Brandon TX

American men meeting Russian women in ........America?????

127 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I got it you hate Putin ... and you are willing to accept anything that supports your opinion.

i don't argue on the net under any circumstance. So you are 100% correct in all accounts. I was foolish to deny your authoritarian facts based on wikipedia (universally forbidden as a documented source for any form of research). ;-)

All said you choose to believe that the media is open and free in America, whereas i do not. It is not controlled by the government, but it IS controlled by the people who control the government. Keep that in mind. How is that any different?

Now take a breath and calm down. And speaking of Belorus .. Victor Smolski is from there ... excellent guitarist! his father is a famous belorussian composer

Those are all interesting reads. but they are propaganda sources and not confirmed. Whee are the source documents? no citations :-( I understand we do not come form the same research backgrounds, but you have to understand why those sources are not valid. More importantly you need to recognize I have not outright disagreed with you either. I only present an alternative viewpoint which mirrors your own but through a different lens. For example .. Russia wants Crimea .. So? Let them take it.. Ukraine has been conquered so many times its not funny (Poland and even Lithuania conquered it). I speak without passion only raw data :-) But I don't think Russia will foricbly take Crimea.. manipulatively .. maybe .. but not through military force

In fact in the past 15 years Russia has been AWESOME in issuing grants and allowing research into archives and original Materials. Glantz (Famous Soviet historian), i know, recently received access to Stalin's original letters and orders which had been blocked forever. So they are being extremely open for that period. Even the US keeps many of these source docs under lock and key. Nothing new there.

concerning Tsar Putin .. umm yeah he doesn't want that .. Tsars in Russia tend to get shot in cottages ;-)

I am NOT a putinist. I am a historian, I deal only with direct fact. I think he did good for the country and the man himself has a very interesting history. But as i said I dislike an distrust ALL politicians.

I did not even admire Putin until after much research.

I applogize for comming off so rude. But I am fond of history and I cannot tolerate people who pervert it like Tsar Putin. He is nothing short of the anti Christ in my opinion. The only thing that seperates him from Stalin is that he hasn't had the chance to wack 20,000,000+ people like ol Joe did.

George Orwell was quoted as saying; “He who controls the present, controls the past. He who controls the past, controls the future.”...and he was referring to the Kremlin when he said this...sans his book "The Animal Farm".

"Russia has been AWSOME in issuing grants allowing research into archives and original Materials...." ..you say?

Lets take a look at just how "AWSOME" the Kremlin has been in those regards. Here's just one exampe of the Kremlins AWSOMENESS" when it comes to lying through it's teeth in regards to Russian history. Granted it's wikipedia, but all scoures and references to this article are posted down at the bottom of the article. Infact a simple google search will verify this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katyn_massacre

*Katyn massacre*

"During Kwasniewski's visit to Russia in September 2004, Russian officials announced that they are willing to transfer all the information on the Katyn Massacre to the Polish authorities as soon as it is declassified.

In March 2005 the Prosecutor's General Office of the Russian Federation concluded the decade-long investigation of the massacre. Chief Military Prosecutor Alexander Savenkov announced that the investigation was able to confirm the deaths of 1,803 out of 14,542 Polish citizens from three Soviet camps who had been sentenced to death. He did not address the fate of about 7,000 victims who had been not in POW camps, but in prisons. Savenkov declared that the massacre was not a genocide, that Soviet officials who had been found guilty of the crime were dead and that, consequently, there is absolutely no basis to talk about this in judicial terms. 116 out of 183 volumes of files gathered during the Russian investigation, were declared to contain state secrets and were classified.

Despite earlier declarations, President Vladimir Putin's government refused to allow Polish investigators to travel to Moscow in late 2004,

In late 2007 and early 2008, several Russian newspapers, including Rossiyskaya Gazeta, Komsomolskaya Pravda and Nezavisimaya Gazeta printed stories that implicated the Nazis for the crime, spurning concern that this was done with the tacit approval of the Kremlin."

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got it you hate Putin ... and you are willing to accept anything that supports your opinion.

i don't argue on the net under any circumstance. So you are 100% correct in all accounts. I was foolish to deny your authoritarian facts based on wikipedia (universally forbidden as a documented source for any form of research). ;-)

All said you choose to believe that the media is open and free in America, whereas i do not. It is not controlled by the government, but it IS controlled by the people who control the government. Keep that in mind. How is that any different?

Now take a breath and calm down. And speaking of Belorus .. Victor Smolski is from there ... excellent guitarist! his father is a famous belorussian composer

Like I stated in regards to that wiki peice...the links to the references were at the bottom of that article. It was quicker to link the wiki peice, than to link each individual peice down below. But seeing how I wouldn't want you to think I was relying soley on wiki....here's the links in regards to the Kremlin lying through it's teeth in regards to the Katyn Massacre. =)

http://www.memo.ru/daytoday/5katyn2.htm <----Russian langauge

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=ht...EN&ie=UTF-8 <---same link but translated into English with the help of Google Language Tools.

http://www.economist.com/displayStory.cfm?...83&fsrc=RSS

http://www.memo.ru/daytoday/5katyn_eng.htm

btw I haven't had the pleasure yet of hearing Smolski's music, but I will see what I can do today about changing that. Thank you for the heads up :)

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Viktoria just joined her favorite insomniac, and concurs :lol:

Заснуть, Виктория! :lol:

I still haven't installed the cyrillic keyboard. We were up for hours because Vika's balloon-headed girlfriend in Seattle decided to call us at 2am. She forgot about the time difference when she read by email that Vika was here again, and just called. I think she got the message that I would block her number forever if she does it again (instead of the original threat of murder). They are chatting again now - to get it out of their collective system early I presume.

Like I stated in regards to that wiki peice...the links to the references were at the bottom of that article. It was quicker to link the wiki peice, than to link each individual peice down below. But seeing how I wouldn't want you to think I was relying soley on wiki....here's the links in regards to the Kremlin lying through it's teeth in regards to the Katyn Massacre. =)

http://www.memo.ru/daytoday/5katyn2.htm <----Russian langauge

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=ht...EN&ie=UTF-8 <---same link but translated into English with the help of Google Language Tools.

http://www.economist.com/displayStory.cfm?...83&fsrc=RSS

http://www.memo.ru/daytoday/5katyn_eng.htm

btw I haven't had the pleasure yet of hearing Smolski's music, but I will see what I can do today about changing that. Thank you for the heads up :)

That would be option 2 above (I think). You have failed to do your research. Pointless exercise here - I advise you to quit before reinforcements arrive.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
I still haven't installed the Cyrillic keyboard.
You don't really need one if you can memorize the location of the letters. As long as you activate a Russian Keyboard in language settings you can switch from English to Russian without changing your keyboard. Edited by Satellite

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
You don't really need one if you can memorize the location of the letters. As long as you activate a Russian Keyboard in language settings you can switch from English to Russian without changing your keyboard.

Their are computer stickers in cryllic! You just put them over the english letters! They are clear so you can see both the english and russian letters! And whenever you want to switch languages, all you have to do is push ctr and shift at the same time and it switches languages or press an icon at the bottom of your computer! Is so easy and convinient. When my wife and I traveled back to the usa, this was the first thing we did! :yes: O and the stickers you buy for your keyboard are under five dollars!

You don't really need one if you can memorize the location of the letters. As long as you activate a Russian Keyboard in language settings you can switch from English to Russian without changing your keyboard.

Their are computer stickers in cryllic! You just put them over the english letters! They are clear so you can see both the english and russian letters! And whenever you want to switch languages, all you have to do is push ctr and shift at the same time and it switches languages or press an icon at the bottom of your computer! Is so easy and convinient. When my wife and I traveled back to the usa, this was the first thing we did! :yes: O and the stickers you buy for your keyboard are under five dollars!

Thanks to you and Sat. We talked about stickers, etc. I just went ahead and attached my cyrillic keyboard. I saw how much she was struggling with the other stuff.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.