry date

16 nov 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR online

18 nov 11 : mailed i-865 for USC

22 nov 11 : moved house; NOA4 change of address for USC rec'd

13 dec 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR by phone

29 dec 11 : filed hardcopy AR-11 for LPR by mail

18 jan 12 : 6 month mark ROC

05 apr 12 : approval letter rec'd

16 jul 12 : n-400 filing window opens

immediate concerns:

none, immigration-wise.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline
Add me to the list of interview dates!!! May 19 at 8:30 am! So excited :) Hopefully May is going to be a great month for all of us again!

Great news about the interview Laura ... congratulations! :thumbs:

Magpie ... glad you're on your way at last ... :dance:

Good luck to emma77 and garye83 for interviews tomorrow!

Have a great weekend everyone ....

Moira x

K-1

All information is in my timeline ....

AOS

08.22.09 ~~~ Posted AOS docs to Chicago

08.28.09 ~~~ Notice Date

08.31.09 ~~~ Received 3 x NOA's in the mail

09.01.09 ~~~ Date changed on status tracker - a "touch" woot ....

09.04.09 ~~~ Appointment notice arrived for Biometrics

09.22.09 ~~~ Biometrics

09.22.09 ~~~ A wee touch to AOS and EAD

09.23.09 ~~~ Another touch to both - email re transfer to Calfornia

10.05.09 ~~~ Emails to say both EAD and AP are approved!

10.06.09 ~~~ Touches to both EAD and AP

10.07.09 ~~~ Touch to EAD

10.08.09 ~~~ Touch and email advising card production for EAD

10.13.09 ~~~ EAD received!

10.15.09 ~~~ Applied for SS Number .....

10.20.09 ~~~ Email saying AOS approved and card being produced!!

10.24.09 ~~~ Green card received!

Timeline
Good luck for tomorrow Graziumphry! Our first May approval please!! :thumbs::thumbs:

I second that! OMG ... is it May already?? :rofl:

K-1

AOS

08.28.09 ~~~ Notice Date

09.22.09 ~~~ Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
:D Thank you SO much everyone. I'm so giddy right now I can't even think, and I can't imagine how either Knight or I are going to focus on our exams!

Best of luck to those who have interviews in May -- I know you guys will sail through.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Magpie.

SO thrilled for you :)

Date I-129F Sent: 8-4-08
Date I-129F NOA1: 8-6-08
Date I-129F NOA2: 12-214-08
Date left NVC: 1-7-09
Packet 3: 1-23-09
Medical appt: 2-20-09
Packet 3 Returned: 3-8-09
Packet 3 Received at Embassy: 3-10-09
Interview Date: 4-24-09! PASSED :)
Visa In Hand: 4-19-09
POE in San Fran: 8-16-09!
Wedding: 09-09-09
Mailed AOS: 10-22-09 :))) (FINally)
AOS signed for: 10-26-09
Check cashed: 10-30-09
NOA I-797 (Register, EAD and Travel) for both guys: 10-30-09
Biometrics: 11-25-09
Travel Docs approved: 12-11-09
EAD Approval: 12-15-09
Travel Docs received: 12-19-09
EAD Cards received: 12-24-09
AOS Interview: 1-14-10 Passed!!
Cards ordered: 1-21-10
Cards arrived: 1-28-10
Mailed I-751: 10-17-2011
NOA I-751: 10/19/2011
Biometrics: 11/21/2011
RFE: 4-6-2012
RFE: Response sent 4/18/2012
NOA: I-797 5/1/2012
Cards arrived: 5/31/2012

N-400 Naturalization mailed: 11-12-15 :luv::joy:

NOA N-400 received: 11-18-15

Biometrics: 12-10-15
Oath/Citizen!: 03/01/2016
We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love. ~Author Unknown

Moira x

Guess the DOS lady that told me May interviews were already schedule was wrong! Hopefully this makes you feel a bit better that there is still hope! Have you done any investigating as to where your file is?

Timeline

Congrats on the date! We're pulling for a May interview ourselves. Returned packet 3 on April 11th so it seems possible they can fit us into May. I called the DOS today and still same thing.. she's been approved for a date but none has been assigned yet... sigh.

Bob

We'll race you!! :lol:

I sent an email off to the Embassy on Tuesday morning - I wanted to let them know that I had a few days in May when I wouldn't be available for interview. I haven't had a reply back from them as yet. There's still plenty of time though, they said 3 to 4 days turn around for emails. I DID get a confirmation email that said I shouldn't ask for a status update ..

Ummm too late ... I just couldn't help myself ... :lol: I put a small paragraph in about our "planned dates", so hopefully they will take those onboard when scheduling our interview!

I am trying VERY hard to master the art of waiting patiently .... so I'd best get back to it ... I need all the practice I can get!

Moira x

K-1

AOS

08.28.09 ~~~ Notice Date

09.22.09 ~~~ Biometrics

Timeline

Moira x

Guess the DOS lady that told me May interviews were already schedule was wrong! Hopefully this makes you feel a bit better that there is still hope! Have you done any investigating as to where your file is?

Hey Laura ... yes, it does make me feel a little bit better. My docs are with the Embassy - no doubt about that. DOS has had them on their system since the 26th of March. I just posted re an email I sent to the Embassy on Tuesday, so hopefully I'll hear something soon.

I'm not looking for anything concrete from them ... I'm just needing a little bit of reassurance that our case is being looked at actively ... :)

Hope the time flies for you .. congrats again!

Moira x

K-1

AOS

08.28.09 ~~~ Notice Date

09.22.09 ~~~ Biometrics

Moira x

Hey Laura ... yes, it does make me feel a little bit better. My docs are with the Embassy - no doubt about that. DOS has had them on their system since the 26th of March. I just posted re an email I sent to the Embassy on Tuesday, so hopefully I'll hear something soon.

I'm not looking for anything concrete from them ... I'm just needing a little bit of reassurance that our case is being looked at actively ... :)

Moira x

I'm sure you've already said this, so I am sorry for asking again but could you confirm with DOS at all if the embassy has everything needed to schedule the interview? Did they say you are eligible for the interview, like they did to Bob? If they didn't, I don't think this is a problem, because they never said that to me at all...but it would be interesting to know. Hopefully in their response to you they tell you what the issue is. I'm assuming you send in all the forms, and the checklist? Did you make sure to check all of the appropriate documents on the checklist?

Timeline

Moira x

Moira x

I'm sure you've already said this, so I am sorry for asking again but could you confirm with DOS at all if the embassy has everything needed to schedule the interview? Did they say you are eligible for the interview, like they did to Bob? If they didn't, I don't think this is a problem, because they never said that to me at all...but it would be interesting to know. Hopefully in their response to you they tell you what the issue is. I'm assuming you send in all the forms, and the checklist? Did you make sure to check all of the appropriate documents on the checklist?

Hi again Laura ...

Every time I called the DOS they said that the Embassy was still processing my application and that it hadn't been "qualified" for interview yet. I was assuming that comment meant that I wasn't eligible yet?

I checked and double checked everything ... then triple and quadruple checked it!! Everything they asked for was in the package that I sent back to them ... I even got my Mum to go over everything with me to make sure I hadn't filled in anything incorrectly or missed anything out ...

I also put a cover note in saying that I would be travelling from Scotland and that I would schedule my medical for the day before my interview so that I could get everything done in the one visit ...

Oh well, as my old granny used to say - "what's for you .. won't go by you" - I just need to be more patient ... :)

Moira x

K-1

AOS

08.28.09 ~~~ Notice Date

09.22.09 ~~~ Biometrics

Moira x

Moira x

Hi again Laura ...

Every time I called the DOS they said that the Embassy was still processing my application and that it hadn't been "qualified" for interview yet. I was assuming that comment meant that I wasn't eligible yet?

I checked and double checked everything ... then triple and quadruple checked it!! Everything they asked for was in the package that I sent back to them ... I even got my Mum to go over everything with me to make sure I hadn't filled in anything incorrectly or missed anything out ...

I also put a cover note in saying that I would be travelling from Scotland and that I would schedule my medical for the day before my interview so that I could get everything done in the one visit ...

Oh well, as my old granny used to say - "what's for you .. won't go by you" - I just need to be more patient ... :)

Moira x

Hopefully you will get a reply to your email soon and figure out what is going on! It does seem odd. Is it possible to go into AP before the interview? I don't think I have heard of this. But anyway, if that's what it was I am sure DOS would know.

Timeline

Moira x

Moira x

Hi again Laura ...

Moira x

Hopefully you will get a reply to your email soon and figure out what is going on! It does seem odd. Is it possible to go into AP before the interview? I don't think I have heard of this. But anyway, if that's what it was I am sure DOS would know.

Yes, I'm sure they would Laura. I think DOS would have said something if there was a problem. Basically they said it was just a matter of waiting ....

I'm not the most patient person on the planet though ... and this whole process would try the patience of a saint! But what it all boils down to .... is whether the end result is worth it ... and Steve most certainly is!!

OMG ... it's after 3am ... I'm off to bed ... :o

Moira x

K-1

AOS

08.28.09 ~~~ Notice Date

09.22.09 ~~~ Biometrics

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Moira x

The only 'explanation' I ever got was London is a very busy station and things move slow. I recall seeing some charts somewhere on VJ that London was like teh 3rd busiest behind the Philippines and Moscow.

Just my $.02 worth,

Bob

Bob

2009/08/06 Wedding Date. Married on a sailboat off Florida's west coast.

I-485

2009/10/07 Sent

2009/10/14 NOA Date

2009/10/23 Bio Apt Letter Received

2009/10/28 Transferred to California

2009/11/10 Biometrics Apt

20xx/xx/xx Interview Date

2009/12/01 Card Production Ordered

2009/12/07 Card Received

EAD

2009/10/07 Sent

2009/10/14 NOA Date

2009/10/23 Bio Apt Letter Received

2009/11/10 Biometrics Apt

2009/11/23 Card Production Ordered

2009/12/03 Card Received

AP

20xx/xx/xx Sent

20xx/xx/xx Arrived

20xx/xx/xx NOA Date

20xx/xx/xx Approval Date

tpjees.png

Moira x

The only 'explanation' I ever got was London is a very busy station and things move slow. I recall seeing some charts somewhere on VJ that London was like teh 3rd busiest behind the Philippines and Moscow.

Just my $.02 worth,

Bob

Bob

The charts on here that show how many days it took from consulate received to interview consistently show London as one of the slower ones...but, I am not sure how entirely accurate it is because one day, it'll say 81 days, the next 50..etc...I think the point is there is SO much variation, but it does seem you get through faster if your travel/wedding dates are sooner.

:D :D Thankums again guys. Oohhh, what a relief. I can't sleep, I'm so excited, and I have an exam today...oops! Everyone's support here has tremendous :luv:.

Also, there's no pre-interview AP of any sort, guys :) so you have nothing to worry about. They will take a bit of time getting back to you so you have nothing to worry about. Eeeeeeeeeee!

Magpie, still hyper at 3:30 in the morning.

Upon the mountain of that which would undo us, our banner shall fly highest.

For K-1 timeline, please check our story!

:: Before-AOS Timeline ::

2009-06-16: Received SSN

2009-06-18: Got my degree classification! Got a 2:1 =D.

2009-07-04: Got MARRIED on Independance Day in San Antonio!

:: AOS Timeline ::

2009-08-06: Mailed off our AOS packet!

2009-08-10: USCIS received packet, no NOA1 yet

2009-08-14: NOA1, eeee!

2009-09-08: Walk-in biometrics, all done!

2009-09-15: Got AP, woo + driving permit

2009-09-25: Approved for EAD, waiting for card

2009-09-30: EAD in hand :D

2009-10-16: Received interview letter for 20th October :D

2009-10-20: AOS APPROVED!

2009-10-30: Green card in hand! Weeeeeee!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.