taj'samericanwife

problems with muslim spouse?

77 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Why the heck is a Pakistani thread in MENA? LOL I have to laugh because some of my family on Christmas were saying things like "oh you're from the middle east? I know a pakistani fellow...". We really need to up our geography lessons in the USA apparently.

So every Muslim follows either one of these 4 schools of thought, all of them are correct, details may differ, but it is not like one school forbids something totally and the other school accepts it, nothing as drastic as that, its just where some details are doubtful, each school of thought interprets in their own way.

I disagree. Not EVERY muslim follows either one of the 4 schools of thought. What about the Shia muslims? :whistle:

I was speaking about the SUNNI MUSLIMS...and as far as I know, Shia's are considered a totally different group in the opinion of the entire Sunni majority. But if you still want to argue school of thought, then you can include Jaafri as the 5th school of thought for the Shia Muslims.

I agree not all Muslims follow a school of thought (e.g. the companions who just stuck to the sunnah). However, it is important to note here that schools of thought apply to understanding of jurisprudence issues. Shias have a totally different creed (aqeedah) than Sunnis so they fall into a totally different category and can not be considered a fifth school of thought.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage : 2007-11-24

I-130 Sent : 2008-01-17

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-12

Expedite Request Approved - 2008-04-17

NOA2: 2008-04-22

National Visa Center

Case Number Assigned: 2008-04-25

DS-3032 and AOS Fee Bill Generated: 2008-05-05

AOS Fee Bill Paid: 2008-05-03

DS-3032 Accepted: 2008-05-07

I-864 Hard Copy Mailed: 2008-05-07

IV Fee Bill Paid - 2008-08-04

DS230 Mailed - 2008-08-06

Case Completed - 2008-08-13

Interview - 2008-10-07 - Put on AP

Passport Requested - 2008-12-14

Passport Received - 2008-12-26

POE - 2008-12-29

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mean to carry on this off-topic conversation,but I must share my opinion regarding this whole thing of arguing the schools of thought...this is the biggest problem with Muslims in my opinion. Why are we nit-picking this issue? The bottom line is that Muslims are united as Muslims because of their religion and basic strong tenets of belief. I myself being Muslim, feel sad that we are arguing about schools of thought and such...what kind of impression are we giving of ourselves, even more so, why are there always Muslims arguing about schools of thought or creed or whatever....Muslims means we are Muslims, that's it, its not about differentiating all the time, it is about being united.

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
I don't mean to carry on this off-topic conversation,but I must share my opinion regarding this whole thing of arguing the schools of thought...this is the biggest problem with Muslims in my opinion. Why are we nit-picking this issue? The bottom line is that Muslims are united as Muslims because of their religion and basic strong tenets of belief. I myself being Muslim, feel sad that we are arguing about schools of thought and such...what kind of impression are we giving of ourselves, even more so, why are there always Muslims arguing about schools of thought or creed or whatever....Muslims means we are Muslims, that's it, its not about differentiating all the time, it is about being united.

:thumbs: agree.

Truth of Palestine

take time to watch , give yourself time to understand. Then make your conclusions.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=676280059

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endid=242259905

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Creed is what separates Muslims from non-Muslims. A defect in aqeedah can take one out of the fold of Islaam. If creed is not something worth discussing, then nothing in Islaam is. Would you prefer not to be differentiated from those who curse Abu Bakr and Umar? Or would you prefer not to be differentiated from those who pray to those in graves? None of that has anything to do with Islaam. How can one call for unification on such falsehoods? We as Muslims should unite but on the truth as established in the Qur'aan and Sunnah. Unity on falsehood is disunity from our Messenger.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage : 2007-11-24

I-130 Sent : 2008-01-17

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-12

Expedite Request Approved - 2008-04-17

NOA2: 2008-04-22

National Visa Center

Case Number Assigned: 2008-04-25

DS-3032 and AOS Fee Bill Generated: 2008-05-05

AOS Fee Bill Paid: 2008-05-03

DS-3032 Accepted: 2008-05-07

I-864 Hard Copy Mailed: 2008-05-07

IV Fee Bill Paid - 2008-08-04

DS230 Mailed - 2008-08-06

Case Completed - 2008-08-13

Interview - 2008-10-07 - Put on AP

Passport Requested - 2008-12-14

Passport Received - 2008-12-26

POE - 2008-12-29

Creed is what separates Muslims from non-Muslims. A defect in aqeedah can take one out of the fold of Islaam. If creed is not something worth discussing, then nothing in Islaam is. Would you prefer not to be differentiated from those who curse Abu Bakr and Umar? Or would you prefer not to be differentiated from those who pray to those in graves? None of that has anything to do with Islaam. How can one call for unification on such falsehoods? We as Muslims should unite but on the truth as established in the Qur'aan and Sunnah. Unity on falsehood is disunity from our Messenger.

I didn't mention anything about differentiating Muslims from non-Muslims. I was talking about Muslims being united as being Muslims. But you do not see my point and continue to argue and act as if you are the only one that knows everything...and you are bringing up unnecessary information to prolong a pointless argument...all that you are saying is already understood by all Muslims, so I will just zip up here. May Allah guide us all, Ameen.

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

While muslim men can marry christian women, it is deffinitely not allowed for a muslim woman to marry a christian man. I think the throught is that the woman is weaker and will convert to the religion of her husband.

Though it happens all the time, for a Muslim to marry a Christian is against the Muslim teachings and traditions.

A Muslim man is allowed to marry a woman outside of Islam as long as she is either Christian or Jewish. Although they do prefer that he marries a Muslim. If they are from a Muslim country it of course is less common, but It happens in a non muslim country more than one might think.

What about a Muslim woman marrying a Christian man? My "first love" was a young Muslim woman in Sarajevo. Upon noticing that a romance was blossoming, her parents politely and as nicely as possible informed me that because I was an infidel, they would not permit her to continue seeing me.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

no, the thought is that the children must be raised muslim and since children follow the religion of the father, this would mean their granchildren would be brought up christian.

THAT is the thought behind muslim woman not marrying non-muslims

While muslim men can marry christian women, it is deffinitely not allowed for a muslim woman to marry a christian man. I think the throught is that the woman is weaker and will convert to the religion of her husband.

Though it happens all the time, for a Muslim to marry a Christian is against the Muslim teachings and traditions.

A Muslim man is allowed to marry a woman outside of Islam as long as she is either Christian or Jewish. Although they do prefer that he marries a Muslim. If they are from a Muslim country it of course is less common, but It happens in a non muslim country more than one might think.

What about a Muslim woman marrying a Christian man? My "first love" was a young Muslim woman in Sarajevo. Upon noticing that a romance was blossoming, her parents politely and as nicely as possible informed me that because I was an infidel, they would not permit her to continue seeing me.

Edited by Lisa wa Yazied

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

no, the thought is that the children must be raised muslim and since children follow the religion of the father, this would mean their granchildren would be brought up christian.

THAT is the thought behind muslim woman not marrying non-muslims

That is correct 100& !

ETA: This is ~2 MONTHS old thread....don't see what instigated a new post here...

Edited by MARM

Timeline

HA! I saw it and thought..wth did this thread come from? lol Then I just haaaaad to answer lol

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline
HA! I saw it and thought..wth did this thread come from? lol Then I just haaaaad to answer lol

When will we (human race) evolve out of these formal religions??? They have been very counter productive lately.

I dont know, humans have had their rituals involving god/gods since the beginning of time, so probably never.

When will we (human race) evolve out of these formal religions??? They have been very counter productive lately.

Thread-Crap-KittenDied.jpg

stop the murder!!! :crying:

Thanks!

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline
I think its so interesting that my english copy clearly says "do not marry unbelieving women,until they believe: a slave woman......

sorry for keeping the off topic going :D

What you are mentioning is from the beginning of the verse. The translation of the meaning of the whole verse is

"And do not marry Al-Mushrikaat (fem. idolatresses, etc.) till they believe (worship Allaah Alone). And indeed a slave woman who believes is better than a (free) Mushrikah (idolatress, etc.), even though she pleases you. And give not (your daughters) in marriage to Al-Mushrikoon till they believe (in Allaah Alone) and verily, a believing slave is better than a (free) Mushrik (masc. idolater, etc.), even though he pleases you. Those (Al-Mushrikoon) invite you to the Fire, but Allaah invites (you) to Paradise and Forgiveness by His Leave, and makes His Ayaat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) clear to mankind that they may remember"

The part of the verse I mentioned is in the middle.

Concerning women marrying non-Muslims, ibn Qudaamah (one of the biggest scholars of Islaam) said that there is scholarly consensus on the issue that it is forbidden.

So, I can't resist asking if in Islam the ultimate authority for interpreting scripture is "scholarly consensus". If so, has such consensus varied over time? If so, how does one know which consensus was the correct consensus? I'm being neither flippant or disrespectful. It's just the thoughts that come to me after reading your explanation.

I agree.

03/26/09 : NOA1

09/23/09 : NOA2

11/13/09 : APPROVED and visa in hand!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.