Laura+Tom

The 2009 United Kingdom Interview Thread!

3,097 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline
Hi ...

I just called the London Embassy and asked for the status of my case. The person I spoke to (Maggie) said that my case was within the specified guidelines for processing - which, at the moment, is eight weeks.

I asked for the email code and was asked why I needed to email them. I repeated basically what you said Monkey Juice and was told that there was no point emailing them as I had already included the information about intended travel and marriage dates within my documents.

She said she understood my concern, but that I was to wait the eight weeks and if I didn't hear anything by then .... then I should call again. I guess I just need to wait until the 21st of May ... unless they send me an interview date out before then.

Have a great day ....

Moira x

Hello Moira,

You should not have explained all of this to the lady who answered the phone when you called the extortion line...she is just an operator and cannot give you further information. You should have simply asked for the email code of the week and if she asked why you could have said to expedite my interview date or to change my interview date, etc. When my fiance called the extortion line for the embassy, just as he began to explain the situation of why we need to re-extend our interview date, the male operator on the line told him not to explain anything to him because he is just an operator and he proceeded to give my fiance the email code of the week. I suggest to call the embassy again and ask for the email code this time....not even a 2 minute phone call and then you can email the embassy and they will take care of it. I must say, the London embassy is very very cooperative and pretty much on top of things as compared to the rest. We are very pleased to be dealing with them for this immigration process. Good luck! :thumbs:

I called again and told them I had a week in May when I wouldn't be available for interview. I wasn't lying - there will be four days in May when I won't be. They gave me the code. I'll put an email together tonight when I get home from work at 10.30pm.

Thanks Marm ... much appreciated ....

Just a thought ... is there any particular format that I need to follow when emailing the Embassy?

Thanks ...

K-1

All information is in my timeline ....

AOS

08.22.09 ~~~ Posted AOS docs to Chicago

08.28.09 ~~~ Notice Date

08.31.09 ~~~ Received 3 x NOA's in the mail

09.01.09 ~~~ Date changed on status tracker - a "touch" woot ....

09.04.09 ~~~ Appointment notice arrived for Biometrics

09.22.09 ~~~ Biometrics

09.22.09 ~~~ A wee touch to AOS and EAD

09.23.09 ~~~ Another touch to both - email re transfer to Calfornia

10.05.09 ~~~ Emails to say both EAD and AP are approved!

10.06.09 ~~~ Touches to both EAD and AP

10.07.09 ~~~ Touch to EAD

10.08.09 ~~~ Touch and email advising card production for EAD

10.13.09 ~~~ EAD received!

10.15.09 ~~~ Applied for SS Number .....

10.20.09 ~~~ Email saying AOS approved and card being produced!!

10.24.09 ~~~ Green card received!

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

WE WERE APPROVED!!!!! however, there was a few things wrong with out i-134 form so we have to re-submit them to the embassy but once they go to the embassy with his passport-- he will finally be off to the states!!! I can hardly wait!!! thank you all for your support! and I'm sure we will be on more once we apply for our AOS :):D

post-62485-1240923737_thumb.jpg

Successfully navigated the interview this morning and am now going back to bed, as I didn't sleep a wink last night! Technically, I am awaiting documents, but it's no biggie-just a photocopy of my co-sponsor (mother-in-law) passport and driving license to confirm she is an American. She's emailing me that now, I should have it printed and sent by tomorrow morning and they said the current wait is 4 days for the actual visa! So thumbs up!

- OUR TIMELINE -

04/25/08 - sent I-130 to Chicago lockbox

05/05/08 - received NOA1, assigned to VSC

11/07/08 - transferred to CSC

12/16/08 - NOA2 by email - I-130 approved

12/20/08 - NOA2 in mail - 240 days

12/22/08 - NVC receive package

01/05/09 - we receive AOS Bill and DS-3032

02/12/09 - medical 04th Mar 2009 - NVC Complete - 314 days

04/28/09 - interview passed - 370 days

06/20/09 - visa arrived by courier

06/21/09 - POE Dallas Fort-Worth - 398 days to gain permanent residence (CR-1)

02/22/11 - Sent I-765 to Vermont Service Center

03/03/11 - Received receipt for I-765

04/04/11 - AOS interview and biometrics in Oklahoma City - took all of 20 minutes, no sweat

Currently waiting on my 10-year Green Card - Best wishes to everyone going through their journey!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Does anyone know what happened with Laura + Tom? Is she not filing any longer?

Not any more. It all started when Tom told me he didn't want to get married and cancelled my holiday. I am supposed to be in the US now for an 8 week holiday. It all went downhill from there. We split just over a week ago. We had drifted apart and Tom had become a different person once he arrived back in the US after being away for nearly four years. He wasn't interested in making the relationship work, was citing he had 'issues' and barely spoke to me, so we made the decision to split. I put my life on hold for him for two years, sacrificed work opportunities and friendships as I always knew I wanted to follow him to the US, now it's time for me to get my life back. Sorry for the essay.

Congratulations, guys!

What was wrong with the 134 if you don't mind me asking? Just to stop any possible delays..

Why do they need driving license and passport? We only have a birth certificate for the co-sponsor, if that will suffice..

Sorry to hear that you and Tom are no longer together, Laura. I'm glad to hear that you're putting things into perspective and getting your life back after waiting so long. Having a nice new flat will be really good for you.

Congrats to Paul and Alixhilary on your approvals!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

@paul. : I am wondering the same thing as Gemmie, I have included a copy of the bio page of co-sponsor's passport as well as a copy of the naturalization certificate of the co-sponsor to prove that the co-sponsor is a USC. But I did not know that you needed TWO proofs for proving that the co-sponsor is a USC? Were you specifically told what documents the co-sponsor should send you to prove that he/she is a USC???

@Alixhilary: As Gemmie asked, we would also like to know what you mean by "there were a few things wrong with the I-134". It would help the rest of us not make the errors if you would like to share what was wrong with your forms :yes:

@Moira: Have a look at my post here about what to include in the email/format to the embassy: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=2869382

@Laura: Wishing you all the best in life...hope that you find your self moving on to better and happier things ASAP!!!

@Anyone else who I missed in congratulating on approvals: CONGRATS!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Edited by MARM

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

January 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

Jason&Sarah, Hannah+Vito, Mrssmith, ShannonNick, adrianandlinsay, Marmite Lovers!

February 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

Rob&Dawn, Zoe and Hal, Terri and Seb, Talyss, TeeKol,

March 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London

Stinky Monkey, skparker, Laurence+Lauren, pothergavel, paumanda, texpat cymru, obbynox, jhonscotland, Caminic, Furious Biscuit, ahlpo, jojo_gee

April 2009 Graduates of the US Embassy, London
DairyFarmer

April 2009 Interviews

skeez&titanic................K1.........................................6th April 2009 APPROVED!!!!
SwanTiger....................K1.........................................6th April 2009 APPROVED!!!!
miss g..........................K1..........................................6th April 2009 APPROVED!!!!
LondonLad...................DCF.......................................7th April 2009 APPROVED!!!!
niniel71........................K1........................................17th April 2009 APPROVED!!!!
mr and mrs...................K1........................................20th April 2009 APPROVED!!!!
Kirsten UK.....................K1.......................................23th April 2009 - Approved pending additional documentation
Stinkerpotsam..............K1........................................24th April 2009 APPROVED!!!!
Marty J..........................K1........................................24th April 2009 APPROVED!!!!
prima and jay................K1.......................................24th April 2009 APPROVED!!!!
Helen&Dougie...........CR-1/IR-1................................24th April 2009 APPROVED!!!!
Alixhilary.......................K1........................................27th April 2009- Approved pending additional documentation
Colinjess.......................K1........................................27th April 2009 - Approved pending medical results
paul...........................CR-1/IR-1................................28th April 2009- Approved pending additional documentation
KAT&Allie.....................K1..........................................29th April 2009

May 2009 Interviews

Graziumphry.................K1..........................................1st May 2009
Monkey Juice................K1..........................................5th May 2009
Gemmie........................K1..........................................5th May 2009
MARM...........................K1........................................12th May 2009
H&V..............................K1.......................................15th May 2009
PB&JAM........................K1.......................................22nd May 2009

Still waiting for approval

stevi1123.........................................16th October 2008 - Approved pending additional documentation
Marie620..........................................12th January 2009 - Denied
Dave and Jess..................................10th March 2009 ?
The Dip Sticks...................................25th March 2009 ?
KnightAndMagpie..............................30th March 2009 - Placed in AP, Heart_Sign.gif hopefully not for long

Updates/New entries/changes highlighted in blue - will go to normal color in the next update.

Please let us know if you have an Interview Date to add to the list, updated information or corrections.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KAT&Allie, good luck tomorrow for your interview!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: Edited by MARM

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Hi ...

I just called the London Embassy and asked for the status of my case. The person I spoke to (Maggie) said that my case was within the specified guidelines for processing - which, at the moment, is eight weeks.

I asked for the email code and was asked why I needed to email them. I repeated basically what you said Monkey Juice and was told that there was no point emailing them as I had already included the information about intended travel and marriage dates within my documents.

She said she understood my concern, but that I was to wait the eight weeks and if I didn't hear anything by then .... then I should call again. I guess I just need to wait until the 21st of May ... unless they send me an interview date out before then.

Have a great day ....

Moira x

Call back!! speak to someone else! I had to call them to change my address. One woman told me I had to post the amendment & wouldn't give me the code. So I phoned back again & asked someone else & she gave it to me.

Tell them that you forgot to put the wedding date on the paperwork & you need the code. Be pushy! lol :star:

K1

5/16/08:Received NA01

2/24/09: NA02 APPROVAL... finally, after 9 MONTHS & 8 DAYS!!

5/5/09 : Interview Date APPROVED!!!!

5/8/09: visa received

From NA01 to interview: 12 LONG MONTHS!!

07/23/09: received SSN

08/17/09: Passed Driving test

08/22/09: Married on beautiful Mackinac Island, MI

AOS

08/31/09: Mailed AOS Package

10/20/09: Received AP

10/21/09 Received EAD card

12/7/09 AOS APPROVED!

12/14/09: Green Card arrived in mail. Happy Days!

It's taken 18 months from applying for K1 to receipt of Green Card! Thank God it's over until 12/7/11

Here we go again...

ROC

09/14/11: Mailed I-751 to Vermont

09/19/11: NA01

10/14/11: Biometrics

7/2/12: Approved. New Card Ordered

7/7/12: Green Card received

Timeline
Congratulations, guys!

What was wrong with the 134 if you don't mind me asking? Just to stop any possible delays..

Why do they need driving license and passport? We only have a birth certificate for the co-sponsor, if that will suffice..

Sorry to hear that you and Tom are no longer together, Laura. I'm glad to hear that you're putting things into perspective and getting your life back after waiting so long. Having a nice new flat will be really good for you.

Congrats to Paul and Alixhilary on your approvals!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

@paul. : I am wondering the same thing as Gemmie, I have included a copy of the bio page of co-sponsor's passport as well as a copy of the naturalization certificate of the co-sponsor to prove that the co-sponsor is a USC. But I did not know that you needed TWO proofs for proving that the co-sponsor is a USC? Were you specifically told what documents the co-sponsor should send you to prove that he/she is a USC???

@Alixhilary: As Gemmie asked, we would also like to know what you mean by "there were a few things wrong with the I-134". It would help the rest of us not make the errors if you would like to share what was wrong with your forms :yes:

@Moira: Have a look at my post here about what to include in the email/format to the embassy: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=2869382

@Laura: Wishing you all the best in life...hope that you find your self moving on to better and happier things ASAP!!!

@Anyone else who I missed in congratulating on approvals: CONGRATS!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

[/quote

Alix dad who is the co-sponsor miss understood Q11 and put i do not intend instead of i do intend plus i need a copy of his birth certificate.... so as soon as i get them i can send them off :)

rich

Congrats to Alixhilary and Paul on your approvals! :D

K1 Journey

I-129F Sent : 2nd July 2008

NOA1 : 25th July 2008

NOA2 : 28th November 2008

NVC Received : 2nd December 2008

NVC Left : 12th January 2009

Consulate Received : 26th January 2009

Packet 3 Sent : 27th January 2009

Interview: 19th February 2009

Visa in hand : 24th February 2009

Flew to US: 28th February 2009

Wedding Day 10th March 2009 in snowy Colorado

AOS Journey

AOS package sent : 24th March 2009

NOA: 31st March 2009

AOS transferred to CSC: 13th April 2009

Biometrics Appt: 23rd April 2009

AOS approved 13th May 2009

Green Card received 9th June 2009

Stuck in AP at NVC thread

UK AOS Progress Timeline

Timeline

one other thing when i phone the courier will they pick it up same day? and when i do send it wot do i need to put on the envelop and do i need to put in the blue piece of paper?

thanxs rich

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Hi All ....

I guess that's any hope of a May interview out of the window then - I didn't realise that all next month's interviews had been allocated already. :(

Is it too early to be worried? I keep seeing you lovely people getting interview dates before me ... and am beginning to wonder if there is a problem with the docs I sent in. I suppose everyone's circumstances are different and that all applications take different amounts of time ...

Oh well ... no chance of our mid-June wedding now .... :(

Have a great week everyone ...

Moira x

I've been calling DOS every other day and they tell me Pat is qualified for an interview, but no date has been assigned yet. In my mind I keep thinking.. FFS if they know she's all set for an interview, why can't they just assign one?? Paper shuffling between desks?

I'll give it another few days then start digging into it.. maybe have Pat call the expensive line, get the email code and carry on from there I guess.

Bob

2009/08/06 Wedding Date. Married on a sailboat off Florida's west coast.

I-485

2009/10/07 Sent

2009/10/14 NOA Date

2009/10/23 Bio Apt Letter Received

2009/10/28 Transferred to California

2009/11/10 Biometrics Apt

20xx/xx/xx Interview Date

2009/12/01 Card Production Ordered

2009/12/07 Card Received

EAD

2009/10/07 Sent

2009/10/14 NOA Date

2009/11/23 Card Production Ordered

2009/12/03 Card Received

AP

20xx/xx/xx Sent

20xx/xx/xx Arrived

20xx/xx/xx NOA Date

20xx/xx/xx Approval Date

tpjees.png

Hi All ....

I guess that's any hope of a May interview out of the window then - I didn't realise that all next month's interviews had been allocated already. :(

Is it too early to be worried? I keep seeing you lovely people getting interview dates before me ... and am beginning to wonder if there is a problem with the docs I sent in. I suppose everyone's circumstances are different and that all applications take different amounts of time ...

Moira x

I've been calling DOS every other day and they tell me Pat is qualified for an interview, but no date has been assigned yet. In my mind I keep thinking.. FFS if they know she's all set for an interview, why can't they just assign one?? Paper shuffling between desks?

I'll give it another few days then start digging into it.. maybe have Pat call the expensive line, get the email code and carry on from there I guess.

Bob

What do you ask them to get them to say she is qualified for an interview? When I asked them today if Sven is qualified for the interview or not, they just said that the embassy will send out a letter when they schedule the interview...

I'm gonna wait til next week and try calling again.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Hi All ....

Moira x

Bob

What do you ask them to get them to say she is qualified for an interview? When I asked them today if Sven is qualified for the interview or not, they just said that the embassy will send out a letter when they schedule the interview...

The first time I heard that, it was volunteered freely. "Yes I see she's been approved for an interview but no date has been set"

The 2nd 3rd, 4th times I asked. "So she is approved for an interview... correct? We're not waiting for anything else?" The answer is always something like "Yes she is approved and ready for a date to be set"

This last time I also asked about her medical to make sure that was all ok. As far as I can tell we're not waiting on anything other then an appointment date.

Good luck,

Bob (and Pat)

2009/08/06 Wedding Date. Married on a sailboat off Florida's west coast.

I-485

2009/10/07 Sent

2009/10/14 NOA Date

2009/10/28 Transferred to California

20xx/xx/xx Interview Date

2009/12/01 Card Production Ordered

2009/12/07 Card Received

EAD

2009/10/07 Sent

2009/10/14 NOA Date

2009/11/23 Card Production Ordered

2009/12/03 Card Received

AP

20xx/xx/xx Sent

20xx/xx/xx Arrived

20xx/xx/xx NOA Date

20xx/xx/xx Approval Date

tpjees.png

Hi All ....

Moira x

Bob

The first time I heard that, it was volunteered freely. "Yes I see she's been approved for an interview but no date has been set"

The 2nd 3rd, 4th times I asked. "So she is approved for an interview... correct? We're not waiting for anything else?" The answer is always something like "Yes she is approved and ready for a date to be set"

This last time I also asked about her medical to make sure that was all ok. As far as I can tell we're not waiting on anything other then an appointment date.

Good luck,

Bob (and Pat)

Ohh ok! Maybe I will call on Thursday then and try that, and ask about the medical as well. Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.